Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,635 members, 7,820,225 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:48 AM

Inter-tribal Marriages: What's Your Take? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Inter-tribal Marriages: What's Your Take? (5444 Views)

Fulani Chief Calls For Inter-tribal Marriages Among NYSC Members / Inter-tribal Marriages In Nigeria (the Untold Story) / Inter-tribal Dating Between Yoruba And Igbo: A Good Sign for Naija's Future! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Inter-tribal Marriages: What's Your Take? by Bigtee(m): 4:44pm On Jan 19, 2006
I am a Yoruba guy. All the girls i have had good relationship with are Igbo girls. Well i don't know if my case is extreme but when i tried girls from my side they wind up MESSING UP.
So my question is that do you think inter-tribal marriages/relationship always work?

I need your replies.

Thanks for your replies

Successchild
Re: Inter-tribal Marriages: What's Your Take? by DaSaint2(m): 5:22pm On Jan 19, 2006
I am down with it just as long as she is going to make a good humble and caring wife in the long haul.
Re: Inter-tribal Marriages: What's Your Take? by layi(m): 5:29pm On Jan 19, 2006
If u can reconcile the language barrier, nothing stops the relationship from working. With concerted efforts, parental issues wont be a problem at all.
Re: Inter-tribal Marriages: What's Your Take? by hipcaramel(f): 5:40pm On Jan 19, 2006
i'm all for inter-tribal marriages. most of the guys i know and grew up with were not from the same culture as me so i learned to appreciate other cultures. whenever i see a name like Mrs. Joke Chukwuma, for instance, i feel happy inside. it just gives me joy. yeah, there are language and cultural differences (i don't like to think of them as barriers), but that's what makes the union even more beautiful because the children have a better understanding and appreciation of the different cultures. it's a very welcome union to me.
Re: Inter-tribal Marriages: What's Your Take? by obong(m): 7:21pm On Jan 19, 2006
Can we stop using the term 'tribe' for starters? smiley

And yes, I'm all for it. I don't see the problem and have never had a problem with various ethnicities in Nigeria.
Re: Inter-tribal Marriages: What's Your Take? by hola2ng(m): 9:28pm On Jan 19, 2006
Re: Inter-tribal Marriages: What's Your Take? by ocho(f): 10:34pm On Jan 19, 2006
Personally, i see PEOPLE not TRIBES and so i'm fine with marrying someone from a different tribe, but the thing is, my parents aren't exactly all for it. I'm hopeful that if it gets to that stage for me, they won't have a choice than to accept their baby girl's wish and bless her marraige. I even love the idea of inter tribal marraiges, it shows unity in Nigeria and nothing gladdnes me more. cheesy
Re: Inter-tribal Marriages: What's Your Take? by Chxta(m): 1:35am On Jan 20, 2006
We are no longer in the 1960s. I am all for girls from any part of Naija!
Re: Inter-tribal Marriages: What's Your Take? by IAH(f): 1:55am On Jan 20, 2006
I think I'm also up for anybody from any part of Naija but I surely have a preference. wink
Re: Inter-tribal Marriages: What's Your Take? by lioness(f): 10:06am On Jan 20, 2006
am not for any part of nijia. Some are very tribalistic and some are so traditional, even though they are christains, they still engage in some voodo sh*t
Re: Inter-tribal Marriages: What's Your Take? by EddyTells(m): 10:14am On Jan 20, 2006
pls marry from anambra grin
Re: Inter-tribal Marriages: What's Your Take? by lioness(f): 10:17am On Jan 20, 2006
Hi Eddy,
I was actually refering to anambra guyswhen i talked about the voodo stuff.

so i dont think so

[please marry from anambra/quote]
Re: Inter-tribal Marriages: What's Your Take? by damygurl(f): 10:53am On Jan 20, 2006
well it don't really matter! love is wat should count!
Re: Inter-tribal Marriages: What's Your Take? by Nobody: 11:07am On Jan 20, 2006
well it works for some pple and it doesnt for some.

it all depends on yr partner and his level of maturity. Is he able to protect u from his relations or not .If any relative tries to give u a hard time will he be there for yu?

my best advice is look bfr u leap even if u are marrying from yr own village.
Re: Inter-tribal Marriages: What's Your Take? by tunjikrown(m): 12:38pm On Jan 20, 2006
it can work out !
Re: Inter-tribal Marriages: What's Your Take? by Littleone(m): 1:27pm On Jan 20, 2006
Inter tribal marraige is what cannot be shy away from in our multi-ethnic nation. Sure it does work for some and for some, ih has been bad news. But with supporting parents and understanding partners, inter tribal marriage would work. As for me, take love where you find it. i am into one and I aint complaining.
Re: Inter-tribal Marriages: What's Your Take? by lioness(f): 1:30pm On Jan 20, 2006
Babe forget love for a moment.
I believe in reality cos na woman dey mostly suffer the effect.
I have to be real convinced and not just inlove

[well it don't really matter! love is what should count!/quote]
Re: Inter-tribal Marriages: What's Your Take? by EddyTells(m): 1:40pm On Jan 20, 2006
undecided i think everything in life is about understanding and thats the same thing in marriage too.
So whether inter- tribal or inter-nation, its just the understanding between partners.

