Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,222 members, 7,815,274 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:03 AM

Is My Child An Ogbanje Or Witch?? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is My Child An Ogbanje Or Witch?? (6851 Views)

Help, My Child Is Already A GENIUS @ 3! / Help My Child Is 8 Months And Wife Is Pregnant Again / “I Dont Wear Pant, If My Child Makes Suspicious Money In Ghana I Wont Take” (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is My Child An Ogbanje Or Witch?? by Renderhelp(f): 5:16am On Sep 13, 2019
Hi @Renderhelp...

I am so confused and tired. I don't understand what is wrong with my 8 year old daughter.

Everyone calls her an ogbanje and I'm starting to think its true.. She is a tricky person and acts older than her age.

One day, I sent her to buy me 2 crates of eggs from a nearby store. I gave her 2000 naira. She spent hours and I became worried, so I went to look for her. I saw her on the way and her eyes were red, she had been crying bitterly. She told me the eggs fell into the gutter and she couldn't jump in to get it as the gutters were flooded. I told her not to worry and we went home.

That same day, my neighbor came to ask me why I sent my daughter to eat at a fast food restaurant alone and I didn't send my other kids. I was surprised and told her I didn't. She said she saw my daughter eating rice, chicken and icecream .. That was how I found out she had lied about the eggs. I flogged her thoroughly that day.

That night, I had my bath and applied lotion on my body. Few minutes later, my body became hot. Both my eyes and private parts were on fire. I ran into the bathroom to pour cold water on my body. I was like a mad woman that night.

The next day, I checked my cream and saw it was red with particles of pepper in it. I became afraid of my daughter that day!!!

She also steals a lot. We can't hide money in the house anymore. Our neighbors have warned their kids to stay away from my daughter.
Recently, she quarreled with a little boy and slapped him. She later went back to apologise to him and asked him to hug her. The boy hugged her not knowing she had a razor blade in her hand which she used to tear his back. We took the boy to a clinic and paid for his treatment. We also had to apologise to his parents.

My mother suggested we should take her to see a prophet but I don't trust those men.

My daughter is just 8 years old and she is so evil...how about when she becomes a teenager??!!

We have beaten, punished and advised her but she's getting worse by the day.

Please help my daughter!

4 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Is My Child An Ogbanje Or Witch?? by blank(f): 5:29am On Sep 13, 2019
She might have behavioural issues that therapy might solve.
As you can see the flogging and punishment is not working, you need to change the hand you use to deal with her.

I would suggest positive parenting classes. They really helped me learn how to manage my kids and reward positive behaviour. If she keeps getting your attention by being naughty, there's no incentive for her to stop.

7 Likes

Re: Is My Child An Ogbanje Or Witch?? by aluko360(m): 5:31am On Sep 13, 2019
Sad story op but na mama oshogbo you carry put for house no be pickin.

17 Likes

Re: Is My Child An Ogbanje Or Witch?? by Adeoludt(m): 5:34am On Sep 13, 2019
Your daughter... undecided

1 Like

Re: Is My Child An Ogbanje Or Witch?? by RoyalBlu(f): 5:34am On Sep 13, 2019
Madam, that child is VERY troubled.
Sit your girl down and ask her deep questions. I promise you, she's rebellious because of something that musta happened to her.

Please stop the beating. It will only toughen her up and make her " bottle up"

Raise your voice to God who gave her to you. You're her mother. She's been entrusted to you. Open your mouth and bless bless her. Cut of every negativity you've tied to her.
Pray for her everyday. A mother's prayer is always honored by God. Trust me.

Draw her close. Be more loving. She'll come around.

It's well with her.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is My Child An Ogbanje Or Witch?? by daddytime(m): 5:49am On Sep 13, 2019
Short of what to write...

2 Likes

Re: Is My Child An Ogbanje Or Witch?? by SirVintageCock: 5:56am On Sep 13, 2019
We tends to give what we do not understand bearable names. This can be a classical case of conduct disorder kiv oppositional defiant disorder

Did you bother finding out why she did all she has done? You flogged her to assuage your anger not to correct her. I think your daughter is unconsciously protesting about something. Find out what it is and fix it. Get a child psychologist if you are overwhelmed. Do not subject her to any religious brouhaha or her mentality will be wacked forever.

