Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,596 members, 7,958,832 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 04:31 AM

Nimi Barigha-Amange Joins APC, Dumps PDP - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nimi Barigha-Amange Joins APC, Dumps PDP (33409 Views)

Tonto Dikeh Joins APC, Dumps ADC / Stella Oduah Decamps To APC, Dumps PDP (Video, Photos) / Nimi Amange: How I Escaped The War Front As A 16-Year-Old Biafran Soldier (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nimi Barigha-Amange Joins APC, Dumps PDP by Eteka1(m): 9:53pm On Sep 18, 2019
A member of the Sixth Senate, who represented Bayelsa East Senatorial district between 2007 and 2011 on the platform of the People’s Democratic Party, Sen. Nimi Barigha-Amange, on Wednesday gave notice of his intention to join the ruling All Progressives Congress.

He stated this in a letter to the APC National Chairman, Adams Oshiomhole, which was submitted to the Acting National Secretary, Victor Giadom, on Wednesday.

Barigha-Amange, who said he had resigned his membership from his former party said he was moving with members of his political family, all members of Destiny Movement and SIG Elite Foundation of Nembe and Brass local government areas.

He said his decision to defect to the APC was due to the authoritarian attitude of Governor Seriake Dickson.

“When I was in PDP, we were enslaved by only one man who regarded himself as emperor. There were no political activities there even if you want to be a Councillor. The 105 councillors were nominated by him. The eight chairmen were nominated by him, so, I cannot be part.

“I was one of the founding fathers of PDP in Bayelsa State. I did not join the PDP, I took part in the formation of PDP here in August 1998 and I have been there since. But I have never seen this kind of authoritarian rule. So, I have decided to pitch my tent with a party that can uproot this bottom from the ground, so that, Bayelsans will be freed, and I promise you, Bayelsans will be freed come November 16, 2019,” he said.

When asked why he was so sure that the ruling party in the State (PDP) will win, the former lawmaker insisted that out of eight Local Government Areas, APC has taken 3 LGs while PDP is holding on to 2 LGs and the remaining 3 will be divided equally.

He said, “Today, I can tell you that the candidate of APC, David Lyon, comes from Southern Ijaw LG. That is the Local government with the highest voting strength. Definitely, that Local government is for APC. I come from Nembe LG and by my joining APC, Nembe has fallen into the hands of APC.

“Brass is where Timipre Sylva comes from and Brass normally is for APC. And I also assisted APC in winning my own Senatorial district in the last election. I also assisted APC in winning House of Representatives seat during February election. So, those three LGs are gone and we can give Kolokuma/Opokuma, the smallest LG to PDP because their candidate is from there.

“Then, the Sagbama Local Government Area where the present governor comes from will be donated to the present governor because his running mate is from Sagbama LG.

“Where the governor comes from, is where he picks running mate to PDP candidate. The question is, what will other LGs do? We can still donate that to him, so, we are taking three, they are taking two. The remaining LGs is 50/50.”

While welcoming the defector, the acting National Secretary urged him to be focussed and join hands with the party to provide dividend of democracy to Bayelsa people.

Source:https://punchng.com/pdp-senator-dumps-party-joins-apc/

10 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Nimi Barigha-Amange Joins APC, Dumps PDP by Nobody: 10:00pm On Sep 18, 2019
Zero electoral value

26 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nimi Barigha-Amange Joins APC, Dumps PDP by babyfaceafrica: 10:01pm On Sep 18, 2019
most politicians are prostitutues .no loyalty!!

6 Likes

Re: Nimi Barigha-Amange Joins APC, Dumps PDP by comradewanle(m): 10:19pm On Sep 18, 2019
@ OP......why did you post this kind news at late hour, some pple will definitely have sleepless night.

30 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Nimi Barigha-Amange Joins APC, Dumps PDP by SadiqBabaSani: 10:22pm On Sep 18, 2019
Selfishness is their watchword

1 Like

Re: Nimi Barigha-Amange Joins APC, Dumps PDP by godliman: 10:33pm On Sep 18, 2019
comradewanle:
@ OP......why did you post this kind news at late hour, some pple will definitely have sleepless night.
sleepless night that who die? How useful is an expired senator

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nimi Barigha-Amange Joins APC, Dumps PDP by ursullalinda(f): 10:49pm On Sep 18, 2019
comradewanle:

For wetin person die smh see as politicians take us dey do ten ten

3 Likes

Re: Nimi Barigha-Amange Joins APC, Dumps PDP by Guzel: 10:53pm On Sep 18, 2019
kaorama:
Zero electoral value
You guys don’t understand what’s going on in Bayelsa State. Shebi I will be here when the PDP willl start tagging White House and No 10 Downing Street shouting rape of justice