@ Lioness, Anambra guys are not juju people. Some are fetish though but we know how to treat our wife and love her
Re: Inter-tribal Marriages: What's Your Take? by lioness(f): 1:53pm On Jan 20, 2006
Sure you do, right before you use them for rituals

*maybe u & i shd continue this discussion on the other thread you created on anambra boys* meet me there

[Posted by: Eddy Tells
Insert Quote
  i think everything in life is about understanding and thats the same thing in marriage too.
So whether inter- tribal or inter-nation, its just the understanding between partners.

@ Lioness, Anambra guys are not juju people. Some are fetish though but we know how to treat our wife and love her/quote]
Re: Inter-tribal Marriages: What's Your Take? by gentleone(f): 2:38pm On Jan 20, 2006
yeah, i do admire people who do it but i dont think i can. well, maybe if i understand the guys language, i could.
Re: Inter-tribal Marriages: What's Your Take? by otokx(m): 2:47pm On Jan 20, 2006
i hear there are some places especially in the east where the financial implications of picking a damsel is nothing less than 500k so i am now a bit wiser. I however will prefer delta or yoruba but then its as if a magnet keeps pulling me in the eastern direction so i am just vibrating
Re: Inter-tribal Marriages: What's Your Take? by Nobody: 2:55pm On Jan 20, 2006
Re: Inter-tribal Marriages: What's Your Take? by DEKING3(m): 4:01pm On Jan 20, 2006
I would say if and only if I could, I'ld marry Igbo, Yoruba and Hausa representing and promoting unity between the tribes but because personally I can't and won't, I would marry which ever comes my way.

A piece of advice for those who are already in and those prospective of this kind of relationship to be sure they sit down and decide to deal with any form of opposition that would arise, because, believe you me, they would surely come from either or both sides.
When two agree as to a thing, it would surely work for them.
Re: Inter-tribal Marriages: What's Your Take? by larger20(m): 6:32pm On Jan 20, 2006
Igbo girls make good wives.period....
Re: Inter-tribal Marriages: What's Your Take? by snazzydawn(f): 8:26pm On Jan 20, 2006
you people have said it all,need I say more?
Re: Inter-tribal Marriages: What's Your Take? by 2nde(m): 2:36am On Jan 21, 2006
i think i'm going to end up with an ibo or edo girl cos' dey are the bomb. Some yoruba girl are awesome though
Re: Inter-tribal Marriages: What's Your Take? by 2nde(m): 2:36am On Jan 21, 2006
i think i'm going to end up with an ibo or edo girl cos' dey are the bomb. Some yoruba girl are awesome though
Re: Inter-tribal Marriages: What's Your Take? by Lovena(f): 2:44pm On Jan 21, 2006
All matters in relationship is love and understanding whether the person is Igbo, Hausa or Yoruba
Re: Inter-tribal Marriages: What's Your Take? by Bonie(m): 5:24pm On Jan 21, 2006
It dosn't matter where ur Wife comes from, After all our Nigerians are far abroad marrying from every corner, why not; in our own mother land. any way Inte- Tribal Marriage at time is one ofthe best, is just sal about understanding, my Uncle marry a ghananian lady and they ar doing fine, its all about understning[i] boooooooooooooooo[/i]
Re: Inter-tribal Marriages: What's Your Take? by sbucareer(f): 5:42pm On Jan 21, 2006
"Bonie":

It dosn't matter where your Wife comes from, After all our Nigerians are far abroad marrying from every corner, why not; in our own mother land. any way Inte- Tribal Marriage at time is one ofthe best, is just sal about understanding, my Uncle marry a ghananian lady and they ar doing fine, its all about understning boooooooooooooooo

Correction, there is no such thing as ghananian, it is Ghanian.
Re: Inter-tribal Marriages: What's Your Take? by sbucareer(f): 5:46pm On Jan 21, 2006
Ghana man get very upset when someone refer them as ghananian. A person from Ghana is refer to as Ghanians.
Re: Inter-tribal Marriages: What's Your Take? by Idekeson(m): 6:08pm On Jan 21, 2006
If you can navigate through the left over resentments in our culture to get your queen, surely you will reign in peace and prosperity.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How To Know If A Guy Likes You. / She Said She Is BROKE. / Ladies And Gents, Who Is To Be Blamed For This Konjification {pix}

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.