Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,694 members, 7,955,625 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 11:07 AM

Tammy Abraham Hints At Switching Allegiance To Nigeria - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Tammy Abraham Hints At Switching Allegiance To Nigeria (42715 Views)

Ighalo Hints At U-turn On His International Retirement After A Cryptic Tweet / Tammy Abraham Tells England FA He Remains Available For Selection / Tammy Abraham To Dump England For Nigeria, Meets Pinnick In London. PICS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tammy Abraham Hints At Switching Allegiance To Nigeria by optimusprime2(m): 2:17pm On Sep 16, 2019
Even if Harry Kane is not in form, Tammy can not replace him... at least after 10 years

1 Like

Re: Tammy Abraham Hints At Switching Allegiance To Nigeria by ashlyfab78(m): 2:18pm On Sep 16, 2019
SillyeRabbit:
NFF pursuing this guy because he plays for Chelsea. Because of his experience? Oh experience indeed. We don't have sense in this country, I swear. angry He'll be a fool to choose a shiiithole country like Nigeria over England.

Don't generalize everyone here, just says you don't have sense simple ( no offense). And besides,the likes of victor Moses, iwobi were also persuaded by NFF to play for Nigeria at international level and they all delivered.. Currently we don't have outstanding striker and for this young guy to have 7 goals to his tally in a competitive league as premiership, he's a big fish for Nigeria..

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tammy Abraham Hints At Switching Allegiance To Nigeria by Timmy301(m): 2:21pm On Sep 16, 2019
As much as I want him to play for Nigeria
He's trying to Weigh his Option
And the only threat he has at the moment is Harry Kane and maybe Callum Wilson
Others ain't C.FORWARDS and some people be shouting Osimhen up their grin
He plays in league where they know the league winner before the season commences.
Arsenal's Nicolas Pepe flourished on goals there
But look at him struggling to score one in England.
Truth be told, we can't compare Abraham with Osimhen grin Gun no be broom mate
Keep Abraham and Osimhen for me, as a Madrid fan
I'd pick ABRAHAM even most of you shouting Osimhen would go with Abraham
Some of u haven't even checked Osimhen's Ballwork out.
Leave the Team Hatred and let's be realistic, this is our country

Super Eagles keep soaring high

2 Likes

Re: Tammy Abraham Hints At Switching Allegiance To Nigeria by explosiveskull(m): 2:24pm On Sep 16, 2019
Kenturkey048:
How sir??

Re: Tammy Abraham Hints At Switching Allegiance To Nigeria by GMbuharii: 2:24pm On Sep 16, 2019
Someone should draw his ears very well
grin
Re: Tammy Abraham Hints At Switching Allegiance To Nigeria by Timmy301(m): 2:24pm On Sep 16, 2019
ashlyfab78:

Don't generalize everyone here, just says you don't have sense simple ( no offense). And besides,the likes of victor Moses, iwobi were also persuaded by NFF to play for Nigeria at international level and they all delivered.. Currently we don't have outstanding striker and for this young guy to have 7 goals to his tally in a competitive league as premiership, he's a big fish for Nigeria..
Exactly
One of the most realistic comments

2 Likes

Re: Tammy Abraham Hints At Switching Allegiance To Nigeria by Starz825(m): 2:30pm On Sep 16, 2019
I already knew this guy needed to prove himself before January if not Chelsea for replace am
I admire the fact that lampard like them young

1 Like

Re: Tammy Abraham Hints At Switching Allegiance To Nigeria by Mariangeles(f): 2:36pm On Sep 16, 2019
Where is the hint ? undecided
The boy just enjoy leaving Nigeria hanging
Re: Tammy Abraham Hints At Switching Allegiance To Nigeria by BlessedNuel: 2:39pm On Sep 16, 2019
RxSameer:
u are advising him to stick to England n u want us to buy ur honey nooo we must buy honey from England too

Lwkmd.. Brother mi... No be like that na

1 Like

Re: Tammy Abraham Hints At Switching Allegiance To Nigeria by ambu2: 2:54pm On Sep 16, 2019
festacman:
It is not rocket science.

