Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,468 members, 7,816,104 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:56 AM

Who Is Fixing Lagos Roads? - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Who Is Fixing Lagos Roads? (21584 Views)

VIS Removes Over 50 Rickety Buses From Lagos Roads (Photos) / Keke, Okada Back On Lagos Roads, One Month After Ban / Pictures Of EPE, LAGOS Roads At Night (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Is Fixing Lagos Roads? by nextstep(m): 5:18pm On Oct 07, 2019
Please, I want to ask: who is destroying Lagos roads? Because every year, roads are fixed, and every year, roads turn to potopoto...
In Nigerian parlance: "must be spiritual" grin

1 Like

Re: Who Is Fixing Lagos Roads? by mechanics(m): 5:25pm On Oct 07, 2019
The state government na
Re: Who Is Fixing Lagos Roads? by Beautyaddy: 5:27pm On Oct 07, 2019
LegendHero:

Let’s ask eachother one question. There is nearly several hundreds of bad roads in Lagos that needs critical attention right. As a governor if you try concentrating on let’s say 50 at once, there will be other roads where people will be clamoring for you to also work on and the effect of the repair of one of the roads will be felt on the other (traffic due to construction).

So as an administrator, isn’t it better to at least block some pothole first for some road to make them easy enough for motorists even if it’s with palliative care.

Resources are limited and government needs to be proactive in trying to please people even if the strength isn’t enough. So why are you blaming them for carrying out palliative care. Do you mean they will start re-building all the roads in Lagos at once?

Question: If you are governors with limited resources and manpower, how will you deal with the construction of all major roads in Lagos within 8 month?

Huh

Which State are you describing as having "limited Resources"....limited resources in what? Money

We are talking about Lagos State here. embarassed

The State that generates the most GDP and its Citizens pays the most in taxes out of all the 36 States including the Federal Capital(Abuja)

Are you serious embarassed

4 Likes

Re: Who Is Fixing Lagos Roads? by marcjoe(m): 5:45pm On Oct 07, 2019
Lagos state government would start fixing it after the rain must have stop. I guess They do not want to waste material. So all we need is patience.. but the mechanics are smiling to the bank presently. cool
Re: Who Is Fixing Lagos Roads? by Reference(m): 5:45pm On Oct 07, 2019
LegendHero:
This is the calendar of the LSPWC for roads construction around lagos for today.

Lagos Abeokuta expressway below:

Our problem in Nigeria is so complex such that even if a Jesus/Mohammed come down to rule us there will still be complaint. A governor not up to 8month is getting all these complaints that he should fix all the Lagos road within that period?

Haba Nigerians and their highly ridiculous expectations.

8 months... Lagos has amongst the longest unbroken run of government in Nigeria's nascent democracy. The APC has led that State since 1999 with no form of break whatsoever, not even internal opposition has nroken this run. Twenty years they have had to fix stuff. How long is required... another 60 years...

It is so easy to be patronising but you know and I know what the problem is.... that is the total lack of democracy and Lagis State will become a poster child, a working example of what the difference is between a monarchy and a democracy.

The truth is simple. Without the vigour, multiparty politics brings to democracy, performance in governance is just impossible and at best unsustainable. There is absolutely no reason for an appointee to perform and no incentive for a 'fixed' game to produce drama. We have talked about this, about Lagos and her politics time and time, election after election....

Just as Nigeria is, Lagos is equally overdue for a revolution.... like it or not, hide it or not.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Is Fixing Lagos Roads? by Electronzeez(m): 5:46pm On Oct 07, 2019
Sanwo olu is a scam ,I initially gave him the benefit of doubt in performance, he had gotten more than enough time to boot from sleep mode yet nothing to show.

1 Like

Re: Who Is Fixing Lagos Roads? by Reference(m): 5:48pm On Oct 07, 2019
marcjoe:
Lagos state government would start fixing it after the rain must have stop. I guess They do not want to waste material. So all we need is patience.. but the mechanics are smiling to the bank presently. cool

Indeed and the citizens, the masters will forever make excuses for those who claim to serve them... the bane of the 'brilliant', high IQ'ed citizen.
Re: Who Is Fixing Lagos Roads? by Beautyaddy: 5:56pm On Oct 07, 2019
Electronzeez:
Sanwo olu is a scam ,I initially gave him the benefit of doubt in performance, he had gotten more than enough time to boot from sleep mode yet nothing to show.