42 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Nimi Barigha-Amange Joins APC, Dumps PDP by solmusdesigns: 11:47pm On Sep 18, 2019
grin

PDP the broke party., even orubebe wants to decamp

Since Wiked Wike officially congratulated Buhari and hinted that many Governors go to congratulate him at night, i knew PDP would have it very rough in coming weeks

SouthSouth are really getting very good at Nigerian Politics, as it stands now they are deeping their roots in Both APC and PDP ahead of 2023, If zoning is canceled Northerners would prefer a southsouth VP, and if zoning is maintained Wike(with the help of secondus) , Ameachi (with the 5% kick backs he made on ongoing $billion dollars rail project), Akpabio (with his new Niger Delta Juicy Ministry) would come forward to fight for party tickets dollars for dollars, i really wish i could become a party delegate ahead of 2023, because dollars would surely rain at the primaries...

PS: Political party isnt a cult group and there is absolutely nothing wrong in a politician decamping .. even trump was in other parties at different times in his life, same as buhari

24 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nimi Barigha-Amange Joins APC, Dumps PDP by Johnnyessence(m): 11:49pm On Sep 18, 2019
Eteka1:
A member of the Sixth Senate, who represented Bayelsa East Senatorial district between 2007 and 2011 on the platform of the People’s Democratic Party, Sen. Nimi Barigha-Amange, on Wednesday gave notice of his intention to join the ruling All Progressives Congress.

He stated this in a letter to the APC National Chairman, Adams Oshiomhole, which was submitted to the Acting National Secretary, Victor Giadom, on Wednesday.

Barigha-Amange, who said he had resigned his membership from his former party said he was moving with members of his political family, all members of Destiny Movement and SIG Elite Foundation of Nembe and Brass local government areas.

He said his decision to defect to the APC was due to the authoritarian attitude of Governor Seriake Dickson.

“When I was in PDP, we were enslaved by only one man who regarded himself as emperor. There were no political activities there even if you want to be a Councillor. The 105 councillors were nominated by him. The eight chairmen were nominated by him, so, I cannot be part.

“I was one of the founding fathers of PDP in Bayelsa State. I did not join the PDP, I took part in the formation of PDP here in August 1998 and I have been there since. But I have never seen this kind of authoritarian rule. So, I have decided to pitch my tent with a party that can uproot this bottom from the ground, so that, Bayelsans will be freed, and I promise you, Bayelsans will be freed come November 16, 2019,” he said.

When asked why he was so sure that the ruling party in the State (PDP) will win, the former lawmaker insisted that out of eight Local Government Areas, APC has taken 3 LGs while PDP is holding on to 2 LGs and the remaining 3 will be divided equally.

He said, “Today, I can tell you that the candidate of APC, David Lyon, comes from Southern Ijaw LG. That is the Local government with the highest voting strength. Definitely, that Local government is for APC. I come from Nembe LG and by my joining APC, Nembe has fallen into the hands of APC.

“Brass is where Timipre Sylva comes from and Brass normally is for APC. And I also assisted APC in winning my own Senatorial district in the last election. I also assisted APC in winning House of Representatives seat during February election. So, those three LGs are gone and we can give Kolokuma/Opokuma, the smallest LG to PDP because their candidate is from there.

“Then, the Sagbama Local Government Area where the present governor comes from will be donated to the present governor because his running mate is from Sagbama LG.

“Where the governor comes from, is where he picks running mate to PDP candidate. The question is, what will other LGs do? We can still donate that to him, so, we are taking three, they are taking two. The remaining LGs is 50/50.”

While welcoming the defector, the acting National Secretary urged him to be focussed and join hands with the party to provide dividend of democracy to Bayelsa people.

Source:https://punchng.com/pdp-senator-dumps-party-joins-apc/
selfishness at its peak, rivers state, bayelsa state are pdp stronghold states.

1 Like

Re: Nimi Barigha-Amange Joins APC, Dumps PDP by Eteka1(m): 4:52am On Sep 19, 2019
First it was Deputy Governor's younger brother and now its this Senator.

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nimi Barigha-Amange Joins APC, Dumps PDP by Crazeworld(m): 6:18am On Sep 19, 2019
Transfer window is open

Meanwhile, I'm available for your online documents and Print-out Slips. Check my signature

2 Likes

Re: Nimi Barigha-Amange Joins APC, Dumps PDP by GavelSlam: 7:46am On Sep 19, 2019
Johnnyessence:
selfishness at its peak, rivers state, bayelsa state are pdp stronghold states.

You were missing during the presidential elections tribunal's ruling.

What happened?

