Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,615 members, 7,813,017 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:16 AM

Love Of Money Or Sexual Lust? Which Is More Difficult For Humans To Overcome? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Love Of Money Or Sexual Lust? Which Is More Difficult For Humans To Overcome? (650 Views)

The Uncontrollable Spread Of Sexual Lust / Could This Be Love Or Sexual Lust? / Love Of Money Or Sexual Lust? Which Is More Difficult To Overcome? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Love Of Money Or Sexual Lust? Which Is More Difficult For Humans To Overcome? by Nobody: 8:59pm On Sep 13, 2019
Love Of Money Or Sexual Lust? Which Is More Difficult For Humans To Overcome?

I heard not too long ago on a certain thread some agree that sexual lust was what the devil uses most to trap men.

But I wasn't so sure about that because a pastor I knew once said to me a long time ago, in the late Nineties, that if there was anything that pastors have not been able to overcome, it was the love of money. For that is the one thing which could bring problem between them.

And the reason he said that was because of what his friend, a pastor himself also, had done to him despite their agreement on the money sharing formula, before they started a church together in Port Harcourt.

Because the pastor had reneged on the agreement they both had, by giving him less money than what was his due in that respect, hence his bitterness.

But the same pastor who cheated him is now known widely and nationally with TV broadcasts on several National television stations, and unsurprisingly a staunch proponent of the so called "prosperity gospel", as both of them were graduates of WOFBI. And the church in question is now arguably the largest in Port Harcourt to perhaps illustrate the reality of the threat the love of money poses to the church, and the extent to which it has held many bound, inclusive of her leaders.

Paul even attributed the root of all evil to the love of money {1Timothy 6:10} and when you see the extent to which people go to get rich or make money, where they could even kill their own loved ones, you would be able to see that he had a point.

And Jesus in the parable of the sower also mention the deceitfulnes of riches, which could count as the love of money, as one of the things that choke the Word of God from bearing fruits in one's life. {Mark 14:9}

However lust of other things, which could also mean sexual lusts was another thing Jesus mentioned as a Word choker in that instance. Therefore it seems the devil has used the both of them to choke the Word of God in the lives of many, and made it to be unfruitful.

Hence the question:

Which one of "love of money" or "sexual lusts" do you think is more difficult for humans to overcome?

Thanks and God bless.

1 Like

Re: Love Of Money Or Sexual Lust? Which Is More Difficult For Humans To Overcome? by God2man2again(m): 10:41pm On Sep 13, 2019
Lives of David and Samson determine the answer.
Re: Love Of Money Or Sexual Lust? Which Is More Difficult For Humans To Overcome? by Nurumaxy: 12:00am On Sep 14, 2019
love of money is the root of every evil
Re: Love Of Money Or Sexual Lust? Which Is More Difficult For Humans To Overcome? by Nobody: 7:54am On Sep 14, 2019
Thanks a lot for sharing your thoughts.

As things stand we have a tie.

First went to "sexual lust" while the second was for the "love of money".

This already shows how divided opinions are concerning this topic.

God bless.

1 Like

Re: Love Of Money Or Sexual Lust? Which Is More Difficult For Humans To Overcome? by judedwriter(m): 11:49am On Sep 14, 2019
The two strongest human drives are the desire to stay alive and the desire to have sex. I hope that answers your question.
Re: Love Of Money Or Sexual Lust? Which Is More Difficult For Humans To Overcome? by Nobody: 11:55am On Sep 14, 2019
judedwriter:
The two strongest human drives are the desire to stay alive and the desire to have sex. I hope that answers your question.
Not really.

Because of the extent to which people risk their lives to make money. Or would that also count as battle for survival?

If so, does it means you chose the both of them, and none is above the other?

Thanks.
Re: Love Of Money Or Sexual Lust? Which Is More Difficult For Humans To Overcome? by judedwriter(m): 12:20pm On Sep 14, 2019
jesusjnr:
Not really.

Because of the extent to which people risk their lives to make money. Or would that also count as battle for survival?

If so, does it means you chose the both of them, and none is above the other?

Thanks.

True, i didn't think of it that way grin
people go into all sorts to make money to earn a living. But its really close.

1 Like

Re: Love Of Money Or Sexual Lust? Which Is More Difficult For Humans To Overcome? by Nobody: 5:16pm On Sep 14, 2019
judedwriter:

True, i didn't think of it that way grin
people go into all sorts to make money to earn a living. But its really close.
Ok. I'd just take it as a tie for you.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

God bless.
Re: Love Of Money Or Sexual Lust? Which Is More Difficult For Humans To Overcome? by 0temSapien: 5:19pm On Sep 14, 2019
I can't tell which of them o. This is really a strong question. cheesy
Re: Love Of Money Or Sexual Lust? Which Is More Difficult For Humans To Overcome? by OkCornel(m): 7:21pm On Sep 14, 2019
Before money was invented, sexual lust was there...

Anyways, it comes down to either insatiable greed or wanton sexual lust...errrm

Sexual lust nicks it.

1 Like

Re: Love Of Money Or Sexual Lust? Which Is More Difficult For Humans To Overcome? by Ola17: 8:11pm On Sep 14, 2019
I think it all boils down to the human desire/instinct to survive/reproduce( in this context, sexual lust). Money provides comfort and thereby makes you more attractive to a suitable mate.

Sexual lust>=Love of money.

