Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,156 members, 7,849,585 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 04:09 AM

Osinbajo Stripped Of Powers Over NEMA, Other Agencies - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Osinbajo Stripped Of Powers Over NEMA, Other Agencies (32793 Views)

Undermining Separation Of Powers: Governors Tighten Grip On State Assemblies / FG To Disband FRSC, Christians Pilgrimage, Hajj Commission, Five Other Agencies / EFCC And ICPC Stripped Of Powers To Seize Assets In Corruption Cases (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Osinbajo Stripped Of Powers Over NEMA, Other Agencies by sogodihno: 7:54am On Sep 18, 2019
otipoju:
After they strip the mere commissioner of any semblance of power, they will come for the puppet's master who lives by the Lagoon.

The mere commissioner that ur father and mother can't even lace his boot. Continue

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osinbajo Stripped Of Powers Over NEMA, Other Agencies by richworth(m): 7:54am On Sep 18, 2019
Yoruba and land self, make a mental pictures removing IGBO in Lagos you will have nothing left of Lagos. Monthly revenue from all IGBO shops in Lagos markets is over 100billion. Remove that figures from Lagos IGR.
"Biri kam biri"live and let others live.
Re: Osinbajo Stripped Of Powers Over NEMA, Other Agencies by FarahAideed: 7:57am On Sep 18, 2019
vedaxcool:
Fake news overload, despite the government rebuttal mainstream media have to pursue some idiotic agenda by some morons.

You call Laolus response a govt rebuttal? That was an aide defending his principal ..well you can keep living in denial as usual
Re: Osinbajo Stripped Of Powers Over NEMA, Other Agencies by gazza07(m): 8:06am On Sep 18, 2019
If igbos say biafra or shout it, your stupid president will send army in the name of operation python dance and u and your tribesmen will rejoice and for your stupid mind, they won't go anywhere! Stupidity is the way Yoruba ppl serves hausa Fulani and loose and at the very end. Duluded minds
Re: Osinbajo Stripped Of Powers Over NEMA, Other Agencies by gazza07(m): 8:07am On Sep 18, 2019
sogodihno:

The mere commissioner that ur father and mother can't even lace his boot. Continue
and you and your family are born to lace boots/shoes..

Boot lacers grin grin
Re: Osinbajo Stripped Of Powers Over NEMA, Other Agencies by gazza07(m): 8:11am On Sep 18, 2019
I love buhari
I love el-rufai
I love the north

The way they use Yoruba and dumb shld be a case in universities. North are political master of so called educated Yoruba tribe. One man tribe, Tinubu tribe.

Tueh!!! undecided undecided

3 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Stripped Of Powers Over NEMA, Other Agencies by NaijaRoyalty(m): 8:12am On Sep 18, 2019
Buhari be like, "Osinbanjo boy, come and become president let me see na". cheesy
Re: Osinbajo Stripped Of Powers Over NEMA, Other Agencies by blueghost(m): 8:15am On Sep 18, 2019
Keep deceiving yourself sad
Re: Osinbajo Stripped Of Powers Over NEMA, Other Agencies by sogodihno: 8:17am On Sep 18, 2019
gazza07:
and you and your family are born to lace boots/shoes..

Boot lacers grin grin

I overestimated ur IQ, u should know it is a parable

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo Stripped Of Powers Over NEMA, Other Agencies by AFONJAPIG(m): 8:18am On Sep 18, 2019
2023 I will be thousands of miles away watching them on Television destroying themselves

The fight go sweet ooo... Masters vs Slaves Fight, this one go sweet pass motal combat grin

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo Stripped Of Powers Over NEMA, Other Agencies by 2016v2017: 8:18am On Sep 18, 2019
ZombieTAMER:
the woes of the Abuja houseboy continue

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo Stripped Of Powers Over NEMA, Other Agencies by Evercurious(f): 8:20am On Sep 18, 2019
Bluntemperor:
what is the story about? VP Oshinbajo was striped of power?over what? Agencies?Biko,lets hear word.VP should not worry unnecessarily because,its God that got him there and few Nigerians who wants to destabilize the government can continue to rant.The VP had been tested and proven as a good Ambassador when Buhari was terribly sick and nowhere then.Those who are thinking of 2023 are enemies of Nigeria and they should go to Buhari and beg him while he couldn't not talk to Nigerians at all times,since Ministers and the rest now reports to his chief of staff.what a nation.VP sir,God will continue to confuse and expose your enemies and only Him will fight for you.God bless Nigeria.

