Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,658 members, 7,820,296 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:41 PM

Breaking : Price Of Kerosene Up 10.8% As Cooking Gas Drops - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Breaking : Price Of Kerosene Up 10.8% As Cooking Gas Drops (17850 Views)

After Raising Hopes, Naira Depreciates Against The Dollar By 5.8% In April / Nigerians Shift To Charcoal, Sawdust, Others As Cooking Gas Prices Soar / Woman Kerosene Black Market Seller Opens Her Own Filling Station (pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Breaking : Price Of Kerosene Up 10.8% As Cooking Gas Drops by Nobody: 8:42am On Sep 19, 2019
netpro:

Atiku not cuummming again? Noted.

To succeed in this Next Level, find something productive to do.

But anyone sitting there and expect to be carried to the Next Level will be disappointed. Wailing they will do.

God bless Nigeria!

Regarding the oil sector, your government is practising the now retrograde policy of fuel subsidy which is restricting investment and leading to issues like high prices elsewhere
Re: Breaking : Price Of Kerosene Up 10.8% As Cooking Gas Drops by Ikpongiton: 8:43am On Sep 19, 2019
thank god,asari kerosine and fuel has come to stay .
Re: Breaking : Price Of Kerosene Up 10.8% As Cooking Gas Drops by Royalfurnitures: 8:44am On Sep 19, 2019
Thats Nigeria for you, things for the poor always increasing in Price while that of the rich always remain stable or reduce in Price

Check out my signature for classy and durable furniture for your homes and offices
Re: Breaking : Price Of Kerosene Up 10.8% As Cooking Gas Drops by alienvirus: 8:46am On Sep 19, 2019
sylve11:

careful with that stuff......... sad cool

Really no issues at all. I have been using it for more than two year. Trust me, no issues.
Re: Breaking : Price Of Kerosene Up 10.8% As Cooking Gas Drops by netpro(m): 8:52am On Sep 19, 2019
Kanade21:

Regarding the oil sector, your government is practising the now retrograde policy of fuel subsidy which is restricting investment and leading to issues like high prices elsewhere

At the bold (Your Government), I have no further discussion with you on Nigeria, since you are either not a Nigerian OR not patriotic.

Cheers!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Breaking : Price Of Kerosene Up 10.8% As Cooking Gas Drops by dominique(f): 8:53am On Sep 19, 2019
ImmaculateJOE:
Fake report.

In Adamawa here, we refill 6kg for N1800 and 12.5kg for N3800

Too costly. 12.5 is 3k here in Lagos, 6kg is N1500

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Breaking : Price Of Kerosene Up 10.8% As Cooking Gas Drops by freeze001(f): 8:59am On Sep 19, 2019
See ehn, the way y'all embrace and exalt mediocrity is a major challenge. The government as constituted has signed up to do its job efficiently for the benefit of all Nigerian citizens. Reduction in gas prices is par for the course, the government does not require any commendation, it is doing a job it is being paid to do. When they take the humongous salaries, allowances and other perks of office like private jets and co, do they commend Nigerians that own the public funds those benefits are drawn from? It is not charity so no one is under any obligation to commend any president, governor or legislator for doing what they ought to. However, once they fail to do right and still remain in office drawing all those benefits while those they ought to serve are languishing then they must be criticized, pilloried and dealt with till they either do right or resign! They are not there for pleasure and commendation is not needed or required!

This is an oil & gas producing country, why should the prices of kerosene go up? Why is gas still like some innovation that you expect Nigerians to be grateful for a drop in its prices? Successive governments have failed and continue to fail because some of you sycophants refuse to be honest!

post=82366158:

Isn't it funny to see some wailers on the thread deciding to choose and comment on the Kerosene prices going up but stylishly ignoring the gas prices dropping and both are in the same sentence!

Once anybody decides to be willfully blind, no matter what you push in front of his eyes, he wouldn't see.
If he decides to be willfully deaf, even if there are thunder by his ears, he won't hear. 

*Patriotic and sane Nigerians Do not Waste time Arguing with Buhari and Nigeria Haters* 

We are not talking about critics who are genuinely concerned about a better Nigeria,. You will know them because when they see good efforts of government they applaud.

But the others, the one who swore on their lives Buhari will never be president, the enemies of the nation, are the ones we are talking about.
Don't waste your time on them..
They will always be miserable no matter what you tell them.
Simply ignore them.

2 Likes

Re: Breaking : Price Of Kerosene Up 10.8% As Cooking Gas Drops by jacoik(m): 9:05am On Sep 19, 2019
alienvirus:
I said bye bye to Kero long time ago. I use petrol only for my car. Gas all the way. Even my generator is performing wonderfully well with GAS.
your gen perform with gas? How pls
Re: Breaking : Price Of Kerosene Up 10.8% As Cooking Gas Drops by xjiggy: 9:12am On Sep 19, 2019
I filled my 12.5kg cylinder here in Lagos with #2,800.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Breaking : Price Of Kerosene Up 10.8% As Cooking Gas Drops by gabbasin: 9:13am On Sep 19, 2019
Kanade21:
If you want kerosene prices to be very low,. deregulation is the answer.