His first priority now will be to use his current form for Chelsea FC to boost his worth as a striker.

His second priority will be to study the current Three Lions to see if he has a chance of displacing Harry Kane, Raheem Sterling and Marcus Rashford for first team place. Given the age and experience of these players, it might be difficult to break in. And once he shows up for England, then he has sealed international football fate.

His third priority will be to play for Nigeria where he is most likely to give Victor Osinhem, Paul Onuachu and Henry Onyekuru a run for their money.

However, the truth is that where he decides to pitch his international tent is completely his headache. With or without Tammy Abraham, Super Eagles will continue to fly high.

Re: Tammy Abraham Hints At Switching Allegiance To Nigeria by Nobody: 3:14pm On Sep 16, 2019
Osimhen
Onuachu
Maja
Oyekuru

the first two I mentioned above are better than Temmy if given the opportunity lampard is given to temmy.

1 Like

Re: Tammy Abraham Hints At Switching Allegiance To Nigeria by Nobody: 3:19pm On Sep 16, 2019
Timmy301:
He plays in league where they know the league winner before the season commences.

if you don't have reasonable thing to say pls go and sleep or call your caro Whitehouse olosho to keep u company
Re: Tammy Abraham Hints At Switching Allegiance To Nigeria by shine12: 3:20pm On Sep 16, 2019
jovialswag:
You better switch

Kane-Vardy- Rashford see your contenders

Na, I disagree. If he finishes the season with 25 goals and Rashford has his "I'm still young 10 goals season", the narrative will change and this dude will be the hottest property in English football.
Remember when it was Rooney before anyone else and then gast forward couple of years and Rooney couldn't even make the team even though he still wanted to play.

1 Like

Re: Tammy Abraham Hints At Switching Allegiance To Nigeria by shine12: 3:22pm On Sep 16, 2019
BlessedNuel:
Ok....I will advice him to stick to England Abeg..... NFF fit frustrate him career oooh.
I wish him all the Best .

If yOu need Original Pure Honey call or whatsapp me on the number attached to my signature below

True, I'm feeling for Iwobi low-key now.
It'll be nice to see him play for his fatherland but the reality is anything of quality that associates too much with Nigeria loses value.

2 Likes

Re: Tammy Abraham Hints At Switching Allegiance To Nigeria by Feministolash(m): 3:25pm On Sep 16, 2019
DO WHATEVER YOUR CONSCIENCE TELLS YOU MY GUY IF YOUR SPIRIT TELL YOU TO PLAY 4 NAIJA DON'T DOUBT IT

2 Likes

Re: Tammy Abraham Hints At Switching Allegiance To Nigeria by GloShare(m): 3:28pm On Sep 16, 2019
andrew444:

Nigerians and their dirty mentality once again

Is national team pay the problem of a player who earns well at chelsea?

And then he gets an injury and cant play for Chelsea again. Carry your clean mentality away abeg.

1 Like

Re: Tammy Abraham Hints At Switching Allegiance To Nigeria by RealGOAT: 3:31pm On Sep 16, 2019
vic17:
Osimhen
Onuachu
Maja
Oyekuru

the first two I mentioned above are better than Temmy if given the opportunity lampard is given to temmy.
the are all the same.
Re: Tammy Abraham Hints At Switching Allegiance To Nigeria by cenaman(m): 3:32pm On Sep 16, 2019
Timmy301:

Las Las na bad mouth go kii you grin
Bring ur own striker moh see na grin
If I have Tammy in my team he'd bring competition for "Getting old Benzema and Luka Jovic"
tongue
Timmy301:

Las Las na bad mouth go kii you grin
Bring ur own striker moh see na grin
If I have Tammy in my team he'd bring competition for "Getting old Benzema and Luka Jovic"

