Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,366 members, 7,839,659 topics. Date: Saturday, 25 May 2024 at 06:25 AM

What I Think About Tattoos – Apostle Suleman - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What I Think About Tattoos – Apostle Suleman (35021 Views)

Apostle Suleman Replies Daddy Freeze on Tithing Controversy / Apostle Suleman Raises Dead Child Back To Life - Trezzyhelm (Photos) / Apostle Suleman's Designer Shoes In Dubai For 'Help From Above Programme' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What I Think About Tattoos – Apostle Suleman by Toks2008(m): 2:36pm On Sep 19, 2019
I wrote about this tatoo on my Facebook wall...

#FactFile

IS IT A SIN TO WEAR A TATTOO?

Leviticus 19:28 You shall not make any cuttings in your flesh for the dead, nor tattoo any marks on you: I am the LORD.

With a simple reading of this verse, it appears that tattoos are clearly forbidden in the Bible. However, while it’s true that tattoos were forbidden under Levitical law, we must remember that these laws were given to the Nation of Israel, not the Body of Christ. As Christians, not all of the laws given to Israel apply to us.

In the Old Testament, God gave moral, civil and ceremonial laws.

For Christians, the moral Law (The Ten Commandments) remains in effect to direct our moral judgment and to command us to obey God. While the Law has no power to save us, it certainly has the power to direct our lives by guiding us to make godly choices to avoid sin and to live in a way that honors God.

So, What About Tattoos?

The prohibition for tattoos in Leviticus 19 falls under the ceremonial laws given to the Nation of Israel. The body markings, tattoos, during that time were symbols of pagan worship or identification with other gods and nations. Israel was clearly told to avoid such markings of their flesh, but there is no such prohibition given to Christians.

So, Is It a Sin to Get a Tattoo?

The simple answer is…it depends. It depends on the motivation behind the decision to get a tattoo, the image of the tattoo, and what it might “say” to others. Does the Tattoo glorify GOD in any way or does it glorify the devil? So the answer is really not very simple at all. This is a question that requires personal discernment using biblical instruction. A Christian knows that they have liberty in Christ Jesus (Galatians 5:1), but with this liberty comes great responsibility.

Therefore, anyone considering getting a tattoo should carefully and prayerfully consider what the tattoo will look like, and what it will “say,” both today and in years to come.

If getting a tattoo is not sinfully motivated (e.g. by rebellion against authority, to adorn, elevate or call attention to oneself in a prideful way, to make a statement for evil, etc) and, if the image and the message of the tattoo is not sinful, then getting a tattoo is not likely a sin.

GOD BLESS YOU ALL.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What I Think About Tattoos – Apostle Suleman by Blessings4me(m): 2:37pm On Sep 19, 2019
What about those of us wey our grand papa use dagger take design our belle??... Hope we no join?!

2 Likes

Re: What I Think About Tattoos – Apostle Suleman by bedfordking: 2:37pm On Sep 19, 2019
Rubbish!!!!!
Re: What I Think About Tattoos – Apostle Suleman by Gideoniteprime4: 2:39pm On Sep 19, 2019
femi4:
that's not tatoo
but it leaves a marking on your body
Pls enlighthen me on the differences

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What I Think About Tattoos – Apostle Suleman by mdchikezie(m): 2:40pm On Sep 19, 2019
i was thinking about getting a tattoo

1 Like

Re: What I Think About Tattoos – Apostle Suleman by ibechris(m): 2:44pm On Sep 19, 2019
Crazeworld:
Fair enough. So what do think about tithing, private jet and poor church members?

Meanwhile, I'm available for your online documents and Print-out Slips. Check my signature

Hah,I am sure u know his followers will descend on u soon.
Re: What I Think About Tattoos – Apostle Suleman by femi4: 2:44pm On Sep 19, 2019
Gideoniteprime4:
but it leaves a marking on your body
Pls enlighthen me on the differences
Delibetate cutting of the body as a reminder of something
Re: What I Think About Tattoos – Apostle Suleman by kingjrofficial(m): 2:52pm On Sep 19, 2019
Trashhhh
Re: What I Think About Tattoos – Apostle Suleman by Royalfurnitures: 2:58pm On Sep 19, 2019
To me tatoos are evil and satanic

Check out my signature for classy and exotic furniture for your homes and offices

1 Like

Re: What I Think About Tattoos – Apostle Suleman by Olanipekun1: 3:01pm On Sep 19, 2019
[s]
post=82376195:

As long as he supports his stance with a verse from the Holy Book, then we are together.
We stand with the Apostle on this.

In my opinion, if you haven’t done it, don’t do it! If you have done it, don’t do more,” he said.
END OF THREAD!

But, you see people abroad in the professional settings that have tatoos tho,
We see them on cable everytime, Doctors. Nurses, Bankers, Managers, IT guys, etc, it is allowed as long as it is not exposed (sometimes) and over more, as long as you do your job and your tatoo is not in the way, you are fine.

