Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,842 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:55 PM

Fan Asks Davido To Write His Songs By Himself, He Replies - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Fan Asks Davido To Write His Songs By Himself, He Replies (60901 Views)

Uriel Oputa, Why Are You Not Married? - Fan Asks BBNaija Star, She Reacts / Davido Speaks On His Private Jet: Fan Asks "Where Is Air OBO, It's A Month Now" / "Niyola Where Is Your Breast?" Fan Asks; Singer Replies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fan Asks Davido To Write His Songs By Himself, He Replies by jesicajonna(m): 7:50am On Sep 15, 2019
Nigga should mind there own business

but meanwhile dm or whatsapp +2347059654911 for your cheap Shenghen visa ,UK visa ,UAE Employment,business and Tourist visa and we also arrange 100% legit traveling documents for any country..we only accept visa fee and document fee [color=#006600][/color
Re: Fan Asks Davido To Write His Songs By Himself, He Replies by Cuntface: 7:53am On Sep 15, 2019
Awol1:
There are four persons that have had 100 entries on the Billboard Hot 100:-

Elvis Presley
Lil Wayne
Drake, and
Nicki Minaj.

Now, it is on record that Elvis Presley did not write any of his songs. All songs were written for him.

Gifts are different. Each of us with our own different gift.

Just Davido said, maybe other artists need to be more forthcoming with the truth.

In America, songwriters are given their full credits and are even included in Grammy nomination.

So, the illiterate ranter should shut the fvck up

You get sense bro. No mind those haters
Re: Fan Asks Davido To Write His Songs By Himself, He Replies by modik(m): 7:56am On Sep 15, 2019
whatmoreng:
Mehn Davido is a nice guy anytime. Always saying the truth, he has integrity unlike one oga at the top.

You mean if I say Lie, you say Lai na you Sabi?
Re: Fan Asks Davido To Write His Songs By Himself, He Replies by uchennamani(m): 8:07am On Sep 15, 2019
Best thing I have read this morning. Thumb up bro.

Awol1:

Elvis Presley
Lil Wayne
Drake, and
Nicki Minaj.

Now, it is on record that Elvis Presley did not write any of his songs. All songs were written for him.

Just Davido said, maybe other artists need to be more forthcoming with the truth.

In America, songwriters are given their full credits and are even included in Grammy nomination.

Re: Fan Asks Davido To Write His Songs By Himself, He Replies by pwansunriseteam: 8:08am On Sep 15, 2019
Song writers are not easy to come by they are the one the god of music have blessed with lyrics which comes as an inspiration so a music artist who understand music business will not waste his or her tome cracking an empty head to write song rather will employ a song writer or buy one. Davido's understand music business well and that is why he is up there .

1 Like

Re: Fan Asks Davido To Write His Songs By Himself, He Replies by udemzyudex(m): 8:11am On Sep 15, 2019
I can bet my left a$$ cheesy Olamide didn't write all his songs.

The guy just dey drop songs anyhow, na only him dey talented? Nothing like writers block?

1 Like

Re: Fan Asks Davido To Write His Songs By Himself, He Replies by pwansunriseteam: 8:11am On Sep 15, 2019
davillian:
It was a handler that replied and not davido...
Are you Davido, I heard he is on Nairaland. OBO are you hiding behind this monicker.

1 Like

Re: Fan Asks Davido To Write His Songs By Himself, He Replies by udemzyudex(m): 8:15am On Sep 15, 2019
27Pushing30:

Maybe ab-initio Davido did not give the writers their credits (on the album) . Maybe

Cos artistes can even be sued by writers/contributors for not giving them their credits on a song (for Western world o not here, in Naija they only rant on HipTv or are belittled like black face)

It's always base on agreement, do you know the agreement between the writer and the artist?
Re: Fan Asks Davido To Write His Songs By Himself, He Replies by renewable1(m): 8:15am On Sep 15, 2019
This is laughable.. Haters

Do you need a 1kva solar system? See our promo

CHECK MY SIGNATURE NOW
Re: Fan Asks Davido To Write His Songs By Himself, He Replies by Nobody: 8:16am On Sep 15, 2019
No biggie!