Adopt authoritarian parenting strategy with strict rules, no compromise and no input from the child
Anger management

In all things, pray that her path will be set right.

7 Likes

Re: Is My Child An Ogbanje Or Witch?? by General0847: 6:18am On Sep 13, 2019
I think you and your neighbours are the real ogbanje here. That child needs therapy and care. You could have contributed to her behaviour as we don't know your relationship with her at home and how you relate with her.
Better take her to see a psychologist instead of allowing people put evil ideas into your head.

8 Likes

Re: Is My Child An Ogbanje Or Witch?? by KevMitnick: 6:19am On Sep 13, 2019
Problem Child...please where is her father?
Let's start from there.

2 Likes

Re: Is My Child An Ogbanje Or Witch?? by timibare(m): 6:30am On Sep 13, 2019
Pls ya'll should know Wat to write....her daughter might see your comments

1 Like

Re: Is My Child An Ogbanje Or Witch?? by missCAPS: 6:33am On Sep 13, 2019
The baby is only smart and needs more attention from you. Train her well and help her put her "smartness" into good use before you go and pay a bitter spiritualist that'll lead to her murder.

Your baby is perfectly okay wink

2 Likes

Re: Is My Child An Ogbanje Or Witch?? by abiolert(m): 6:34am On Sep 13, 2019
Honestly you need a therapist for your daughter
Re: Is My Child An Ogbanje Or Witch?? by silencer94(m): 6:41am On Sep 13, 2019
See as everyone is calling phychologist/therapist as if they do see them when they face their own issues at home cheesy

31 Likes

Re: Is My Child An Ogbanje Or Witch?? by chuksville(m): 6:55am On Sep 13, 2019
Take her to some genuine Men of God
They'll lay hands on her and pray some Holy Ghost sense into her.

2 Likes

Re: Is My Child An Ogbanje Or Witch?? by ITbomb(m): 7:39am On Sep 13, 2019
The evil you describe here are carefully planned and executed. Those are not 8-years-old pranks
I suggest you get spiritual help, be careful of spanking her and the food you eat

13 Likes

Re: Is My Child An Ogbanje Or Witch?? by NGRsenate: 7:43am On Sep 13, 2019
Busy body neighbors that will not mind their business.

Did you tell the neighbor to carry you to the same restaurant so you can confirm from people there, you just swallowed what your neighbors tell you hook, line and sinker.

What if the neighborhood kids have been bullying your daughter? I’m sure you did not find out, you just swallow what they tell you hook, line and sinker.

What if the real mischievous child is not even the girl? Have you observed your other kids?

See as you run dey call your pikin ogbanje. The goal of the so called ogbanje is to kill you. If she was one, you would have died at childbirth or the child would have died by now.

Nigerian parents and their gullibility. Everything neighbor tell you, you chop.

If you gave birth to a child as smart as that then you have the capability of being smart yourself, I suggest you employ smart tactics to observe and monitor your child. I’ll suggest you start with discreet baby cams around the house.

If you find something disturbing, I trust you’ll know how to proceed from there.

4 Likes

Re: Is My Child An Ogbanje Or Witch?? by UjuJoan2: 7:43am On Sep 13, 2019
Your daughter is suffering from deep psychological disorders. She is greatly disturbed. He behaviour is not normal and truly frightening. You need to get help. . . . And fast.

Please stop beating her. Find out the real reason for her behaviour and give strict punishment according. Beating her only makes her more violent. She needs to realise that violence is never an option.

Also be mindful of the kind of movies she watches. I have a daughter who is almost 8 too and I don't even think she knows how to hold a razor blade, talk more of slashing someone.

Please treat this as urgent and critical.