PLS STOP CONSOLING YOURSELF. DID GOD SEND HIM TO KEEP TELLING LIES?

PASTOR INDEED

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo Stripped Of Powers Over NEMA, Other Agencies by PureFace1(m): 8:24am On Sep 18, 2019
There Propaganda is not going to do any sh!t
Re: Osinbajo Stripped Of Powers Over NEMA, Other Agencies by freemi(m): 8:25am On Sep 18, 2019
DMerciful:
The bug that eats the garden egg is not far from the garden egg. Tinubu hand dey this matter ahead of 2023! If you know you know!
osinbajo will resign soon

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo Stripped Of Powers Over NEMA, Other Agencies by adecz: 8:28am On Sep 18, 2019
Oga TraderMoni™, how market? grin grin grin grin grin grin

Dem use you to bribe traders & poor Nigerians
before election, dem don win elections
for polls & tribunal..

You & your Jagaba are now irrelevant
until 2O23!!

Fowler is also on his way out..

See una life??

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osinbajo Stripped Of Powers Over NEMA, Other Agencies by PureFace1(m): 8:28am On Sep 18, 2019
This news have a Political Undertone they should let's us rest
Re: Osinbajo Stripped Of Powers Over NEMA, Other Agencies by PureFace1(m): 8:28am On Sep 18, 2019
Princedapace:

Come enugu, Yorubas full there.

Keep deceiving yourself
Re: Osinbajo Stripped Of Powers Over NEMA, Other Agencies by Wada3: 8:38am On Sep 18, 2019
Another falsehood against the Vice President that was busted. The VP will continue to wax stronger
Re: Osinbajo Stripped Of Powers Over NEMA, Other Agencies by Princedapace(m): 8:43am On Sep 18, 2019
PureFace1:

Keep deceiving yourself

What is keep deceiving ur self? U sre the one deceiving ur self. I served in delta state, agbor precisely. There is full area hugely dominated by yorubas there. In fact, u will think u are in South west. I do go there to buy agbo to drink.

One of the guys who played a major role during my wedding early this year na Yoruba who is based in Agbor before he migrated to Sapele where he built his house. In my department back in UNN where obtained my degree, we had some yorubas in our class. Many yorubas Dey UNN. I schooled in enugu and yorubas full there.

Go to aba, u will see many yorubas too. Anambra nkor? Dude, travel, okay.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Osinbajo Stripped Of Powers Over NEMA, Other Agencies by Nobody: 8:43am On Sep 18, 2019
Gten:
Next level shit. Fear the north, it's in the Bible.

Your quote is not in the Bible.

The Bible says, fear not.
Re: Osinbajo Stripped Of Powers Over NEMA, Other Agencies by Stillthebest: 8:45am On Sep 18, 2019
kiss

Total overhaul of the govt agencies. I am actually not impressed by Osinbajo achievements anyway so I'm not surprised. A prof of law who couldn't distinguish himself but descend so low to be sharing money up and down in the market, being ridiculed and relegated to the lowest cadre of the society.

Yet, ppl will claim he was being loyal. There is a difference between being loyal and knowing ur worth.

I remember my first employment. My boss has alot of establishments in Abj. When he hired me, he asked me to work in a place I never liked even among the numerous that I had loved.

I just showed my disapproval with total gentleness. Hr claimed I should still manage it for sometimes, but I knew once I started there I would end up there. I didn't say a thing further. I just watched him leave then I left.

In the evening, he called me why I left and I respectfully told him that I prefer to work in his farm, than that place. "en en en" he said. Being an Igbo man the he is and wanted effectiveness of your service. He knew I wouldn't perform in the previous place if I had tried to stay.

