Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,009 members, 7,817,976 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:56 AM

"The Bite" A Story By Nightcrawler123 - Literature (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / "The Bite" A Story By Nightcrawler123 (18775 Views)

When Hell Overflows. Story By Ufuoma Seunnla / A Lonely Heart (A Story) / "No Pleasure For Dead Girls" A Story By Mancrimes.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Bite" A Story By Nightcrawler123 by classicpeezy(m): 11:29am On Nov 27, 2019
And here comes another torturous wait... OP would do well by updating on time and not keep us in such terrifying suspense. The work is amazingly scintillating.
Re: "The Bite" A Story By Nightcrawler123 by nightcrawler123: 6:10pm On Dec 03, 2019
so sorry for the delay guys, my phone is having some issues... i'll try my best and upload for you guys.... please bear with me....
Re: "The Bite" A Story By Nightcrawler123 by nightcrawler123: 6:23pm On Dec 03, 2019
Continuation

"Scent?"

Derek's eyes flashed back to mine. Still glass with the memory, but more in tune with the conversation. "Vampires are a bit like wolves in that sense. We catch a scent, a whiff, of our mate's blood. With wolves, the scent is all it takes for the beast to recognize their mate, whereas for us it's in their blood. Once you taste their blood, you know. It will be a taste that is forever tattooed in my memory."

"So did you just waltz up to him and ask if you could sample an artery?" I teased.

Derek laughed lowly and shook his head. "No, I had to find him first. It was Dublin on St. Patrick's Day, there were thousands and thousands of people out there that day. God it was the most awful thing. I remember feeling at one point that I wouldn't ever Iind him. I would follow the trail, but then it would be gone and only to pick up again faintly in a completely different direction."

"So what did you do?"

"Well, I kept following it and tried to Iigure out if there was a pattern. Eventually, I realized that whoever he was with, well, they were all doing a pub crawl that day. After that I just went bar to bar, barely missing them until a bartender was able to give me a flyer with a list of all the bars they were going to. After that, it wasn't so hard, well it was because I had to wait for them. It was the longest twenty minutes of my life,

I kept thinking that they weren't going to show. That they were too drunk or decided to stay at a different bar."

"But then he walked in. He was wearing a green sweater and I immediately thought that he was the most beautiful creature I had ever laid eyes on. I was so nervous, so nervous that he was going to hate me."

Levi scoffed and Derek sent him a teasing growl. "Don't act like you were any different when you met your mate Levi."
Levi stiffened at Derek's words. He stiffened like a damn piece of glass that was about the break. I could feel the tension start to settle in and knew I had to do something quickly. "So, obviously, Elliot didn't hate you?"

Derek flashed his eyes that were fixed on Levi back to me. Concern faded and he nodded. "I was sitting in a booth and watched him go get a beer. He was waiting for it when he caught my scent. He walked over to me, looking at me like I was some kind of miracle. We both were wordless for the longest time. Neither of us knew what to say, I mean, what do you say when you meet your soulmate? 'Hey long time, glad you showed up?"'

I chuckled while chewing on the savory soup. Derek hit back a laugh then let out a sigh. "I bit into my wrist and squeeze a few drops into a shot glass and he did the samefWe had both agreed to take them at the same time."

"And?" I pressed.

"And it was like heaven. Like the world stopped. After that, well, we've been pretty much tied at the hip."

"Can I see a picture?"

"Course," Derek said proudly. He reached into his pocked and pulled out his iPhone and scrolled a bit before handing it to me.

The man was devilishly attractive. He was probably the best looking red head that I had seen. It was bright red, not orange, not fake, but bright natural red. In the picture, it looked like they were in a photo booth. Derek was laughing hard at something and Elliot was doing a monkey face. I laughed a bit at the sight, the fun they must have had to take such a picture.

"Can i?"

"Sure, I keep all the naked pictures somewhere else," Derek teased.
I felt my cheeks redden while Derek just chuckled lowly. Shaking my headl scrolled to the next picture. They were in the car taking a selfle. Derek was in the drivers seat with a chambray shirt and ray bans while Elliot, who took the photo, had his aviators pulled up on top of his head. He had bright green eyes and tons of freckles covering his white skin, a true redhead.

He had defined cheeks like Elliot, but there was something almost regal about him, like he had been born of aristocrats. He looked kind and fun. The shirt he was wearing said, 'I don't sparkle.‘ I laughed hard. The people who saw that had no idea about the irony of the situation.

"He looks wonderful," I said. "He is."

I handed Derek his phone back and took up my fork again. "So where is he?"

"He is doing research on bears a few hours north of here, he should be back in a few weeks."

"Research on bears?"

Derek laughed again and nodded. "Yes, he loved them as a child and grew up wanting to study and protect them. He works for a university right now as a professor and also does a lot of work with the conservation groups here. It's not really bears, Elliot's a bit of a nature conservationist, but mostly he studies and works with big game."

I put another bite of chili into my mouth before shamelessly scooping a second helping into my bowl. I was a growing girl, well, wolf I guess.

