Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,832 members, 7,810,201 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:31 PM

Fashola To Inherit N100bn Debt From Tinubu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fashola To Inherit N100bn Debt From Tinubu (1162 Views)

Buhari To Inherit N8.1b Presidential Villa Debts / Igbos Must Learn From Tinubu: Thisday Newspaper / AIT Replies Tinubu, Demands N100bn Damage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fashola To Inherit N100bn Debt From Tinubu by dkoko4(m): 5:04pm On May 17, 2007
ok, dats why hin no wan pedro der, hmmm ,ojuyobo u go go jail ooo.
when other govs dey leave money na debt u leave, how fasola go cope?

http://odili.net/news/source/2007/may/17/212.html
Re: Fashola To Inherit N100bn Debt From Tinubu by Backslider(m): 5:35pm On May 17, 2007
If Naija owes 3 billion dollars in 8 years please lets us check how one state can owe 800 million dollars
Re: Fashola To Inherit N100bn Debt From Tinubu by DisGuy: 5:50pm On May 17, 2007
I knew it!  shocked

If this happened in calabar atleast we'll know what they used it for
Re: Fashola To Inherit N100bn Debt From Tinubu by McKren(m): 7:43pm On May 17, 2007
The news started a propaganda today that Tinubu will leave N27billion in state treasury. Subtract 27b for 100b debt owed by the state govt and tell yourself if there is any reason to celebrate?

DDDDDDDDDEEEEEEEMMMMMMMMMOOOOOOOCCCCCCRRRRRAAATTTTSSSS!!!!!
Re: Fashola To Inherit N100bn Debt From Tinubu by Agboola1(m): 8:10pm On May 17, 2007
shame on critics

Governor Bola Tinubu of Lagos State is leaving behind N27 billion in the state’s treasury as he bows out of office on 29 May 2007.

This is N25 billion more than the N2 billion left in the coffers by his predecessor, Brigadier General Buba Marwa in 1999.

The state Commissioner for Finance, Mr. Akin Doherty, who disclosed this yesterday, said, apart from the N19 billion proceeds from the sale of Celtel shares being committed to infrastructure development, the Tinubu administration would be leaving behind N27 billion.

Doherty said the amount consisted of N2.3 billion outstanding credit balance in a bond redemption account and expected Independent Power Project (IPP) refund of N6 billion.

Others are expected refund of Lagos State share of excess crude funds used to settle the Paris Club debt which is N4.7 billion and the N14 billion local government funds withheld by the Federal Government.

According to the commissioner, the state government invested N11 billion in the Bus Rapid Transit (BRT) project which consists of N6.5 billion for the acquisition of Marcopolo buses and N4.5 billion on infrastructure and maintenance of facilities.

On the Land Use Charge, Doherty stated that N3.5 billion had so far been collected since 2001, adding that the local governments had been the major beneficiaries of the amount so far collected.

“It is interesting to note that this revenue item which, at inception in 2002 was characterised by stiff resistance from members of the Organised Private Sector, is now witnessing a situation where property owners visit the complaint desk of the ministry to demand for their bills in order to take advantage of the 15 per cent discount which is granted for timely payment,” he said.

Internally Generated Revenue (IGR) has risen from N600 million in 1999 to N8.2 billion in March 2007, the commissioner added

“The result is reforms in tax administration through computerisation of our tax assessment and records, inclusive of collection and banking.

“The icing on the cake is the introduction of electronic-Tax Clearance Card (e-TCC), a vital and fraud-free, yet most convenient vessel of tax payers’ records,” he stated.
Re: Fashola To Inherit N100bn Debt From Tinubu by DisGuy: 9:42pm On May 17, 2007
@Agboola, we need more stats on what he has done in the state

Nigeria is improving Lagos state is not!
Re: Fashola To Inherit N100bn Debt From Tinubu by McKren(m): 10:30am On May 18, 2007
Agboola

He leaves 27billion in treasury while owing 100billion debt with little infrastructures in place. How much does the state have if not "minus 73billion" (oopppsss i hope my maths is correct)  shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Fashola To Inherit N100bn Debt From Tinubu by Agboola1(m): 10:38am On May 18, 2007
Mckren

have u been to lagos lately? Tinubu may not have scored the highest but i can authoritatively say he has left good legacies behind in terms of transformations on our roads, schools, water (not all) among other things despite d wars of OBJ. im an islander to the core and pleased with what hes done with the island.

you may want to join OBJ in crucifying him over his firm grip on lagos, i wont.

you need to meet him to appreciate his open door policy.

come to think of it, other govs stinks more
Re: Fashola To Inherit N100bn Debt From Tinubu by McKren(m): 10:43am On May 18, 2007
Agboola1:

Mckren

have u been to lagos lately? Tinubu may not have scored the highest but i can authoritatively say he has left good legacies behind in terms of transformations on our roads, schools, water (not all) among other things despite d wars of OBJ. im an islander to the core and pleased with what hes done with the island.

you may want to join OBJ in crucifying him over his firm grip on lagos, i wont.

you need to meet him to appreciate his open door policy.
come to think of it, other govs stinks more

I think the bit in bold sums up your support for him.
Well as governor he should spread his good works to both those who have met him and those who have'nt
Re: Fashola To Inherit N100bn Debt From Tinubu by DisGuy: 3:29pm On May 18, 2007
shocked
you need to meet him to appreciate his blank cheque policies more like
Lagos stinks even more!
Re: Fashola To Inherit N100bn Debt From Tinubu by lewa(m): 3:47pm On May 18, 2007
I don't know the reason for people to celebrate Tinubu's 8 locust years of agbero politics!
100 billion naira is a lot,what is on ground in Lagos?What are his achievements,apart from spending
tax payers money to front AC in S/W and stopping the tide of the PDP tsunami(would that put food on
the table for milions of lagosians)?
Re: Fashola To Inherit N100bn Debt From Tinubu by dammy02: 4:36pm On May 18, 2007
hi room,
i must comment that right from day one i have never liked tinubu, non of his policies have fovoured me, lastma has broken my windscreen b4 and while we where trying to get a legal redress a top officil in lasg boasted that nothing will com out of it cos tinubu owns the lagos judiciary, so i had to forget about it,   that was 2003,

in 2002, i paid to buy a flat in gra ikeja which was 3.5 million at that time now this is 2007 and the flats are not yet completed and we are been told that it is now 11 million that we hv to pay 7.5 million to collect it can you imagine
so i dont think tinubu has done anything for lagos  but to loot the tresury, i feel for lagos that we did not give pdp a chance in lagos cos fashola is only comin there to pay the debt his master incured so no development in lagos for the next 4yrs but pdp has the fedral might to get money and development tinubu deserverves no mercy and he is a thief, 100 billion that is a lot to incure just to stop pdp nooo! he must suffer for it, i swear, i hate him with all my heart,
Re: Fashola To Inherit N100bn Debt From Tinubu by Nobody: 6:37pm On May 18, 2007
it so obvious u are biased dammy02 and u are an ardent supporter of obanikoro, i will have sticked with ur story and have sympathy but for the fact that u claim we shuld have voted PDP has actually made ur story onesided.i love pdp i even voted for obanikoro but u shuldnt have involved pdp into ur matter so go sidon

(1) (Reply)

Hillary Accuses Obama Of Bedwetting! / Pray! What Does Al Zawahiri Want This Time? / All Governors Summoned To Abuja For Emergency Meeting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.