Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,838 members, 7,820,918 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:57 AM

Expiry Of National Identity Card - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Expiry Of National Identity Card (8896 Views)

FG Unveils Plans To Launch A New National Identity Card With Special Features / Is The Improved National Identity Card Slip Acceptable For Verifications? / Isa Pantami: Nigeria To Replace National Identity Card With Digital Number (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Expiry Of National Identity Card by Wallade(m): 10:45am On Feb 26, 2020
Hello people, I got this message from NIMC today and it got me wondering especially when there is no expiry date on my card.

The message:
Dear Cardholder,your National e-ID Card expired on 31-01-2020.Visit any NIMC Office for renewal @ a fee of N5,000. For more info,call 08157691214 or 08157691071

The annoying and ridiculous manner in which the Buhari govt exploit Nigerians is getting at me. Why should National Identity Card expire?

Besides, they will not see me at their office.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Expiry Of National Identity Card by bigtt76(f): 10:57am On Feb 26, 2020
There's an expiry date on it located beneath the 16 digit PAN in front of the MasterCard branded ID undecided ....Actually the expiry date is tied to the prepaid wallet function of the card and not your data itself.

Wallade:
Hello people, I got this message from NIMC today and it got me wondering especially when there is no expiry date on my card.

The message:
Dear Cardholder,your National e-ID Card expired on 31-01-2020.Visit any NIMC Office for renewal @ a fee of N5,000. For more info,call 08157691214 or 08157691071

The annoying and ridiculous manner in which the Buhari govt exploit Nigerians is getting at me. Why should National Identity Card expire?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Expiry Of National Identity Card by Wallade(m): 11:34am On Feb 26, 2020
bigtt76:
There's an expiry date on it located beneath the 16 digit PAN in front of the MasterCard branded ID undecided ....Actually the expiry date is tied to the prepaid wallet function of the card and not your data itself.

Please excuse my error, the expiry date is actually on it as you described.

However, I am still wondering why it should expire and I have to pay 5k for renewal.

Anyway, they will not see me in their office until further notice.
Re: Expiry Of National Identity Card by motorola(m): 11:48am On Feb 26, 2020
Its a scam please dont fall for it please and please report that to any nimc office, take care
Wallade:

The message:

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Expiry Of National Identity Card by orisa37: 12:11pm On Feb 26, 2020
BUHARI has destroyed NIGERIA.

1 Like

Re: Expiry Of National Identity Card by GamalNasser: 12:14pm On Feb 26, 2020
Never seen a more useless leader than this Buhari

3 Likes

Re: Expiry Of National Identity Card by bigtt76(f): 12:59pm On Feb 26, 2020
cheesy your passport expires naaa likewise this one. Its a security requirement that all identification documents are re-validated at given intervals to make sure the document owner is still alive and or if any of his/her biometric features are still intact or recapture changes

Wallade:

Please excuse my error, the expiry date is actually on it as you described.

However, I am still wondering why it should expire and I have to pay 5k for renewal.

Anyway, they will not see me in their office until further notice.

1 Like

Re: Expiry Of National Identity Card by ican2020: 2:15pm On Feb 26, 2020
The card is worthless, it does not contain the Nin number and I will not bother to renew when it expires
Re: Expiry Of National Identity Card by Kennyprince: 2:28pm On Feb 26, 2020
Bro Na 419

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Expiry Of National Identity Card by Wallade(m): 3:31pm On Feb 26, 2020
bigtt76:
cheesy your passport expires naaa likewise this one. Its a security requirement that all identification documents are re-validated at given intervals to make sure the document owner is still alive and or if any of his/her biometric features are still intact or recapture changes

So I must pay for the verification or renewal. How many avenues does the government intend to develop for the purpose of extorting Nigerians? I can now presume that this government will also charge a fee for voters card too.

There are other ways to generate income without extorting Nigerians.
Re: Expiry Of National Identity Card by bigtt76(f): 4:23pm On Feb 26, 2020
The card itself is not a compulsory identification tool ....only your NIN (which is not displayed on the card itself ubt embedded in it) that is key

Wallade:

So I must pay for the verification or renewal. How many avenues does the government intend to develop for the purpose of extorting Nigerians? I can now presume that this government will also charge a fee for voters card too.

