Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,675 members, 7,816,774 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:49 PM

MC Oluomo Reacts To Backlash He Received Over His Invitation To Speak In UNILAG - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / MC Oluomo Reacts To Backlash He Received Over His Invitation To Speak In UNILAG (3619 Views)

Abia State Government Reacts To Backlash Of Obidients Over Purchased Hilux Vans / MC Oluomo Reacts To Trump's Defeat, Congratulates Biden / Lai Mohammed Loses Grip… As APC Top-notcher Turns Down His Invitation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

MC Oluomo Reacts To Backlash He Received Over His Invitation To Speak In UNILAG by Bimpeusman: 7:29pm On Sep 19, 2019
Reacting to the criticism, MC Oluomo said he did not attend the event again as he is currently in Abuja attending to urgent matters. He wondered why Nigerians would not want to give an opportunity to a person like him.

MC Oluomo said ;

“I don’t know the reason people are going against the invitation because the people who invited him knew what they wanted him to say. If he had gone there and said something wrong, then the critical reactions would have been justified.

“Is it a crime not to be educated? Should people who did not go to school go and commit suicide? I think that if someone did not go to school and has a large following, it is enough reason for people to invite him to occasions. Those who invited him for the event had a strong reason for doing it.

“People are judging MC Oluomo based on hearsay. You don’t judge a book by its cover. We are also making efforts to change the negative impression people have about him.”

https://all-gists..com/2019/09/mc-oluomo-reacts-backlash-received-invitation-speak-unilag.html

www.nairaland.com/attachments/10251646_screenshot20190919nigeriansreactasmcoluomoisinvitedasaspecialguestataneventinsidetheuniversityoflagos1_jpeg6713e1ad686557d5aa3c195d2ef03eee
Re: MC Oluomo Reacts To Backlash He Received Over His Invitation To Speak In UNILAG by oz4real83(m): 7:32pm On Sep 19, 2019
Ronaldinho, messi, cr7, maradona and many superstar footballers are illiterates but when it comes to the issue of football discussion/education in any higher institution, no professor can teach or discuss anything football better than them. In the issue of transportation which was the issue MC Oluomo was invited to talk about, I believe even without education, he has experience and high level of understanding in the transportation sector. I am not undermining the importance of education but we shouldn't create issues where there are none.

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: MC Oluomo Reacts To Backlash He Received Over His Invitation To Speak In UNILAG by Bimpeusman: 7:34pm On Sep 19, 2019
My country... My people
Re: MC Oluomo Reacts To Backlash He Received Over His Invitation To Speak In UNILAG by Nobody: 7:37pm On Sep 19, 2019
Mr blogger, u can't make money this way undecided

1 Like

Re: MC Oluomo Reacts To Backlash He Received Over His Invitation To Speak In UNILAG by WonderManly(m): 8:48pm On Sep 19, 2019
Is It A Crime Not To Be Educated

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: MC Oluomo Reacts To Backlash He Received Over His Invitation To Speak In UNILAG by Yorubaskullmine: 8:55pm On Sep 19, 2019
Make una allow the mc oluomo be. Many people do not realise that he is the next governor of lagos after sanwo.
Re: MC Oluomo Reacts To Backlash He Received Over His Invitation To Speak In UNILAG by Deepfeel(m): 9:14pm On Sep 19, 2019
The president of Nigeria is not educated so why disturb this guy na grin
Re: MC Oluomo Reacts To Backlash He Received Over His Invitation To Speak In UNILAG by jesmond3945: 10:26pm On Sep 19, 2019
oz4real83:
Ronaldinho, messi, cr7, maradona and many superstar footballers are illiterates but when it comes to the issue of football discussion/education in any higher institution, no professor can teach or discuss anything football better than them. In the issue of transportation which was the issue MC Oluomo was invited to talk about, I believe even without education, he has experience and high level of understanding in the transportation sector. I am not undermining the importance of education but we shouldn't create issues where there are none.
then what would you tell the young ones who labour in school day and night? or the legitimate entrepreneurs? Do you think people will want to go to school anymore?

