Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,377 members, 7,815,804 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:40 PM

Advice Needed: What Can I Do With This Money (and My Life)? - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Advice Needed: What Can I Do With This Money (and My Life)? (1627 Views)

Diary: How I Wan Take Make This Money?(real Life Story) / Please How Can I Trace This Money? / Plz Advice Needed What Business Can I Start With The Amount Of 150k (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Advice Needed: What Can I Do With This Money (and My Life)? by ThaThinka: 7:08pm On Sep 24, 2019
thariodamaniac:

No one is born with business acumen.... Life is a business ur loss is someone else gain.... You want to invest and didn't read at least 2good books on investment or 2 courses even if it's free....
U want to invest and you don't know how the business is run.....
You want to invest and can't ascertain your risk appetite.....

U don't want to run a business... Because u have no business acumen... Do u think people are born with it.... Life is a learning curve my friend... U never get perfect... U must make mistakes... There's no skill that can't be sold....
When you were trying to ride a bicycle did you stop because you fell??..... When you were playing ball did you stop because you injured??....
You want to run because you lost money....
If you don't know something try to know it.... Not telling us about passion or business acumen or scam deals....

Learn then earn..... But if you are comfortable with where you are then stay there and let's see what you will be saying when it starts raining.....
You don't want to leave ur comfort zone or take risk but want reward..... It's not possible...

If you go to a financial advisor tomorrow and he asks you how much you want to make in the next 5yrs.... Am sure you won't know...

I won't give u any idea it's left for u to find what you are looking for...

Thanks for responding. Initially, I thought I got what you were getting at, but in the end you lost me.

So you don't think business acumen has something to do with learning, experience? If yes, why then do some people - our Igbo brothers, especially - do apprenticeship and all that before setting up a business? So, business is something you just rush into without having understudied someone to know a few tricks of how things work? Really?!

Did you miss the part where I stated that even it is a suggestion of skills to acquire? I know I have got things to learn. But that obviously made no difference to you.

If I am going to be frank, your response didn't add anything to me. It appears all you wanted to do was to be critical.
Re: Advice Needed: What Can I Do With This Money (and My Life)? by Nobody: 9:22pm On Sep 24, 2019
ThaThinka:

Thanks for responding. Initially, I thought I got what you were getting at, but in the end you lost me.

So you don't think business acumen has something to do with learning, experience? If yes, why then do some people - our Igbo brothers, especially - do apprenticeship and all that before setting up a business? So, business is something you just rush into without having understudied someone to know a few tricks of how things work? Really?!

Did you miss the part where I stated that even it is a suggestion of skills to acquire? I know I have got things to learn. But that obviously made no difference to you.

If I am going to be frank, your response didn't add anything to me. It appears all you wanted to do was to be critical.
You sounded like who was tired of trying to do business.... So I told u what u should be told.... If u want to know something then u find it.... The way u went about talking about business acumen like it's something special.... Yes people that do apprenticeship come out successful when they start because the apprenticeship was more than just serving someone.... Have u bothered asking an apprentice the mistakes he made when running his master's business..... It takes experience to get good at something.... Anyway if you want to know what skills u should acquire that is left for u...
Re: Advice Needed: What Can I Do With This Money (and My Life)? by ThaThinka: 8:58am On Sep 28, 2019
thariodamaniac:

You sounded like who was tired of trying to do business.... So I told u what u should be told.... If u want to know something then u find it.... The way u went about talking about business acumen like it's something special.... Yes people that do apprenticeship come out successful when they start because the apprenticeship was more than just serving someone.... Have u bothered asking an apprentice the mistakes he made when running his master's business..... It takes experience to get good at something.... Anyway if you want to know what skills u should acquire that is left for u...

There's the point! Yet, you seem to still not get it.

Must one re-invent the wheel or suffer failure instead of simply learning from the experience of others?

Well, thank you. That's okay now.
Re: Advice Needed: What Can I Do With This Money (and My Life)? by Nobody: 9:05am On Sep 28, 2019
ThaThinka:

There's the point! Yet, you seem to still not get it.

Must one re-invent the wheel or suffer failure instead of simply learning from the experience of others?

Well, thank you. That's okay now.
Note it's impossible to learn from someone's experience.... In theory.... Maybe but practically it's not possible... Nothing good comes easy...
Cheers

(1) (2) (Reply)

How To Get Clevermoni Pos, Charges, Prices And More / How To Trade Crypto With Robots 24/7 And Maximize Profit / How Can I Get An Sms Short-code For My Business? Please Help!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.