Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,132 members, 7,814,953 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:43 AM

Shehu Sani Reacts To 7.2% VAT - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Shehu Sani Reacts To 7.2% VAT (37490 Views)

Increment Of VAT To 7.2%: Nigerians Slam FG / FG Raises VAT To 7.2%. To Seek National Assembly Approval / Shehu Sani Reacts To Buhari’s Appraisal Of Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Shehu Sani Reacts To 7.2% VAT by Iamgrey5(m): 10:54pm On Sep 14, 2019
Tomide007:

He's a bad leader but a good activist
He should put his money where his mouth is grin
Re: Shehu Sani Reacts To 7.2% VAT by jkendy(m): 10:54pm On Sep 14, 2019
El-Rufai won't be happy with this tweet, I swear.
He said Shehu Sani has been reduced to a mere blogger after his "dismissal" from the Senate
grin grin grin
Re: Shehu Sani Reacts To 7.2% VAT by UrVillagePpl: 10:55pm On Sep 14, 2019
this man is just too smart with his word cool

robbing Peter to pay paul
Re: Shehu Sani Reacts To 7.2% VAT by blowjob: 10:56pm On Sep 14, 2019
DEM DEY REACT, LIKE THEY PAY TAXES grin grin grin

NIAJA PEOPLE grin grin grin
Re: Shehu Sani Reacts To 7.2% VAT by Sonoyom(m): 10:56pm On Sep 14, 2019
someone called a country shit.hole, he might be right anyways.

1 Like

Re: Shehu Sani Reacts To 7.2% VAT by francisisking: 10:57pm On Sep 14, 2019
and to make matter worse they'll still add 5% charges on any online transaction from next year... oh lawd we are damned in this f.ucking country.

1 Like

Re: Shehu Sani Reacts To 7.2% VAT by misterjosh(m): 11:01pm On Sep 14, 2019
HeWrites:
Senator Shehu Sani has reacted to the recent increment in Value Added Tax (VAT) by the President Muhammadu Buhari led federal government, Igbere TV reports.

Igbere TV had reported that President Buhari, in the last FEC meeting held on Wednesday, approved a two per cent increase in VAT to move it from the current five to seven per cent.

The Minister of Finance, Zainab Ahmed, who made the disclosure, however, said the implementation will not take effect until the approval by the National Assembly.

Reacting to the development in a tweet sighted by Igbere TV on Saturday, the former Senator representing Kaduna Central, wrote;

“Peter is for VAT,Paul is for new Minimum wage.”

https://twitter.com/ShehuSani/status/1172822984517664768?s=19

Igbere TV could deduce that the Kaduna born politician meant the President Buhari led administration was 'robbing Peter (masses) to pay Paul' (workers’).

http://igberetvnews.com/980219/check-out-shehu-sanis-tweet-on-newly-introduced&72-per-cent-vat/

On another note, an increase from 5% to 7% doesn't translate to a 2% increment sad
Re: Shehu Sani Reacts To 7.2% VAT by israelmao(m): 11:01pm On Sep 14, 2019
I have never seen a country or nation where federal government is a big loser.The only way you can be on top of your game is to own a business,if you are working for government and you ask for increment be sure that government must find the source of funding the increase and you must pay in one way or the other,it is one of the conspiracies of the rich and the power-that-be.
Re: Shehu Sani Reacts To 7.2% VAT by martowskin1(m): 11:02pm On Sep 14, 2019
Abfinest007:
there is nothing like they are robbery Peter to pay Paul bcuz Peter has not been paid or has FG started paying the new minimum wage, this is just pure foolishness from this government

Did u even understand his tweet.... Read and understand no be force to comment
Re: Shehu Sani Reacts To 7.2% VAT by wabbyland(m): 11:05pm On Sep 14, 2019
Abfinest007:
there is nothing like they are robbery Peter to pay Paul bcuz Peter has not been paid or has FG started paying the new minimum wage, this is just pure foolishness from this government
did you go through your comment?

