Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,567 members, 7,820,045 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:59 AM

Report Insinuating Vice President Didn't Follow Due Process In Supervision Of Ag - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Report Insinuating Vice President Didn't Follow Due Process In Supervision Of Ag (10361 Views)

Northerners Are Insinuating That Amaechi May Be The Next President Of Nigeria / Olubunmi Adetunmbi On Sunday Igboho: DSS Didn’t Follow Due Process / Lauretta Onochie: I’m Being Attacked Because I Follow Due Process (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Report Insinuating Vice President Didn't Follow Due Process In Supervision Of Ag by janetdaniels201: 7:14pm On Sep 17, 2019
REPORT INSINUATING VICE PRESIDENT DIDN'T FOLLOW DUE PROCESS IN SUPERVISION OF AGENCIES UNDER HIM IS FALSE

(Re: Buhari directs Osinbajo to seek approvals for agencies under him)

Our attention has been drawn to a sensational report by The Cable which claims that His Excellency, President Muhammadu Buhari, has directed Vice President Yemi Osinbajo, SAN, to seek approvals for agencies under him.

The report suggests, falsely, that agencies under the supervision of the Vice President do not normally comply with established rules where presidential approvals are required. 

This is obviously misleading and aims only to plant seeds of discord in the Presidency while attempting to create unnecessary national hysteria.

The agencies in question are established by law and the Vice President has always insisted on due compliance with the enabling statutes and other established regulations. 

Depending on the particular scope of activity in question, agencies may require management approval only, at the level of the Director General or Chief Executive Officer.  In this category falls the great majority of their day-to-day activities. 

However, other activities, or procurements, with value exceeding a certain threshold, require Board approval. These may get to the agency Board chaired by the Vice President. In a few cases where Presidential approval is required, the Director-General must seek such approval from the President, through the Vice President. These rules have always guided the activities of statutory agencies and the ones under the Vice President’s supervision have always been so guided.  

To claim that in the first term of the Buhari administration, agencies of government have not been complying with the provisions (of getting final approvals from the President) is false, and the attempt to suggest the Vice President’s complicity in such irregularities is simply mischievous and reprehensible.

The effective and mutually respecting relationship between the President and the Vice President is well known to Nigerians and it is futile to insinuate otherwise. 

Even though the Vice President has a statutory role as Board Chairman of some government agencies under his office, with appropriate approval limits, which often do not include contract approvals; it is ludicrous to even insinuate that a Board Chairman approves contracts.

Evidently, the Federal Executive Council, which oversees Federal Ministries and agencies of government, is chaired by the President, and it is in its purview to approve or ratify award of contracts within the prescribed threshold. 

The Vice President remains committed to the service of his fatherland and will continue to do so despite the purveyors of fake news. We urge
media organizations, as gatekeepers to uphold truth, balance, fairness and objectivity in their reports.

LAOLU AKANDE
Senior Special Assistant to the President
Office of the Vice President
Sept 17, 2019

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Report Insinuating Vice President Didn't Follow Due Process In Supervision Of Ag by Nobody: 7:56pm On Sep 17, 2019
Reports here and there, We are just in a cage in here. A cage controlled by the media, government and elites. Whatever they want us to react on and how is how they get us controlled.

Meanwhile,

Read this and motivate yourself through this journey of life!

Too late to quit now...

Have i decided? Yes!
Through this fire, snow, even this hurricane.... I'm decided. I won't stop pushing beyond every obstacles. This boundary? What about it...? I had seen many die for not having faith, but me? I won't stop till i get through this wires. I've set my gaze only on winning. Tell me why i shouldn't die just to grab my goal. I'm decided! I'll give it all to be in my dreams.

If you don't run, you'll either get trampled. My friend, they'll mock you, make you feel less human. I'm decided against all odds. I'll say no to quitting.
One more hurdle, even if they come in hundreds. I'll give it all, i mean all it takes to be in this numerous good dreams.

Many times I've been told to quit, "this road isn't yours to ply" many times I've been told to resign to fate, and many times I've said 'i have faith, I'll be there someday'.
Quitters don't win, and winners don't quit.
I'll keep on, I've got faith and I'd only die not to get there.

My destiny isn't a gamble, I'll see it through someday. Why am i not even dead yet? My friend I've seen a friend die when the bullet was meant for me. Who says i still don't have a purpose?
Over yonder, over that river is home... Lonely, very lonely road. I'm afraid of plying it, fear is a very bad thing, now I've learnt it's too late to quit! The least I'll do is to try. Why shouldn't i? I'm in the world already. Every stroke it takes, im taking it!
I've been harmed and armed with my vision, the only thing i have on my mind now is that celebration. I'm getting there, and will never quit!

