Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,778 members, 7,810,029 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:00 PM

Ikechukwu Duke Ashiedu Inducted Into The U.S. Navy (Photos) - Career (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Ikechukwu Duke Ashiedu Inducted Into The U.S. Navy (Photos) (49037 Views)

Nigerian-Born American Citizen Promoted To Commander In The US Navy (Photos) / Ugochukwu Obi Elevated As Commander In US Navy (Photos) / Ikechukwu Ikeji, Lawyer & Pastor Dies (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ikechukwu Duke Ashiedu Inducted Into The U.S. Navy (Photos) by Nobody: 3:34pm On Sep 15, 2019
AntiBalaka:
He is a rating and not an Officer.
bad belle kee you dia..... He's still better than a Major in the Nigerian Army
Re: Ikechukwu Duke Ashiedu Inducted Into The U.S. Navy (Photos) by mercyvivv(f): 3:44pm On Sep 15, 2019
Congrats man. Keep the flag flying high

Get FREE access to the best compilation of school lesson notes/plans, curriculum and other resource. Check my signature for details.
Re: Ikechukwu Duke Ashiedu Inducted Into The U.S. Navy (Photos) by Ombre(m): 3:50pm On Sep 15, 2019
NewDelhi:

No you're wrong.. The authority you're talking about is different...

A DSSC "CANNOT" command soldiers. It's limited. That authority is meant for the SSC people.. SSC are the real soldiers. You'd fear a captain Combatant than you'd fear a captain doctor.

What trash are you all spewing here?

So confidently!
Re: Ikechukwu Duke Ashiedu Inducted Into The U.S. Navy (Photos) by Ombre(m): 3:52pm On Sep 15, 2019

1 Like

Re: Ikechukwu Duke Ashiedu Inducted Into The U.S. Navy (Photos) by PeaceGord: 3:52pm On Sep 15, 2019
fordunit:

By saying he is ignorant you are insulting him. The truth still remains that, was it not for the fact that he started the argument, a lot of people here wouldn't have known which of the two arguments is indeed the fact. Like or hate it, the argument was an intelligent one and people have learnt a thing or two.

Would you guys mind not insulting people when dropping your opinion?

You're ignorant.

Find out the meaning of the word ignorant.
Re: Ikechukwu Duke Ashiedu Inducted Into The U.S. Navy (Photos) by tck2000(m): 3:52pm On Sep 15, 2019
nice
Re: Ikechukwu Duke Ashiedu Inducted Into The U.S. Navy (Photos) by HarunaWest(m): 3:53pm On Sep 15, 2019
Kenturkey048:
OGA Ade....Kenneth minimar was not SSC ..get your fact right...the present chief on naval staff is not a DSSC..He enlisted into the Nigerian Defence Academy as a member of 26 Regular Course on 20 June 1979 and was commissioned Sub-Lieutenant on 1 January 1983.I don't know why people confidently say what they don't know
Read..Black people don't read..Where did I mention CNS or Say Lt Gen Minimah name...Black people read

2 Likes

Re: Ikechukwu Duke Ashiedu Inducted Into The U.S. Navy (Photos) by Ombre(m): 3:55pm On Sep 15, 2019

1 Like

Re: Ikechukwu Duke Ashiedu Inducted Into The U.S. Navy (Photos) by jhubril(m): 3:56pm On Sep 15, 2019
AntiBalaka:

The highest rank a short service officer can attain is Colonel and this is reserved only to senior professionals without going to War College.

The highest tenure is 10yrs also.

And they are never given command positions in whatever form as they are not trained military strategists and soldiers but rather occupy only non-command positions.

Unlearn your distorted half-truth about SHORT SERVICE COMMISSION. Pay attention to all that the other guy has told you and bid farewell to ignorance.

1 Like

Re: Ikechukwu Duke Ashiedu Inducted Into The U.S. Navy (Photos) by HarunaWest(m): 3:58pm On Sep 15, 2019
Cybertext:

Are you sure of this information?? Please don't pass wrong information... No former COAS was ever from SSC they are all regular officers... The highest I've seen a SSC/DSSC is a Major Gen....or equivalent
Go and read about General Ishaya Rizi Bamaiyi...I was born in the barracks ooo...You should do more reading.

1 Like

Re: Ikechukwu Duke Ashiedu Inducted Into The U.S. Navy (Photos) by Ombre(m): 4:03pm On Sep 15, 2019
MrMicholo:

Bro, you are correct in some instance and wrong in some... there is something called "Regularisation"- where you convert from Short service to full regular commissioning same with NDA counterparts..
and I am on SSC and I'm commanding a unit here in Kodunga.

Oga Sir may your days be long.
Compliments Sir.

These folks just throwing smoke like they really know what they saying about the military structure.
Re: Ikechukwu Duke Ashiedu Inducted Into The U.S. Navy (Photos) by Weedhustler: 4:07pm On Sep 15, 2019
New d guy back then as a copa in ondo state! 2013/2014 batch...congrat bro, saviola can argue for Africa.
Re: Ikechukwu Duke Ashiedu Inducted Into The U.S. Navy (Photos) by PatrickOkunima(m): 4:12pm On Sep 15, 2019
AntiBalaka:

Any university graduate you see serving as an officer is under short service.