The full moon was only a week away and I knew that I still needed a lot of work before I was even close to ready. I stirred a bit at the thought. At the pain.

I tried to block it out and focus on something else between my bites.

Mates.

The whole concept was crazy.

The thought that I could be ordering Starbucks when a scent so strong it knocks me off my ass and causes me to instantly fall in crazy love with someone was about as far-fetched as it gets. That and the whole bond between them. I mean, human couples loved each other but mates seemed to really love each other. Like to the point that it was a little Christian Grey stalkerish or what I would like to call, 'run bitch run!‘ crazy.

I couldn't handle the thought of someone else having that sort of pull on me, ever. I just wanted to be free. I wanted to be free so I could live my on my own terms, without fear of it being taken away.

"Hey, Levi?" Levi gruffed in response.

"Will I have a mate?" If the logic was true, and all wolves had mates, then I would too-considering that I was about to sprout a tail and all.

"N0."
"Yes."

Both the men answered at the same time then flickered their eyes to each other. Levi gave Derek a sharp warning scowl while Derek's lips pulled into a sly smile. Levi let out a breath of frustration and stood up from the table, taking his bowl, and placing it in the sink before going to his room.

I looked over at Derek who was smiling to himself like he won some sort of small prize.

Either way, it didn't matter.

I wasn't going to let anyone ever have control over my life ever again. It was my life. Mine to live.

Hopefully in a week, that fate, that fate I crave so much, would be a reality.

1 Like

Re: "The Bite" A Story By Nightcrawler123 by nightcrawler123: 6:40pm On Dec 03, 2019
So sorry for the delay guys... Don't forget to comment
Re: "The Bite" A Story By Nightcrawler123 by Nuel45(m): 8:25pm On Dec 03, 2019
Great Story OP
Re: "The Bite" A Story By Nightcrawler123 by Ann2012(f): 10:02pm On Dec 03, 2019
I'm so loving this story
Well done OP
Re: "The Bite" A Story By Nightcrawler123 by nightcrawler123: 8:32am On Dec 04, 2019
CHAPTER SEVEN
EVE

The week flew by and frankly, I almost completely forgot about my impending doom.

I had grown significantly stronger thanks to the guys. Levi had me working harder than I think I had ever worked in my entire life. He always found a creative way to make things harder. Like swimming. Apparently, I was too good at swimming, so he invited Derek to come. Then I became too good at that, so he decided to add an extra cooler. Once I could handle that, he decided to bring some firewood in case 'we wanted a small fire at lunch'.

Derek kept feeding me carb and meat filled meals. Before, these would have gone straight to my ass, but I seemed to be burning them off faster than I could eat them. He even started making me drink these horrible protein drinks. I threw a bit of a fit which I did feel guilty about later. They were chalky and tasted of vanilla that lost its flavor. But apparently they were good for me so I did it for Derek.

Things changed.

Every day I would wake up and it was like I had taken some magic pill straight from a Harry Potter book. One morning I woke up and I could smell everything. I mean everything.

It was so overwhelming that I threw up right next to my bed. Derek rushed in, afraid that I was starting to shift. But once I was able to explain what was happening, he just died laughing.

The next day I woke up and I could see all the tiny grains in the wood planked ceiling. I mean all of them. My eyesight was better than Superman's. I just laid on my bed and stared and stared and stared at the ceiling. Levi had been hollering at me to come out for breakfast, but I was so entranced that I didn't even hear him burst through my door.

He just looked down at me like I was smoking some kind of crazy mushrooms and asked, "You alright there?"

"I can see everything." "Ya, so can all of us girl."

"No Levi, like everything. I can see all the tiny grains in the wood!"

Levi groaned and started to walk out. "Welcome to the world of being a werewolf girl, now get your ass out of bed."

My hearing became better, so good that I could hear the crunch of leaves under a tiny rabbits foot from a good ways away. When that happened, Levi was immediately annoyed because now I could hear everything in the house so he had to keep his shit talking to a minimum.

The beast in me grew stronger.

Every day she proved to be more of a challenge, and every day it took almost everything I had to beat her back.

A few times we had a close call, so close that I ended up at the other end of Levi's shotgun while Derek tried to bring me back. One time, the closest time my fangs had fully come in and my nails started to turn into claws. It hurt so bad that I threw up on Derek's jeans.

But somehow I did it. I beat her back and told her to stay in her corner until we were ready, because otherwise, she would get us killed.

Levi didn't apologize that day, and I don't blame him. If I would have shifted, I would have died that day. I wasn't ready for it. At all.

He grew on me though, and I think I grew on him too. A little.

I was still so curious about him. About his mate that he never talked about or the pack that he apparently was the leader of yet I still haven't seen one member.

I didn't leave the house or the land around it, except for today. Derek had convinced Levi to let me come grocery shopping with him so I could get out of the house and take a little break. Levi reluctantly agreed and I was thankful, it would be nice to get out for a while.