Deregulate the petrol sector,. investment flows in , prices eventually fall, exploration increases
DPK (Dual Purpose Kerosene) popularly known as kerosine and AGO (Automotive Gas Oil) popularly known as diesel have been deregulated since except for PMS (Premium Motor Spirit) aka Petrol that is being subsidize by NNPC in the name of under recovery

2 Likes

Re: Breaking : Price Of Kerosene Up 10.8% As Cooking Gas Drops by Tosky4: 9:13am On Sep 19, 2019
I don't know how the data for this report was gotten but i filled my 5kg gas on monday in lagos for N1200. I beginning to doubt our statistics in this country.
Re: Breaking : Price Of Kerosene Up 10.8% As Cooking Gas Drops by Kahujadekadura: 9:17am On Sep 19, 2019
So ppls still dey use kerosene for house
Re: Breaking : Price Of Kerosene Up 10.8% As Cooking Gas Drops by alienvirus: 9:17am On Sep 19, 2019
jacoik:
your gen perform with gas? How pls

Cheaper than PMS, No breakdown due to carbon on plugs and other components, less servicing etc.
Re: Breaking : Price Of Kerosene Up 10.8% As Cooking Gas Drops by Tofax: 9:23am On Sep 19, 2019
netpro:
The use of kerosene in aircrafts has been a major driving force for the cost. Left for domestic use alone, kerosene may have been one of the cheapest commodities.
abeg see excuse.
So when kerosene was sold for 50 Naira in 2013, Aircrafts were using water?

1 Like

Re: Breaking : Price Of Kerosene Up 10.8% As Cooking Gas Drops by Nobody: 9:26am On Sep 19, 2019
gabbasin:
DPK (Dual Purpose Kerosene) popularly known as kerosine and AGO (Automotive Gas Oil) popularly known as diesel have been deregulated since except for PMS (Premium Motor Spirit) aka Petrol that is being subsidize by NNPC in the name of under recovery

I do know that, the problem is the whole subsidy of petrol thing is preventing investment in the sector as a whole
Re: Breaking : Price Of Kerosene Up 10.8% As Cooking Gas Drops by Just2endowed2(m): 9:42am On Sep 19, 2019
Cooking gas taking over.

1 Like

Re: Breaking : Price Of Kerosene Up 10.8% As Cooking Gas Drops by Just2endowed2(m): 9:50am On Sep 19, 2019
freeze001:
See ehn, the way y'all embrace and exult mediocrity is a major challenge. The government as constituted has signed up to do its job efficeintly for the benefit of all Nigerian citizens. Reduction in as prices is par for the course, the government does not require any commendation, it is doing a job it is being paid to do. When they take the humongous salaries, allowances and other perks of office like private jets and co, do they commend Nigerians that own the public funds those benefits are drawn from? It is not charity so no one is under any obligation to commend any president, governor or legislator for doing what they ought to. However, once they fail to do right and still remain in office drawing all those benefits while those they ought to serve are languishing then they must be criticized, pilloried and dealt with till they either do right or resign! They are not there for pleasure and commendation is not needed or required!

This is an oil & gas producing country, why should the prices of kerosene go up? Why is gas still like some innovation that you expect Nigerians to be grateful for a drop in its prices? Successive governments have failed and continue to fail because some of you sycophants refuse to be honest!

That is exact thing I was thinking. Even in the private sector, when one get paid for his job, he shouldn't tell his employer thank you.

1 Like

Re: Breaking : Price Of Kerosene Up 10.8% As Cooking Gas Drops by lordkay10(m): 10:00am On Sep 19, 2019
Kanade21:
If you want kerosene prices to be very low,. deregulation is the answer.

Deregulate the petrol sector,. investment flows in , prices eventually fall, exploration increases
Lol....kero has since been deregulated na grin

3 Likes

Re: Breaking : Price Of Kerosene Up 10.8% As Cooking Gas Drops by Nobody: 10:02am On Sep 19, 2019
lordkay10:

Lol....kero has since been deregulated na grin

The same deregulation needs to be extended to the petrol sector, which means more investment in the crude oil sector as a whole, more refineries, increased production, lower prices
Re: Breaking : Price Of Kerosene Up 10.8% As Cooking Gas Drops by netpro(m): 10:10am On Sep 19, 2019
Tofax:

abeg see excuse.
So when kerosene was sold for 50 Naira in 2013, Aircrafts were using water?

Our parents built houses for just few 1000s of naira.

Inflation is a universal concept, you find more creative ways to be a nuisance, but stop embarrassing yourself while at it.