They will never get command positions and are limited to professional roles e.g. Medical, Engineer, accounting, etc.

West Point is the only institution reserved for training cadet officers in the US although like Sandhurst in the UK, not every graduant automatically gets commissioned as both West Point and Sandhurst cater to foreign students.

To get into West Point, you must be referred to by a serving US Senator.

The folly of commissioning University graduates as full commissioned officers can be seen with the likes of Ifeajuna and Ojukwu, who both graduated from university before joining the military. Ironsi even complained about having university graduates saying; "I asked for soldiers and they gave me graduates". He was right because these officers joined the military with their indoctrinated Marxist mindset and the rest is history.

That sentence is not correct. DSS officers in Nigeria hold command appointments, and are not restricted to those corps or branches you stated. Presently, they cannot be service chiefs (CNS, CAS, COAS and CDS).
Re: Ikechukwu Duke Ashiedu Inducted Into The U.S. Navy (Photos) by Mrquote: 4:19pm On Sep 15, 2019
TRIGITIS:
[b][/b]
Meaning Ashiedu is a university graduate.

But a university graduate as a junior sailor?

Personally, I don't really see any big deal here o.

For the unintelligent ignoramuses who might start disturbing my mention, there is a difference between officers and sailors. Officers are university graduates while sailors are not.

The man with 3 yellow bars on his shoulders is the only officer in the 2nd picture, the rest are sailors.
What if Nigeria system and their own different
Re: Ikechukwu Duke Ashiedu Inducted Into The U.S. Navy (Photos) by PatrickOkunima(m): 4:22pm On Sep 15, 2019
TRIGITIS:

Oga, a converted short service officer can get to major general. The army has female Maj generals, the navy also has femal admirals while the air force also has female vice marshals. The question now is, are these females graduates of NDA? Is it not recently NDA start taking females to pass through the four yrs in NDA?

I'm sure you know these females joined through short service, but what you don't know is that they later converted.

I repeat, a converted short service officer has exactly same status as his NDA counterparts.

Pls are you telling me these ones joined as NDA graduates?

Antibalaka has lost touch with reality.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ikechukwu Duke Ashiedu Inducted Into The U.S. Navy (Photos) by Dabliss07(m): 4:27pm On Sep 15, 2019
Achievement is a great thing. Let's celebrate them.
Re: Ikechukwu Duke Ashiedu Inducted Into The U.S. Navy (Photos) by obstead200(m): 4:32pm On Sep 15, 2019
AntiBalaka:

Any university graduate you see serving as an officer is under short service.

They will never get command positions and are limited to professional roles e.g. Medical, Engineer, accounting, etc.

West Point is the only institution reserved for training cadet officers in the US although like Sandhurst in the UK, not every graduant automatically gets commissioned as both West Point and Sandhurst cater to foreign students.

To get into West Point, you must be referred to by a serving US Senator.

The folly of commissioning University graduates as full commissioned officers can be seen with the likes of Ifeajuna and Ojukwu, who both graduated from university before joining the military. Ironsi even complained about having university graduates saying; "I asked for soldiers and they gave me graduates". He was right because these officers joined the military with their indoctrinated Marxist mindset and the rest is history.
I think they still get command position. I know several. And none of them are in the professional cadre
Re: Ikechukwu Duke Ashiedu Inducted Into The U.S. Navy (Photos) by snowland(m): 4:41pm On Sep 15, 2019
aaronson:
Forget it, Bros is only Nigerian by name, A perk of that acheivement/award means he's now a US citizen. Let's face the fact people.

DISTRESS SALES DEAL on a Lexus down my signature.

Na lie be that. That he's enlisted in the US military does not give him an automatic citizenship. He has to apply for it. That's a fact....
Re: Ikechukwu Duke Ashiedu Inducted Into The U.S. Navy (Photos) by adanny01(m): 5:11pm On Sep 15, 2019
Kanade21:

1. Getting into officer training school in the. US is tough.Also you have to be nominated by your local senator for the entry

2. Another thing , as a sailor the guy has chances to learn skills that would serve him well.

3. And his pathway to.citizenship is much more easier .

4. As a veteran, he has access to relatively free health care , funding for his kids education,etc.

5Here in Nigeria, we have lower ranks who even go to university and further their education self.

On 5, he will have access to scholarship to get a master degree.