1 Like

Re: Tammy Abraham Hints At Switching Allegiance To Nigeria by kunlero111: 3:40pm On Sep 16, 2019
NFF or whoever is involved should stop embarrassing themselves on this boy's matter. The guy is more English than Nigerian for crying out loud. You know how many players Senegal and Mali lose to France daily?. And to be fair with those "foreign" guys, it's not easy to grow up at a country and all of sudden, another faraway country is calling you to come and play for them just because your parents are from there. It is very complex and it always require extra effort on the player's part.
Players who were born and bred in this part of the world don't usually have much wahala when it comes to pledging allegiance to their country of birth. That is why you see the likes of Mane, Sallah, Etoo, Drogba, Mahrez, Yaya Toure, Onana playing for their country of birth (Despite great successes in Europe). They simply grew up in Africa and most of their relatives (including parents) still live in those African countries.
What are we doing to develop young talents from this part of the world?. How are we making sure boys are getting opportunities to attend those top football academies in Europe.
Take Adrea Onana of Ajax and Cameroon for example. He was among those boys that Samuel Eto'o took to Barcelona's academy. Now he is Ajax's first choice goal keeper and he is easily playing for Cameroon.
Bottom line is that any half- Nigerian, half European player who wants to play for us is welcome but we should not make them see it as if they are doing us a favour.

3 Likes

Re: Tammy Abraham Hints At Switching Allegiance To Nigeria by andrew444(m): 3:45pm On Sep 16, 2019
GloShare:

And then he gets an injury and cant play for Chelsea again. Carry your clean mentality away abeg.

Oya go give am injury

How much national team dey pay players ?

Playing for your national team it's just for the pride ,how many international games is being played ?

Players dey get 16 months injury,no be club dey pay them their salary ?

No be club dey threat players wey get injury ?

You think say football Na police or army work

Ogbeni focus on Nigeria local league seems you know nothing about football
Re: Tammy Abraham Hints At Switching Allegiance To Nigeria by GloShare(m): 3:47pm On Sep 16, 2019
andrew444:

Oya go give am injury

How much national team dey pay players ?

Playing for your national team it's just for the pride ,how many international games is being played ?

Players dey get 16 months injury,no be club dey pay them their salary ?

No be club dey threat players wey get injury ?

You think say football Na police or army work

Ogbeni focus on Nigeria local league seems you know nothing about football

So the pride wey Nigeria want give am, England no fit give am too?

How many people dun collect serious injuries wey club renew their contract?

How many great naija players still dey see food chop?

Sleep dey catch you, make I throw pillow reach your side?
Re: Tammy Abraham Hints At Switching Allegiance To Nigeria by Ijeleigbo(m): 3:48pm On Sep 16, 2019
The only rival Tammy has at the moment is Kane. South gate plays rashford and sterling at the wings and according to current form, Tammy is better than vardy. Kane gets injured a lot and besides if Tammy keeps scoring, south gate will definitely give him a shot even if it means bringing him on second half.
Tammy has a chance to break into the English first team and he knows it that is why he wants to first of all concentrate on scoring loads of goals for Chelsea and with a manager like lamps, he will only get better

1 Like

Re: Tammy Abraham Hints At Switching Allegiance To Nigeria by Changeofscene(m): 4:00pm On Sep 16, 2019
Updatebaze:
In-form Chelsea striker Tammy Abraham has given Super Eagles a major boost by refusing to rule out switching his allegiance to Nigeria.

The 21-year-old who was born in the UK to Nigerian parents is currently the joint-leading scorer with Sergio Aguero in the Premier League, So far, the pair have seven goals each.

Despite representing England at Under 18, Under 19 and Under 21 levels Tammy is still eligible to play for the three-time African champions, through his Nigerian parents.

Speaking on the situation, Abraham told Goal: ‘Yes, I have heard the talk. I have not really been focused on that yet.