1 Like

Re: Is My Child An Ogbanje Or Witch?? by Bruno3000(m): 7:56am On Sep 13, 2019
How was she as a baby? Did u notice any abnormality? Let's start from the beginning.
Re: Is My Child An Ogbanje Or Witch?? by LordKO(m): 8:17am On Sep 13, 2019
She has histrionic personality disorder - in fact, let her parents know that she has an elder sister who's a Nairalander, lol. In the next few years, she'll start to heat-up the cyberspace - a forum like this in particular - with her chauvinism. Actually, if they take her to 100 religious homes, they all will proclaim her an ogbanje or witch, although her condition is closely related to them, but she's none of the two.

Her condition isn't curable, but very manageable. She won't really be able to help herself much. She personifies "self and self-interest" and I know she's very hyperactive - trickishness/slyness, hypocrisy, sexual suggestiveness and attention-seeking will be some of her major hallmark. Her condition will get worse as she grows older with some achievements in her arsenal.

She's a child with special need and needs a special care to bring the best out of her always. However, her "win no matter which way/expedient/contentious and prideful mentality/nature" will make her susceptible to depression and suicide. She'll always experience depression and entertain the thought about suicide anytime she encounters more failure than success in the journey of life. Of course, she can kill at the slightest provocation/imaginary betrayal wittingly or unwittingly. Genuine happiness and peace of mind are/will be luxuries she can't afford. Her type usually gains temporary equivalent of happiness and peace of mind at any point in time when they succeed in ruining/defeating others (real or assumed opponents) in any cause, because they've great delight in others misfortune.

It's only a genuine authority (I didn't say neither a dictator nor a sycophant), one who practically understands her condition and has altruistic interest in her, who'll help her maintain balance always - such an authority must be ready to tolerate a lot from her because her type has phobia for decorum and dictatorship. Better if she finally develops altruistic interest in the authority figure.

With the right education and continual management by the authority figure in her advanced life, the sky will be starting point in many things for her. She needs/will always need all the genuine love in this world with its benefits from any authority figure in her life at any point in time to maintain saneness and experience true happiness and peace of mind.

Once more, she's neither an ogbanje, witch, psychopath nor sociopath. She has histrionic personality disorder. Only genuine love of an established authority can conquer her and help her maintain saneness always.

20 Likes

Re: Is My Child An Ogbanje Or Witch?? by zainabicy: 8:29am On Sep 13, 2019
Pls show her love n care...

She has issues , maybe because of what she has watched on TV or experiences she has had, watch what she watches, TV programs n who she spends time with.

Fill her up with such love n care , n reward her good natures.

Forget all those ogbanje things
Re: Is My Child An Ogbanje Or Witch?? by Henrodah(m): 9:13am On Sep 13, 2019
That rice and chicken got me laughing out loud! All I can picture is the girl from problem child 2. She's not a witch , she's just after affection .

2 Likes

Re: Is My Child An Ogbanje Or Witch?? by Davoneskay(m): 9:50am On Sep 13, 2019
False tale! How would you send an eight year old child to get two crates of egg? Second, how on earth would u trust such tricky child with #2000?

6 Likes

Re: Is My Child An Ogbanje Or Witch?? by davillian(m): 9:59am On Sep 13, 2019
She put dry pepper inside your body cream grin
This part got me rotf. grin grin grin.
She just love to please herself first...great kid you've got there.
Re: Is My Child An Ogbanje Or Witch?? by greatme2good(f): 10:47am On Sep 13, 2019
Y'all be wasting your precious comments on something that is not in existence. Dude is a fiction writer and this story and others are his imaginations.

10 Likes

Re: Is My Child An Ogbanje Or Witch?? by uchechefaith(f): 11:04am On Sep 13, 2019
sit her down and talk to her personal why she does weird things. spirituality is real! put her in prayers. if you have a trusted real prophet that can help too to know where the problem is coming from. But kids like this are always great in future sometimes its just devil that saw their bright star is using that way to manipulate her.
Re: Is My Child An Ogbanje Or Witch?? by hysteriabox(m): 11:07am On Sep 13, 2019
Renderhelp:
Hi @Renderhelp...

I am so confused and tired. I don't understand what is wrong with my 8 year old daughter.

