Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,831 members, 7,820,913 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:23 AM

Why Corruption Persists In Nigeria —Professor Patrick Lumumba - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Corruption Persists In Nigeria —Professor Patrick Lumumba (826 Views)

Anger Persists In Rivers As Wike Reviews Next Action / Some Of Professor Patrick Lumumba Quotes / Danjuma Goje: Why Corruption Charges Against Me Were Withdrawn (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Corruption Persists In Nigeria —Professor Patrick Lumumba by Johnnyessence(m): 8:09am On Sep 13, 2019
A former director of the Kenyan anti -
corruption agency, Prof . Patrick Lumumba , on
Tuesday , said the reason why corruption still
thrived in the country was because the people
were not yet tired of the practice .
He said in a society such as Nigeria where
people still celebrated those that fraudulently
enriched themselves , corruption would
continue to thrive .
Speaking at the opening session of the 49 th
annual conference of the Institute of Chartered
Accountants of Nigeria , he said the day
Nigerians would become tired of corrupt
practices , the actions that would follow would
put an end to graft .
He said , “ The task of nation building is a
collective responsibility . If you are an
accountant , you have to do your work by
ensuring that the right records are kept and
that the truth is told.
“ Corruption is a crime against humanity .
Experiences have demonstrated that if a people
in a country are sufficiently fed up , they will
rise up . In Romanian , we saw that the people
themselves were dissatisfied with the conduct
of their party officials and they changed the
attitude of the leadership.
“ Sometimes , I think Nigerians and many
Africans are not fed up . Because the day we are
fed up , things will begin to change . ”
READ ALSO : Zenith Bank seeks to
repurchase $ 500m notes
The Acting Chairman of the Economic and
Finance Crimes Commission , Ibrahim Magu ,
who also spoke at the event called on ICAN to
introduce courses that would prepare
accountants for the fight against corruption.
He said as managers of the treasury , the role of
accountants and auditors in the fight against
corruption was very vital .

https://punchng.com/why-corruption-persists-in-nigeria-lumumba/

1 Share

Re: Why Corruption Persists In Nigeria —Professor Patrick Lumumba by Johnnyessence(m): 8:10am On Sep 13, 2019
Prof is very right.
Re: Why Corruption Persists In Nigeria —Professor Patrick Lumumba by Nobody: 8:14am On Sep 13, 2019
Loch Otieno should face Kenya and allow Nigeria because the country Niger is doomed and doomed beyond recognition.
Re: Why Corruption Persists In Nigeria —Professor Patrick Lumumba by docadams: 8:33am On Sep 13, 2019
"...He said in a society such as Nigeria where
continue to thrive
"

Very good observation. Some Nigerians rather than join in the fight against corrupt people they rather fight the corruption fighter. A good example in the OP, Johnnyessence. Nonsense to essence

1 Like

Re: Why Corruption Persists In Nigeria —Professor Patrick Lumumba by helinues: 8:34am On Sep 13, 2019
Is he a musician?
Re: Why Corruption Persists In Nigeria —Professor Patrick Lumumba by mrvitalis(m): 8:37am On Sep 13, 2019
Nigerians dont feel like they own nigeria

There is no national feeling ...everyone is like my yoruba nation ,my igbo nation ....

This country is a failed projects ...lets divide peacefully or it would end in war

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Corruption Persists In Nigeria —Professor Patrick Lumumba by Johnnyessence(m): 9:16am On Sep 13, 2019
docadams:
"...He said in a society such as Nigeria where
continue to thrive
"

Very good observation. Some Nigerians rather than join in the fight against corrupt people they rather fight the corruption fighter. A good example in the OP, Johnnyessence. Nonsense to essence
I fight corruption to standstill in my little capacity
Re: Why Corruption Persists In Nigeria —Professor Patrick Lumumba by Nobody: 9:34am On Sep 13, 2019
Johnnyessence:
I fight corruption to standstill in my little capacity
I pray.
You that is the number one corruption supporter.
You claimed you had evidences to help Fayose during the election case in court but you were nowhere to be found when the real day came.
You supported Saraki and co, people who turned their states to their personal properties for long and you claim to fight corruption? SMH

Whoever support any of these Nigerian politicians cannot be said to be different from them.
Even Buhari is corrupt to the core.
Re: Why Corruption Persists In Nigeria —Professor Patrick Lumumba by Johnnyessence(m): 9:36am On Sep 13, 2019
kingkakaone:

I pray.
You that is the number one corruption supporter.
You claimed you had evidences to help Fayose during the election case in court but you were nowhere to be found when the real day came.
You supported Saraki and co, people who turned their states to their personal properties for long and you claim to fight corruption? SMH

Whoever support any of these Nigerian politicians cannot be said to be different from them.
Even Buhari is corrupt to the core.
Then charge them to court now.
Re: Why Corruption Persists In Nigeria —Professor Patrick Lumumba by Ceoking6: 9:37am On Sep 13, 2019
I don't know why I always just laugh when I see jonnyessence, packukwudi44, tonyebarcanista comment or thread

Lol
Re: Why Corruption Persists In Nigeria —Professor Patrick Lumumba by Nobody: 9:37am On Sep 13, 2019
Johnnyessence:
Then charge them to court now.
Defending corruption and his corrupt masters as always yet claim to be an activist. SMH.
Re: Why Corruption Persists In Nigeria —Professor Patrick Lumumba by Johnnyessence(m): 9:44am On Sep 13, 2019
kingkakaone:

Defending corruption and his corrupt masters as always yet claim to be an activist. SMH.
Nigerians and their response. all is well. charge all of them to court please. you are hero if you do that.
Re: Why Corruption Persists In Nigeria —Professor Patrick Lumumba by Johnnyessence(m): 9:44am On Sep 13, 2019
Ceoking6:
I don't know why I always just laugh when I see jonnyessence, packukwudi44, tonyebarcanista comment or thread

Lol
I love to smile too, it's part of me. thanks.
Re: Why Corruption Persists In Nigeria —Professor Patrick Lumumba by Ceoking6: 9:51am On Sep 13, 2019
Johnnyessence:
I love to smile too, it's part of me. thanks.
yes o, dada
Re: Why Corruption Persists In Nigeria —Professor Patrick Lumumba by Johnnyessence(m): 9:53am On Sep 13, 2019
Ceoking6:
yes o, dada
yeah
Re: Why Corruption Persists In Nigeria —Professor Patrick Lumumba by Johnnyessence(m): 11:06am On Sep 13, 2019
Cc lalasticlala cc mynd44 cc fynestboi cc OAM4J
Re: Why Corruption Persists In Nigeria —Professor Patrick Lumumba by sapientia(m): 12:22pm On Sep 13, 2019
My Idol.

A Africanist to the core.

One of the few left Black Africans.

Africa will be great again.
Re: Why Corruption Persists In Nigeria —Professor Patrick Lumumba by Nobody: 12:37pm On Sep 13, 2019
helinues:
Is he a musician?

I thought you educated, seriously?
Which village are you chatting from?

Go and research about Professor Loch Patrick Otieno Lumumba...
Re: Why Corruption Persists In Nigeria —Professor Patrick Lumumba by CharleyBright(m): 2:07pm On Sep 13, 2019
Hmmm

(1) (Reply)

Buhari Stripping Osibanjo Of His Roles Is Constitutional Even PEPT Said It. / Bello Adoke Opens Up On How Abacha's Family Hid $1billion Loot / Presidency Debunks News Of Second Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.