Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,355 members, 7,815,754 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:39 PM

Rabbit Farmers lets gather here - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Rabbit Farmers lets gather here (1381 Views)

For All Okro Farmers Lets Meet Here / Turkey Farmers Lets Get In Here. / Rabbit Farmers Association Of Nigeria (RAFAN) Meet In Lagos (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rabbit Farmers lets gather here by Destinygsd: 9:38pm On Jan 15
The love of animals kept pushing me to get a pet.. I thought of dogs but their care and feeding is something else.. I had some exotic chickens like brahmas and polish breed but i still felt incomplete without the rabbits..So I decided to visit a rabbit farm closeby i immediately fell in love with them. I also found out that they multiply a lot and they're lucrative to breed. Plus they are easy to maintain and their feeding is not that though like dogs and chickens.so i decided to get two rabbits for a start.(a dutch and a chekerd). They are fun to be with. Would be updating the thread twice a week. So put on your seatbelt and journey with us.(pics coming shortly)..

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rabbit Farmers lets gather here by Usmanovic95(m): 4:11am On Jan 17
I'm eagerly anticipating your writings.I am a Rabbit farming enthusiast,and would love to read your challenges and success stories 👍

1 Like

Re: Rabbit Farmers lets gather here by Destinygsd: 9:25am On Jan 17
Usmanovic95:
I'm eagerly anticipating your writings.I am a Rabbit farming enthusiast,and would love to read your challenges and success stories 👍
..... Thanks alot. updates coming shortly

1 Like

Re: Rabbit Farmers lets gather here by Destinygsd: 6:21pm On Jan 18
My cuties grin

Re: Rabbit Farmers lets gather here by Destinygsd: 6:23pm On Jan 18
I tried freeing this guy to play..
But no be small fire on the mountain grin grin

Re: Rabbit Farmers lets gather here by Usmanovic95(m): 10:20pm On Jan 18
The look healthy

1 Like

Re: Rabbit Farmers lets gather here by Destinygsd: 11:04pm On Jan 18
Usmanovic95:
The look healthy
... Thank you... They were all healthy until the dutch fell ill. When i took him for checkup, i found out it was BLOAT thats hurting my furry friend iam just confused on what to do.. I gave him some drugs i pray he gets better.
Re: Rabbit Farmers lets gather here by Usmanovic95(m): 5:31am On Jan 19
When introducing new feed to them you give them in bit so they don't suffer bloat and make their cage and environment extremely neat as they are very neat and well groomed creature.

2 Likes

Re: Rabbit Farmers lets gather here by Destinygsd: 5:40am On Jan 19
Usmanovic95:
When introducing new feed to them you give them in bit so they don't suffer bloat and make their cage and environment extremely neat as they are very neat and well groomed creature.
... I think thats what went wrong. Iam thinking that i mistakenly gave them wet leaves.
Re: Rabbit Farmers lets gather here by Usmanovic95(m): 7:31am On Jan 19
Destinygsd:
... I think thats what went wrong. Iam thinking that i mistakenly gave them wet leaves.

What leaves? to make thing easier for yourself, ask the person you got them from what he feeds them and make it their diet for now, any new feed,you introduce it to them in small ration.
Re: Rabbit Farmers lets gather here by Destinygsd: 8:01am On Jan 19
Usmanovic95:

What leaves? to make thing easier for yourself, ask the person you got them from what he feeds them and make it their diet for now, any new feed,you introduce it to them in small ration.
..... Yeah thats what i did. Thanks alot
Re: Rabbit Farmers lets gather here by Destinygsd: 8:10am On Jan 19
So sad i lost him this morning
Re: Rabbit Farmers lets gather here by Usmanovic95(m): 12:36pm On Jan 20
So sorry to hear this. Don't let this deter your spirit. See it as a learning process. It is well

2 Likes

Re: Rabbit Farmers lets gather here by Destinygsd: 3:13pm On Jan 20
Usmanovic95:
So sorry to hear this. Don't let this deter your spirit. See it as a learning process. It is well
.... I've acknowleged ths and moved on. Thanks alot
Re: Rabbit Farmers lets gather here by Destinygsd: 2:54pm On Feb 14
Sorry for late updates it's been a stressful month.
So I got a matured chinchilla doe , and a male new Zealand white.
I crossed the chinchilla with an American sable. Would be expecting good pups from those combo.
She's expected to litter by month end..
Wish me luck. wink wink

1 Like

Re: Rabbit Farmers lets gather here by Destinygsd: 2:56pm On Feb 14
My New Zealand buck cool

Re: Rabbit Farmers lets gather here by Destinygsd: 2:58pm On Feb 14
He was stained with his pee during transit.
Still thinking of how to clean him up.

