Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,466 members, 7,826,773 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 08:08 PM

Breaking : Price Of Kerosene Up 10.8% As Cooking Gas Drops - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Breaking : Price Of Kerosene Up 10.8% As Cooking Gas Drops (17860 Views)

After Raising Hopes, Naira Depreciates Against The Dollar By 5.8% In April / Nigerians Shift To Charcoal, Sawdust, Others As Cooking Gas Prices Soar / Woman Kerosene Black Market Seller Opens Her Own Filling Station (pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Breaking : Price Of Kerosene Up 10.8% As Cooking Gas Drops by alienvirus: 4:28pm On Sep 19, 2019
Login12:

I won't mind to know how you did it with your generator I've been willing to learn this for a while

All you need to do is to swap the preinstalled carburetor with gas carburetor. It doesn't work with all generators.
Re: Breaking : Price Of Kerosene Up 10.8% As Cooking Gas Drops by Youthleader22(m): 4:38pm On Sep 19, 2019
alienvirus:

Really no issues at all. I have been using it for more than two year. Trust me, no issues.

Is it cheap compared to using fuel?
Re: Breaking : Price Of Kerosene Up 10.8% As Cooking Gas Drops by Login12: 4:58pm On Sep 19, 2019
alienvirus:

All you need to do is to swap the preinstalled carburetor with gas carburetor. It doesn't work with all generators.

Please can you be kind enough to tell me the spec of generator it works for?
Re: Breaking : Price Of Kerosene Up 10.8% As Cooking Gas Drops by renewable1(m): 5:05pm On Sep 19, 2019
Do people still use kerosene?

Get our 1kva complete solar power system today for just 140k. 6hours back up time...

CHECK MY SIGNATURE NOW
Re: Breaking : Price Of Kerosene Up 10.8% As Cooking Gas Drops by Tofax: 5:29pm On Sep 19, 2019
netpro:

Our parents built houses for just few 1000s of naira.

Inflation is a universal concept, you find more creative ways to be a nuisance, but stop embarrassing yourself while at it.

On one hand you claimed it is because Aircrafts uses kerosene that's why the price is beyond the reach of the common man. Now its inflation that necessitated the increase by 10.8%. Mr. universal concept, which one we go come believe now?
Re: Breaking : Price Of Kerosene Up 10.8% As Cooking Gas Drops by netpro(m): 6:00pm On Sep 19, 2019
Tofax:

On one hand you claimed it is because Aircrafts uses kerosene that's why the price is beyond the reach of the common man. Now its inflation that necessitated the increase by 10.8%. Mr. universal concept, which one we go come believe now?

On one hand, there is Inflation (the rise in prices of commodities) a universal occurrence not peculiar to Nigeria alone.

There is the aspect of Demand as a factor of increase in pricing. And the stove consumption of kerosene is not comparable to the premium demand for aircrafts.

Fact, there are many factors that influence periodical increase in price of kerosene. And yes, government can work to keep this in check.

But where I disagree with you is the penchant to blame it all on Buhari just because it looks cool.
Re: Breaking : Price Of Kerosene Up 10.8% As Cooking Gas Drops by alienvirus: 7:29pm On Sep 19, 2019
Login12:

Please can you be kind enough to tell me the spec of generator it works for?

I better pass my neighbor, diesel gens are out of the range.

They are mainly used for 1KVA to 10KVA Generators.

Carburetors for 1 to 5.5kva are usually smaller than others. So the gas carburetors usually come in 2 different sizes.
Re: Breaking : Price Of Kerosene Up 10.8% As Cooking Gas Drops by alienvirus: 7:29pm On Sep 19, 2019
Youthleader22:

Is it cheap compared to using fuel?

Yes. Much cheaper than petrol.
Re: Breaking : Price Of Kerosene Up 10.8% As Cooking Gas Drops by Login12: 7:30pm On Sep 19, 2019
alienvirus:

I better pass my neighbor, diesel gens are out of the range.

They are mainly used for 1KVA to 10KVA Generators.

Carburetors for 1 to 5.5kva are usually smaller than others. So the gas carburetors usually come in 2 different sizes.

Thank you so much sir I'll do my personal research
Re: Breaking : Price Of Kerosene Up 10.8% As Cooking Gas Drops by COMPAQ(m): 8:38pm On Sep 19, 2019
Jakasibo:
Chai so Kerosene that used to be sold N50 per litre has now skyrocketed to this outrageous price?
And its the poor that uses this product asides airlines.
In most countries, aside from planes kerosene is a waste product.

How can something planes use be a waste product
Re: Breaking : Price Of Kerosene Up 10.8% As Cooking Gas Drops by micxwell(m): 10:38pm On Sep 19, 2019
WhiteLavender:

no, i'm not an accountant, just an end user.
they seem to compete a lot in Ibadan, so its not unusual to see sellers writing down their price list to draw in customers.
Don't mind me. I get your point. I reside in IB too.
Re: Breaking : Price Of Kerosene Up 10.8% As Cooking Gas Drops by jacoik(m): 1:33pm On Sep 20, 2019
alienvirus:

Cheaper than PMS, No breakdown due to carbon on plugs and other components, less servicing etc.
bro. How is it possible pls because am using sumec 3200. Can it work on my gen and how? God bless you
Re: Breaking : Price Of Kerosene Up 10.8% As Cooking Gas Drops by alienvirus: 1:39pm On Sep 20, 2019
jacoik:
bro. How is it possible pls because am using sumec 3200. Can it work on my gen and how? God bless you

https://www.nairaland.com/3159615/convert-gasoline-petrol-generator-lpg

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Emefiele Promises Stable Naira In 2016 / Please Help!!! Is My Business Partner Cheating Me?? / Jumia Posts EUR35.4 Million Loss, Revenue Falls By 56%

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.