We drove to the nearest Wal-Mart, which was forty-five minutes away, in a beat up range rover that Levi was tragically attached to. He told us if we scratched his car to keep on driving. Derek just rolled his eyes, the car had enough scratches to last a lifetime.

It was quiet inside. Lazy. Only a few people were manning the registers. Derek and I had found the essentials: toilette paper, paper towels, soap, and shampoo. I picked up some new underwear and Derek got Levi a tacky shirt with a wolf printed on the front. It had the stars and moon in the background along with some really strange psychedelic coloring and a dancing bear. It was so God-awful that I cringed when he held it up with a shit-eating grin.

Derek also got me a phone. I argued with him for almost half an hour. We weren't sure if I was going to live, there was no sense in spending so much money on something if it was just going to go to waste.

He reasoned with me. He always

reasoned With me and won. He didn't think I was going to die, and even if I did, he said that they could use the phone. He just wanted me to be able to get all the memes that apparently constantly unamused Levi. That and I could take pictures with it, and upload music. Running with music would be quite nice.

An iPhone it was. My own phone.

We were browsing the home improvement aisle. Apparently there some things Levi needed to do a few repairs around the house. Derek tossed in a tube of Liquid Nail before looking back at a note on his iPhone for the next item.
"Char, did we see electrical tape back there?"

"Uh? I think so?"

"Sweet," Derek said quickly while tucking his phone back in his pocket.

"Let's get to it then."

We rounded the corner and Derek immediately froze. His eyes dilated and fangs protruded. I flickered my eyes to him, a bit perturbed and on guard. Then it hit me. It smelt awful. It was an awful stench, like a wet dog that hadn't been washed for days. It smelt sickly, mangy, almost rabid; it was like you could smell its mind deteriorating.

"Derek?" I whispered.

"Charlotte," he said quietly while fishing in his pockets. He quickly handed me the keys and looked around the corner then down the two aisles we were standing in front of. "I want you to go to the car. Walk out casually and do not make a scene. I want you to get in the back seat and pull the blanket over yourself."

"What?"

"Now," he growled lowly.

I jumped a bit and nodded my head.

I held onto the keys but shoved my hand into my jacket pocket. Carefully, I stepped away from the scent and started to make my way out.

It was everything I had not to run back in there, back to Derek. I was scared, but my beast was angry. She wanted me to eliminate this threat so we could go about our day.

I kept walking, though. The older gentleman greeting people at the front doors, who looked a little like Mr. Rogers, gave me a curious look as I strolled out,well, tried to stroll. Our car was close and I was thankful. Once I was close enough, I jogged to the door and hit the unlock button. I threw myself into the back seat and tried to unfold the blanket with my shaking fingers; fingers, shaking with both anger and fear.

I looked in the mirror and felt my stomach drop a bit. My eyes were glowing. My gray eyes looked illuminated, like a damn night light. I wanted to inspect them more, but knew I could do that later. Now, was time to hide.

I scooted myself onto the floor and pulled the blanket over my form. My beast was stalking back and forth, snarling, and snapping out into thin air, wishing it was something else instead of nothing that her jaws found.

I pushed her back, remembering Derek's instructions. Now was not the time for her to come and play.

It felt like forever. My palms started to sweat and I tried to sit absolutely still. Worrying about Derek was inevitable. The more time went by, the more I worried; thinking about every possible horrible outcome that could happen.

The door open and I squealed. I tore the blanket off to see Derek tossing groceries onto the backseat with his full vampire speed. "What the hell?"

He didn't answer. He finished unloading, pushed the buggy aside, and closed the door. I hopped into the front seat and buckled my seatbelt while the car made skid marks out of its parking place.

Derek hit the gas and we soared forward, back onto the highway and back to safety. He didn't say anything

He was breathing hard and kept blinking back what seemed his own rage mixed with a hint of fear.

"Derek? What was that?"

"Rogues."

"Rogues?"

He nodded. I felt Vile creep up my throat. Rogues. The thought itself reminded me of the night I was bitten. I mindlessly rubbed at my leg, at the scar under my pants that was a token of that night.

"The sicker they smell, the more dangerous they are. Those back there, they were not anything that we needed to see." Derek ran his hand through his hair and hissed. "Dammit, Levi is going to be furious."

"Why?"

I knew rogues were bad, but we were pretty far from his territory. That and, well there couldn't be that many of them. How much damage could they really do?

"You have to understand Char, the rogues, they are dangerous. Not all of them are had, some just need a second chance a new pack and better alpha. But many, many are horrible creatures. We haven't seen this many up here in a while."

"How many were back there?"

"Two or three," Derek breathed out. "That's the second time we've seen a group in less than a month. Usually, we only see a few every six months, if that."

"Why do you think that is?" I looked over at him. His brows were furrowed as he stared hard at the road.

He sighed and shook his head. "I don't know, but, it's not good."

Levi was pissed. More than pissed, he was furious. He left for the evening, saying he wouldn't be back for dinner so he could take care of some business. Derek said it was so he could go talk to his beta, alert him of the recent sightings. Not that I didn't believe Derek but it seemed like he just wanted to be on his own for a while. Like the news had ripped something open that he would rather be left alone.

