Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,072 members, 7,818,201 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:14 AM

Gas Explosion Kills A Lady In Owerri, Injures Her Kids (Graphic Photos) - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Gas Explosion Kills A Lady In Owerri, Injures Her Kids (Graphic Photos) (49041 Views)

Kerosene Explosion Kills One-Year-Old Girl In Anambra (Photos) / Kerosene Explosion Kills Four Family Members In Calabar / Gas Explosion Kills Lady 'Operating Her Phone While Cooking With Gas' In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gas Explosion Kills A Lady In Owerri, Injures Her Kids (Graphic Photos) by freemi(m): 4:00pm On Sep 15, 2019
shogsman:

imagine so you think you're trying to play safe ahn,while you're at it avoid cars,planes,motorcycles ,stoves,and just about everything in the world too because it doesn't matter cos everything kills.
avoid d ones u can n leave d rest to God. I can't see stove that hardly explodes n use gas. For wat??
Re: Gas Explosion Kills A Lady In Owerri, Injures Her Kids (Graphic Photos) by notoriousbabe: 4:01pm On Sep 15, 2019
Angel246:
Are you okay?
Very useless country
Re: Gas Explosion Kills A Lady In Owerri, Injures Her Kids (Graphic Photos) by joseph1832(m): 4:05pm On Sep 15, 2019
ihitenansa:
We grew up criticising nne for always using firewood and kerosene stoves (sparingly) to cook.. Esp after we visit classmates and family friends homes and see their 'sweet smelling' gascookers. To the extent that when Paterson zochonis,a Greek company that my dad distributes for gives us yearly gifts,nne keeps other electronics but auctions off the gascookers among them..

Fastfoward years later,...am married with kids...guess what? We don't use gascookers in the house,...not after what I experienced sometime in 2003,...
what you experienced was as a result of human negligence, not gas.
Re: Gas Explosion Kills A Lady In Owerri, Injures Her Kids (Graphic Photos) by shogsman(m): 4:06pm On Sep 15, 2019
freemi:
avoid d ones u can n leave d rest to God. I can't see stove that hardly explodes n use gas. For wat??

i've seen a candle burn down a whole buiding ,and I've almost gone blind while trying to set up a stove and I've seen a gas explosion inside a building I live.so believe me when I say this nothing is safe you just have to be careful
Re: Gas Explosion Kills A Lady In Owerri, Injures Her Kids (Graphic Photos) by dominique(f): 4:09pm On Sep 15, 2019
Kendumazy:
Chai! As sweet and fast gas is. The explosion is just scary. Most explosion are caused mostly by human carelessness acts. I have cautioned a lady times without numbers that's fond of taking her phone while on call to the kitchen while the gas cooker is on.

No correlation between gas explosion and usage of phones. Explosion occurs when undetected leakage meets with naked flame
Re: Gas Explosion Kills A Lady In Owerri, Injures Her Kids (Graphic Photos) by juman(m): 4:09pm On Sep 15, 2019
notoriousbabe:
Very useless country
Re: Gas Explosion Kills A Lady In Owerri, Injures Her Kids (Graphic Photos) by Nobody: 4:10pm On Sep 15, 2019
33komkom:

Are you asking the dead Lady or who?
leave that one jare, mk him continue dy speak swahil
Re: Gas Explosion Kills A Lady In Owerri, Injures Her Kids (Graphic Photos) by Nobody: 4:12pm On Sep 15, 2019
mulante:
I have read through several comments here with some advising against using gas cookers as if kerosene stoves do not explode as well.

The first comment should have clearly stated this warning and I think this should also be imprinted on every gas cooker and canister:

DO NOT PLACE YOUR GAS CAN INSIDE THE HOUSE.

It's like keeping a live bomb inside your living space. Avoid camp gas as much as you can as well.

Secondly,

ALWAYS AERATE YOUR KITCHEN WHENEVER YOU SUSPECT GAS LEAKAGE

No. 2 is important but No. 1 is importanter.