Re: Shehu Sani Reacts To 7.2% VAT by Nobody: 11:05pm On Sep 14, 2019
J111333:
This man is so smart, I like him already. It takes the wise to peruse and understand his writeups.

He knows how to bring a biblical verse to suite his argument.
You also need to look and look again to get the gists of some of his sarcastic and theological tweets.See two of such tweets below

"Baba said hundred million would be lifted out of poverty in 10years; The VP said ten million would be lifted out of poverty in ten years,there’s a 90 million gap in their thoughts and visions"

"Oh yea Rochas;thee hath wandered for so long in the desert of Egypt,searching for Gold under the foot of the Pharaohs and casting Idols in Bronze.Return to thy brethren and seek forgiveness of thy Lord that thee shalt be cured of thy leprosy"
Re: Shehu Sani Reacts To 7.2% VAT by growtogeda: 11:10pm On Sep 14, 2019
only we that sang poem will understand

1 Like

Re: Shehu Sani Reacts To 7.2% VAT by BarrElChapo(m): 11:13pm On Sep 14, 2019
Is this for real ? shocked if true this man is just a FOOL like them all.. guess he's turned activist cos he's no longer in power period !
omenka:
What I dislike about this blogger is that when he was a Senator, the ONLY thing that made news about him as per constituency project was purchasing about TWENTY TRANSISTOR RADIOS for his people. But he is one of the loudest critic of the government.

I dont like such two faced hypocrites.

https://www.nairaland.com/2888868/shehu-sani-distributes-transistor-radio
Re: Shehu Sani Reacts To 7.2% VAT by Sermwell(m): 11:14pm On Sep 14, 2019
omenka:
What I dislike about this blogger is that when he was a Senator, the ONLY thing that made news about him as per constituency project was purchasing about TWENTY TRANSISTOR RADIOS for his people. But he is one of the loudest critic of the government.

you are here bashing a man that may not even be affected by the VAT increment but you are silent with those responsible for the VAT increase!! Now tell me, are you not foooolish

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shehu Sani Reacts To 7.2% VAT by eneyoduke(m): 11:14pm On Sep 14, 2019
Very soon there will declear him wanted for acting like the commander in chief

1 Like

Re: Shehu Sani Reacts To 7.2% VAT by MPESA(m): 11:16pm On Sep 14, 2019
omenka:

Omenka you ain't making sense , how long can you defend calamitous Government....
P.s
Your mumu never do.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shehu Sani Reacts To 7.2% VAT by Wiifesnatcher(m): 11:22pm On Sep 14, 2019
did I just read that dude called Buhari govt ojuelegba Robin hood he's Right

but how long will Shehu sani be forming blogger, no be those cheering him go revive his dying political career. I expect him to strategize ahead and leave this nonsense tweet that hold no water. Buhari wey no dey read newspaper na him won read tweet?
Re: Shehu Sani Reacts To 7.2% VAT by omenka(m): 11:25pm On Sep 14, 2019
Richdad50:
shocked
You that is not a HYPOCRITE what have you done for your own people? Small boys abusing men who fought alongside their grandparents for democracy. Silly children.

Richdad
I can beat my chest ANYWHERE knowing I have made VERY SIGNIFICANT IMPACT on the lives of TOTAL STRANGERS.

In my little ways, I have clothed, fed, educated and paid the school fees of TOTAL STRANGERS.

I have also assisted TOTAL STRANGERS who were accident victims even when they were ignored by a passing convoy belonging to a politician!

That said, I really dont owe any fool any explanation with regards what I have or haven't done for people. No one paid me to take on such responsibilities, but Shehu Sani on the other hand was paid to carry out projects, and the best he could come up with was TRANSISTOR RADIOS numbering about twenty.

You are an ignorant clown trying to pass yourself off as a sage to the admiration of other ignorant clowns around here.

You should stick to amusing yourself and them rather than making a mockery of your trade getting involved with those beyond your reach.

Lastly, if Shehu Sani fought alongside YOUR grandparents, you better personalised that credit to him rather than making stupid generalizations.