Derek and I ate without saying much. There wasn't much to say, yet I hated the silence. It in itself said so much that it made me squirm in my seat.

Sleep didn't come to me that night. I laid away in bed, staring at the grains in the wood, counting them like sheep, and hoping that I would find rest. But all I could think of was that night.

The night that forever changed my life.

The night three men decided that they would try use me how they pleased. The night three men decided to disrespect and harm me for no reason other than their own disgusting pleasure.

The pain. My scar felt like it was aching at the memory.

It was the same night that Levi and Derek saved me. Found me. In an odd way, I was thankful for that night.

Good morning guys, decided to drop you guys breakfast.... Don't forget to comment

2 Likes

Re: "The Bite" A Story By Nightcrawler123 by 198800Mam(m): 4:22pm On Dec 04, 2019
THANKS BOSS FOR THE BREAKFAST ITS TIME TO SERVE US LUNCH AND DINNER AS WELL
Re: "The Bite" A Story By Nightcrawler123 by Ann2012(f): 7:25pm On Dec 04, 2019
Thanks for the update
Re: "The Bite" A Story By Nightcrawler123 by nightcrawler123: 4:48pm On Dec 05, 2019
**************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
Continuation

I heard some rustling in the kitchen and decided to go investigate. It smelt like Levi, but it also reeked of beer and whiskey.

I tip-toed out of my room in my yoga pants and long flannel shirt, praying that Levi wouldn't catch on. He was pouring himself a thick glass of whiskey and looked tired. It was the most tired I think I had even seen on him.

His disheveled hair was down and his eyes, even from here, looked bloodshot. My beast whined, she had grown fond of this cranky asshole.

"Either go back to bed or grab a glass," Levi's sharp voice cut through the night air like a knife.

I stepped out from my hiding place and gave him a small apologetic smile. "Sorry, I just heard the noise."

He didn't look at me. He just opened a cabinet and pulled out another glass and started to fill it with whiskey, Jack Daniels to be exact. "Well, looks like you're drinking then. Good choice Charlie girl."

I sighed. I never had been much of a drinker, but Levi did say that it would take a lot to get a werewolf drunk so maybe this wouldn't be too bad.

He carried our glasses out to the front porch and I grabbed the bottle. We walked to the small set of stairs where he had a pack of cigarettes waiting for him and an ashtray that looked more ash than tray.

"You know, smoking is bad for you," I gently teased.

"So is getting hit by a werewolf girly," he snapped back while taking a seat.

He handed me my glass and clinked his with it, before throwing the whole thing back. I didn't want to look like a child, so I threw mine back as well and regretted it instantly.

Levi chuckled at me and started to pour another glass while the stinging and burning of the whiskey seemed to course through my veins.

"How do you drink this stuff? Straight too?" I grumbled out.

"You just gotta suck it up and do it, it gets better after a while."

I scoffed. I couldn't imagine that drinking that poison could get easier. It already felt like it had ripped a hole in my throat.

"So, what was keeping you up so late that you had to ruin my date with this lovely bottle of Jack Daniels?"

My eyes flickered to Levi's inquisitive silver ones. "I couldn't sleep."

"Because?"

"I guess seeing those rogues reminded me of the night I was bitten."

"Ah," he threw his glass back, "That."

I nodded and mimicked him. It burned again. Like streams of fire running down my spine.

Levi poured another glass and I tried not to make a sour face. He just chuckled some more and set the bottle down next to him, toying with the rim while he reached into his pocket for his handy pack of cigarettes.

"Let's play a game girl," he said while his lighter flickered on. He moved it to the cigarette in his mouth, lighting the end and letting out a small breath of smoke.

"What kind of game?"

"Let's play that one we were doing in the bathroom."

"The one where I ask a question then you do?"

"Mhmm," he answered With a sly smile. I knew he was up to something, but I became excited with the potential in front of me.

"And you have to answer honestly?"

He nodded impassively then took another drag of his cig. "I'll go first, how old are you?"

"That's what you ask?" I laughed out.

He threw up his hands. "I don't actually know, 0k?"

"Fine, fine, I'm twenty-four."

"Yup, still a little girl," he spoked.

I gave him a playful scowl then looked back at the brown liquid swirling in my drink. I was being brave, I needed to be brave, so I tossed it back.

"Is it true, do you have a mate?"

He tensed then let out a long sigh. He grabbed the bottle and poured me another glass before throwing back his then filling it up. "I had a mate."

"I'm sorry." "How did you meet your husband?"

I leaned back on the railing and looked back at him. He wasn't angry, he wasn't even cold, he just looked utterly inquisitive. Like I was this giant enigma to him.

"I met him at a frat party. I didn't want to go and my friend drug me with her."

"Love at first sight?"

I laughed through my nose, "It felt like it then, God I was such a fool." I looked back and him with a coy smile.