He simply asked m to come the following morning, then, made me a project manager of his construction company.

This is self worth. I will ever resign in a place where I am less valued.

2 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Stripped Of Powers Over NEMA, Other Agencies by Wada3: 8:45am On Sep 18, 2019
Another scam by the corrupt elements trying to distract the Vice President busted
Re: Osinbajo Stripped Of Powers Over NEMA, Other Agencies by PureFace1(m): 8:49am On Sep 18, 2019
Princedapace:

What is keep deceiving ur self? U sre the one deceiving ur self. I served in delta state, agbor precisely. There is full area hugely dominated by yorubas there. In fact, u will think u are in South west. I do go there to buy agbo to drink. I

One of the guys who played a major role during my wedding early this year na Yoruba who is based in Agbor before he migrated to Sapele where he built his house. In my department back in UNN where obtained my degree, we had some yorubas in our class. Many yorubas Dey UNN. I schooled in enugu and yorubas full there.

Go to aba, u will see many yorubas too. Anambra nkor? Dude, travel, okay.

There is a Yoruboid tribe In Delta State call Itshekiri so you may think they are Yoruba from South West

But that Enugu is a lie because I have been to Enugu

At least I spent 2 weeks in Enugu

In fact I have been to three states in South east and I know what I am saying when I say you are lying

There are some Yoruba in South East but saying they are full there is just a lie
Re: Osinbajo Stripped Of Powers Over NEMA, Other Agencies by murecool(m): 8:51am On Sep 18, 2019
REPORT INSINUATING VICE PRESIDENT DIDN'T FOLLOW DUE PROCESS IN SUPERVISION OF AGENCIES UNDER HIM IS FALSE

(Re: Buhari directs Osinbajo to seek approvals for agencies under him)

Our attention has been drawn to a sensational report by The Cable which claims that His Excellency, President Muhammadu Buhari, has directed Vice President Yemi Osinbajo, SAN, to seek approvals for agencies under him.

The report suggests, falsely, that agencies under the supervision of the Vice President do not normally comply with established rules where presidential approvals are required.

This is obviously misleading and aims only to plant seeds of discord in the Presidency while attempting to create unnecessary national hysteria.

The agencies in question are established by law and the Vice President has always insisted on due compliance with the enabling statutes and other established regulations.

Depending on the particular scope of activity in question, agencies may require management approval only, at the level of the Director General or Chief Executive Officer. In this category falls the great majority of their day-to-day activities.

However, other activities, or procurements, with value exceeding a certain threshold, require Board approval. These may get to the agency Board chaired by the Vice President. In a few cases where Presidential approval is required, the Director-General must seek such approval from the President, through the Vice President. These rules have always guided the activities of statutory agencies and the ones under the Vice President’s supervision have always been so guided.

To claim that in the first term of the Buhari administration, agencies of government have not been complying with the provisions (of getting final approvals from the President) is false, and the attempt to suggest the Vice President’s complicity in such irregularities is simply mischievous and reprehensible.

The effective and mutually respecting relationship between the President and the Vice President is well known to Nigerians and it is futile to insinuate otherwise.

Even though the Vice President has a statutory role as Board Chairman of some government agencies under his office, with appropriate approval limits, which often do not include contract approvals; it is ludicrous to even insinuate that a Board Chairman approves contracts.

Evidently, the Federal Executive Council, which oversees Federal Ministries and agencies of government, is chaired by the President, and it is in its purview to approve or ratify award of contracts within the prescribed threshold.

The Vice President remains committed to the service of his fatherland and will continue to do so despite the purveyors of fake news. We urge
media organizations, as gatekeepers to uphold truth, balance, fairness and objectivity in their reports.