I hope this message saves a life.
Interesting! Some of my neighbors have their cylinder right inside the kitchen where the gas cooker is. I have told them how dangerous it is, but they won't hear.
Re: Gas Explosion Kills A Lady In Owerri, Injures Her Kids (Graphic Photos) by Nobody: 4:14pm On Sep 15, 2019
notoriousbabe:
Very useless country
wetin concern Nigeria and the topic now.... na wa o.... na people like u dy cause katakata for this nation because u don't knw wen to think
Re: Gas Explosion Kills A Lady In Owerri, Injures Her Kids (Graphic Photos) by Godsage(m): 4:16pm On Sep 15, 2019
ihitenansa:
We grew up criticising nne for always using firewood and kerosene stoves (sparingly) to cook.. Esp after we visit classmates and family friends homes and see their 'sweet smelling' gascookers. To the extent that when Paterson zochonis,a Greek company that my dad distributes for gives us yearly gifts,nne keeps other electronics but auctions off the gascookers among them..

Fastfoward years later,...am married with kids...guess what? We don't use gascookers in the house,...not after what I experienced sometime in 2003,...
Like saying the solution to a car accident is to trek with leg.. Gas explosions can be avoided if the cylinders are changed when due and kept outta hot region undecided

1 Like

Re: Gas Explosion Kills A Lady In Owerri, Injures Her Kids (Graphic Photos) by wickedtuna: 4:22pm On Sep 15, 2019
JasonScoolari:
"LIFE"

Life is just like a FLOWER, today it's HERE, tomorrow it's GONE.... It's indeed the master of disguise.

A beautiful mother who had plans for her kids, herself and her tomorrow....

I ask again, what is the essence of bringing us into this world when He knows we will all die?

Mtchewww, Rest peacefully beautiful woman and I pray for the little ones you left behind fighting for their young lives.
call it cruelty, you may be right but if things were right in the country would anyone still be picking up their cylinders to go refill and endangering their lives in the process? Life is cruel yes it is but death isn't the enemy.
Re: Gas Explosion Kills A Lady In Owerri, Injures Her Kids (Graphic Photos) by missCAPS: 4:23pm On Sep 15, 2019
ihitenansa:

My dad experience an automobile accident in the 1980s... Over the years, he had other automobiles but was more careful.

Way forward dear.
Re: Gas Explosion Kills A Lady In Owerri, Injures Her Kids (Graphic Photos) by iammiracle1(m): 4:23pm On Sep 15, 2019
Kendumazy:
Chai! As sweet and fast gas is. The explosion is just scary. Most explosion are caused mostly by human carelessness acts. I have cautioned a lady times without numbers that's fond of taking her phone while on call to the kitchen while the gas cooker is on.

Pls what of if the gas is outside? Is it still not safe to make call? What of if no call but using the torch and playing jams?
Re: Gas Explosion Kills A Lady In Owerri, Injures Her Kids (Graphic Photos) by Nobody: 4:24pm On Sep 15, 2019
Re: Gas Explosion Kills A Lady In Owerri, Injures Her Kids (Graphic Photos) by blackmanothysef: 4:26pm On Sep 15, 2019
chigoziri2403:
What really causes gas cylinders to explode
Its usually a result of buying odorless gas! When there's leakage u cannot detect/know as it's odorless, and any ignition result in explosion! STOP BUYING ODORLESS GAS! Spread d word pls.

2 Likes

Re: Gas Explosion Kills A Lady In Owerri, Injures Her Kids (Graphic Photos) by ifyluxx: 4:27pm On Sep 15, 2019
lacidi:

There is no empirical scientific evidence that cell phones cause gas explosions. It's only in Nigeria we hear this kind of stuff.
the same reason u are warned not to make or received call at a filling station,don't allow scientists to use you as a case study for am empirical evidence

1 Like

Re: Gas Explosion Kills A Lady In Owerri, Injures Her Kids (Graphic Photos) by notoriousbabe: 4:27pm On Sep 15, 2019
Mosesotu123:
wetin concern Nigeria and the topic now.... na wa o.... na people like u dy cause katakata for this nation because u don't knw wen to think
Very useless country
Re: Gas Explosion Kills A Lady In Owerri, Injures Her Kids (Graphic Photos) by okogbemyk(m): 4:27pm On Sep 15, 2019
Is that the best approach to keep a fire / Burnt victims on the bed with Nylon.....wow isn't that cruel.
Re: Gas Explosion Kills A Lady In Owerri, Injures Her Kids (Graphic Photos) by obembet(f): 4:28pm On Sep 15, 2019
brushesz:

*Expired gas cylinder
*Burner is directly fixed on the cylinder
*Keeping cylinder indoor

Please how do u know when cylinder has expired?