Not only a Scam but a complete pretender show-off to gullible people.

So he made 100 days noise show-off when he first came into office and then what next?

May be he has not gotten his next line of duties from his boss Tinubu as to know how to tackle the serious deteriorating conditions Lagos State infrastructures has been facing for over 10 years now. undecided

4 Likes

Re: Who Is Fixing Lagos Roads? by Ladipodeal: 6:11pm On Oct 07, 2019
azpekuliar:

Please shut your trap!

This morning on my way to work, that terrible spot at Bolade along the Agege motor road inwards Mushin almost ripped my entire front bumper apart.

To add insult to injury I was harrased by about 4 area boys who kept chanting “e fun wa lo wo”, “e fun wa lo wo” when I stopped to assess the damage.

Sorry for your car Bro.

You don't have to insult me. Do you drive on twitter?!!
Re: Who Is Fixing Lagos Roads? by liprises(m): 6:13pm On Oct 07, 2019
Proactiveness is necessary

Re: Who Is Fixing Lagos Roads? by ceasare: 6:15pm On Oct 07, 2019
I laugh anytime I see the lspwc guys pour some black like substance on the road and then gbam add asphalt to it
And voila they ve patched a road.....that's the wackiest way to fix a road .lspwc knows and the govt knows !
How much is bitumen ? Yet they come with less than a liitre of it to patch a 1 km crater on d road.we are doomed as
A people wallahi.i know the day we find out the cost of this rehabilitation some people will beg to be citizen of Cameroon.

Note : most of the road are ripped by Agbero and traffic hawkers to create traffic jam so they can collect their levy and sell their wares
Nobody should ask how I know......
Re: Who Is Fixing Lagos Roads? by Heftyceo: 6:18pm On Oct 07, 2019
U were making some sense before u now rubbished ur point. How can U say limited funds? Lagos? Do u know the IGR of Lagos Do u know how much tolls alone in lekki alone generates U can defend someone but dont become stupid in the process!!!

Let’s ask eachother one question. There is nearly several hundreds of bad roads in Lagos that needs critical attention right. As a governor if you try concentrating on let’s say 50 at once, there will be other roads where people will be clamoring for you to also work on and the effect of the repair of one of the roads will be felt on the other (traffic due to construction).

So as an administrator, isn’t it better to at least block some pothole first for some road to make them easy enough for motorists even if it’s with palliative care.

Resources are limited and government needs to be proactive in trying to please people even if the strength isn’t enough. So why are you blaming them for carrying out palliative care. Do you mean they will start re-building all the roads in Lagos at once?

Question: If you are governors with limited resources and manpower, how will you deal with the construction of all major roads in Lagos within 8 month? [/quote]
Re: Who Is Fixing Lagos Roads? by CaptainFM1: 6:39pm On Oct 07, 2019
kemmylove101:

Then stop complaining if you cant sacrifice anything for your country

That little he did is enough sacrifice to start with. He can't be everywhere snapping roads.
Re: Who Is Fixing Lagos Roads? by LongThickPenis(m): 6:45pm On Oct 07, 2019
It is an eyesore. Exactly what I was thinking this weekend. In Akowonjo where I stay from Dopemu bus stop through the flyover, to Akowonjo Road through to Egbeda. The pot holes are getting larger by the day. Before the election, some areas were filled with hardcore around Vulcaniser bus stop on Akowonjo Road, but the rains have washed them away. Lagos citizens should stop all this short sighted voting of incompetent officials especially at Local Government level.