Good night.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shehu Sani Reacts To 7.2% VAT by golddust6000(m): 11:27pm On Sep 14, 2019
See what senators earn around the world, number 1 will shock you shocked
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=513S14QT9nU
Re: Shehu Sani Reacts To 7.2% VAT by AsomArchitectNG(m): 11:37pm On Sep 14, 2019
See our recent design of a 4bedroom residential accommodation with all rooms ensuite designed to fit into a half plot of land See my signature for more details...
Re: Shehu Sani Reacts To 7.2% VAT by Nobody: 11:41pm On Sep 14, 2019
omenka:

Lol hey Nigeria. Transistor radio to use and do what naaa
Re: Shehu Sani Reacts To 7.2% VAT by TruthProphet: 12:10am On Sep 15, 2019
valentineuwakwe:
This is simply a case of Robbing Paul the masses to pay Peter the Govt. ...when will we ever have a sincere government in this country...which way Nigeria?

When will you people ever have the sense to vote in the right people in power instead of Sai Baba(ing) and Atikulating?? undecided
Re: Shehu Sani Reacts To 7.2% VAT by Nobody: 12:13am On Sep 15, 2019
omenka:

he remains one of the hardworking senators we've had. Transistor radio was all you heard about or saw. What about primary and secondary schools in his constituency he gave a new lease of life, ranging from scholarships to equipping their libraries and laboratories, sinking boreholes in his community and Grant to artisans, empowerment of youths etc? I'm sure his haters are too blind to see and too deaf to hear of such projects. He has been a human rights activist ever before joining the apc. The beginning of his problems was because he refused to share his constituency projects funds with elrufai because he said it wasn't enough in the first place so, sharing same would make him renege on his promises to the constituency. You cant hate what apc is doing and remain in their fold, laye!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shehu Sani Reacts To 7.2% VAT by Staro: 12:19am On Sep 15, 2019
Aswear
Re: Shehu Sani Reacts To 7.2% VAT by TruthinAction: 12:29am On Sep 15, 2019
We need subsidy and not VAT. You carry more load on the citizens that are already crying for help. Is this not wickedness.

Mr President should give us a breakdown at the end of the year on how he spent the one billion naira budgeted for his transport alone. That is over 80 million naira daily for transport expenses alone. Osinbajo too should tell us how he spent 300 million naira budgeted for his transport expenses. Corrupt leaders.
Re: Shehu Sani Reacts To 7.2% VAT by OgogoroFreak(m): 12:30am On Sep 15, 2019
Even the silly Senator will do worst if he is on power.
Re: Shehu Sani Reacts To 7.2% VAT by Funkyswagzz(m): 12:58am On Sep 15, 2019
This statement is very deep
Re: Shehu Sani Reacts To 7.2% VAT by Blitz888(m): 1:55am On Sep 15, 2019
The burden keeps getting weightier cos the Government is so insensitive
Re: Shehu Sani Reacts To 7.2% VAT by AreaFada2: 3:02am On Sep 15, 2019
That's if the "robber" passes the loot on to Paul.

In this Niger Area nothing is certain. grin cheesy

7.2% VAT is itself not too big BUT it should not be universal or uniform.

Education, healthcare, goods for kids, agric equipment, transport, food and some other goods/services should be VAT free. Some key commercial sectors we want to urgently promote should have low VAT like the current one.

Problem is the next Federal Govt might just hike it again without first studying the economic impact of previous hike.

While money into the treasury from VAT might seem attractive, overall negative impact on consumption and investment could be very high.
Re: Shehu Sani Reacts To 7.2% VAT by Livefreeordieha(m): 3:53am On Sep 15, 2019
Richdad50:
shocked
You that is not a HYPOCRITE what have you done for your own people? Small boys abusing men who fought alongside their grandparents for democracy. Silly children.

Richdad
the worst is they are social misfits and they are loyal to their status because poverty they inherited has already set the limits for their lives... It's sad but understandable..

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

INEC Cancels Seven Poling Units In Kogi State / EFCC Confronts Akpabio With Evidence Of Transactions / PDP Blames Buhari For Coronavirus In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.