Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,996 members, 7,825,081 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 06:06 AM

For All Okro Farmers Lets Meet Here - Agriculture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / For All Okro Farmers Lets Meet Here (12294 Views)

Rabbit Farmers lets gather here / Abuja Farmers Lets Meet Here (abuja Environs Inclusive) / Turkey Farmers Lets Get In Here. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: For All Okro Farmers Lets Meet Here by my2chains(m): 6:59pm On Jan 12, 2020
sosowater:
Please my2chains, is neem oil very effective in controlling pests in an okro farm?

hello sir,
neem oil is really one of the best pesticides ever,

but if its too costly and you need a cheaper alternative then go for pepper spray insecticides

although you need to be careful so it does not touch your skin

(walahi you fit run craze with crazy scratchings )

all you need do is get chilli peppers or cameroun pepper and grind,

add water and filter out the pepper,

then apply only the water to the plants

apply it early in the morning or late in the evening

although there is this aboki that sells dwarf variety of okro here in my area,

a milk cup goes for just 100 naira,
and it can cover almost a half plot of land,

it has average 3000 seeds when i counted it
cheers
Re: For All Okro Farmers Lets Meet Here by my2chains(m): 7:10pm On Jan 12, 2020
Adedokunworld:

My mum tried that with two bags of ewedu and they offered N400 for them.
Retailers try to exploit farmers
Both vegetable and poultry because they know you have to sell after harvest and your birds have to be sold

i just planted and uprooted 100 naira ewedu seeds i bought from my normal aboki seller,

it grew under one month and was really greeny and fresh,

although i harvested it and used it to cook ewedu soup just only once but i never sold it because of this your discouragement,

why do you have to say any thing negative here in a public space like this?

Even if your mum sold 2 bags for 400 naira why spoil another persons mind here?

So we should all run because its not really profitable,

do you know maybe they knew she was a newbie thats why they exploted her,

please stop saying things like this on public space again abeg.

See as i just left my hard earned ewedu to be distroyed by those useless stingy thin birds that resembles evil forbidden creatures to feed on all because of this your comment here,

because i felt that ewedu was indeed not profitable,

although i hope to replant it again this new year
Re: For All Okro Farmers Lets Meet Here by rashsal2k2: 7:41am On Oct 25, 2022
james550:
Hello nairalanders,
Gone are the days we suffer much at the hands of planting and making little or no gain.

Advanced organic fertilizers have really made this very easy and possible.

My okro plants are full of life and always green.
People keep asking me how come your okro grows every single day without slowing down.

I just tell them na God o!

I never knew there where organic fertilizers when mixed together can really boost plants growth faster than the normal rate it suppose to grow.

Anyways story for another day,
please all okro farmers lets meet here and discuss issues on ground.

What are the challenges and how to tackle them,
what are the times to make it big farming okro?
How do we get fast maturing dwarf okro seeds?

Do we have low germination rate due to bad soil or weather?

Where can one get bulk buyers of okro?
Do i have to join any union before i start selling my okro to retailers?

How much capital do i need starting up an okro farm?

Can one prune okro to make it grow more pods faster?

All this are questions people ask on a daily basis.

Okro farming to me is profitable,
even if you can start with only one plot filled with okro then i would say you are on a long thing.

Just be ready to be harvesting them every 1-2 days when it matures to full size.

Maybe you can employ neighbours to help you with that.

Please all okro farmers are invited here so we can really share opinions thanks
Please how much is a bag or basket of okro because market women are buying at 1k from me. I just started harvesting, this is the second harvest just a day interval

Re: For All Okro Farmers Lets Meet Here by OgaDeyVex: 8:21pm On Oct 30, 2022
Following The Thread Like Beans And Bread
Re: For All Okro Farmers Lets Meet Here by kanicorp9(m): 8:22pm On Oct 30, 2022
Lol nice Thread
Re: For All Okro Farmers Lets Meet Here by greggng: 8:30pm On Oct 30, 2022
austinomd:
Thanks allot, I've been in touch with oluchidelly they're currently out of stock and my land will grow back if I have to wait for them to restock, plus other factors which may not go as planned if I have to wait for another one month.