Please SHARE till it gets to that person who's ready to quit!
Re: Report Insinuating Vice President Didn't Follow Due Process In Supervision Of Ag by ForeThinker: 7:56pm On Sep 17, 2019
Law na law
Re: Report Insinuating Vice President Didn't Follow Due Process In Supervision Of Ag by Teewhy2: 7:56pm On Sep 17, 2019
To every � there is smoke . The vice President activities has been reduced lately.

2 Likes

Re: Report Insinuating Vice President Didn't Follow Due Process In Supervision Of Ag by festacman(m): 7:56pm On Sep 17, 2019
The truth of the matter is that in presidential system of government, the Vice President is a 'spare tyre'. Osinbajo himself being a legal luminary knows that much.

Consequently, during the first four years, the main tyre (Buhari) was in bad shape (ailing) needing vulnaniser attention (medicare). To keep the car moving, the spare tyre (Osinbajo) was fixed to the wheel. Now, that the main tyre (Buhari) is back stronger (healthy and fit) than even before, it is only natural that it (Buhari) takes its due place in line with manual specifications (constitution).

I am sure there is no strategic session with Economic Advisory Council that Osinbajo will not attend and participate actively. Buhari is not power-hungry. He shares the stage.

No cause for alarm. Next Level is assured.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Report Insinuating Vice President Didn't Follow Due Process In Supervision Of Ag by dadebayo1(m): 7:57pm On Sep 17, 2019
Hmmmmmmm grin one thing i have learnt from the version of politics played in Nigeria.... Rumors can be partially true at times..

1 Like

Re: Report Insinuating Vice President Didn't Follow Due Process In Supervision Of Ag by Nobody: 7:57pm On Sep 17, 2019
Rumors are spread by fools and believe by bastards, so says the wise man.
Wailers. una lying lives getting worse everyday.
From wailing to lying, miserable lives.

3 Likes

Re: Report Insinuating Vice President Didn't Follow Due Process In Supervision Of Ag by LegendHero(m): 7:57pm On Sep 17, 2019
"Even though the Vice President has a statutory role as Board Chairman of some government agencies under his office, with appropriate approval limits, which often do not include contract approvals; it is ludicrous to even insinuate that a Board Chairman approves contracts."

The mainstream news media in Nigeria now is no different from a blog website. They just dish out rubbish news with ridiculous headlines without any iota of dignity. They feast on the educated illiterate readers and dish out sensational headlines as click bait.

In Nigeria presently, you have to confirm news multiple times coz there is always a rebuttal before the end of day. These days people don't trust news from Tribune, Punch, Guardian, premium times, and Sahara Reporters.

2 Likes

Re: Report Insinuating Vice President Didn't Follow Due Process In Supervision Of Ag by Charleys: 7:57pm On Sep 17, 2019
How can he follow due process when he's sharing #10,000 all over the country and giving condolences everywhere. Including Robert Mugabe.

The president understands.

1 Like

Re: Report Insinuating Vice President Didn't Follow Due Process In Supervision Of Ag by positivelord: 7:57pm On Sep 17, 2019
V.P should exepct more knock after the supreme court judgement....thats if the court fails to do the needful

1 Like

Re: Report Insinuating Vice President Didn't Follow Due Process In Supervision Of Ag by hisexcellency34: 7:57pm On Sep 17, 2019
Abba Kyari is the de facto VP

1 Like

Re: Report Insinuating Vice President Didn't Follow Due Process In Supervision Of Ag by Maldini212(m): 7:58pm On Sep 17, 2019
Cowhari gay partner

Fake afonja pastor

1 Like

Re: Report Insinuating Vice President Didn't Follow Due Process In Supervision Of Ag by AutoReportNG: 8:00pm On Sep 17, 2019
I knew a rebrutal is fast coming, Laolu doesn't waste time when it comes to Osibanjo...

3 Likes

Re: Report Insinuating Vice President Didn't Follow Due Process In Supervision Of Ag by seunlayi(m): 8:01pm On Sep 17, 2019
Who cares about this govt? Waiting for 2013
Re: Report Insinuating Vice President Didn't Follow Due Process In Supervision Of Ag by NaijaNaWaa: 8:02pm On Sep 17, 2019
It's definitely getting hot in there
Re: Report Insinuating Vice President Didn't Follow Due Process In Supervision Of Ag by Enyimbamercedes: 8:03pm On Sep 17, 2019
Oh pleasssssseeeee... the VP now reports to the Chief of Staff. The Economic Management Team he headed is now dissolved and The Economic Advisory Council reports to the Presi.... Abba Kyari.