‘I think when the time comes, the times comes. It is about focusing on Chelsea and hopefully scoring goals and getting victories.

‘We never know. You can never say never, whatever comes first really. I just have to keep full focus on Chelsea.

Source: https://updatebaze.com/2019/09/16/never-say-never-in-form-chelsea-striker-tammy-abraham-hints-at-switching-allegiance-to-nigeria/

My guy Tammy,please focus on Chelsea and play for England when you are called to do so.Before you pick Nigeria first look at the likes of Victor Moses and other super Eagles that had to resign from the super Eagles team at an early age.Nigeria has little or no regards for her citizens.Be warned.

1 Like

Re: Tammy Abraham Hints At Switching Allegiance To Nigeria by andrew444(m): 4:02pm On Sep 16, 2019
GloShare:

So the pride wey Nigeria want give am, England no fit give am too?

How many people dun collect serious injuries wey club renew their contract?

How many great naija players still dey see food chop?

Sleep dey catch you, make I throw pillow reach your side?

So all super eagles player are poor?

Name a super eagles player in this generation that's poor ?

You think football is the salary work you work that they do owe you salary

Maybe you think say club no dey pay naija players

Uncle sense fall on you

If you know nothing about how football works then keep your mouth shut
Re: Tammy Abraham Hints At Switching Allegiance To Nigeria by kenzysmith: 4:05pm On Sep 16, 2019
Timmy301:

this is the best commet so far thanks bro those people shouting osinhmen no get sense i watch d lastfriendly game against ukraine person wey dey play ball without sense.

1 Like

Re: Tammy Abraham Hints At Switching Allegiance To Nigeria by judedwriter(m): 4:36pm On Sep 16, 2019
Whether he plays for the 3 lions or the super eagles, his future on current form is very bright. I just wish he doesn't get carried away with the hyping media, or worst still, lose his scoring touch.

1 Like

Re: Tammy Abraham Hints At Switching Allegiance To Nigeria by naijabruce: 5:03pm On Sep 16, 2019
Germany,2. Bundesliga
FC St. Pauli – Hamburger SV
12/over 1.5

Dont miss free booking codes on my signature link
Re: Tammy Abraham Hints At Switching Allegiance To Nigeria by linohlex: 5:28pm On Sep 16, 2019
This young man will represent England in the next international window, he is just keeping his cards close to the three lions with his current form
Re: Tammy Abraham Hints At Switching Allegiance To Nigeria by DarkJeddi(m): 5:59pm On Sep 16, 2019
tillaman:
You better play for England if you want to be successful as far as football is concerned, you are still young please don’t be reckless don’t make that stupid decision don’t even consider it at all, stay in England
And those that have played for England,how many World Cups and Euro Cups have they won or any Cup for that matter? shocked

1 Like

Re: Tammy Abraham Hints At Switching Allegiance To Nigeria by DarkJeddi(m): 6:03pm On Sep 16, 2019
therealakuko:
Person that the British media is already referring to as the "FIRST ENGLISHMAN" to achieve wetin wetin.... I doubt he will switch allegiance to Nigeria
Wait until he misses a Penalty or costs them a match,then they will remember he's from Nigeria.. shocked

1 Like

Re: Tammy Abraham Hints At Switching Allegiance To Nigeria by ThePreachersSon: 6:11pm On Sep 16, 2019
DonXavi:
He should not even think it twice. Upon all his victories in the UK he still faces racism. He should come and play for his mother land where he can feel belonged

Nigeria's worse. Yes in England he'll get a lot of racist comments, but in Nigeria it's death threats. Ask Ighalo what I'm talking about. Abraham mama go cry tire.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Cristiano Ronaldo Crowned Men’s Player Of The Year At Dubai Globe Soccer Award / Meet Amon Okechukwu : 1 Legged Nigerian Athlete That Can Jump Over Cars - Photos / Inter Milan Fans Celebrate 1st Serie A Title Victory Since 2010 (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.