1 Like

Re: Breaking : Price Of Kerosene Up 10.8% As Cooking Gas Drops by Angelfrost(m): 10:13am On Sep 19, 2019
fk002:
Abia state governor has foresight

He will probably share another tanker by Christmas... Kerosene-loving simpletons. tongue

1 Like

Re: Breaking : Price Of Kerosene Up 10.8% As Cooking Gas Drops by VajanahDischaj(f): 10:14am On Sep 19, 2019
good move! kerosene na poison abeg. e dey spoil lungs pass tobacco.asthma patients will understand
Re: Breaking : Price Of Kerosene Up 10.8% As Cooking Gas Drops by Olanipekun1: 10:16am On Sep 19, 2019
[s]
post=82366158:
We hope it is not only cooking gas that will drop, we hope kerosene prices drop also.
It is not everyone one of us that are privilege to use gas to cook.
Slow and steady we will get there.

Isn't it funny to see some wailers on the thread deciding to choose and comment on the Kerosene prices going up but stylishly ignoring the gas prices dropping and both are in the same sentence!

Once anybody decides to be willfully blind, no matter what you push in front of his eyes, he wouldn't see.
If he decides to be willfully deaf, even if there are thunder by his ears, he won't hear. 

*Patriotic and sane Nigerians Do not Waste time Arguing with Buhari and Nigeria Haters* 

We are not talking about critics who are genuinely concerned about a better Nigeria,. You will know them because when they see good efforts of the government they applaud.

But the others, the one who swore on their lives Buhari will never be president, the enemies of the nation, are the ones we are talking about.
Don't waste your time on them..
They will always be miserable no matter what you tell them.
Simply ignore them.
[/s]
Re: Breaking : Price Of Kerosene Up 10.8% As Cooking Gas Drops by Olanipekun1: 10:17am On Sep 19, 2019
[s]
post=82366137:
Hehehe cheesy grin wink cheesy grin.
Finish him.

You have time for these wailers sha.
They don't advice people on this kind of issue.
It is hunger that will reset their brain,
by then they will find something productive to do and stop waiting for free fraudulent money like before.
[/s]
Re: Breaking : Price Of Kerosene Up 10.8% As Cooking Gas Drops by Femich18(m): 10:20am On Sep 19, 2019
dominique:

12.5 is 3k here in Lagos, 6kg is N1500

Cool. At my side here in lag too it is #1440 for 6 kg. A kg is #240

1 Like

Re: Breaking : Price Of Kerosene Up 10.8% As Cooking Gas Drops by Olanipekun1: 10:28am On Sep 19, 2019
[s]
post=82366346:
izombie has spoken....as usual.
Have you collected your 4 liters of kero yet?
[/s]
Re: Breaking : Price Of Kerosene Up 10.8% As Cooking Gas Drops by Wkaay(m): 10:37am On Sep 19, 2019
Heere in ifo oguun state 12kg is 3000
Re: Breaking : Price Of Kerosene Up 10.8% As Cooking Gas Drops by Adetoro049: 10:44am On Sep 19, 2019
@Ijebu ode, we refill retailer end for #200 per kg. 5kg for #1000. plant station for #180 per kg. ijebu people don spoil cooking gas business.
Re: Breaking : Price Of Kerosene Up 10.8% As Cooking Gas Drops by Ayor007: 10:46am On Sep 19, 2019
I don't know where they got thier statistics from. But I bought my 12.5kg gas yesterday for #2,800. Guess its cheaper in Lagos then.
Re: Breaking : Price Of Kerosene Up 10.8% As Cooking Gas Drops by Adetoro049: 10:56am On Sep 19, 2019
Ayor007:
I don't know where they got thier statistics from. But I bought my 12.5kg gas yesterday for #2,800. Guess its cheaper in Lagos then.
cheaper ke, when 12.5.kg goes for #2400 for ijebu-ode. we gas retailer at ijebu-ode are lamenting here. we are in an unhealthy competition. As it is, we will soon start selling for #150 per kg. you can confirm my report of #200 per kg
Re: Breaking : Price Of Kerosene Up 10.8% As Cooking Gas Drops by WhiteLavender(f): 11:17am On Sep 19, 2019
micxwell:

I'm sure you are an accountant.... cheesy
no, i'm not an accountant, just an end user.
they seem to compete a lot in Ibadan, so its not unusual to see sellers writing down their price list to draw in customers.

1 Like

Re: Breaking : Price Of Kerosene Up 10.8% As Cooking Gas Drops by Login12: 3:57pm On Sep 19, 2019
alienvirus:
I said bye bye to Kero long time ago. I use petrol only for my car. Gas all the way. Even my generator is performing wonderfully well with GAS.

I won't mind to know how you did it with your generator I've been willing to learn this for a while

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Paint Production procedures, quantity of raw material required and color formula / Over 1,000 Shops Closed as Gas Explosion claims five lives in Ladipo Market / Please Help!!! Is My Business Partner Cheating Me??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.