If you are in lagos visit lagos state agric development agency or authority . Is at a place called okooba ...when i was doing npower program ..we were posted there and I saw lots of farmers coming to buy maize and okro ...including chemicals for weeding etc ..even people buy ugu seed there

1 Like

Re: For All Okro Farmers Lets Meet Here by Romanoff(f): 8:41pm On Oct 30, 2022
2019 thread hit front page for 2022.

Delay is indeed not denial.

grin

3 Likes

Re: For All Okro Farmers Lets Meet Here by SheikhMuniru(m): 8:42pm On Oct 30, 2022
Since 2019 you just dey push am to front page
Re: For All Okro Farmers Lets Meet Here by Cutehector(m): 8:54pm On Oct 30, 2022
Everybody should go back to farm and be exporting so that our naira can rise again.

We need forex.
Re: For All Okro Farmers Lets Meet Here by brain54(m): 9:06pm On Oct 30, 2022
SheikhMuniru:
Since 2019 you just dey push am to front page
Better late than never…
Re: For All Okro Farmers Lets Meet Here by baralatie(m): 10:35pm On Oct 30, 2022
Following
Re: For All Okro Farmers Lets Meet Here by AuntyRay: 11:32pm On Oct 30, 2022
I am interested... bro show me road
Re: For All Okro Farmers Lets Meet Here by TTGIL: 11:51pm On Oct 30, 2022
ACCESS OKRA, VEGETABLE & FRESH PEPPER �️ BUYER FROM HOLLAND

https://exportfromnigeria.info/thread/3601/access-vegetable-fresh-pepper-holland

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: For All Okro Farmers Lets Meet Here by Nicepoker(m): 12:32am On Oct 31, 2022
I planted mine. Started harvesting 52 days after.
Re: For All Okro Farmers Lets Meet Here by BalancedFault: 2:52am On Oct 31, 2022
2019 thread made fp in 2022.
Re: For All Okro Farmers Lets Meet Here by mu2sa2: 5:32am On Oct 31, 2022
Please fellow Nigerians let's correct ourselves: it's okrA, not okrO.
Re: For All Okro Farmers Lets Meet Here by MrPADDY(m): 7:19am On Oct 31, 2022
Impressive
Re: For All Okro Farmers Lets Meet Here by AgubataAkokwa: 9:11am On Oct 31, 2022
When is the appropriate season or time to start planting okra
Re: For All Okro Farmers Lets Meet Here by FarmTech(m): 8:45pm On Oct 31, 2022
AgubataAkokwa:
When is the appropriate season or time to start planting okra
It can be planted year round. But it is best to target when prices will be high, like dry season.

1 Like

Re: For All Okro Farmers Lets Meet Here by FarmTech(m): 8:46pm On Oct 31, 2022
rashsal2k2:

Please how much is a bag or basket of okro because market women are buying at 1k from me. I just started harvesting, this is the second harvest just a day interval
Those women can be very wicked oo. Better go to markets and ask many sellers and buyers. That how you get the truth.
Re: For All Okro Farmers Lets Meet Here by FarmTech(m): 9:12pm On Oct 31, 2022
BalancedFault:
2019 thread made fp in 2022.
The most important thing is the value. It is ever green.
Re: For All Okro Farmers Lets Meet Here by BoluwGoldenFarm(m): 6:42am On Nov 01, 2022
Good work
I just planted some for home use last week and l bought half milk cup of dwarf type of 50 days flowing from Ojoo market for N100.

My question:
Do people buy powdered dry Okra
I once bought some years ago and I regret it because it was full of sand and small size stones
The powdered dry Okra if we'll prepared it is very sweet particularly on the second second day and very easy to cook by boiling water and add the powdered dry Okra when water is boil ,then add dryer pepper,red oil and after 3 minuets add locust beans or ogiri or Maggie, fish or meat, ponmo , crawfish then leave to boil for 2 minutes after you add salt
This can be use to eat any swallow food like Eba,tuwo,startch, fufu, Semovita, pando yam etc

If we can package the powdered dry Okra for sale it makes a lot of sense.

I have 10 tomatoes plants , 5 pepper stands with 10 okra stands, 2 scent leave plants ,2 bitter leaves stands and 3 onion stands in my garden at home , l plan to also plant Ugwu next week.
You can do the same then channel all your kitchen waste water to your backyard garden.
A friend did same time and he harvest plantain,& banana for the family every 3 weeks year round from his garden at home, if your house is not fence just get old car tires, stack 4 on each other and fill with sand to make a fence around the garden.
With the above you can reduce your feeding cost by 30% .if you have local Fowl or rabbits at home, good luck .

