Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,471 members, 7,812,449 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:32 PM

Is There A Career In Today's World That Does Not Need Basic Computer Skills? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Is There A Career In Today's World That Does Not Need Basic Computer Skills? (839 Views)

How Lucrative Is Pharmacy As A Career? / Oyo-Ita To Civil Servants: Develop Computer Skills Or Forfeit Promotions / Professional Qualification That Does Not Mean Anything In Nigeria Labour Market (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Is There A Career In Today's World That Does Not Need Basic Computer Skills? by SkillJed(m): 2:16am On Oct 31, 2010
i am a strong advocate of computer skills for all persons in the modern world that we are. as a human resource worker, i'm of the opinion that even if you are a full-time housewife, you need computer skills? is this true or false? if you know any job, career, profession or person in today's world who does not need computer skills? well, i don't know of any. except of course those who can't read and write, and have no plan to do in their lifetime. what do you think?
Re: Is There A Career In Today's World That Does Not Need Basic Computer Skills? by AjanleKoko: 10:23am On Nov 01, 2010
Not quite correct.
You don't really need computer skills to be a good mechanic or electrical technician, carpenter, farmer, mason, builder, tailor, chef, and so on.
Computer skills complement existing skills. If you don't have the core skills, what use would computers be to you? Else you will be like my current mechanic, who carries around 5 laptops in the name of hi-tech diagnostics, but has struggled to fix the problems I have with the ball joints, tie rod, and the rest of the front assembly of my car.

Let's not get it twisted. Yes, computer skills are good, but core skills are essential, and have nothing to do with computer skills.

(1) (Reply)

Can U Help To Become A Professional Proofreader And Editor? / Things You Should Tell Yourself / Question

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.