1 Like

Re: Ikechukwu Duke Ashiedu Inducted Into The U.S. Navy (Photos) by bigcasava1(m): 5:12pm On Sep 15, 2019
It will always be us. Igbo amaka! That's why they wouldn't let go.
Re: Ikechukwu Duke Ashiedu Inducted Into The U.S. Navy (Photos) by idu1(m): 5:15pm On Sep 15, 2019
Antibalaka na olodo
Re: Ikechukwu Duke Ashiedu Inducted Into The U.S. Navy (Photos) by Deepfeel(m): 5:18pm On Sep 15, 2019
Good one, biafra will need his services in the nearest future
Re: Ikechukwu Duke Ashiedu Inducted Into The U.S. Navy (Photos) by Cybertext(m): 5:24pm On Sep 15, 2019
HarunaWest:

Go and read about General Ishaya Rizi Bamaiyi...I was born in the barracks ooo...You should do more reading.
Stop spewing rubbish General Bamayi was a regular... All CAOS till date were all regular officers maybe when you become president you can appoint a SSC officer as your COAS or any service chief; but as for now you are wrong.
Re: Ikechukwu Duke Ashiedu Inducted Into The U.S. Navy (Photos) by Emyben(m): 5:35pm On Sep 15, 2019
AntiBalaka:

The highest rank a short service officer can attain is Colonel and this is reserved only to senior professionals without going to War College.

And they are never given command positions in whatever form as they are not trained military strategists and soldiers but rather occupy only non-command positions.

That's a big lie.
They can attain Major General, Rear Admirals and it's equivalent in the airforce... The only stuff which they haven't been able to attain is service chiefs (Lt Gen, Vice Adm, etc)

I know plenty, so do not guess that I am guessing
Re: Ikechukwu Duke Ashiedu Inducted Into The U.S. Navy (Photos) by HarunaWest(m): 5:52pm On Sep 15, 2019
Cybertext:

Stop spewing rubbish General Bamayi was a regular... All CAOS till date were all regular officers maybe when you become president you can appoint a SSC officer as your COAS or any service chief; but as for now you are wrong.

Oga you are mad....

Re: Ikechukwu Duke Ashiedu Inducted Into The U.S. Navy (Photos) by HarunaWest(m): 5:59pm On Sep 15, 2019
Cybertext:

stop saying nonsense...you don't know nada...Go and read further .What nonsense..Even ordinary internet u can't verify..What nonsense...I remember when he was Named COAS, there was an uproar back then by the regulars,but fear of 001 made everyone keep still..This is my last reply to you... Bye

Re: Ikechukwu Duke Ashiedu Inducted Into The U.S. Navy (Photos) by chibnnodi: 6:02pm On Sep 15, 2019
I know him very well. He's from Delta state and served in Harrison's led SUG government.
Re: Ikechukwu Duke Ashiedu Inducted Into The U.S. Navy (Photos) by Bimpe29: 6:03pm On Sep 15, 2019
Make us proud, guy
Re: Ikechukwu Duke Ashiedu Inducted Into The U.S. Navy (Photos) by soojar(m): 6:58pm On Sep 15, 2019
Not correct sir.
The highest rank a short service officer can attain is Brigadier General in the Army, A commodore in the Navy and Air commodore in the Air Force.

You are also wrong they are given command positions (at least not higher than the highest level they can get)

AntiBalaka:

Re: Ikechukwu Duke Ashiedu Inducted Into The U.S. Navy (Photos) by soojar(m): 7:10pm On Sep 15, 2019
Brigadier General is the highest you can get to in the Army if you joined through short service.

You are right though, a graduate of NDA starts as a second Lt. same which is given to a graduate convert. But their rate of promotion is not the same. Also, a short service retires on Brig. General (1 star) while the NDA graduate is the only one that can get to Lt. Gen which is above a major Gen. (well, except you overthrow the govt, and become the president even as a mere Major you can make yourself a full general or even a field marshal as Abacha wanted to appoint himself to)

TRIGITIS:

Oga, a converted short service officer can get to major general. The army has female Maj generals, the navy also has femal admirals while the air force also has female vice marshals. The question now is, are these females graduates of NDA? Is it not recently NDA start taking females to pass through the four yrs in NDA?

I'm sure you know these females joined through short service, but what you don't know is that they later converted.

I repeat, a converted short service officer has exactly same status as his NDA counterparts.

Pls are you telling me these ones joined as NDA graduates?
Re: Ikechukwu Duke Ashiedu Inducted Into The U.S. Navy (Photos) by greenek: 7:11pm On Sep 15, 2019
AntiBalaka:

Try to read wide and be subject to correction.

Check this link out https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ishaya_Bamaiyi

The man entered through ssc and became coas
Re: Ikechukwu Duke Ashiedu Inducted Into The U.S. Navy (Photos) by TRIGITIS: 7:13pm On Sep 15, 2019
soojar:
Brigadier General is the highest you can get to in the Army if you joined through short service.

You are right though, a graduate of NDA starts as a second Lt. same which is given to a graduate convert. But their rate of promotion is not the same. Also, a short service retires on Brig. General (1 star) while the NDA graduate is the only one that can get to Lt. Gen which is above a major Gen. (well, except you overthrow the govt, and become the president even as a mere Major you can make yourself a full general or even a field marshal as Abacha wanted to appoint himself to)

Did those female officers join the military as regular officers?

I mean the maj gen and rear admiral whose pics are attached to this comment you just quoted.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Aliyu Giwa: People Look At Me With Disgust When I Queue Up For BRT / 10 Jobs That Makes It Difficult For Men To Intimately Satisfy Their Wives / 7 Reasons Why You Should Avoid Loan Apps (Sharks) In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.