Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,845 members, 7,810,256 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:06 AM

FarmCrowdy Vs Farm4Me - How Are They Different? - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / FarmCrowdy Vs Farm4Me - How Are They Different? (3023 Views)

Farm4Me: Frequently Asked Questions / Farm4me: How It All Started / Has Anyone Benefitted From Farmcrowdy? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

FarmCrowdy Vs Farm4Me - How Are They Different? by GENIUSMKT(m): 1:00am On Sep 19, 2019
People have been asking what is the difference between Farmcrowdy and Farm4Me?

Let me attempt to list the difference as much as I can here:

1. FarmCrowdy is a crowd farming platform while Farm4Me is a contract farming platform. FarmCrowdy pools in funds together to farm and shares a part of the profit with the investors.
Farm4Me receives the total cost of farming (includes insurance cover and their 10% service charge) from the client, set up and manage the farm until harvest. At harvest the client has 2 options. Authorize Farm4Me to sell the produce at the prevailing market price and credit your bank account with the proceeds or they ship the farm produce to you anywhere in Nigeria.

2. FarmCrowdy makes at least 20% from each sponsored farm. Farm4Me charges 10% service fee payable in cash or 10% of the total farm produce harvested.

3. FarmCrowdy has raised good money from foreign Investors. Farm4Me is entrusted with millions of Naira of their clients to farm for them.

4. FarmCrowdy sponsors farms in selected States in Nigeria. Farm4Me has access to farmlands in 27 states in Nigeria and still counting.

5. FarmCrowdy has 16, 000 acres of farmland available. Farm4Me has over 254, 000 hectares of farmland available for farming.

6. FarmCrowdy can be oversubscribed. Farm4Me can never be oversubscribed. You can farm whatever size of farm you can afford.

7. Farmcrowdy has just 25,837 Farmers but Farm4Me is working with over 127, 000 small holder farmers through the farmers associations they work with.

8. Farmcrowdy's CEO is Onyeka Akumah while Farm4Me's CEO is Adama J. Adama.

9. Farmcrowdy and Farm4Me are not competitors. FarmCrowdy crowd fund farms but their farms are fully owned and funded by our clients.

10. www.FarmCrowdy.com and www.Farm4Me.com.ng
Re: FarmCrowdy Vs Farm4Me - How Are They Different? by hopevalley: 2:50pm On Sep 19, 2019
GENIUSMKT:
People have been asking what is the difference between Farmcrowdy and Farm4Me.com.ng?

Let me attempt to list the difference as much as I can here.

1. Farmcrowdy (started in 2017) started way before Farm4Me (started in 2014) but was then called FreshFromBenue.com and was an online produce sourcing platform.

2. Farmcrowdy makes at least 20% from each sponsored farm. Farm4Me makes just 10% from each farm after harvest.

3. Farmcrowdy has raised more money from foreign Investors. Farm4Me is bootstrapped by the Owners.

4. Farmcrowdy sponsors farms across Nigeria. Farm4Me only set up and manage farms in Benue State.

5. Farmcrowdy has 16, 000 acres of farmland available. Farm4Me has over 105, 000 hectares of farmland available for farming.

6. Farmcrowdy can be oversubscribed. Farm4Me can never be oversubscribed. You can farm whatever size of farm you can afford.

7. Farmcrowdy has just 25,837 Farmers but Farm4Me is working with 52,345 registered Farmers who are members of 5324 Farming Cooperatives in Benue State.

8. Farmcrowdy's CEO is Onyeka Akumah while Farm4Me's CEO is Adama J. Adama

9. Farmcrowdy and Farm4Me are not competitors. The market is too large to start thinking about competition. More startups are welcomed to develop the agritech sector in Nigeria. There is so much to be done.

10. www.Farmcrowdy.com and www.Farm4Me.com.ng
Unfortunately, none of them talks about agricultural products export which is the major dividend of agricultural practice. Click on the first link on my signature for details on how to export your products to foreign countries and make millions of naira.
Re: FarmCrowdy Vs Farm4Me - How Are They Different? by GENIUSMKT(m): 1:06am On Sep 21, 2019
Hi Hopevalley,

Thank you for the reply.
We sell farm produce online to all countries worldwide at www.farm4me.com.ng/shop

(1) (Reply)

Sweet Corn Farming: How Profitable / What Are The Best Crops To Plant In Delta State / The Juice Revolution

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.