We need to do more of critical thinking & creative thinking on a weekly basis to survive

08120528950.. WhatsApp and call

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: For All Okro Farmers Lets Meet Here by FarmTech(m): 11:02pm On Nov 01, 2022
BoluwGoldenFarm:
Good work
I just planted some for home use last week and l bought half milk cup of dwarf type of 50 days flowing from Ojoo market for N100.

My question:
I once bought some years ago and I regret it because it was full of sand and small size stones
The powdered dry Okra if we'll prepared it is very sweet particularly on the second second day and very easy to cook by boiling water and add the powdered dry Okra when water is boil ,then add dryer pepper,red oil and after 3 minuets add locust beans or ogiri or Maggie, fish or meat, ponmo , crawfish then leave to boil for 2 minutes after you add salt
This can be use to eat any swallow food like Eba,tuwo,startch, fufu, Semovita, pando yam etc

I have 10 tomatoes plants , 5 pepper stands with 10 okra stands, 2 scent leave plants ,2 bitter leaves stands and 3 onion stands in my garden at home , l plan to also plant Ugwu next week.
You can do the same then channel all your kitchen waste water to your backyard garden.
A friend did same time and he harvest plantain,& banana for the family every 3 weeks year round from his garden at home, if your house is not fence just get old car tires, stack 4 on each other and fill with sand to make a fence around the garden.
With the above you can reduce your feeding cost by 30% .if you have local Fowl or rabbits at home, good luck .

We need to do more of critical thinking & creative thinking on a weekly basis to survive

The powdered okra make sense.
Re: For All Okro Farmers Lets Meet Here by brain54(m): 8:09pm On Nov 02, 2022
BoluwGoldenFarm:
Good work

My question:

Chai…

You Dey explicit o!

You sabi describe and narrate something.

I like that. It’s a skill!
Re: For All Okro Farmers Lets Meet Here by Nigerfine3: 3:16am On Jan 04, 2023
mu2sa2:
Please fellow Nigerians let's correct ourselves: it's okrA, not okrO.
Both are correct
Re: For All Okro Farmers Lets Meet Here by Babakolanut(m): 2:35am On Jan 20, 2023
james550:
Hello nairalanders,
Gone are the days we suffer much at the hands of planting and making little or no gain.

Advanced organic fertilizers have really made this very easy and possible.

My okro plants are full of life and always green.
People keep asking me how come your okro grows every single day without slowing down.

I just tell them na God o!

I never knew there where organic fertilizers when mixed together can really boost plants growth faster than the normal rate it suppose to grow.

Anyways story for another day,
please all okro farmers lets meet here and discuss issues on ground.

What are the challenges and how to tackle them,
what are the times to make it big farming okro?
How do we get fast maturing dwarf okro seeds?

Do we have low germination rate due to bad soil or weather?

Where can one get bulk buyers of okro?
Do i have to join any union before i start selling my okro to retailers?

How much capital do i need starting up an okro farm?

Can one prune okro to make it grow more pods faster?

All this are questions people ask on a daily basis.

Okro farming to me is profitable,
even if you can start with only one plot filled with okro then i would say you are on a long thing.

Just be ready to be harvesting them every 1-2 days when it matures to full size.

Maybe you can employ neighbours to help you with that.

Please all okro farmers are invited here so we can really share opinions thanks
Re: For All Okro Farmers Lets Meet Here by Babakolanut(m): 2:45am On Jan 20, 2023
TTGIL:
ACCESS OKRA, VEGETABLE & FRESH PEPPER �️ BUYER FROM HOLLAND

https://exportfromnigeria.info/thread/3601/access-vegetable-fresh-pepper-holland
Re: For All Okro Farmers Lets Meet Here by Babakolanut(m): 2:51am On Jan 20, 2023
BoluwGoldenFarm:
Good work

My question:

Re: For All Okro Farmers Lets Meet Here by Babakolanut(m): 3:04am On Jan 20, 2023
How can I get the improved variety seeds in Ibadan and how much? Pls update me on whatsapp +2349034612092 or email unclemoringa@gmail.com.Thanks

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What Is The Local Name For "Black Seed" ? / How To Cultivate Okro In Dry Season / My Thoughts For 2016

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.