"That's two questions in a row, so I get two."

He tossed his drink back. "Fine." "How did you meet your mate?"

"How did I know that you were going to ask me about this?"

I shrugged. He looked over at me, his eyes were soft and tired; yet there was a hint of pain, a hint of pain that seemed to still have some kind of hold on him.

"I was traveling to her pack lands on business for my father. God, she smelled so good; like roses, red wine, and rain." He paused a bit, toying with his glass before throwing it back. "She was patrolling. She had caught onto me before I even knew what was happening, she was a good tracker, the best I knew."

"Was it love at first sight?" I asked, using his question as my own.

He nodded. "The first time I looked at her I knew that I was never going to feel that way about anyone else. About anything else." He looked back at me, happy to be done talking about his mate. "That was two questions girly, my turn."

I threw back my glass and nodded.

The burning was still awful, but it was manageable. I was getting better at not cringing so much, but Levi still laughed. I'm sure it was quite the sight anyways, I would probably laugh at me too if I were him.

"So what was it? That drew you to your husband? Why marry him?"

"Marcus is one of those people that is like a magnet, you just gravitate towards him. He does a great job of putting on a front. He can be warm and charming when he wants, make you feel like you and only you his full attention When you're speaking. He took care of me. At first, he helped me forget my parents' deaths because I was so caught up in him. He helped me avoid those problems by covering them up with pretty gifts and sweet words that meant nothing. I was naive. So naive. But I felt like I needed him, like I couldn't make it without him, so I let him stick a ring on my finger."

"Where is the ring?"

"In the bottom of some lake back in California."

Levi chuckled and raised his glass to me. I raised mine and clinked it with his before we both threw our drinks back.

I felt warm. Gooey. The familiar buzz of alcohol started to course through me, whispering words to me that made me feel much more bolder than I should.

"So, what happened to her? You mate?"

Levi's knuckles turned white around his glass while he squeezed his eyes shut.

I knew I had pushed too far, asked too much. "Dammit, sorry Levi. You don't have-"

"No," he interjected. He slid down against the railing and propped a knee up.

"Rogues killed her and our two children."

"Oh my God, Levi, I'm so sorry."

He threw his glass back and poured another while I sat there in shock. I couldn't imagine. The pain. The hurt. The thought itself made my body ache and the beast whimper in the hack of my mind.

"It's alright girl. It's not your fault." He looked back at me, and his expression almost startled me. He looked so pained and almost afraid. My beast whimpered so more, she wanted to share his pain and take some of the burden away that was eating him alive. "They came, calculated, with a plan. They never do that. If there's one thing you should know, it's that rogues are not very organized."

"She went to her brother's pack with the kids. We were going to visit for a week, take a small vacation. I was going to follow her the next day, but I had to help finish out some things for my pack. It was her brother's, he was a good alpha a good man, I had no reason to worry. But God, there was such sick feeling in my gut when she left with our kids. I should have stopped her then.“

"They attacked us that night, there weren't many of them, but enough to keep my attention diverted. By the time I got there it was too late."

"What happened?" I asked softly.

"Rogues, a very organized group of rogues, attacked her brother's pack. They took out her brother, his mate, and his heir as well as my mate and our children. They killed a lot of good wolves in that pack, almost burnt everything to the ground."

"Oh my God," I breathed, "did anyone make it?"

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Bite" A Story By Nightcrawler123 by Ultimategeneral: 5:10pm On Dec 05, 2019
cool update
Re: "The Bite" A Story By Nightcrawler123 by nightcrawler123: 3:36pm On Dec 07, 2019
****************************************************************************************************
CONTINUATION

"Some," Levi nodded. "Her mother and father made it along with the youngest three kids, they were with them when the attack happened and they were able to get them underground in time. The beta made it along with his mate, but a lot of good gammas were killed. Barely any of the omegas made it."

"What about here? What about your pack?"

"It wasn't as organized, it was a distraction. We had plenty injured but no one killed. We were left unharmed and they were left destroyed."

"I'm so sorry..." my voice trailed off while I shook my head. My beast was in pain now. She was hurting and whimpering profusely in the back of my mind. Sadness washed over me until realization kicked in. "Hold on, how did you not go rogue then? Or die? Isn't that what happens?"

"The hell if I know anymore," he grumbled out. "For a while, I thought I would, I wanted to. I wanted to die.

Derek wouldn't leave me though, no matter how much I fought him, and my wolf wouldn't give up, even when I wanted to."

"That's crazy," I said more to myself than to him. I don't understand a whole lot about this mate business, but the beast in me was completely baffled by everything. It didn't make sense. Levi should be dead or a crazy ass rogue.

"Yup, and don't I know it. It's probably my curse forever, who knows."

Silence blanketed us. Crickets were chirping in the background but all I could hear was the sound of Levi throwing back another glass, trying to hide the pain that I brought forth. I felt guilty; curious and now it hurt someone that I cared about, even though he really is a big pain in my ass.

"How about a change of subject?"

