Stats: 3,155,654 members, 7,827,419 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 11:42 AM

Gas Explosion Kills A Lady In Owerri, Injures Her Kids (Graphic Photos) - Health (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Gas Explosion Kills A Lady In Owerri, Injures Her Kids (Graphic Photos) (49057 Views)

Kerosene Explosion Kills One-Year-Old Girl In Anambra (Photos) / Kerosene Explosion Kills Four Family Members In Calabar / Gas Explosion Kills Lady 'Operating Her Phone While Cooking With Gas' In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

Re: Gas Explosion Kills A Lady In Owerri, Injures Her Kids (Graphic Photos) by Bouncingbabyboy(m): 9:05pm On Sep 15, 2019
FromZeroToHero:
you can as well avoid entering aircraft and vehicles.
gas cylinder na bomb for house....allow me de use my electric stove
Re: Gas Explosion Kills A Lady In Owerri, Injures Her Kids (Graphic Photos) by Architectsly: 9:31pm On Sep 15, 2019
brushesz:

*Expired gas cylinder
*Burner is directly fixed on the cylinder smiley[color=#990000][/color]
*Keeping cylinder indoor

What do u mean by burner is directly to d cylinder
Re: Gas Explosion Kills A Lady In Owerri, Injures Her Kids (Graphic Photos) by RealGOAT: 9:35pm On Sep 15, 2019
I was using cooking gas from the time I was a bachelor till when I got married but I stopped using it when my son was 3 year old till now.
I have two children both males btw d ages off 3-5, so I can't risk my family life using gas bcus this children controls everything in the house from the electronics to my locked mobile phone.
I don't know how they learn all this most especially decoding my pin or swipe phone lock.
I decided to avoid using gas for now till they are old enough bcus they must tamper with it.

Re: Gas Explosion Kills A Lady In Owerri, Injures Her Kids (Graphic Photos) by LINTUNE(m): 9:55pm On Sep 15, 2019
This is sad... Well i want to thank God, cos 2 yrs ago, something worse would have happebed to me, perhaps i might not have been alive to tell the story.... It happened like this. I was cooking in the kitchen with a gas cooker, then, then the water in the buckets finished, normally we do keep a keg of water close to the bathroom nincase such happen,i toom a keg thinking it was filled with water and started pouring it inside the kitchen bucket, very close to the gas, only to discover that it was fuel, i got so scared. Well god gave me the courage not tp panic, so i carefully took the fuel and bucket to the bathroom, cos its a self contain,... I never knew my roommate kept a keg of fuel there... Each time i remember that day, i marvel at the mercy of God. Cos i dont know how the devil prevented me from perceiving the usual smell of fuel...the.fuel was so closed to the burning gas,cos the kitchen is so tiny, that even now, im so surprised that the gas cylinder didn't explode.. God i know im a sinner, but ill always praise and worship u, for sparing my life, that day smiley

Re: Gas Explosion Kills A Lady In Owerri, Injures Her Kids (Graphic Photos) by brushesz: 10:05pm On Sep 15, 2019
Architectsly:

What do u mean by burner is directly to d cylinder

See below burner fixed on cylinder

Re: Gas Explosion Kills A Lady In Owerri, Injures Her Kids (Graphic Photos) by nicepoker101(m): 10:16pm On Sep 15, 2019
Mutemenot:

I'm a man like you bro. Women aren't good enough in some technical work at home such as checking the gas pipe and the connecting links . So let us visit the kitchen n see how safe our cooking gas is
Show her. Teach her some simple technical stuffs. What if work takes you away from home for some weeks, what will happen then?
Re: Gas Explosion Kills A Lady In Owerri, Injures Her Kids (Graphic Photos) by Jabioro: 10:57pm On Sep 15, 2019
bestpunterever:
can you explain what you just typed here?
when you on it down..you must not mistakingly on it down
Some don't know how to on gas,they on the tap before ingnite,or some in cause of chatting forget to ingnite meanwhile it is on, circulating, saturating and next available spark would cause explosion.. Children must not be are allowed to play around they can in cause of eagerness on and unknown to the parent...
Re: Gas Explosion Kills A Lady In Owerri, Injures Her Kids (Graphic Photos) by Nobody: 11:00pm On Sep 15, 2019
lacidi:

There is no empirical scientific evidence that cell phones cause gas explosions. It's only in Nigeria we hear this kind of stuff.

There's no point dragging shit with u guys
Re: Gas Explosion Kills A Lady In Owerri, Injures Her Kids (Graphic Photos) by Nobody: 11:05pm On Sep 15, 2019
wittyt98:
oversabi kee u there idiot. i pray u experience such one day so you'll understand shit happens and no one's above mistake

u stupid af y'all need to be schooled on this gas thingy.
Re: Gas Explosion Kills A Lady In Owerri, Injures Her Kids (Graphic Photos) by blackmanothysef: 11:07pm On Sep 15, 2019
ubee:

Keep shut you fake news monger. Nobody, no flow station, no cooking gas agent, no depot in this country or in the world produces odourless propane(cooking gas)
It's not done, it's not possible. Fake news peddler.
You're very stupid! u slowpoke! who are u telling to shut up, do u know me or my qualifications/profession? Ignorant indomie generation insulting people u shld be learning from. Go to any gas station n ask if there's odorless gas or not, compound foool like u! I'm a certified safety officer working with an emergency response coy in lagos, so i know what i'm talking about. Anything goes in this country, regulating bodies don't do their work, nobody cares. When an accident happens, no proper investigations to forestall a re-occurence, everybody just thank God its not their portion The reports we write & recommendations we make are not acted on.