Is it wrong to out burner on the cylinder directly?

People that are using small cylinder usually keepnit at home
Re: Gas Explosion Kills A Lady In Owerri, Injures Her Kids (Graphic Photos) by jkendy(m): 4:30pm On Sep 15, 2019
mamajj17:

Dem Papa dey with me
Like seriously BTW, looking 9ice in your German jacket grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Gas Explosion Kills A Lady In Owerri, Injures Her Kids (Graphic Photos) by tete7000(m): 4:31pm On Sep 15, 2019
Can't forget an incidence that happened to me so quickly. I left something cooking on fire from 9pm in the night to 5am in the morning. I was all alone in the house and actually thought I turned off the gas only to wake up in the morning to the sound of burning gas coming from the kitchen. I realized the gas has been burning unattended to for good 7hours, everything on fire including the entire bottom of the cooking pot and the cover has been burnt off while I slept off in the room. The fact that it is another man's house(a rented apartment), got me even more scared. But thanks to God, nothing tragic happened. Till tomorrow the whole thing is a miracle to me. We need to cautious with the way we handle gas cookers, they look so good, cook so fast and clean but remain a potential source of hazard. May the departed woman rest in peace and may her children recover from their injuries.

4 Likes

Re: Gas Explosion Kills A Lady In Owerri, Injures Her Kids (Graphic Photos) by mascotafltd: 4:39pm On Sep 15, 2019
May God accept her soul and console the families.
Re: Gas Explosion Kills A Lady In Owerri, Injures Her Kids (Graphic Photos) by oneclickng: 4:39pm On Sep 15, 2019
Bouncingbabyboy:
God knows I can never user gas in my house
which one do you use?
Re: Gas Explosion Kills A Lady In Owerri, Injures Her Kids (Graphic Photos) by Reucy(f): 4:40pm On Sep 15, 2019
Even as a single young lady, I don't use gas. Have once had an ugly experience which made me vow never to use it.

Just call me ancient, I don't care.
Re: Gas Explosion Kills A Lady In Owerri, Injures Her Kids (Graphic Photos) by mamajj17(f): 4:40pm On Sep 15, 2019
jkendy:
Like seriously
BTW, looking 9ice in your German jacket
grin grin grin

Thanks my dear grin

1 Like

Re: Gas Explosion Kills A Lady In Owerri, Injures Her Kids (Graphic Photos) by Justbeingreal(m): 4:42pm On Sep 15, 2019
JasonScoolari:
"LIFE"

Life is just like a FLOWER, today it's HERE, tomorrow it's GONE.... It's indeed the master of disguise.

I ask again, what is the essence of bringing us into this world when He knows we will all die?

Mtchewww, Rest peacefully beautiful woman and I pray for the little ones you left behind fighting for their young lives.
Painful shi life sometimes got no meaningful meaning mehn.
Re: Gas Explosion Kills A Lady In Owerri, Injures Her Kids (Graphic Photos) by fortune1968: 4:42pm On Sep 15, 2019
Bouncingbabyboy:
God knows I can never user gas in my house
We have same mind . My children had disturbed me over it .I just refused to buy it . Meanwhile, I had observed that they are very careless .

2 Likes

Re: Gas Explosion Kills A Lady In Owerri, Injures Her Kids (Graphic Photos) by Bouncingbabyboy(m): 4:42pm On Sep 15, 2019
oneclickng:

which one do you use?
electric stove
Re: Gas Explosion Kills A Lady In Owerri, Injures Her Kids (Graphic Photos) by teadrake(m): 4:42pm On Sep 15, 2019
JasonScoolari:
"LIFE"

We're not in this world to enjoy anything because there's absolutely nothing to enjoy.
Who knows what will happen tomorrow or the next. The best thing is to live right and be nice,at least one will die knowing you helped or contribute something to someone's life.
Las las no one is leaving this planet alive.
Re: Gas Explosion Kills A Lady In Owerri, Injures Her Kids (Graphic Photos) by jkendy(m): 4:45pm On Sep 15, 2019
mamajj17:

Thanks my dear grin
Always welcome

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Son Strikes A Pose With His Mad Father. Would You Do The Same? / Cryptic Pregnancy: Doctor Abah Ehi Peter Shares Worrisome Tale Of Pregnancy Scam / Baby Born In Makurdi With Rare Condition, Parents Want To Throw It Away (Graphic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.