You are not alone" was a global hit written by r.kelly for micheal jackson, et.al......
Re: Fan Asks Davido To Write His Songs By Himself, He Replies by alexvatt(m): 8:17am On Sep 15, 2019
Everyone has a 'calling'. A good song writer cannot be a good musician, also a good musician cannot be a good song writer. If u want to go far in the music industry. U must have a song writer, a manager, perfectionist, media manager. etc. The reason Davido and Wizkid are doing well is because they employ great people to work for them. Most musicians don't know these secrets. Great response from Davido.

2 Likes

Re: Fan Asks Davido To Write His Songs By Himself, He Replies by martowskin1(m): 8:19am On Sep 15, 2019
Sheriman:
Even Michael Jackson bought some of his Songs during his Life Time.. Let us try to be Civilized in Nigeria..

We can never be civilised... Is not possible....
Re: Fan Asks Davido To Write His Songs By Himself, He Replies by GentlePEACE: 8:24am On Sep 15, 2019
helinues:
No be Davido replied this jor..

Has he grown up like this, If yes, that's maturity from him
I feel it was Chioma that helped in replying those guys. Look at the tone of the text, sounds feminine.

2 Likes

Re: Fan Asks Davido To Write His Songs By Himself, He Replies by alexvatt(m): 8:29am On Sep 15, 2019
skukimania:
David has really changed ooo. He didn't insult this time around even when he clearly has good reasons to. Why call him ode?
He is a matured guy, the reason he is up there.
Re: Fan Asks Davido To Write His Songs By Himself, He Replies by Shezkid: 8:30am On Sep 15, 2019
abdulkayus:

Habaaaaa, easy with the lie na, Wizkid only wrote his own part not the entire song.

Make research before typing Ehh.. Wizkid was recognized and got an award...
FYI tekno also writes for Drake

Re: Fan Asks Davido To Write His Songs By Himself, He Replies by zedman1(m): 8:35am On Sep 15, 2019
rentAcock:
Most musicians have song writers it's just the nature of the game. But I do wonder why the song writers don't just sing the songs they write and seek out sponsors to promote it. Ed Sheeran used to write songs for Tailor swift, Justin Bieber, One Direction, Hilary Duff and many others until he started singing his own songs. His song "Shape of You" is easily one of the highest watched videos on YouTube, and most of his songs top billboards worldwide
Writing is one talent and so is singing but in different perspectives. Advocating for song writers to entirely own their songs by singing them may not always be a success story. A clear example is that of Blackface( a talented writer to those who know him) and 2face (a good singer). Obviously, Blackface's "African Queen" doesn't measure up to 2face's version- same song, same lyrics.. And many other examples. Though some artists combine the both talents, like Ed Sheeran you mentioned, the late OJB Jezreel etc.
To the main topic, that fan doesn't know much about music, even great artists like MJ and R. Kelly had song writers.

1 Like

Re: Fan Asks Davido To Write His Songs By Himself, He Replies by Igetmyown247: 8:51am On Sep 15, 2019
Awol1:

Elvis Presley
Lil Wayne
Drake, and
Nicki Minaj.

I hope you’re not implying that Nicki has writers.. Nicki has been writing her music for years. She even write for other people like Kanye, young Thug, etc. Thats why these newbies ain’t touching her pen game. No female rapper can do it like her, her talent is unmatched.

2 Likes

Re: Fan Asks Davido To Write His Songs By Himself, He Replies by OgogoroFreak(m): 8:53am On Sep 15, 2019
Who cares about who wrote song? Make song sweet make we jam am that's all!

1 Like

Re: Fan Asks Davido To Write His Songs By Himself, He Replies by Igetmyown247: 8:56am On Sep 15, 2019
alexvatt:
Everyone has a 'calling'. A good song writer cannot be a good musician, also a good musician cannot be a good song writer. If u want to go far in the music industry. U must have a song writer, a manager, perfectionist, media manager. etc. The reason Davido and Wizkid are doing well is because they employ great people to work for them. Most musicians don't know these secrets. Great response from Davido.