Re: Gas Explosion Kills A Lady In Owerri, Injures Her Kids (Graphic Photos) by Coolgent(m): 11:15pm On Sep 15, 2019
2sexycom:

My mother refused to use gas all. Through her life, especially when she saw what happened to a sales boy at the house we stayed in Lagos decades ago.

But na Gas I dey use now aha.

Once I smell anything, I don't go check, most times it's always from my neighbours. I was the same person that saved their house from getting burned while they left their gas on and went to church on a Sunday like this... My nose is too sensitive and alert

2 years ago my Wife left gas cooker on (flame) for about 5hours, we were in hurry that she forgot to turn it off after removing kettle, God so kind nothing happened.
Ever since then we took extra precautions to avoid future occurrences.

NB; fix smoke/Gas detector in your kitchen, it help.

Re: Gas Explosion Kills A Lady In Owerri, Injures Her Kids (Graphic Photos) by blackmanothysef: 11:17pm On Sep 15, 2019
chigoziri2403:
what is the odour of gas
Turn ur gas on, if u can't perceive any smell, be very afraid.
Re: Gas Explosion Kills A Lady In Owerri, Injures Her Kids (Graphic Photos) by Nobody: 12:40am On Sep 16, 2019
ihitenansa:
We grew up criticising nne for always using firewood and kerosene stoves (sparingly) to cook.. Esp after we visit classmates and family friends homes and see their 'sweet smelling' gascookers. To the extent that when Paterson zochonis,a Greek company that my dad distributes for gives us yearly gifts,nne keeps other electronics but auctions off the gascookers among them..

Fastfoward years later,...am married with kids...guess what? We don't use gascookers in the house,...not after what I experienced sometime in 2003,...

Modified# For those that have been quoting to knw how i do it..I have a very solid earthen kiln constructed for me and several metal structures that make use of saw dusts and coals..they can stand any type of gas or electric cookers.. I also have kerosene stoves ,but they are rarely used in my house....and of course I have giant tripods that use firewoods for large scale party cookings

That saw dust fuel is the real deal. More of a furnace.
Re: Gas Explosion Kills A Lady In Owerri, Injures Her Kids (Graphic Photos) by Lokoyen(m): 1:04am On Sep 16, 2019
lacidi:

There is no empirical scientific evidence that cell phones cause gas explosions. It's only in Nigeria we hear this kind of stuff.

Lol u dey mind am!
Re: Gas Explosion Kills A Lady In Owerri, Injures Her Kids (Graphic Photos) by chigoziri2403(m): 5:14am On Sep 16, 2019
blackmanothysef:

Turn ur gas on, if u can't perceive any smell, be very afraid.
afraid of?
Re: Gas Explosion Kills A Lady In Owerri, Injures Her Kids (Graphic Photos) by wittyt98(m): 9:32am On Sep 16, 2019
zimdante:

You are a terrible person, you pray he experience such God don't answer such prayer.
ok.
Re: Gas Explosion Kills A Lady In Owerri, Injures Her Kids (Graphic Photos) by wittyt98(m): 9:33am On Sep 16, 2019
campbell118:

u stupid af y'all need to be schooled on this gas thingy.
oh please shut the fûck up. mr gas expert. fucking idiot
Re: Gas Explosion Kills A Lady In Owerri, Injures Her Kids (Graphic Photos) by EbonyCy(f): 10:28am On Sep 16, 2019
Report reaching us this morning is that the little boy is dead...only the girl left
Re: Gas Explosion Kills A Lady In Owerri, Injures Her Kids (Graphic Photos) by luluosas(m): 11:08am On Sep 16, 2019
What a tragedy. My condolences to the bereaved family
Re: Gas Explosion Kills A Lady In Owerri, Injures Her Kids (Graphic Photos) by Nobody: 1:50pm On Sep 16, 2019
wittyt98:
oh please shut the fûck up. mr gas expert. fucking idiot

go f urself,silence is best...
Re: Gas Explosion Kills A Lady In Owerri, Injures Her Kids (Graphic Photos) by wittyt98(m): 4:50pm On Sep 16, 2019
campbell118:

go f urself,silence is best...
yea just be quiet nd fûck off man
Re: Gas Explosion Kills A Lady In Owerri, Injures Her Kids (Graphic Photos) by wittyt98(m): 4:53pm On Sep 16, 2019
EbonyCy:
Report reaching us this morning is that the little boy is dead...only the girl left
damn! so tragic

Re: Gas Explosion Kills A Lady In Owerri, Injures Her Kids (Graphic Photos) by blackmanothysef: 6:26pm On Sep 16, 2019
chigoziri2403:
afraid of?
Explosion (in case of leakage, u can't detect)! Always tell ur gas retailer u don't want odorless gas, buy gas with odor/smell.

Jide Smith-Aruba Reveals He's HIV Positive On Facebook / Son Strikes A Pose With His Mad Father. Would You Do The Same? / Side Effects Of AC (air Conditioner): We Should Watch Out For