Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,449 members, 7,770,119 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 04:10 AM

It Was A Case Of Life Or... - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / It Was A Case Of Life Or... (134 Views)

Which Is The Strongest In Destroying Man's Life Or Destiny Is It Sex Or Masturba / How Do I Please God (Deeper life or Catholic? ) / What Are You Hearing In Your Local Church, Life Or Death? - Olamide Obire (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

It Was A Case Of Life Or... by VLadipo: 8:37am On Sep 13, 2019
When I see the blood, I will pass over you.
Exodus 12:13

It was a case of life or death. Pharaoh wanted to keep the people of Israel in slavery in Egypt at any price. He took no warnings from God, not even through the well-known ten plagues. The tenth concerned the firstborn sons of every family. God had pronounced the death sentence over them. However, each one who stood under the protection of the Passover lamb whose blood was to be applied to the doorposts and the lintel of the houses was spared from the judgment.

God had said, “When I see the blood, I will pass over you.” Under the protection of the blood one was in safety, whether he sensed it or not. The Israelites could rest on this promise of God’s by faith.

If anyone was unsure of his security although under the protection of the blood, that had no influence on his actual safety. It was the blood, not his thoughts about it that determined the matter. God had not said that He would only pass over them, if He recognized their thoughts on the blood.

This can also be the case with Christians, who do not enjoy true peace of heart because they have no proper awareness of the power of the Lord Jesus’ atoning blood. They think their salvation depends on their feelings, yet it is brought about solely through the acceptance of the Lord’s perfect work of atonement. God’s promises are reliable. By trusting God’s Word and not our feelings we shall obtain true peace.

You have just read "The Good Seed" daily devotional for September 13, 2019. For more, please visit www.dailydevotionalsonline.com

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

God's Mandate To End All These... / Overcoming Stress 4 / Turn And Run

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.