He also has been directed to seek approvals from the Pre.... Abba Kyari

Please the VP has outlived his usefulness ... stop making noise and go and sit down

SW... see your life in the open!!!

4 Likes

Re: Report Insinuating Vice President Didn't Follow Due Process In Supervision Of Ag by RichDad1(m): 8:04pm On Sep 17, 2019
Wailers will still wail. ��
Re: Report Insinuating Vice President Didn't Follow Due Process In Supervision Of Ag by Lanre4uonly(m): 8:05pm On Sep 17, 2019
Ok. It is noted.
Re: Report Insinuating Vice President Didn't Follow Due Process In Supervision Of Ag by Minjim: 8:08pm On Sep 17, 2019
dadebayo1:
Hmmmmmmm grin one thing i have learnt from the version of politics played in Nigeria.... Rumors can be partially true at times..

Especially when it favours ur narration

Re: Report Insinuating Vice President Didn't Follow Due Process In Supervision Of Ag by sapientia(m): 8:13pm On Sep 17, 2019
FG that can deny anything.

Not that I believe the first news but you guys are more jokers than the people spreading the news.

Then, not that I don't believe them because Osibanjo is a lying hypocrite.
Re: Report Insinuating Vice President Didn't Follow Due Process In Supervision Of Ag by sammyj: 8:16pm On Sep 17, 2019
grin Children of hates and chest beaters how market. Hope they sleep well tonight
Re: Report Insinuating Vice President Didn't Follow Due Process In Supervision Of Ag by Frankyboy1(m): 8:18pm On Sep 17, 2019
Ok
Re: Report Insinuating Vice President Didn't Follow Due Process In Supervision Of Ag by kross01(m): 8:45pm On Sep 17, 2019
My only concern is, if there is /was no problem as this release portrays, why then did it become necessary for the presidency to release the earlier report for the VP to seek approvals from the president. I sense there is a dangerous game of politics currently being orchestrated in the villa, how far the actors are willing to go and who ultimately becomes the victim(s) is what we will soon know. God bless thee Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Report Insinuating Vice President Didn't Follow Due Process In Supervision Of Ag by hardeytarhyour(m): 8:59pm On Sep 17, 2019
Their main Aim is to Plant Discord in Presidency..

I don't get it, you are the one that chose them in the name of your Process. And you want to destabilize your Country because of your hatred to the current Administration and Its Leader. And still be calling yourself a citizen

WHAT A BAD CITIZEN!
YOU ARE ALSO AGENT OF DEVIL!
Re: Report Insinuating Vice President Didn't Follow Due Process In Supervision Of Ag by lagdmark(m): 9:04pm On Sep 17, 2019
hisexcellency34:
Abba Kyari is the de facto VP
Na so. Who no know go know.

1 Like

Re: Report Insinuating Vice President Didn't Follow Due Process In Supervision Of Ag by seunmsg(m): 9:19pm On Sep 17, 2019
This is not looking good. I will wait till events unfolds fully before taking a position. Whatever the case is, we stan the Vice President.

1 Like

Re: Report Insinuating Vice President Didn't Follow Due Process In Supervision Of Ag by akdjr(m): 9:34pm On Sep 17, 2019
I know the Yoruba's to be prudent and very wise. I am sure they understand that there is a sinister move by some element of those who don't want to be associated with the progressive just to make sure they don't get much support for 2023 presidency. They always try to set SW against the North which I know won't work as long as the SW put their thinking cap on.
Re: Report Insinuating Vice President Didn't Follow Due Process In Supervision Of Ag by TheStarsAlign: 9:36pm On Sep 17, 2019
Abeg, do as you like. Na your time
Re: Report Insinuating Vice President Didn't Follow Due Process In Supervision Of Ag by Racoon(m): 9:43pm On Sep 17, 2019
This is just damage control by the Buhari presidency.VP Osinbajo has always been a stooge.Abba Kyari is running things.

1 Like

Re: Report Insinuating Vice President Didn't Follow Due Process In Supervision Of Ag by FarahAideed: 11:43pm On Sep 17, 2019
seunmsg:
This is not looking good. I will wait till events unfolds fully before taking a position. Whatever the case is, we stan the Vice President.

Atleast you are realistic unlike your fellow BMS

(1) (2) (Reply)

Osinbajo: Expose Govt Officials Making Business Difficult / Our Incoming Presido And His Beautiful First Lady / Alliance Of Igbo Youths Accuse Fg Of "toying" With Ndigbos Lives

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.