Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,929 members, 7,814,145 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 07:42 AM

Meaning Of The Abbreviation, "OP" Commonly Used On Nairaland - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Meaning Of The Abbreviation, "OP" Commonly Used On Nairaland (2896 Views)

(surprise) Test Your Knowledge Of Slang Words And Codes Used On The Social Media / Easy Steps To Change The PHP Version Used On Your Account / Drop A Wordpress URL And I'll Tell You The Themes And Plugins Used On It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Meaning Of The Abbreviation, "OP" Commonly Used On Nairaland by Virginnn(f): 7:51pm On Sep 18, 2019
Been curious for some time regarding the accurate meaning of the abbreviation, op, commonly used to name the poster of articles.

so I visited Google. it presented me with lots of options, but none fits into the context it is being used here. it directed me to the online forum, reddit.

So ladies and gentlemen, for the first time, I have come to realise that op as used in this forum stands for ORIGINAL POSTER.

I have to post this here because I am certain we still have many like me who were curious but haven't cared to check it out.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Meaning Of The Abbreviation, "OP" Commonly Used On Nairaland by Dathypebruv(m): 8:00pm On Sep 18, 2019
This Misconception you've got is cos you a newbie here IMO buh still you aren't all wrong.................
OP is referred to as Owner'of'Post or Original Poster like you just rightly said

Wel done OP cool .................

5 Likes

Re: Meaning Of The Abbreviation, "OP" Commonly Used On Nairaland by Nobody: 8:02pm On Sep 18, 2019
Do you also know what the abbreviations 'FTC and BMC' means? grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Meaning Of The Abbreviation, "OP" Commonly Used On Nairaland by psucc(m): 8:12pm On Sep 18, 2019
GrabHisBalls:
FTC(First To Comment) is almost considered an award in NL while the second describes a group that has sold their right, conscience and even future for N30,000 monthly fee.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Meaning Of The Abbreviation, "OP" Commonly Used On Nairaland by Nobody: 8:14pm On Sep 18, 2019
psucc:
FTC(First To Comment) is almost considered an award in NL while the second describes a group that has sold their right, conscience and even future for N30,000 monthly fee.
The latter is 'Buhari's media cow'.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Meaning Of The Abbreviation, "OP" Commonly Used On Nairaland by Jasseyfrd(m): 8:53pm On Sep 18, 2019
psucc:

Basket mouth. I hail you grin

1 Like

Re: Meaning Of The Abbreviation, "OP" Commonly Used On Nairaland by sisisioge: 9:28pm On Sep 18, 2019
grin grin grin grin

This OP too get time tongue

By the way, what is BMC?

1 Like

Re: Meaning Of The Abbreviation, "OP" Commonly Used On Nairaland by etrange: 10:05pm On Sep 18, 2019
sisisioge:
grin grin grin grin

This OP too get time tongue

By the way, what is BMC?

Buhari Media Crew
Re: Meaning Of The Abbreviation, "OP" Commonly Used On Nairaland by sisisioge: 10:07pm On Sep 18, 2019
etrange:

Buhari Media Crew

grin grin grin grin
Re: Meaning Of The Abbreviation, "OP" Commonly Used On Nairaland by Virginnn(f): 10:18pm On Sep 18, 2019
Dathypebruv:
This Misconception you've got is cos you a newbie here IMO buh still you aren't all wrong.................
OP is referred to as Owner'of'Post or Original Poster like you just rightly said

Wel done OP cool .................
Old timer still hunting for ftc huh?
How many ftc trophies have u accumulated?
Re: Meaning Of The Abbreviation, "OP" Commonly Used On Nairaland by Virginnn(f): 10:21pm On Sep 18, 2019
GrabHisBalls:
No sis, you occupy STC. The dude above you already occupied the FTC slot.
Re: Meaning Of The Abbreviation, "OP" Commonly Used On Nairaland by maisauki: 10:46pm On Sep 18, 2019
GrabHisBalls:
NCAN nko?
Re: Meaning Of The Abbreviation, "OP" Commonly Used On Nairaland by Nobody: 11:58pm On Sep 18, 2019
Buhari media crew or Buhari media cow?

1 Like

Re: Meaning Of The Abbreviation, "OP" Commonly Used On Nairaland by Nobody: 12:32am On Sep 19, 2019
Virginnn:
Been curious for some time regarding the accurate meaning of the abbreviation, op, commonly used to name the poster of articles.
so I visited Google. it presented me with lots of options, but none fits into the context it is being used here. it directed me to the online forum, reddit.
So ladies and gentlemen, for the first time, I have come to realise that op as used in this forum stands for
ORIGINAL POSTER.
I have to post this here because I am certain we still have many like me who were curious but haven't cared to check it out.

OK, you are the new girl... welcome to NL by the way. May you be blessed as you fellowship with us. smiley
Re: Meaning Of The Abbreviation, "OP" Commonly Used On Nairaland by seunmohmoh(f): 1:06am On Sep 19, 2019
Op to me is oga poster.

2 Likes

Re: Meaning Of The Abbreviation, "OP" Commonly Used On Nairaland by Thukzee01(m): 2:12am On Sep 19, 2019
seunmohmoh:
Op to me is oga poster.
Re: Meaning Of The Abbreviation, "OP" Commonly Used On Nairaland by Davoneskay(m): 2:14am On Sep 19, 2019
maisauki:
NCAN nko?

Name Checker Association of Nigeria. Always used whenever opposing tribe is in a bad light.
Re: Meaning Of The Abbreviation, "OP" Commonly Used On Nairaland by Crazeworld(m): 6:14am On Sep 19, 2019
Original Poster

Meanwhile, I'm available for your online documents and Print-out Slips. Check my signature
Re: Meaning Of The Abbreviation, "OP" Commonly Used On Nairaland by Dathypebruv(m): 6:34am On Sep 19, 2019
Virginnn:
Old timer still hunting for ftc huh? How many ftc trophies have u accumulated?
grin

Re: Meaning Of The Abbreviation, "OP" Commonly Used On Nairaland by 1stKing: 7:10am On Sep 19, 2019
psucc:
FTC(First To Comment) is while the second describes a group that has sold their right, conscience and even future for N30,000 monthly fee.
THIS IS VERY DEEP
Re: Meaning Of The Abbreviation, "OP" Commonly Used On Nairaland by tropaz(m): 7:15am On Sep 19, 2019
seunmohmoh:
Op to me is oga poster.

OPOLO TI SA FUN E
Re: Meaning Of The Abbreviation, "OP" Commonly Used On Nairaland by femi4: 7:44am On Sep 19, 2019
Virginnn:
So ladies and gentlemen, for the first time, I have come to realise that op as used in this forum stands for
ORIGINAL POSTER.
j j c

Time registered: June 24, 2019

(1) (Reply)

Get A Free Payment Gateway For You Site. / Article Writer Available - Get Your Articles At Cheap Rates / I Want To Create Site Like Blogger.com. Would You Like That

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.