Everyone calls her an ogbanje and I'm starting to think its true.. She is a tricky person and acts older than her age.

One day, I sent her to buy me 2 crates of eggs from a nearby store. I gave her 2000 naira. She spent hours and I became worried, so I went to look for her. I saw her on the way and her eyes were red, she had been crying bitterly. She told me the eggs fell into the gutter and she couldn't jump in to get it as the gutters were flooded. I told her not to worry and we went home.

That same day, my neighbor came to ask me why I sent my daughter to eat at a fast food restaurant alone and I didn't send my other kids. I was surprised and told her I didn't. She said she saw my daughter eating rice, chicken and icecream .. That was how I found out she had lied about the eggs. I flogged her thoroughly that day.

That night, I had my bath and applied lotion on my body. Few minutes later, my body became hot. Both my eyes and private parts were on fire. I ran into the bathroom to pour cold water on my body. I was like a mad woman that night.

The next day, I checked my cream and saw it was red with particles of pepper in it. I became afraid of my daughter that day!!!

She also steals a lot. We can't hide money in the house anymore. Our neighbors have warned their kids to stay away from my daughter.
Recently, she quarreled with a little boy and slapped him. She later went back to apologise to him and asked him to hug her. The boy hugged her not knowing she had a razor blade in her hand which she used to tear his back. We took the boy to a clinic and paid for his treatment. We also had to apologise to his parents.

My mother suggested we should take her to see a prophet but I don't trust those men.

My daughter is just 8 years old and she is so evil...how about when she becomes a teenager??!!

We have beaten, punished and advised her but she's getting worse by the day.

Please help my daughter!
Well... She is a witch alright - if you consider stubbornness and witchcraft thesame thing.
For me, it's sheer stubbornness And hardheartedness. I was one like that. No deliverance was done on me. I just... Grew.
I literally couldn't stomach what I consider as nonsense.

U shout on me, I ll wait till u go out to buy something at night and then I ll lock u outside. No hard feelings

U insult me, I'll put a pin in ur favorite chair. That should jerk u up a bit

My teacher scolded me for walking around during evening prep, I followed him in the dark and stoned him like a mad man. That got not only me suspended from school, but the entire set.

See.. Na stubbornness. Just find her spot and drill. Me? Talk to me, look me in the eye and tell me consequence.. I just might listen

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is My Child An Ogbanje Or Witch?? by Gloriagee(f): 12:42pm On Sep 13, 2019
if u ask us, na who we go ask
Re: Is My Child An Ogbanje Or Witch?? by ctleurocollege: 1:05pm On Sep 13, 2019
I don't believe
Re: Is My Child An Ogbanje Or Witch?? by Biglittlelois(f): 9:07pm On Sep 13, 2019
hysteriabox:

Well... She is a witch alright - if you consider stubbornness and witchcraft thesame thing.
For me, it's sheer stubbornness And hardheartedness. I was one like that. No deliverance was done on me. I just... Grew.
I literally couldn't stomach what I consider as nonsense.

U shout on me, I ll wait till u go out to buy something at night and then I ll lock u outside. No hard feelings

U insult me, I'll put a pin in ur favorite chair. That should jerk u up a bit

My teacher scolded me for walking around during evening prep, I followed him in the dark and stoned him like a mad man. That got not only me suspended from school, but the entire set.

See.. Na stubbornness. Just find her spot and drill. Me? Talk to me, look me in the eye and tell me consequence.. I just might listen

Chai cheesy cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Is My Child An Ogbanje Or Witch?? by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 9:15pm On Sep 13, 2019
Kill her!
Re: Is My Child An Ogbanje Or Witch?? by Nobody: 5:43pm On Sep 14, 2019
UyaiIncomparabl:
Kill her!

Why?
Re: Is My Child An Ogbanje Or Witch?? by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 10:45pm On Sep 14, 2019
PrincessNZ:

Why?

Why are you questioning me?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Sexual Harasment In Higher Institutions / Why Is The Paternal Family So Disliked? / I Am In Serious Trouble,what Should I Do

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.