Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,714 members, 7,831,251 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 04:07 PM

Volkswagen Unveils New Brand Design And Logo - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Volkswagen Unveils New Brand Design And Logo (48483 Views)

Innoson Unveils New Shuttle Bus / Innoson Motors Officially Unveils New Brands Of SUVs In Anambra (see Prices) / Bentley Unveils New £160,000 Continental GT With A Revolving Three-way Dashboard (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Volkswagen Unveils New Brand Design And Logo by seunmohmoh(f): 10:32pm On Sep 12, 2019
Can I order it online?
Re: Volkswagen Unveils New Brand Design And Logo by Jeterry(m): 10:34pm On Sep 12, 2019
Vw owns Mercedes
Re: Volkswagen Unveils New Brand Design And Logo by matrixme(m): 10:34pm On Sep 12, 2019
All these oyinbos self! I'm sure they paid heavily for the not so different design. At such a price, the V and W supposed to have divorced now in an overly designed manner, if it were to be a Nigerian designer. (Especially one that designed the failed Nigerian Air logo)

Re: Volkswagen Unveils New Brand Design And Logo by colestephan86: 10:37pm On Sep 12, 2019
obafemee80:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5dZ-vGIe7b8?t=50

World renowned German automaker, Volkswagen, has revealed a new brand design and logo that will be used on all its upcoming cars, advertisements and dealerships starting in 2020.

As expected, Volkswagen didn't completely revolutionize the look of its iconic logo. The V is still on top of the W and both are inside of a ring, but this time, the W in the new logo doesn't connect with the outer ring.

According to Volkswagen, the new flat and two-dimensional design of the new logo will allow more flexible use and will be outstandingly recognizable in digital media.

Volkswagen's Spokesperson, says :

The Volkswagen’s rebranding is one of the largest projects of this type in the industry worldwide. All in all, 171 markets in 154 countries are concerned. At the 10,000 facilities of dealers and service partners throughout the world, about 70,000 logos will be replaced.

The recently introduced all-electric ID.3 hatchback, which was unveiled at the Frankfurt Motor Show, became Volkswagen's first model to use the new Volkswagen logo.

The Golf-size battery-powered car is part of Volkswagen’s $34 billion strategy to topple Tesla as the electric-car leader. It will come in three variants that will offer between 205 and 340 miles of range.

Do You Like The New Volkswagen Logo And Brand Design? 

https://autojosh.com/volkswagen-unveils-new-brand-design-and-logo/

My Peugeot diesel is amazing,

1 Like

Re: Volkswagen Unveils New Brand Design And Logo by Raylight2(m): 10:56pm On Sep 12, 2019
AntiBrutus:

My eye started turning me sef. You sure say e get difference?
lol. the answer to your question is in the post. the V remains the same but the W is unconnected to the ring at the bottom

1 Like

Re: Volkswagen Unveils New Brand Design And Logo by arcOluwasanmi(m): 11:16pm On Sep 12, 2019
mactoni91:
What's the difference?

The old logo is three-dimensional with the dark background which brings depth to it. Also the 'W' touches the circumscribing circle.

The new one is without those two. It's flat (2D), and the 'W' is recessed from the outer circle.

1 Like

Re: Volkswagen Unveils New Brand Design And Logo by Topmaike007(m): 11:22pm On Sep 12, 2019
engrchykae:
not when. bmw is around
help me tell am
Re: Volkswagen Unveils New Brand Design And Logo by sacx: 11:30pm On Sep 12, 2019
AntiBrutus:

If we check well now, na Nigerian heavily-used 01 Corolla you dey drive... undecided

Troller grin. Seems you like that particular corolla a lot. Bank staff? Na dem. Japanese shitbox cheesy
Re: Volkswagen Unveils New Brand Design And Logo by Nobody: 3:43am On Sep 13, 2019
AntiBrutus:

If we check well now, na Nigerian heavily-used 01 Corolla you dey drive... undecided
You're too harsh.... Dem no dey follow you play ni?
Cc eddee
Re: Volkswagen Unveils New Brand Design And Logo by Nobody: 4:13am On Sep 13, 2019
An unnecessary upgrade IMO
Re: Volkswagen Unveils New Brand Design And Logo by Ignyte(m): 5:17am On Sep 13, 2019
JasonScoolari:
Where 2 or 3 Benz are gathered, other cars are useless.

Sorry VW.

But the Benz cannot stand when compared to only two cars owned by the Volkswagen group.

In this case, I'll mention only Bugatti. Where three Bugatti's are gathered...
Re: Volkswagen Unveils New Brand Design And Logo by MrPaul2: 6:04am On Sep 13, 2019
AntiBrutus:

that's if he has any
Re: Volkswagen Unveils New Brand Design And Logo by Nobody: 6:46am On Sep 13, 2019
JasonScoolari:

Sorry VW.