"Please," Levi groaned out after he took another shot of whiskey.

"What happened with Derek? Why did you have to save him?"

Levi chuckled and looked back at me playfully, "Cause that little shit can't save his own sparkly ass."

I rolled my eyes and looked back at him for answers. He poured another glass, and it was at this point that I wasn't sure if I had ever seen anyone drink so much whiskey in one setting.

"Vamps and weres, they don't like each other. Been at odds for years, but up until the recent hundred years, they have been at peace."

"why?"

"Well," he said while reaching for my glass and pouring me another glass. "Derek's father is on their council or the vampire ultimate authority. They make the rules and all the vamps have to follow. Anyways, Derek was helping his father negotiate peace with the werewolves. A lot of people didn't like it, but a lot of people did. I was trying to help him, convince the other weres that were against it that it would be for the best. We already have to deal with people trying to discover us and rogues trying to kill us, we didn't need to be killing each other."

"Hold on, this was a hundred years ago? And you were helping?"

"You know it's not nice to ask people their age girly."
"I told you mine!"

"Fine, fine." He waved his hand with a laugh. "I think this year I am going to be a hundred and thirty-nine."

"What?!" My mouth almost hit the ground. In fact, at that moment, I was pretty sure it did. He looked a little over middle age which meant he would probably make it to at least three hundred... my luck he would be wearing my ass out even at that age.

Levi just laughed louder and threw his glass back. "Supernaturals live longer girl. Our lifespan, well, we age real slowly. Like real slowly-"

"Obviously," I exhaled out. "So will I live that long?"

"If you don't die, ya, probably." "Holy shit."

"To answer your other question, I was there because my father sat on the council."

"Hold on, what? Have we a council? You're father's on it?!" I said through coughs after I tossed back my drink. They stung and reminded me that I was still not, nor would I ever be, the master of the whiskey bottle.

Levi nodded and poured two more glasses. "Well he was before he died, but yes, we like the vamps have a council. Actually," he tipped the bottle to me with a mildly serious glint in his eye, "this is good for you to know so pay attention."

I nodded and held off from finishing my drink. I was in no rush to do that.

"So, we have a council that like the vamps, they make all the rules that we govern and are governed by. It's like America. You've got federal, state, and then city laws. Same kind of principle here, you've got council laws, regional laws, and then pack laws. All the laws though, are dictated and or influenced by the council law."

"Sounds complicated," I mused.

Levi nodded a little. "It can be at times, especially when you are trying to change them. They're so old and rarely get changed that it takes pretty much an eternity to do."

"So how does this work? How do you get on the council?"

"Well, each region has a council member that represents it. That person isn't just in charge of their pack, they are also responsible for all the packs in their territory. The alphas in that territory report to them, and so on. Usually, the territory alphas get together and decide how they want to pick a member, for us it was an election but I Know in other places they fight it out."

"So who is filling your dad's seat?"

"Well, I was until I left. My cousin is now and honestly he's a lot better at it than I was. I wasn't much for politically correct words and events."

I laughed and shook my head. "I don't doubt that."

We threw our glasses back and sloppily set them on the step. I was starting to feel dizzy, but I dare not tell Levi that. "So about Derek, how did that all go down?"

"Right," he answered shortly while rubbing his hands together. "Like I said we were trying to work on a treaty and there was a lot of people from both camps split. Some were so upset that they started to attack others, other council members and packs. There was a group that was really spearheading the 'anti-treaty party,‘ they kidnapped Derek and his mate, held them hostage so the vamps would abandon the treaty."

"And you saved them?"

"Mhmm," Levi replied while sipping his whiskey. It was the first time he actually sipped it all night. "Save his tiny ass, and Elliot's."

"And now there's a treaty?"

"Yup."

I stood up slowly, the urge to pee was starting to grow, but I almost fell backward upon standing. The world spun and my vision swam. Apparently, I wasn't on Levi's whiskey drinking level.

"Whoa, easy girl, let me help ya." He stood and walked carefully over to me, scooped me up like I weighed nothing.

"I didn't realize that-" "That you're a lightweight?"

I grumbled but let it pass. My bladder ached and at the moment, that mattered more than arguing with Levi.

"Hey Levi?"

"Can you drop me off at the bathroom first?"

"What do you think I am, a damn taxi?"

I gave him a smile with puppy eyes which seemed to work. He dropped me off in my little bathroom and waited outside, a string of curses leaving his mouth, while I released the pain from my bladder. After I was finished, Levi scooped me up again and tucked me into my bed. He left quickly and came back with a large bottle of water and two Advil.

"Better take these and drink some water, although, I think you're long gone

I nodded and swallowed the two red pills then chased them with the cool water. The water tasted almost euphoric. I didn't realize how dehydrated my body would be from all the alcohol.

"Hey Levi?"

"Yes Charlie girl?" he replied while handing me another bottle of water.

"Thanks for telling me, about her."

A small smile tugged at his lips while I chugged the water down. He stood and started to walk slowly out of my room, then stopped at the door and turned back to me.

