Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,605 members, 7,809,217 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:37 AM

Fayose’s Govt Left N57b Unpaid Workers’ Salaries, Pension Arrears, Says Fayemi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fayose’s Govt Left N57b Unpaid Workers’ Salaries, Pension Arrears, Says Fayemi (6236 Views)

Unpaid Workers Stranded At Atiku's Campaign Headquarters In Abuja (Video) / Edo College Union Asks Obaseki To Pay Their 11 Months Salaries & Pension (Pix) / Fayose Planning To Set Me Up, Says Fayemi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fayose’s Govt Left N57b Unpaid Workers’ Salaries, Pension Arrears, Says Fayemi by silverbirdng(f): 7:08am On Sep 18, 2019
FEkiti State Governor Kayode Fayemi said on Tuesday that the workers in the state civil service were being owed N57billion as arrears of unpaid salaries and emoluments.

The governor said this at a meeting he had with the civil servants as well as a cross-section of labour leaders at the Government House, Ado- Ekiti.

He said that his administration was making frantic efforts to defray the backlogs which he said would be done in phases.

The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that Fayemi claimed the trend was caused by irregular payments of salaries and pensions by the immediate past administration of Mr. Ayodele Fayose.

He said the arrears covered outstanding salaries, pensions, promotion arrears, leave bonuses and other emoluments from 2014 till October 2018 when he assumed office.

The governor also said he was not part of the people that were opposed to local government autonomy.

He said the local governments in the state were currently being given unfettered access to administer their own funds without interference from his government.

He said he would honour his earlier pledge to pay all the outstanding workers’ benefits.

He clarified that some would be given immediate attention, while some would be defrayed by instalment.

He said: “It is sad to reel out such a homongous figure, because it can create panic for you and I.

Read Also: Fayemi urged to implement erosion control master plan to curb flooding
“ But let me say that we cannot pay everything in one fell swoop, but the 2019 promotion arrears will be given immediate attention while others will be defrayed by instalment.

“ It becomes difficult to pay once because Ekiti gets a little above N5billion monthly, with the state getting like N3billion, while the local governments receive little above N2billion monthly “, he said.

On the issue of local government autonomy, Fayemi said he was never opposed to the idea of giving financial independence to the third tier of government, being the closest to the grassroots.

“But today, we have less than 500 to manage 22 health facilities across the state.

“The governor must do something about this,” he said.

Some of the other labour union leaders in the state that attended the meeting include: Kolapo Olatunde of the Nigeria Labour Congress (NLC), Sola Adigun of the Trade Union Congress (TUC).

They also pleaded that issues that had to do with the benefits of workers must be given utmost priority.

They urged the governor to use his connection as the Chairman of the Nigeria Governors’ Forum to fast track the implementation of the new minimum wage for workers. He said.

https://punchng.com/fayose-left-n57bn-unpaid-workers-salaries-pension-arrears-fayemi/amp/

Re: Fayose’s Govt Left N57b Unpaid Workers’ Salaries, Pension Arrears, Says Fayemi by Hintboy: 7:26am On Sep 18, 2019
Stc grin
I dedicate this to all gees in the street i tell una one day hustle
go pay... As i reach front page with second commenter tag na so
una hustle go fetch una big time promotions and massive raba tongue tongue

1 Like

Re: Fayose’s Govt Left N57b Unpaid Workers’ Salaries, Pension Arrears, Says Fayemi by olajizz01(m): 7:27am On Sep 18, 2019
No wonder why Ifayose was hailing you.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fayose’s Govt Left N57b Unpaid Workers’ Salaries, Pension Arrears, Says Fayemi by Nobody: 7:27am On Sep 18, 2019
That's huge debt enough to cripple the state next budget.
CHEAP DEAL on a Lexus down my signature.
Re: Fayose’s Govt Left N57b Unpaid Workers’ Salaries, Pension Arrears, Says Fayemi by Abalado(f): 7:27am On Sep 18, 2019
Oga how much did u owed the workers before u left the government in 2014,Fayose paid it all, so stop complaining and make the payment mr dejo

29 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Fayose’s Govt Left N57b Unpaid Workers’ Salaries, Pension Arrears, Says Fayemi by Toscarele: 7:28am On Sep 18, 2019
What is with all these politicians and blaming the ones before them, just do your work and people would appreciate you, no need for trading blames

2 Likes

Re: Fayose’s Govt Left N57b Unpaid Workers’ Salaries, Pension Arrears, Says Fayemi by Truflame: 7:29am On Sep 18, 2019
Governance should be a system that pursues a people driven mandate but in Africa, the reversal is often the case.