Re: Rabbit Farmers lets gather here by Destinygsd: 11:52am On Feb 22
Good morning guys..
I just found out the buck is a lazy one. He finds it hard to mate with a female at first I thought he was shy because he's just getting used to the environment buh after some days he crossed my friends female rabbit after 1 successful fall I was glad he was coming back to normal.
I didn't know he can only mate once a week
. sad

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Rabbit Farmers lets gather here by kenny160: 5:15pm On Mar 02
Let me join you on this thread, hope you will continue updating it till u become a successful rabbit farmer...I can be helping you if you need advice. I rear this thing when I was young but not again cozI lost my brother who will do the rearing together then so it weaked me to the extent I stopped feeding them till they all died but now I am planing to go back to it maybe before ending of this year or next year..I rear guinea pigs too and I know alot about all these animals..the one you just bought that is dirty just leave it, it will lose the ear of the affected area and will be neat again...I want to ask, the one that you said it dead is it the one you uploaded that has black and white colour? Coz it really look unhealthy as I saw the picture...dnt worry u will enjoy rearing rabbit u can add guinea pig but don't put them together and that can be free range if you have fence and space. They are friendly and love anybody takn care of them
Re: Rabbit Farmers lets gather here by zxcvbnmlkjhgfds: 3:30pm On Mar 03
Destinygsd:

I didn't know he can only mate once a week
. sad

A buck(male) can serve more than 5 does(females) in a day!.
Take note of the following though:
1. Mate them early in the morning before 8am or late at night. Never mate in the hot part of the day.

2. Deworm your buck and doe regularly (I do mine 2x a month). You can go for the inorganic dewormers or organic (scent leaves, bitter leaves and pawpaw leaves)

3. If your buck is lazy, get kolanut, ginger, garlic. Chop them in small pieces, soak for 5 days and give the buck 5mls (remove the needle in a syringe) daily for 3 days. For effective results tho, I usually add more kolanut.

4. If you won't mind, you can send a message to my mail. I'd be glad to help you along in your journey.

Shalom.

1 Like

Re: Rabbit Farmers lets gather here by pragmatistm(m): 4:24am On Mar 04
This is the easiest way to cut it

https://youtube.com/shorts/TtCQ1ZsSHi0?feature=share

Do like and share the video.
Re: Rabbit Farmers lets gather here by Destinygsd: 12:03pm On Mar 04
zxcvbnmlkjhgfds:

1. Mate them early in the morning before 8am or late at night. Never mate in the hot part of the day.

2. Deworm your buck and doe regularly (I do mine 2x a month). You can go for the inorganic dewormers or organic (scent leaves, bitter leaves and pawpaw leaves)

3. If your buck is lazy, get kolanut, ginger, garlic. Chop them in small pieces, soak for 5 days and give the buck 5mls (remove the needle in a syringe) daily for 3 days. For effective results tho, I usually add more kolanut.

4. If you won't mind, you can send a message to my mail. I'd be glad to help you along in your journey.

Shalom.

Thanks.. I later sold him out cause he wasn't giving me the results I wanted..
I got some other good breeds tho

Re: Rabbit Farmers lets gather here by Destinygsd: 12:07pm On Mar 04
zxcvbnmlkjhgfds:

Shalom.

I just sent you a mail..
Re: Rabbit Farmers lets gather here by zxcvbnmlkjhgfds: 1:53pm On Mar 04
Destinygsd:

I just sent you a mail..

I've responded.

See you on the other side

1 Like

Re: Rabbit Farmers lets gather here by Destinygsd: 10:36pm On Mar 06
zxcvbnmlkjhgfds:

I've responded.

See you on the other side

Good evening. Please I lost access to my Gmail. Can you drop your Whatsapp contact so I can reach out to you. Or here's mine
Re: Rabbit Farmers lets gather here by Destinygsd: 10:40pm On Mar 06
Good evening pals..
Enjoy some pictures from the farm

Re: Rabbit Farmers lets gather here by zxcvbnmlkjhgfds: 12:04pm On Mar 07
Destinygsd:
..here's mine
Re: Rabbit Farmers lets gather here by Destinygsd: 5:56am On Mar 09
My babies would soon mamas wink

Re: Rabbit Farmers lets gather here by Destinygsd: 5:57am On Mar 09
What do you love about her.
Me:. Her ears angry

Re: Rabbit Farmers lets gather here by Destinygsd: 11:24am On Mar 10
Yet another Successful delivery to lugbe Abuja...
We still got some good rabbits breeds available..
Reach out to us today.. 08138778570

Re: Rabbit Farmers lets gather here by mariahAngel(f): 1:33pm On Mar 10
Destinygsd:

Do you raise them for meat?

They're such cuties.
Re: Rabbit Farmers lets gather here by Destinygsd: 8:51am On Mar 13
mariahAngel:

Do you raise them for meat?

They're such cuties.
Nope I don't raise them for meats. Rather for pets and breeding purpose..

(1) (2) (Reply)

Hatching of Ostrich Egg / I Can’t Resist Telephone Farming / Chicken Cage, Battery Cage, Layer Cage, Poultry Cage In Lagos, Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.