"Eve, her name was Eve."

**************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
Remember to comment

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Bite" A Story By Nightcrawler123 by nightcrawler123: 11:56am On Dec 11, 2019
CHAPTER EIGHT
HEAT

Hello my lovelies!

Here is the next chapter for ya! Hope you enjoy and please remember to comment.

Enjoy!!!
**************************************************************************************

I felt like a freight train had run through my brain, backed up, then ran back through again.

I don't know if anything felt more horrible than the hangover I had. It took me almost twenty minutes to just physically get out of bed because I felt like I was either going to throw up or fall over from being so dizzy and disoriented.

I somehow made my way into the kitchen by following the faint smell of bacon. Derek was flipping pancakes While drinking a cup of coffee; I silently made my way to the worn Mr. Coffee coffee pot and poured myself a glass.

Derek hit back an 'I told you so,‘ smile and let me mix my cream and sugar into my morning go-go juice, which I was more than thankful for. The coffee tasted like heaven; like it was trying to help my body forget about all the Whiskey that I had drunk the night before.

"So," Derek said slowly while turning the bacon over in the cast iron skillet sitting over the worn white stove top. "How's the hangover?"

"I feel like Levi's wolf ate my brain, regurgitated it, and tried to stick it back into my head," I groaned.

Derek quickly reached into a cabinet and tossed me a Sam's size bottle of Ibuprofen. I quickly uncapped it, poured out three tiny red pills, then tossed them back.

"Thanks," I said before chasing the pills with more coffee.

"No problem Char, hope you like pancakes?"

I smiled as I passed him to sit on a barstool on the other side of the counter. "I love pancakes."

Pancakes were my favorite. My absolute favorite. My father used to make pancakes every Sunday. We would have bacon, eggs, and pancakes. He always made the best shapes too, one of my personal favorites was a puppy that he somehow created after burning three or four trials.‘

"Where's Levi?" I looked around while taking another sip of the steaming liquid. He was usually into his third cup and buried into his morning paper by now.

Derek chuckled as he flipped a hot cake in his skillet. "I think Levi may have finally learned that he is not the master of the whiskey bottle."

I cringed a bit. The word 'whiskey‘ made me literally want to puke my guts out.

"What do you like on yours Char?"

"Just butter and syrup," I answered quickly.

He nodded and placed a few for me along with some bacon on a plate then set them on the counter in front of me. The butter was melting quickly onto the wolf-shaped cakes; I smiled inwardly as Derek handed me the syrup bottle

"'These looks great," I said while popping open the syrup lid. "Thank you."

"Course," Derek said cheerfully. He plated a few for himself then moved to the barstool next to me. "So, you think you're ready for tomorrow?"

I sighed while I started to cut into my thick and fluffy pancakes. Tomorrow night. Tomorrow night would be the full moon; the night that would decide my fate.

I didn't really know if I was ready. I mean, how could anyone be ready for something like it? I knew I had gotten stronger in so many ways, yet in so many ways I still felt weak. I still felt like a scared little girl who just wanted to hide underneath the covers and pretend that all of this was a bad nightmare.

"I guess I don't really have a choice now."

I bit into the pancakes and almost let out a semi-orgasmic moan. I was convinced at this point in my life, that

all food, well the majority of foods, always tasted one hundred times better when you were hungover and hungry At this moment, these pancakes tasted like they were blessed by heaven and cooked in magic.

"You're afraid."

It wasn't a question, it was a statement. It was a statement that was so utterly true. "How can I not be? I may very well die."

"You may live," Derek added.

"Even that in itself is scary," I almost whispered before taking another bite.

"How's that?" Derek looked at me with an inquisitive brow.

"What the hell will I do if I live? I mean, it's not like I can ever be a normal person if I live. I could go try to live up in the mountains for a while, but I have a feeling that I would hate that; it would be too lonely."

"Well for starters you will be staying here with us-"

"Derek, I don't want to take advantage of you two. You've already done so much for me."

Derek just rolled his eyes and stabbed at his plate full of fluffy pancakes. "It's not a question Charlotte. You'll need mine and Levi's help to adjust after the shift. That, and, well I quite like having you around as our third roommate."

"You guys don't have to," I mumbled before taking another bite.

"No, but we want to. I want to. I know in his own way, Levi does too, but you know how he is."

I laughed through my full mouth and nodded. I didn't think that Levi hated me or even really disliked me. I think we had grown on each other in our own weird way, and in a way, I couldn't imagine doing any of this without him.

"I just, I don't know. I haven't been on my own for so long, made my own decisions had control over my own life. It‘s sick saying that the thought frightens me, I mean I want my life back, but it does frighten me."

"I understand, the world can be a crazy place, especially when you learn that the monsters are all real."

I chuckled and nodded into my coffee as I took a sip of it. "Yes and quite good at making pancakes."

Derek chuckled and gave me a wink. "You've done good Char. I know it's hard, but you have us, we're going to help you whether you want us to or not. That and, well you're much stronger and more capable than you give yourself credit for."