Excluding rappers like Nicki Minaj. She writes her songs and is the first rapper to win 43 BMI Awards for song writing.
Re: Fan Asks Davido To Write His Songs By Himself, He Replies by NaijaDonCast(m): 8:56am On Sep 15, 2019
Davido of old would have just end the guy career and then goan to tell you the richkid he is an has 100bodyguards protectin him
Re: Fan Asks Davido To Write His Songs By Himself, He Replies by NaijaDonCast(m): 9:02am On Sep 15, 2019
Are you telling us you've never heard of a good song writer and a good musician xteristics embedded in one person b4?
alexvatt:
Re: Fan Asks Davido To Write His Songs By Himself, He Replies by alexvatt(m): 9:07am On Sep 15, 2019
Igetmyown247:

Excluding rappers like Nicki Minaj. She writes her songs and is the first rapper to win 43 BMI Awards for song writing.
She does'nt write all her songs. Song writers write for her. Stop being ignorant. Ignorancy is a killer decease.
Re: Fan Asks Davido To Write His Songs By Himself, He Replies by tayebest(m): 9:18am On Sep 15, 2019
exstreve:
LIKE FOR DAVIDO, the international hit artiste, SHARE for Wizkid, the kolobi werey artiste

Re: Fan Asks Davido To Write His Songs By Himself, He Replies by shogsman(m): 9:21am On Sep 15, 2019
So this means I can become a music star without any musical talents, just buy songs and mime then jump on and off the stage
Re: Fan Asks Davido To Write His Songs By Himself, He Replies by chiboy1116: 9:28am On Sep 15, 2019
rentAcock:
Most musicians have song writers it's just the nature of the game. But I do wonder why the song writers don't just sing the songs they write and seek out sponsors to promote it. Ed Sheeran used to write songs for Tailor swift, Justin Bieber, One Direction, Hilary Duff and many others until he started singing his own songs. His song "Shape of You" is easily one of the highest watched videos on YouTube, and most of his songs top billboards worldwide
I don't think ed writes songs for one direction , they had a really really good song writer in Harry styles and Zayn , infact most of the crew were good song writers . Maybe we wrote for them sha , but I don't think so .

PS ed is a really good song writer , Sia wrote diamonds for Rihanna and many other songs for her , Beyonce , Adele etc .

1 Like

Re: Fan Asks Davido To Write His Songs By Himself, He Replies by Nobody: 9:47am On Sep 15, 2019
Sheriman:
Even Michael Jackson bought some of his Songs during his Life Time.. Let us try to be Civilized in Nigeria..
Davido is greater than Michael Jackson.
Re: Fan Asks Davido To Write His Songs By Himself, He Replies by alexvatt(m): 10:08am On Sep 15, 2019
shogsman:
So this means I can become a music star without any musical talents, just buy songs and mime then jump on and off the stage
No no no. U must have a singing talent. Good song writers are not good singers.
Re: Fan Asks Davido To Write His Songs By Himself, He Replies by SKGtalkof9jaboi: 10:27am On Sep 15, 2019
Blackface wrote - 2face African queen
OJB wrote - 2face right here and if love is a crime
Odogwu wrote - 2face I'm feeling you
But he's still one of the greatest artist we have so what's the problem if AG write a song for OBO...na we go still complain say we need song with meaningful lyrics but would still condemn someone when he tries to get one. Naija n badballe na 5&6.

1 Like

Re: Fan Asks Davido To Write His Songs By Himself, He Replies by SKGtalkof9jaboi: 10:29am On Sep 15, 2019
shogsman:
Oga ..composing a song and the rendition is different from writing the lyrics.
Re: Fan Asks Davido To Write His Songs By Himself, He Replies by Wiifesnatcher(m): 10:53am On Sep 15, 2019
AverageAnnie:
This is how mature and decent u get to be when you get yourself an Igbo Chic, lol...

maybe we should get acquainted outta here so that I'll be behaving like Davido

I know you're priceless. where do I Start from?
Re: Fan Asks Davido To Write His Songs By Himself, He Replies by Nobody: 11:05am On Sep 15, 2019
Even R Kelly wrote song for legendary Michael Jackson.
Re: Fan Asks Davido To Write His Songs By Himself, He Replies by Manweysabi(m): 11:23am On Sep 15, 2019
I like Davido... He gives songwriters opportunity and he pays them well.

Wisdom is profitable...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Wizkid's First Son, Boluwatife Balogun Bonding With His Mother, Shola Ogudu / Chika Ike Shares Underwear Photo / Teebillz: Tiwa Savage Is My Wife, Not My Baby Mama

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.