But that is 'in the abroad' sha, and this is Africa.
We stand with the Apostles still!
[/s]
Re: What I Think About Tattoos – Apostle Suleman by Gideoniteprime4: 3:03pm On Sep 19, 2019
femi4:
Delibetate cutting of the body as a reminder of something
Interesting
It's okay if you say it that way!
Thanks man!
Re: What I Think About Tattoos – Apostle Suleman by PromzyNaks(m): 3:03pm On Sep 19, 2019
what do you think about Lev. 19:27?

you trimmed the egdes of your beards

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What I Think About Tattoos – Apostle Suleman by Makuos19: 3:03pm On Sep 19, 2019
jeesprecy:
I believe it's more about preference but it still doesn't connote moderation in anyway. Its better to refrain.
Just like makeup/paintings. Its better to be refrain!!!
Re: What I Think About Tattoos – Apostle Suleman by Makuos19: 3:08pm On Sep 19, 2019
Toks2008:

#FactFile

Leviticus 19:28 You shall not make any cuttings in your flesh for the dead, nor tattoo any marks on you: I am the LORD.

With a simple reading of this verse, it appears that tattoos are clearly forbidden in the Bible. However, while it’s true that tattoos were forbidden under Levitical law, we must remember that these laws were given to the Nation of Israel, not the Body of Christ. As Christians, not all of the laws given to Israel apply to us.

For Christians, the moral Law (The Ten Commandments) remains in effect to direct our moral judgment and to command us to obey God. While the Law has no power to save us, it certainly has the power to direct our lives by guiding us to make godly choices to avoid sin and to live in a way that honors God.

So, What About Tattoos?

The prohibition for tattoos in Leviticus 19 falls under the ceremonial laws given to the Nation of Israel. The body markings, tattoos, during that time were symbols of pagan worship or identification with other gods and nations. Israel was clearly told to avoid such markings of their flesh, but there is no such prohibition given to Christians.

The simple answer is…it depends. It depends on the motivation behind the decision to get a tattoo, the image of the tattoo, and what it might “say” to others. Does the Tattoo glorify GOD in any way or does it glorify the devil? So the answer is really not very simple at all. This is a question that requires personal discernment using biblical instruction. A Christian knows that they have liberty in Christ Jesus (Galatians 5:1), but with this liberty comes great responsibility.

Therefore, anyone considering getting a tattoo should carefully and prayerfully consider what the tattoo will look like, and what it will “say,” both today and in years to come.

If getting a tattoo is not sinfully motivated (e.g. by rebellion against authority, to adorn, elevate or call attention to oneself in a prideful way, to make a statement for evil, etc) and, if the image and the message of the tattoo is not sinful, then getting a tattoo is not likely a sin.

GOD BLESS YOU ALL.

Hogwash!!!
How can you say prohibition of tattoo falls under the ceremonial law. Whereas BIBLE said our body is the temple of the Holy Spirit and whosoever defile the temple of God (your body) with anything God will destroy.
Stop using your limited brain to interpret scriptures to your own destruction!!!

1 Like

Re: What I Think About Tattoos – Apostle Suleman by MASTERCHIEF0847(m): 3:08pm On Sep 19, 2019
Tattoos existed before Christianity. Oga pastor talk another thing.

1 Like

Re: What I Think About Tattoos – Apostle Suleman by seunmohmoh(f): 3:12pm On Sep 19, 2019
I admire tattoos a lot. If only it wasn't a sin.
Re: What I Think About Tattoos – Apostle Suleman by Jay5mie: 3:13pm On Sep 19, 2019
So all our afonja brothers with tribal mark dun enta gbese!!

Bible condemned a lot of things.

Like wearing cloths with different colours, shaving the side hair(beards) and lots lots more...

You sure say anybody go enta this heaven?
Re: What I Think About Tattoos – Apostle Suleman by seunmohmoh(f): 3:14pm On Sep 19, 2019
post=82376195:

As long as he supports his stance with a verse from the Holy Book, then we are together.

END OF THREAD!

We see them on cable everytime, Doctors. Nurses, Bankers, Managers, IT guys, etc, it is allowed as long as it is not exposed (sometimes) and over more, as long as you do your job and your tatoo is not in the way, you are fine.

In the abroad. Lol
Re: What I Think About Tattoos – Apostle Suleman by safarigirl(f): 3:17pm On Sep 19, 2019
Toks2008:

#FactFile

So, What About Tattoos?

GOD BLESS YOU ALL.

Nothing in the ten commandments mentions tattoos.

It is not a sin.

1 Like

Re: What I Think About Tattoos – Apostle Suleman by ericwise13: 3:17pm On Sep 19, 2019
solmusdesigns:
grin

Oga pastor abeg talk about serious issues like xenophobia, Poverty index , out of school children and leave tattoo, atleast you can start by praying for Air peace Boss onyeama, NDC boss Abike dabiri and offer assistance to returnees, even if its recharge card and data,,..