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nimi Barigha-Amange Joins APC, Dumps PDP by Nobody: 7:52am On Sep 19, 2019
Our political parties and politicians lacks ideology
I give a + to PMB

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nimi Barigha-Amange Joins APC, Dumps PDP by Ibrahim9090: 7:53am On Sep 19, 2019
Noted
Re: Nimi Barigha-Amange Joins APC, Dumps PDP by MANNABBQGRILLS: 7:53am On Sep 19, 2019
Barigha-Amange, who said he had resigned his membership from his former party said he was moving with members of his political family, all members of Destiny Movement and SIG Elite Foundation of Nembe and Brass local government areas
Mr Bariga has decided to join the winning team.
Good for him.
He's welcome.

All these prostitute politicians sha! wink

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nimi Barigha-Amange Joins APC, Dumps PDP by netpro(m): 7:55am On Sep 19, 2019
Bayelsa State is heading to the Next Level. It will be a breath of fresh air.

15 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nimi Barigha-Amange Joins APC, Dumps PDP by Royalfurnitures: 7:55am On Sep 19, 2019
They have started their jumpology again

Check out my signature for classy and exotic furniture collections today

3 Likes

Re: Nimi Barigha-Amange Joins APC, Dumps PDP by Duggedised12(f): 7:56am On Sep 19, 2019
Nigerian polithiefians na any where belle face.

Same old thieves just under a different umbrella. We keep recycling same people over and over again while ignorant followers keep dividing themselves along party lines.

1 Like

Re: Nimi Barigha-Amange Joins APC, Dumps PDP by ArmaniUhuru: 7:57am On Sep 19, 2019
Guzel:

You guys don’t understand what’s going on in Bayelsa State. Shebi I will be here when the PDP willl start tagging White House and No 10 Downing Street shouting rape of justice

Apc may win, but this man has nothing to add. He’s a man who’s been totally sidelined. Senator for only 4 years, nothing more. He knows if Apc eventually come out victorious, he stands the chance of getting an appointment. Na normal level

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nimi Barigha-Amange Joins APC, Dumps PDP by safarigirl(f): 7:57am On Sep 19, 2019
PDP or APC, na the same dustbin all of dem dey, the people celebrating, I hope you're one of those with houses in Asokoro and Maitama.

You cannot be celebrating the exchange of jerseys, in a looting game, when you aren't one of the looters.

2 Likes

Re: Nimi Barigha-Amange Joins APC, Dumps PDP by solochris(m): 7:58am On Sep 19, 2019
I thought it's one relevant politician
This one is inconsequential biko

1 Like

Re: Nimi Barigha-Amange Joins APC, Dumps PDP by efighter: 7:58am On Sep 19, 2019
Bayelsa is gone to APC. Jonathan is about to be rendered useless in Bayelsa the way Obasanjo is useless in Ogun.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nimi Barigha-Amange Joins APC, Dumps PDP by growtogeda: 7:58am On Sep 19, 2019
it's all for selfish reasons not because of the interest of Nigerians
Re: Nimi Barigha-Amange Joins APC, Dumps PDP by Comedian2019: 7:59am On Sep 19, 2019
Defect to the party that will pay higher, after the election, he goes back to PDP.
Naija politicians sha...
Re: Nimi Barigha-Amange Joins APC, Dumps PDP by Toroso: 8:00am On Sep 19, 2019
kaorama:
Zero electoral value
Zero electoral value yet he helped APC win his senatorial seat ?! The foolishness with which many rretard comment on NL is so alarming one will think PDP produces fools to comment here.

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nimi Barigha-Amange Joins APC, Dumps PDP by Babysheart(f): 8:01am On Sep 19, 2019
When this man says local governments are lost because he decamped, I feel for the people who follow him. These politicians only remember you during the elections when they need your votes and for you to snatch ballot boxes for them.

Devilish politicians.

1 Like

Re: Nimi Barigha-Amange Joins APC, Dumps PDP by Kaycee7(m): 8:06am On Sep 19, 2019
safarigirl:
PDP or APC, na the same dustbin all of dem dey, the people celebrating, I hope you're one of those with houses in Asokoro and Maitama.

You cannot be celebrating the exchange of jerseys, in a looting game, when you aren't one of the looters.
I don't know why the majority can't just choose to gamble on a whole new party that isn't made up of this same 1970s crew and their cohorts. Let's just try something new even if it won't work out instead of recycling the same old crap.
Re: Nimi Barigha-Amange Joins APC, Dumps PDP by asobo: 8:06am On Sep 19, 2019
The poster made it seems it he is a present senator. Mtchew

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Wike Donates N500 Million To Sokoto To Support Rebuilding Of Central Market / One Year Old Fuel Queues In Abuja Disappearing - Deji Adeyanju Praise Tinubu / Jimi Agbaje Sharing Kerosene In Ajeromi Ifelodun

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.