There are other ways to generate income without extorting Nigerians.
Re: Expiry Of National Identity Card by Wallade(m): 6:59pm On Feb 26, 2020
bigtt76:
The card itself is not a compulsory identification tool ....only your NIN (which is not displayed on the card itself ubt embedded in it) that is key

Thank you so much. I don't see the "key" oh. I would rather pay for my international passport and drivers license but not National Identity Card
Re: Expiry Of National Identity Card by bigtt76(f): 10:04pm On Feb 26, 2020
Exactly! International Passport is the best option but you need your NIN to get that too.

Wallade:

Thank you so much. I don't see the "key" oh. I would rather pay for my international passport and drivers license but not National Identity Card
Re: Expiry Of National Identity Card by Wallade(m): 8:12am On Feb 27, 2020
bigtt76:
Exactly! International Passport is the best option but you need your NIN to get that too.

Madam, I have my international passport. I don't need the NIN

1 Like

Re: Expiry Of National Identity Card by thatsleepboy1: 8:46am On Feb 27, 2020
What can I say? I'm only a togolese born in Nigeria by a Nigerian mother.
Re: Expiry Of National Identity Card by bigtt76(f): 10:35am On Feb 27, 2020
When your passport is due for renewal, you will require it. Banks would soon start requesting same for your bank accounts to be updated but its okay if you don't need it though cheesy

Wallade:

Madam, I have my international passport. I don't need the NIN

1 Like

Re: Expiry Of National Identity Card by Wallade(m): 10:56am On Feb 27, 2020
bigtt76:
When your passport is due for renewal, you will require it. Banks would soon start requesting same for your bank accounts to be updated but its okay if you don't need it though cheesy

Thank you. I don't want it. You probably work with them. Your organization designed means to exploit Nigerians. The money charged by NIS for international passport is going to the government yet you want to charge again for NIN. That is wicked and ridiculous.

You are trying to force Nigerians to pay for NIN.

2 Likes

Re: Expiry Of National Identity Card by bigtt76(f): 4:57pm On Feb 27, 2020
That's the problem with Nigerians ...where did I point out that I work with them? Does everyone helping people out here work with the agency or organization they're try to explain things out to people?

For example, does @justwise or work with UK High Commission or other embassies such that he's assisting people on here applying for Visas? For your information I have NIN though the card has expired, I've not received a notification like you did which was what drew my attention to your post and I thought I was having a constructive discourse with a reasonable mind but I guess you're too myopic to understand these things but I was wrong.

For the last time ...your NIN does not expire its permanent and for life. Your ID Card is what expires and its not compulsory you have one if you've got other IDs to use. Like me I have my PVC and International Passport. If I need a backup ID I will renew my National ID ...its your choice to do same if you wish to.

Have a good day!

Wallade:

Thank you. I don't want it. You probably work with them. Your organization designed means to exploit Nigerians. The money charged by NIS for international passport is going to the government yet you want to charge again for NIN. That is wicked and ridiculous.

You are trying to force Nigerians to pay for NIN.

1 Like

Re: Expiry Of National Identity Card by bigtt76(f): 5:01pm On Feb 27, 2020
Anoda angu ....but how do they know you have got an ID that has expired?

motorola:
Its a scam please dont fall for it please and please report that to any nimc office, take care
Re: Expiry Of National Identity Card by wwwihy: 5:21pm On Feb 27, 2020
bigtt76:
Anoda angu ....but how do they know you have got an ID that has expired?

Because they have insiders collaborators, doing the dirty jobs and dishing info
Re: Expiry Of National Identity Card by Cyrilade01: 3:02pm On Mar 11, 2020
Please how do I replace missing national ID,I mean d print out slip that was given initially.
Re: Expiry Of National Identity Card by Sijo01(f): 9:45am On Jan 04, 2021
I was about creating a thread on this but decided to use google search before doing so.

@bigtt76 thanks for the enlightenment.