2 Likes

Re: Love Of Money Or Sexual Lust? Which Is More Difficult For Humans To Overcome? by Nobody: 9:11pm On Sep 14, 2019
Sexual lusts seems to be having the early advantage.

Maybe that already says something but let's wait and see.
Re: Love Of Money Or Sexual Lust? Which Is More Difficult For Humans To Overcome? by Nobody: 8:00am On Sep 15, 2019
OkCornel:
Before money was invented, sexual lust was there...

Anyways, it comes down to either insatiable greed or wanton sexual lust...errrm

Sexual lust nicks it.
You are right with the bolded, that's why the Love of money is not the root of all evil, because money had nothing to do with the original evil that brought us to this position.

Thanks for sharing.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Love Of Money Or Sexual Lust? Which Is More Difficult For Humans To Overcome? by Nobody: 6:37pm On Sep 16, 2019
Probably this confirms the thoughts of those who said sexual lusts was the most potent weapon of the devil to trap men on the other thread.

Dear Lord, i know You have the solution to every problem and nothing shall be impossible for you to do. So helps address this issue of sexual lust in the church once and for all. In Jesus name. Amen!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Love Of Money Or Sexual Lust? Which Is More Difficult For Humans To Overcome? by MuttleyLaff: 5:42am On Sep 17, 2019
jesusjnr:
You are right with the bolded, that's why the Love of money is not the root of all evil, because money had nothing to do with the original evil that brought us to this position.

Thanks for sharing.
"For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evils, which some, stretching after, have been seduced away from the faith and have pierced themselves with many sorrows"
- 1 Timothy 6:10

Apostle Paul, in 1 Timothy 6:10 above, was not talking about the original sin or evil that brought us to this position. Contextually, 1 Timothy 6:10, is saying the root of all kinds of evils, perpetrated in the church is because of the love of money, the love of getting money by whatever means possible, even if by hook or crook. The cause of those evils, Apostle Paul, is saying, developed from people coveting, people having their hearts set on getting rich by any means necessary, pastors led astray from the faith and in their greed, doing whatever is needed to get rich like burying head of pig underneath the church altar

The love of money and sexual lust, are buddies, they fight shoulder to shoulder to subjugate man

jesusjnr is saying, money had nothing to do with the original evil that brought us to this position. How about sexual lust? Had sexual lust anything to do with the original evil that brought us to this position, hmm?

jesusjnr:
Probably this confirms the thoughts of those who said sexual lusts was the most potent weapon of the devil to trap men on the other thread
"and asked, “How much will you pay me to betray Jesus to you?” And they gave him thirty pieces of silver."
- Matthew 26:15

"They have left the straight path and have lost their way; they have followed the path taken by Balaam son of Beor, who loved the money he would get for doing wrong"
- 2 Peter 2:15

"8Again, the devil took Him to a very high mountain and showed Him all the kingdoms of the world and their glory.
9“All this I will give You,” he said, “if You will fall down and worship me.”
"
- Matthew 4:9

Judas betrayed Jesus because of money not sex. Balaam made his living cursing or blessing people because of money not sex. Jesus was tempted by Satan with money, riches etcetera and not sex

Every human being has a weakness, has a chink in their armor. For some people, their weak point, their area of vulnerability, is negative love of money. The other some it is illicit sex. It can also be both for these same some, as in, having both the uncontrollable love of illicit sex and negative love of money at the same time, case in point, will be the alleged Krest pastor. For another lot, it could be food, just like as was with Esau. For a different lot, it could impatience, greed and lack of self-discipline, just like as were with Adam and Eve.

Tbh, there is no such thing as "Love Of Money Or Sexual Lust? Which Is More Difficult For Humans To Overcome?" because people compromise for different reasons. People lower their standards for different kinds of inducement. What is bait for Peter, isnt necessarily good bait for Paul

jesusjnr:
Dear Lord, I know You have the solution to every problem and nothing shall be impossible for you to do. So helps address this issue of sexual lust in the church once and for all. In Jesus name. Amen!
The negative love of money rears its ugly head more than sexual lust does among the supposedly faithfuls

The church needs to put on her garments of splendor, drape herself in a robe of righteousness, for the church was given to clothe herself in fine linen, bright and clean, for the fine linen is the righteous acts of the saints. The church is unworthy because she has soiled her garment, her filthy garment, has made her become like one who is unclean.

There is little doubt about the presence righteousness of the church. The Love Of Money and/or Sexual Lust are not qualities of being morally right. Nothing makes Love Of Money and/or Sexual Lust justifiable. A good shepherd shears his sheep, he doesn't for the love of money, go as far as, flay or skin them. Some pastors dont even know to stop when they get down to the skin. Do you think some look after sheep because they love them erhn? No, they only care for the sheep because of their love of money and the sheep are their source of livelihood. They look after their flock, so they can, first, fleece them, or fück and sex them, then second, further turn them into meat commerce to satisfy their insatiable need of moolah.

As God's chosen people, holy and dearly loved, the church needs to clothe herself with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness plus patience, and make no provision for the flesh, to gratify its desires, as was in the beginning with Adam and Eve
cc God2man2again, Nurumaxy, judedwriter, 0temSapien

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Pastor Adeboye's Sermon @ The November 2019 Kalabari Gospel Crusade / The Interpretation Of The Dream Of When You See Padlock. / VIDEO: TB Joshua Pays Tribute To Reinhard Bonnke

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.