I sighed and tried to let the words sink in. It had been so long since I actually had to prove myself, not just to others but to myself as well. "What will become of me? If I live?"

"You will live little one," Derek replied quickly. He turned to face me on the bar stool with a thoughtful glance.

Sorry for the delay guy
Don't forget to comment

3 Likes

Re: "The Bite" A Story By Nightcrawler123 by classicpeezy(m): 3:59pm On Dec 11, 2019
You are doing a great job so far Op... Nice update although it's short... Charlie must survive by force by fire....
Re: "The Bite" A Story By Nightcrawler123 by Ohibenemma(m): 6:24pm On Dec 12, 2019
Someone's comment here made me go and search out the story on Wattpad. It turned out same.

Now, I must ask, are you the same author on Wattpad?
Re: "The Bite" A Story By Nightcrawler123 by nightcrawler123: 11:48pm On Dec 12, 2019
Ohibenemma:
Someone's comment here made me go and search out the story on Wattpad. It turned out same.

Now, I must ask, are you the same author on Wattpad?

It is what it is...... Just enjoy the story while you can....
Re: "The Bite" A Story By Nightcrawler123 by importantperson: 1:35pm On Dec 13, 2019
nightcrawler123:

It is what it is...... Just enjoy the story while you can....

Taking credit for someone else's work is bad, very bad, it wont hurt to credit the original writer.
Re: "The Bite" A Story By Nightcrawler123 by importantperson: 1:38pm On Dec 13, 2019
classicpeezy:
And here comes another torturous wait... OP would do well by updating on time and not keep us in such terrifying suspense. The work is amazingly scintillating.

you can read the complete story on wattpad. he is not the origina writer, just copy and paste, taking credit for another persons work.
Re: "The Bite" A Story By Nightcrawler123 by CasNova: 7:23am On Dec 14, 2019
Re: "The Bite" A Story By Nightcrawler123 by CasNova: 7:24am On Dec 14, 2019
Re: "The Bite" A Story By Nightcrawler123 by Kelblaq(m): 1:15pm On Dec 14, 2019
Nice write-up, Now following
Re: "The Bite" A Story By Nightcrawler123 by hidhrhis(m): 1:23pm On Dec 14, 2019
importantperson:

you can read the complete story on wattpad. he is not the origina writer, just copy and paste, taking credit for another persons work.
u are a big fool an idiot
Re: "The Bite" A Story By Nightcrawler123 by LoveToRead: 2:16pm On Dec 14, 2019
Good story.
Re: "The Bite" A Story By Nightcrawler123 by importantperson: 2:22pm On Dec 14, 2019
hidhrhis:
u are a big fool an idiot

why? for casting an intellectual thief?
Re: "The Bite" A Story By Nightcrawler123 by Ohibenemma(m): 5:06pm On Dec 14, 2019
LoveToRead:
Good story.

I am surprised that you (a writer) will be commending someone for intellectual theft. Probably, you didn't read the comments.

If you must post someone else's story, what does it take to give Him due credit? Why enjoy all the accolades for someone's sweat. It is wrong and must be condemned.

And does it mean the mods don't read before moving stories to the Frontpage? I would have expected them to investigate the claims of theft and act.
Re: "The Bite" A Story By Nightcrawler123 by LoveToRead: 5:23pm On Dec 14, 2019
Ohibenemma:
I am surprised that you (a writer) will be commending someone for intellectual theft. Probably, you didn't read the comments.

If you must post someone else's story, what does it take to give Him due credit? Why enjoy all the accolades for someone's sweat. It is wrong and must be condemned.

And does it mean the mods don't read before moving stories to the Frontpage? I would have expected them to investigate the claims of theft and act.

The comment I made was an innocent one based on the clarity of the plot of the story.

I do not read wattpad stories again, although I used to do so.

If indeed the story was lifted from wattpad and the writer here is not the original writer, then it is a case of PLAGIARISM.
Re: "The Bite" A Story By Nightcrawler123 by HORLADSTAR(m): 1:57pm On Dec 15, 2019
Wow I love this story, nice effort bro.
Re: "The Bite" A Story By Nightcrawler123 by Vulcanheph(m): 6:06pm On Dec 15, 2019
I love wereWolf stories like This.....there is an uncompleted story like this here on Nairaland called 'CALEB' By Safarigirl although it wasn't a first person Narrative like this one.........please O.P. i don't care if the story is yours or not, just try and update because i'm already in love with the story.
Re: "The Bite" A Story By Nightcrawler123 by Cruze4d(m): 11:25pm On Dec 16, 2019
Pls continue
Re: "The Bite" A Story By Nightcrawler123 by lammy197(m): 8:50am On Dec 17, 2019
Nairaland should ban this guy
Re: "The Bite" A Story By Nightcrawler123 by Ann2012(f): 9:21am On Dec 18, 2019
Loving this story

Well done OP

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Loving Tyler / Introvert (a Short Story) / Daughter Of A Beggar: Short Story

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 128
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.