My card expired in May 2020. With what you explained above, I don't think renewing it is an option for now.

Didn't even know my NIN is not on the card till now. I actually thought the boldly written16 digit is my NIN.

You mentioned above that the NIN is not displayed on the card itself but embedded in it. How do I locate this please? I want to compare with what MTN gave me before I proceed with the linking.

I'll appreciate your prompt response, please.
Re: Expiry Of National Identity Card by romenna: 10:09am On Jan 04, 2021
Sijo01:
I was about creating a thread on this but decided to use google search before doing so.

My card expired in May 2020. With what you explained above, I don't think renewing it is an option for now.

Didn't even know my NIN is not on the card till now. I actually thought the boldly written16 digit is my NIN.

You mentioned above that the NIN is not displayed on the card itself but embedded in it. How do I locate this please? I want to compare with what MTN gave me before I proceed with the linking.

someone please respond to this.
Re: Expiry Of National Identity Card by bigtt76(f): 12:12pm On Jan 04, 2021
Your NIN is not on the card but rather the temporary slip issued to you on successful registration at NIMC or its agents offices.

The number on the card is the card PAN issued by Master Card for prepaid function.

If you have a GTBank account, it's most likely captured on your account profile. Pls check there.

Sijo01:

Re: Expiry Of National Identity Card by bigtt76(f): 12:14pm On Jan 04, 2021
Your NIN is not on the card but rather the temporary slip issued to you on successful registration at NIMC or its agents offices.

The number on the card is the card PAN issued by Master Card for prepaid function.

If you have a GTBank account, it's most likely captured on your account profile. Pls check there.

You can also dial *346# on the mobile number you used for the registration or your BVN

romenna:
someone please respond to this.
Re: Expiry Of National Identity Card by Sijo01(f): 12:21pm On Jan 04, 2021
bigtt76:

Don't have the temporary slip again. I think it was retrieved when I was issued the card years ago

I don't have a GTB account. Any other way, please?
Re: Expiry Of National Identity Card by romenna: 12:30pm On Jan 04, 2021
bigtt76:

You can also dial *346# on the mobile number you used for the registration or your BVN

Thanks. I have my nin from MTN. But how can I confirm it with nimc without going to their covid19 prone offices due to large crowd
Re: Expiry Of National Identity Card by Weneda(m): 12:54pm On Jan 04, 2021
Sijo01:

You fit check your National Identification Number NIN just by using USSD code on your phone. Di National Identity Management Commission ask Nigerians to use dial *346# to retrieve dia NIN number. Dail the code with the number u use during registration and is #20 for the charge
Re: Expiry Of National Identity Card by Sijo01(f): 1:02pm On Jan 04, 2021
Weneda:

You fit check your National Identification Number NIN just by using USSD code on your phone. Di National Identity Management Commission ask Nigerians to use dial *346# to retrieve dia NIN number. Dail the code with the number u use during registration and is #20 for the charge

I've done that. Just wanted to double check if the NIN really mine.
Re: Expiry Of National Identity Card by orisa37: 1:23pm On Jan 04, 2021
IT'S BUHARI'S SCRIPT OF RIFA-RUGA ISLAMISATION FULANISATION AND ANARCHY.. THEY'RE ALL DEMENTED IN THIS GOVERNMENT. HOW CAN BUHARI GIVE FREE NIC TO FULANI HERDSMEN FROM NIGER REPUBLIC AND CHARGE ME, SON OF THE SOIL N5000?
Re: Expiry Of National Identity Card by Weneda(m): 1:51pm On Jan 04, 2021
Sijo01:

I've done that. Just wanted to double check if the NIN really actually mine.
Alright
Re: Expiry Of National Identity Card by Kingkenny44: 3:18pm On Jul 24, 2022
Weneda:

Please what if you lost the number used in registering the NIN what should I do?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Grass Cutting Scandal: Workers Sue Firm Linked To Babachir / 2023: Allow Nigerians Vote On Merit, Not Religious Persuasion, Group Urges CAN / How Funsho Williams Was Killed. (pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.