Anoited Men of God in the Bible headed Isreal out of many real societal problems using Gods guidiance, They prayed and seek guidiance through moses to end slavery in egypt, and migrate to land near philistine... they prayed about poverty , oppresive kings , drought and war..

Oga don't let hate cloud you judgement, go browse about what Suleiman has done concerning all the issues you raised over there and how many peoples expenses he paid for to return from south Africa

2 Likes

Re: What I Think About Tattoos – Apostle Suleman by solmusdesigns: 3:19pm On Sep 19, 2019
ericwise13:
Oga don't let hate cloud you judgement, go browse about what Suleiman has done concerning all the issues you raised over there and how many peoples expenses he paid for to return from south Africa

he paid 20 members airfare.. do you know runina private jet on a return trip cost wey more than what he spent... let him do more as he earn so much tithe
Re: What I Think About Tattoos – Apostle Suleman by selfdefence: 3:20pm On Sep 19, 2019
in as much as i feel indifferent about it, i think you have a strong point there Mr Pastor

2 Likes

Re: What I Think About Tattoos – Apostle Suleman by Toks2008(m): 3:25pm On Sep 19, 2019
Makuos19:

Hogwash!!!
How can you say prohibition of tattoo falls under the ceremonial law. Whereas BIBLE said our body is the temple of the Holy Spirit and whosoever defile the temple of God (your body) with anything God will destroy.
Stop using your limited brain to interpret scriptures to your own destruction!!!

Yap yap!
Re: What I Think About Tattoos – Apostle Suleman by TruthinAction: 3:28pm On Sep 19, 2019
Apostle Suleman's argument is null and void. His reference was taken from the Law of Moses which has long been abolished. If we follow the Law of Moses, we will all be guilty.

Jesus was pictured as having tattoo on his thigh - "And he hath on his vesture and ON HIS THIGH a name written, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS." (Revelation 19:16).

So, what counts is the symbol or the meaning of the tattoo. If it glorifies God, it's OK.
Re: What I Think About Tattoos – Apostle Suleman by Evince(m): 3:29pm On Sep 19, 2019
Christians always cherry-picking their confused bible.
same Leviticus 29 : 27 said dont line your hair and dont shave your beards but the preacher fail to observe the first because i can see that his hair and beards are well shaven

27 “‘Do not cut the hair at the sides of your head or clip off the edges of your beard.

28 “‘Do not cut your bodies for the dead or put tattoo marks on yourselves. I am the Lord.
Re: What I Think About Tattoos – Apostle Suleman by Nobody: 3:30pm On Sep 19, 2019
He shouldn't have said, in my own opinion" That's God's statement, what a human may think or suggest to God does not matter. God Almighty categorical condemned it, by saying Thou shall NOT, so any persons who fails to heed to this command is a criminal before God. QED
Tattoos have deep pagan origin popular among the ancient Babylon, which showed an adherent to a particular demon or deity or a particular temple prostitute, or a thug sect or slave etc. It is a revolves around devil worship, uncanny portents and magic.

1 Like

Re: What I Think About Tattoos – Apostle Suleman by Evince(m): 3:31pm On Sep 19, 2019
did you read verse 27
post=82376195:

END OF THREAD!

Re: What I Think About Tattoos – Apostle Suleman by Evince(m): 3:32pm On Sep 19, 2019
and your blindness didnt allow you to see that he is guilty of verse 27 and cherry-picked verse 28. See foolish ppl wrote all the holy book you know
MrDroiD1:
permanent reminders of a temporary feeling

Powerful!!!

Blind folks will still argue otherwise!
Re: What I Think About Tattoos – Apostle Suleman by jeff1607(m): 3:34pm On Sep 19, 2019
does tattoos given at birth count? (tiger or Naruto marks or those who fought with lion)
Re: What I Think About Tattoos – Apostle Suleman by Evince(m): 3:36pm On Sep 19, 2019
shaving of beards and lining of corners of your head is what
indigene:
He shouldn't have said, in my opinion" But God's statement. God Almighty categorical condemned it, by saying Thou shall NOT, any persons who fails heed to this command is a criminal before God. QED
Tattoos have deep pagan origin popular among the ancient Babylon, which showed an adherent of a particular demon or deity or a particular temple prostitute etc

1 Like

Re: What I Think About Tattoos – Apostle Suleman by Makuos19: 3:38pm On Sep 19, 2019
safarigirl:

Nothing in the ten commandments mentions tattoos.

It is not a sin.
IGNORANCE!!!

HOMOSEXUAL/SAME SEX MARRIAGE is not in the ten commandments. Which means homosexual/same sex marriage is not a sin,..bah
Re: What I Think About Tattoos – Apostle Suleman by Truefaith: 3:38pm On Sep 19, 2019
Check this issue up with your Bible open at

www.thetruechristianfaith.com

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Selfie Sunday: What Are You Wearing To Church Today? / Nigerian Parents Arrested In US After Son Died During Religious Fast. Photos / Pastor Mensah Otabil Lambast Christians In Habit Of ''Tapping'' Grace (Video)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.