1 Like

Re: Fayose’s Govt Left N57b Unpaid Workers’ Salaries, Pension Arrears, Says Fayemi by Royalfurnitures: 7:30am On Sep 18, 2019
Then try and clear them instead of complaining, time is going

Check out my signature for quality and durable furniture for your homes and offices
Re: Fayose’s Govt Left N57b Unpaid Workers’ Salaries, Pension Arrears, Says Fayemi by Nobody: 7:31am On Sep 18, 2019
They should speed up the case of this criminal and send him to prison ASAP.

2 Likes

Re: Fayose’s Govt Left N57b Unpaid Workers’ Salaries, Pension Arrears, Says Fayemi by Crazeworld(m): 7:32am On Sep 18, 2019
grin

Meanwhile, I'm available for your online documents and Print-out Slips. Check my signature
Re: Fayose’s Govt Left N57b Unpaid Workers’ Salaries, Pension Arrears, Says Fayemi by Beat123(f): 7:38am On Sep 18, 2019
No wonder fayose left it there! With such monthly allocation sorry!!

Obviously you guys are no doing anything new! No productivity! What are the civil servant doing? Where is the tax payers cash, bills and all going? You can’t be having such debt with such allocation

Definitely corruption or looting!
Re: Fayose’s Govt Left N57b Unpaid Workers’ Salaries, Pension Arrears, Says Fayemi by Nobody: 7:39am On Sep 18, 2019
Abalado:
Oga how much did u owed the workers before u left the government in 2014,Fayose paid it all, so stop complaining and make the payment mr dejo
you are wrong Mr Man, and mentally touched by calling a person u can never meet his achievement dejo.
back then when fayose was elected as Governor the remaining month allocation for fayemi was stopped that's why he was not able to pay the 2014 September salary and when fayose came in to office he said I can not pay the dept of fayemi. instead for fayose to pay the arrears, he added with the arrears making it 7- 8 month arrears.

9 Likes

Re: Fayose’s Govt Left N57b Unpaid Workers’ Salaries, Pension Arrears, Says Fayemi by fredoooooo: 7:41am On Sep 18, 2019
Oloshi Peteru leave account in siffiaa pain , abet make them arrest that bastard and throw him in a permanent jail angry grin

2 Likes

Re: Fayose’s Govt Left N57b Unpaid Workers’ Salaries, Pension Arrears, Says Fayemi by hisgrace090: 7:42am On Sep 18, 2019
Toscarele:
What is with all these politicians and blaming the ones before them, just do your work and people would appreciate you, no need for trading blames

So there's no need of talking about 57billion naira debt owed by someone in other to maintain gentleman ehh!

2 Likes

Re: Fayose’s Govt Left N57b Unpaid Workers’ Salaries, Pension Arrears, Says Fayemi by healthserve(m): 7:45am On Sep 18, 2019
Abalado:

. Fayemi is a clown who shouldn't be taken seriously

For economic-historians, we should ask Fayemi how much debts his administration owed and was deducted from the source(monthly allocation from FG) as against the amount that was left for Fayose to work with, pensions, infrastructure, salaries.

How fast people forget. Fayemi needs to look back at the financial state Fayose left the state after his first term and if he left humongous debts like he did after his own first term.

I'm not shocked, lazy workers complain about their tools

Cc Abalado
Re: Fayose’s Govt Left N57b Unpaid Workers’ Salaries, Pension Arrears, Says Fayemi by Flyingngel(m): 7:47am On Sep 18, 2019
I can see why Fayose is seeking friendship with Fayemi. You see all this people are the same.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fayose’s Govt Left N57b Unpaid Workers’ Salaries, Pension Arrears, Says Fayemi by abbasajao(m): 7:48am On Sep 18, 2019
No wonder is sending greeting up and down to the Governor

3 Likes

Re: Fayose’s Govt Left N57b Unpaid Workers’ Salaries, Pension Arrears, Says Fayemi by healthserve(m): 7:48am On Sep 18, 2019
passionguy:

you are wrong Mr Man, and mentally touched by calling a person u can never meet his achievement dejo.
back then when fayose was elected as Governor the remaining month allocation for fayemi was stopped that's why he was not able to pay the 2014 September salary and when fayose came in to office he said I can not pay the dept of fayemi. instead for fayose to pay the arrears, he added with the arrears making it 7- 8 month arrears.