The Abeokuta expressway that was modified to accommodate BRT from Oshodi to Abule Egba by STRABIC Construction company under Ambode's tenure did a shoddy job and the roads and BRT lanes are having pot holes at various bus stops like Cement, Airport, Bolade, Iyana Dopemu after just one rainy season. The company executives should be arrested and made to fix that expressway because the left it in worse shape than they met it. The tar on the expressway before the BRT lane was at least 8inches thick. The tar laid around Dopemu part of the expressway is less than 3 ft thick.
Re: Who Is Fixing Lagos Roads? by olumzzz(m): 6:58pm On Oct 07, 2019
doctokwus:
When Ambode was governor,even if he didn't construct the roads,PWD workers were regularly patching roads with concrete and tar.
I am not exaggerating but I have not witnessed Lagos roads as bad as they have ever being.
This was the same terrible condition of the roads during Tinubu's era,till Fashola came with his beautification agenda.
This mentally challenged man that calls himself a governor has been exhibiting all the attributes of someone that will fail dramatically.
Refuse heaps are now so bad that I saw that a big church denomination had to hire a refuse truck to evacuate refuse in some parts.
Also saw VIO on the roads about 2 weeks ago.
Oga you're wrong sir. Ambode didn't fix jack.
The bad roads we see now are not due to neglect since May 2019. The roads couldn't have become this worse if Ambode was doing his job.
They are due to years of neglect.
All major state roads were not maintained during Ambode's era. Driving through ikeja, ogba, isolo, mushin, onike, iwaya, bariga, ayobo ajao estate, etc was hell under Ambode

1 Like

Re: Who Is Fixing Lagos Roads? by Detolanny(m): 6:59pm On Oct 07, 2019
Reference:

8 months... Lagos has amongst the longest unbroken run of government in Nigeria's nascent democracy. The APC has led that State since 1999 with no form of break whatsoever, not even internal opposition has nroken this run. Twenty years they have had to fix stuff. How long is required... another 60 years...

It is so easy to be patronising but you know and I know what the problem is.... that is the total lack of democracy and Lagis State will become a poster child, a working example of what the difference is between a monarchy and a democracy.

The truth is simple. Without the vigour, multiparty politics brings to democracy, performance in governance is just impossible and at best unsustainable. There is absolutely no reason for an appointee to perform and no incentive for a 'fixed' game to produce drama. We have talked about this, about Lagos and her politics time and time, election after election....

Just as Nigeria is, Lagos is equally overdue for a revolution.... like it or not, hide it or not.

Walahi!!! God bless you a million times. You deserve 50 Crates of Chilled Sweating Goldberg.

1 Like

Re: Who Is Fixing Lagos Roads? by Bbbwings: 7:01pm On Oct 07, 2019
Can seun make this thread permanent for a week on the front page.?
This is really bad

3 Likes

Re: Who Is Fixing Lagos Roads? by Detolanny(m): 7:21pm On Oct 07, 2019
Bbbwings:
Can seun make this thread permanent for a week on the front page.?
This is really bad

Supported

1 Like

Re: Who Is Fixing Lagos Roads? by awoo47: 7:27pm On Oct 07, 2019
hiroz:
Lagos roads are soo bad now. an intervention is needed...
lol. Ibadan own is far worse
Re: Who Is Fixing Lagos Roads? by awoo47: 7:27pm On Oct 07, 2019
hiroz:
Lagos roads are soo bad now. an intervention is needed...
lol. Ibadan own is far worse
Re: Who Is Fixing Lagos Roads? by Situation001(m): 7:37pm On Oct 07, 2019
Terrible are these roads in Mushin.. 1. Itire road Mushin/Surulere 2. Agege motor road mushin axis 3. Post office road Mushin in fact all the roads in Mushin are death trap.. God's aid is sought..
Re: Who Is Fixing Lagos Roads? by adedehinbo(m): 7:46pm On Oct 07, 2019
Sanwo olu seems to be another ole Gunnar solkjeer for Lagos,sweet talking with empty action

2 Likes

Re: Who Is Fixing Lagos Roads? by Beautyaddy: 7:47pm On Oct 07, 2019
Situation001:
Terrible are these roads in Mushin..
1. Itire road Mushin/Surulere
2. Agege motor road mushin axis
3. Post office road Mushin
in fact all the roads in Mushin are death trap.. God's aid is sought..

Another thing I just noticed is that most of these deteriorating and abandoned roads in Lagos is mostly on the Mainland area of Lagos.