LAOLU AKANDE
Senior Special Assistant to the President
Office of the Vice President
Sept 17, 2019
Re: Osinbajo Stripped Of Powers Over NEMA, Other Agencies by Princedapace(m): 8:54am On Sep 18, 2019
PureFace1:

There is a Yoruboid tribe In Delta State call Itshekiri

But that Enugu is a lie because I have been to Enugu

At least I spent 2 weeks in Enugu

are u alright at all? How? There are yorubas transferred to enugu by FG who work and raised families there. Ur replies only showed how myopic u are. Most of those yorubas in agbor I'm talking about are from osun states. We gist a lot. The guy I told u about who played a huge role in my wedding is from osun state. He stayed in agbor before moving to sapele where he built his house. He is married to an abia woman and they have three kids.

One of my departmental guy, a yoruba guy from ekiti state is currently staying in nsukka now and has started life there. Becus u have been to enugu for two weeks, u now know enugu. Guy, Yoruba men and women plenty for aba, onitcha enugu. They are doing business, mainly in herbal niche. I won't argue with u again I can see u aren't really out of ur ethnic sentiment. Very crazy u could actually make such reply.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Osinbajo Stripped Of Powers Over NEMA, Other Agencies by Bimpe29: 8:59am On Sep 18, 2019
Politics is more difficult game to play than scrabble.
Re: Osinbajo Stripped Of Powers Over NEMA, Other Agencies by PureFace1(m): 9:00am On Sep 18, 2019
Princedapace:

are u alright at all? How? There are yorubas transferred to enugu by FG who work and raised families there. Ur replies only showed how myopic u are. Most of those yorubas in agbor I'm talking about are from osun states. We gist a lot. The guy I told u about who played a huge role in my wedding is from osun state. He stayed in agbor before moving to sapele where he built his house. He is married to an abia woman and they have three kids.

One of my departmental guy, a yoruba guy from ekiti state is currently staying in nsukka now and has started life there. Becus u have been to enugu for two weeks, u now know enugu. Guy, Yoruba men and women plenty for aba, onitcha enugu. They are doing business, mainly in herbal niche. I won't argue with u again I can see u aren't really out of ur ethnic sentiment. Very crazy u could actually make such reply.

I am not saying there are no Yoruba in South East because that would just be stupid but saying they full there is just a lie

I have been to three state in South East and I know what I am saying

And You are the one that said I don't travel

I have traveled to three states in the East and I know what I am saying
Re: Osinbajo Stripped Of Powers Over NEMA, Other Agencies by Omoba41(m): 9:01am On Sep 18, 2019
Thanks man, for giving me a reason to laugh this morning.
glink2015:

Your quote is not in the Bible.

The Bible says, fear not.
Re: Osinbajo Stripped Of Powers Over NEMA, Other Agencies by Nnukwueze: 9:03am On Sep 18, 2019
That's good.
Re: Osinbajo Stripped Of Powers Over NEMA, Other Agencies by bluke(m): 9:08am On Sep 18, 2019
Flyingngel:
This their unseen fight will not add anything to the economy but rather will subtract so many things from it.
All i have to say is that i wish Osibanjo well as he fight for his head in the cocoon of a fierce cabal.

revenge

revenge, revenge. revenge.
But he will overcome.
Re: Osinbajo Stripped Of Powers Over NEMA, Other Agencies by Princedapace(m): 9:13am On Sep 18, 2019
PureFace1:

I am not saying there are no Yoruba in South East because that would just be stupid but saying they full there is just a lie

I have been to three state in South East and I know what I am saying

And You are the one that said I don't travel

I have traveled to three states in the East and I know what I am saying

My brother, them full there. Enter barracks alone u go think u Dey Yoruba market.
Re: Osinbajo Stripped Of Powers Over NEMA, Other Agencies by don4real18(m): 9:22am On Sep 18, 2019
grin In other words, Osibanjo has been told to take directives from Abba Kyari and Co for the management of these agencies.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Osinbajo, Tinubu, Fayemi, Aregbesola Attend APC South West Leaders Parley / 2023: Why Is Buhari Not Campaigning For Tinubu The Way Obasanjo Did For Yaradua? / Osun Indigenes Jubilate After Supreme Court Upheld Gov. Adeleke Win (pics/video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.