Stop spreading falsehood oga. Fayemi left the state almost in shambles with hefty debts deducted from monthly allocations. Leaving the state to struggle. If not for brilliant management, he brought Ekiti to its knees. Go and ask around. If you don't have truths, don't pretend you do. Its annoying to trade lies on issues you have little or misguided information about.

Cc Abalado

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fayose’s Govt Left N57b Unpaid Workers’ Salaries, Pension Arrears, Says Fayemi by baby124: 7:55am On Sep 18, 2019
Please investigate him and recover his loots to resolve the debt.

3 Likes

Re: Fayose’s Govt Left N57b Unpaid Workers’ Salaries, Pension Arrears, Says Fayemi by vibbb: 8:00am On Sep 18, 2019
LOlz, now I understand why Fayose want peace with Fayemi.

2 Likes

Re: Fayose’s Govt Left N57b Unpaid Workers’ Salaries, Pension Arrears, Says Fayemi by Lexusgs430: 8:05am On Sep 18, 2019
This people are not leaders, but looters.........

EFCC should investigate and stop chasing yahoo yahoo boys..........
Re: Fayose’s Govt Left N57b Unpaid Workers’ Salaries, Pension Arrears, Says Fayemi by dermmy(m): 8:15am On Sep 18, 2019
Abalado:

Fayose paid wetin all? undecided Even Fayose owed 2 months salary before leaving and he refused to pay the 2 months Fayemi owed in 2014 before leaving office making it 4 months salary arrears.

1 Like

Re: Fayose’s Govt Left N57b Unpaid Workers’ Salaries, Pension Arrears, Says Fayemi by oyeb15: 8:49am On Sep 18, 2019
Fayose sent Ekiti to the dark ages.

2 Likes

Re: Fayose’s Govt Left N57b Unpaid Workers’ Salaries, Pension Arrears, Says Fayemi by Badmod: 9:07am On Sep 18, 2019
Fayemi and lies....what do I expect from APC Cohorts.
Fayose truly owe Ekiti workers...But its 4 month (that's totally gruesome, I'm not supporting that barbaric act)
But saying He owes 57BN just over 4 years is a big fat lie..
How much do Ekiti with monthly allocation of 2.8BN pays as Salary and pension monthly.
Plus Fayemi forget about the 6 Months He was owing before Fayose take over.
The truth is non of them cares about an average Ekiti man ...
But Fayemi should lie softly.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fayose’s Govt Left N57b Unpaid Workers’ Salaries, Pension Arrears, Says Fayemi by healthserve(m): 9:24am On Sep 18, 2019
Badmod:
Fayemi and lies....what do I expect from APC Cohorts.
Fayose truly owe Ekiti workers...But its 4 month (that's totally gruesome, I'm not supporting that barbaric act)
But saying He owes 57BN just over 4 years is a big fat lie..
How much do Ekiti with monthly allocation of 2.8BN pays as Salary and pension monthly.
Plus Fayemi forget about the 6 Months He was owing before Fayose take over.
The truth is non of them cares about an average Ekiti man ...
But Fayemi should lie softly.

Abi
Re: Fayose’s Govt Left N57b Unpaid Workers’ Salaries, Pension Arrears, Says Fayemi by ultimatekint(m): 9:33am On Sep 18, 2019
Fayemi, are you serious at all? if you are, go and pay or resign.
For God's sake, why are you people taking our precious time in reading unnecessary article? Go and sort it out privately with your brother.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Fayose’s Govt Left N57b Unpaid Workers’ Salaries, Pension Arrears, Says Fayemi by valentineuwakwe(m): 9:43am On Sep 18, 2019
N57b unpaid debts? funny enough now if you ask Fayose now, he will say a different story....so who do we believe here?

(1) (2) (Reply)

See What Yoruba People Are Saying About Tinubu On Facebook / "I Want IPOB To Fail" - Seun Osewa Speaks On Agitation For Biafra / CSU: Hurray, BAT Is Finally Free!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.