Lexus over benz all day. With lexus, you can place a bet on your life because you are guaranteed to win.

Re: Volkswagen Unveils New Brand Design And Logo by Nobody: 7:35am On Sep 13, 2019
sacx:

Troller grin. Seems you like that particular corolla a lot. Bank staff? Na dem. Japanese shitbox cheesy

It is on NL I noticed people like it a lot, so I just bring it in when I feel like. Prior to that, I was indifferent about it. Has nothing to do with me or my job smiley
Re: Volkswagen Unveils New Brand Design And Logo by Nobody: 8:13am On Sep 13, 2019
JasonScoolari:

Sorry VW.

Like Lamborghini and Bugatti abi?
Re: Volkswagen Unveils New Brand Design And Logo by Houston25(m): 8:36am On Sep 13, 2019
AntiBrutus:

That na if he get at all[color=#990000][/color]
Re: Volkswagen Unveils New Brand Design And Logo by Nobody: 9:12am On Sep 13, 2019
JasonScoolari:

Sorry VW.

get real, benz and vw are German cars, nothing special about today's benz ,just an overated shit heap.
Re: Volkswagen Unveils New Brand Design And Logo by CoolVoice(m): 9:25am On Sep 13, 2019
It's exactly replica of their 1967 logo.. only that the circle outline is thinner than in the 2020 logo wish is of cause not noticable as such.

For me its a poor rebranding. I only see a company that's going back in time and not looking into the future. But in terms of application of the New Logo Design on the new electric car.. I will rate it a 7.
Re: Volkswagen Unveils New Brand Design And Logo by bronx4(m): 11:13am On Sep 13, 2019
Re: Volkswagen Unveils New Brand Design And Logo by gbonsalifus(m): 2:33pm On Sep 13, 2019
colestephan86:

My Peugeot diesel is amazing,

Read my post on the Return of EVs here https://tanacars./2019/09/07/the-return-of-electric-cars/
Re: Volkswagen Unveils New Brand Design And Logo by gbonsalifus(m): 2:41pm On Sep 13, 2019
This rebranding should be interesting. I like the illuminated logo. And maybe VW cars will finally start getting some character in their design. Nothing as dramatic as the new Lexus designs, but a departure from their bland designs.
Read my post on the Return of Electric Vehicles here https://tanacars./2019/09/07/the-return-of-electric-cars/

obafemee80:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5dZ-vGIe7b8?t=50

World renowned German automaker, Volkswagen, has revealed a new brand design and logo that will be used on all its upcoming cars, advertisements and dealerships starting in 2020.

As expected, Volkswagen didn't completely revolutionize the look of its iconic logo. The V is still on top of the W and both are inside of a ring, but this time, the W in the new logo doesn't connect with the outer ring.

According to Volkswagen, the new flat and two-dimensional design of the new logo will allow more flexible use and will be outstandingly recognizable in digital media.

Volkswagen's Spokesperson, says :

The Volkswagen’s rebranding is one of the largest projects of this type in the industry worldwide. All in all, 171 markets in 154 countries are concerned. At the 10,000 facilities of dealers and service partners throughout the world, about 70,000 logos will be replaced.

The recently introduced all-electric ID.3 hatchback, which was unveiled at the Frankfurt Motor Show, became Volkswagen's first model to use the new Volkswagen logo.

The Golf-size battery-powered car is part of Volkswagen’s $34 billion strategy to topple Tesla as the electric-car leader. It will come in three variants that will offer between 205 and 340 miles of range.

Do You Like The New Volkswagen Logo And Brand Design? 

https://autojosh.com/volkswagen-unveils-new-brand-design-and-logo/

Re: Volkswagen Unveils New Brand Design And Logo by sacx: 2:48pm On Sep 13, 2019
AntiBrutus:

It is on NL I noticed people like it a lot, so I just bring it in when I feel like. Prior to that, I was indifferent about it. Has nothing to do with me or my job smiley

It's a very bland and soulless car. The major attraction is in its fuel economy, of which there are other brands that can give something similar or even better. Na bandwagon effect.
Re: Volkswagen Unveils New Brand Design And Logo by airneehorlah(m): 8:19am On Sep 15, 2019
VW......make sense die

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

UK Firm Will Pay You ₦13.4m/yr To Find Luxury Cars In UAE Supercar Graveyards / Someone Learning How To Drive With Mercedes Benz C300 In Abuja (Photo) / What Do You Think About This New Mercedes Benz Design? (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.