It looks like most of streets on the Island might be immune to deterioration...or are we missing something
Re: Who Is Fixing Lagos Roads? by seangy4konji: 7:54pm On Oct 07, 2019
Ibadan roads are fat far better
Re: Who Is Fixing Lagos Roads? by babajeje123(m): 8:26pm On Oct 07, 2019
Beautyaddy:

Another thing I just noticed is that most of these deteriorating and abandoned roads in Lagos is mostly on the Mainland area of Lagos.

It looks like most of streets on the Island might be immune to deterioration...or are we missing something
My broda, na same o. The traffic as a result of bad road is hell on the Island

1 Like

Re: Who Is Fixing Lagos Roads? by Nobody: 9:11pm On Oct 07, 2019
He he he he... So you people still drive. I've taken my work home. And parked my cars permanently for now. If na must say I comot for house gokada or opay is a goal. Lagos no help me buy motor dem no go help me spoil am
Re: Who Is Fixing Lagos Roads? by somziency: 9:16pm On Oct 07, 2019
Una Neva see anything! This is Genesis.

1 Like

Re: Who Is Fixing Lagos Roads? by iamjosland2: 9:52pm On Oct 07, 2019
things are getting worse in Lagos everyday.from bad roads to the environment.thought they removed Ambode so they could solve the problems.
Re: Who Is Fixing Lagos Roads? by Omooba77: 9:59pm On Oct 07, 2019
LegendHero:
This is the calendar of the LSPWC for roads construction around lagos for today.

Lagos Abeokuta expressway below:

Our problem in Nigeria is so complex such that even if a Jesus/Mohammed come down to rule us there will still be complaint. A governor not up to 8month is getting all these complaints that he should fix all the Lagos road within that period?

Haba Nigerians and their highly ridiculous expectations.
What is the quality of jobs done on these roads. All most of them wear of within days
Re: Who Is Fixing Lagos Roads? by Bacteriologist(m): 10:36pm On Oct 07, 2019
LegendHero:
We are our problem, we don’t offer constructive criticism in Nigeria, it’s about condemning everything everytime ever since 1900. I understand the frustration is much but sometimes we gotta be at least reasonable in criticism coz why can you start to judge a governor that hasn’t even used up to a year.

Nigeria with the rubbish 90 day report sheet that hasn’t yield any meaningful result but mediocre. Which nation builds everything in 3 month to judge a sitting governor!

Humans are the only animals that will asslick and defend their oppressors because of what they will eat.

Posterity will judge you for trading your conscience and humanity because of daily bread.

2 Likes

Re: Who Is Fixing Lagos Roads? by LegendHero(m): 10:41pm On Oct 07, 2019
Bacteriologist:

Humans are the only animals that will asslick and defend their oppressors because of what they will eat.

Posterity will judge you for trading your conscience and humanity because of daily bread.

Africa is the only continent that doesn't accommodate divergent views. You keep regurgitating the rubbish asslicking line everytime without critical assessment of situations.

If I had ever received any penny from anyone, then posterity will judge me.
Re: Who Is Fixing Lagos Roads? by Bacteriologist(m): 10:44pm On Oct 07, 2019
Shibaraba:
He he he he... So you people still drive. I've taken my work home. And parked my cars permanently for now. If na must say I comot for house gokada or opay is a goal. Lagos no help me buy motor dem no go help me spoil am

Typical Nigerian mentality. I'm safe so whatever happens to anyone else is not my business.

Does it not occur to you that good roads is part of what makes the economy better for us all? Good roads make possible less transport time and zero costs of repairing damaged motor parts which usually drives up sales prices. Less hours wasted in traffic means more hours go into productivity. Accidents are effectively reduced, increasing the ease of business and general quality of life for everybody.

Even if you own a helicopter, good roads is what any one who wants progress should clamour for.

Do not be penny wise and pound foolish.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

BSU Student Involved In Accident, Unconscious, To Start MBBS Exam Today (Photos) / Nigerians Trapped In Ukraine Reject Evacuation Offer, Say FG Is Insincere / Lagos Reopens Third Mainland Bridge Ahead Of Scheduled Time

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.