Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,691 members, 7,955,597 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 10:13 AM

A Yoruba Guy Needs Urgent Advice! - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / A Yoruba Guy Needs Urgent Advice! (504 Views)

Urgent Advice Needed To Protect My Mum From Depression. / My Situation Needs Urgent Help. See Account Balance (photo). / Help, My Guy Needs A Good Advice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Yoruba Guy Needs Urgent Advice! by Jayliner: 9:20pm On Sep 12, 2019
Good evening Great Nlanders,

Got talking with a friend who after having serial relationship failure in the past finally thinks he has found his soul mate, the snag is that she turned out to be a distant cousin, a second cousin precisely (Daughter to his Dad's Cousin) they met for the first time in about 21 years of not knowing each other at a family function and both connected deeply to later learn to each others surprise that they are cousins.

Now, my guy is not happy, thinks If he is well advised he can negotiate the Yoruba non-cousin marriage culture conundrum.

Experienced people in the house, please what is the chance of them marrying and if there is a chance what step should be advised to take to negotiate the family/culture barricade?

Let's all help save a future happy marriage and learn from each other as well.

Thanks all.
Re: A Yoruba Guy Needs Urgent Advice! by sisisioge: 9:47pm On Sep 12, 2019
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Eewo! I hope I got the spelling right! So sorry, I'm feeling biatchy tonight tongue...your friend should keep walking...he can't marry his sister! Period! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Still feeling biatchy cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Yoruba Guy Needs Urgent Advice! by Nobody: 10:27pm On Sep 12, 2019
Hmmmm, they seem too close in relation.

I would definitely advice against it!
Re: A Yoruba Guy Needs Urgent Advice! by jaybabs1(m): 11:07pm On Sep 12, 2019
Yoruba culture doesn't permit it. Unlike the middle East or Fulani culture.
Re: A Yoruba Guy Needs Urgent Advice! by Omojudy: 1:22am On Sep 13, 2019
Move ahead already! The drama that will ensue will break families!

http://astrongnigerianwoman.com/
Re: A Yoruba Guy Needs Urgent Advice! by mankettle(m): 2:09am On Sep 13, 2019
Legally they can marry. Culturally I don't think so.
Re: A Yoruba Guy Needs Urgent Advice! by ValCon888: 5:55am On Sep 13, 2019
Of all the billion fishes in the sea, it has to be his blood relation. He should park well.

(1) (Reply)

What The Law Says About Next-of-kin In Nigeria / He Who Finds A Wife Has Found A Good Thing.. / Table Sized Catfish For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.