2 Likes

Re: MC Oluomo Reacts To Backlash He Received Over His Invitation To Speak In UNILAG by ursullalinda(f): 10:46pm On Sep 19, 2019
Still wandering if he was really invited, as in how?
Re: MC Oluomo Reacts To Backlash He Received Over His Invitation To Speak In UNILAG by Nobody: 12:03am On Sep 20, 2019
oz4real83:

If you want to talk of transportation gurus like you have mentioned messi and Ronaldo on sports, you know the right quarters, not reformed actual thugs or political henchmen who have very strong evidence of calamity and mayhem attached to them to speak to young minds going into the society.

You could have aswell invited Evan or Wadume to speak on elderly care and management.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: MC Oluomo Reacts To Backlash He Received Over His Invitation To Speak In UNILAG by FarahAideed: 12:11am On Sep 20, 2019
Our Next Governor of Lagos ..Carry on we are behind U ..Lagos deserves the best Agbero

2 Likes

Re: MC Oluomo Reacts To Backlash He Received Over His Invitation To Speak In UNILAG by Nobody: 2:06am On Sep 20, 2019
The issue is not with his lack of formal education.

The issue many people have is about his persona, shady track records and how his name is linked with nefarious and questionable activities.

11 Likes

Re: MC Oluomo Reacts To Backlash He Received Over His Invitation To Speak In UNILAG by MVLOX(m): 3:03am On Sep 20, 2019
lemme park here.....
Re: MC Oluomo Reacts To Backlash He Received Over His Invitation To Speak In UNILAG by ruggedtimi(m): 3:15am On Sep 20, 2019
Esseite:

If you want to talk of transportation gurus like you have mentioned messi and Ronaldo on sports, you know the right quarters, not reformed actual thugs or political henchmen who have very strong evidence of calamity and mayhem attached to them to speak to young minds going into the society.

You could have aswell invited Evan or Wadume to speak on elderly care and management.
damn!! grin

2 Likes

Re: MC Oluomo Reacts To Backlash He Received Over His Invitation To Speak In UNILAG by biggie73(m): 4:48am On Sep 20, 2019
oz4real83:
....with due respect to you and MC Oluomo, he only knows the thugnomics of road transportation in Lagos. Inviting him to our Ivory Tower is an insult to the body of academic excellence.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: MC Oluomo Reacts To Backlash He Received Over His Invitation To Speak In UNILAG by biggie73(m): 4:52am On Sep 20, 2019
WonderManly:
Is It A Crime Not To Be Educated
....it is not a crime to be uneducated. It is an insult to invite a symbol of violence to engage in an intellectual discussion in an Ivory Tower like UNILAG.

6 Likes

Re: MC Oluomo Reacts To Backlash He Received Over His Invitation To Speak In UNILAG by jojomario(m): 5:05am On Sep 20, 2019
oz4real83:
inviting MC is not the issue because he has some knowledge on transportation. But, when will our society stop promoting miscreants and those that are well known to be menace to the public. Let's call a spade a sapde, he has no good definition to stand before scholars. Don't let us promote nuisance and thuggery and let the younger generation feels what they do is legitimate.. Government can call him to public seminar, I don't care but not in school.

5 Likes

Re: MC Oluomo Reacts To Backlash He Received Over His Invitation To Speak In UNILAG by Nobody: 5:09am On Sep 20, 2019
Esseite:

Do you have proof? Why not petition the appropriate authority against him if you do rather than make baseless accusations? Are you not the one actually sounding like an illiterate when you want a knowledge-based society to be condemning a man over conjectures and unproven allegations?

Your talk of Evans just shows how ignorant you are. MC Oluomo, whatever you think of him, is an official representative of the NURTW. What was Evans official job? When Jonathan was giving maritime protection contracts to illiterate militant warlord Tompolo who cannot even speak English, and his ilk,, did you and your fellow PDP wailers complain? Hear Oluomo's name and start hyperventilating. Is he actually not qualified to speak in regards to NURTW business , Like Tajudeen Agbede et al, as an official of the group? Yes or no?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: MC Oluomo Reacts To Backlash He Received Over His Invitation To Speak In UNILAG by Nobody: 5:25am On Sep 20, 2019
biggie73:
....with due respect to you and MC Oluomo, he only knows the thugnomics of road transportation in Lagos. Inviting him to our Ivory Tower is an insult to the body of academic excellence.

Is he an official representative of the NURTW or not. Simple yes or no abeg. You guys are the ones who talk like illiterates when you want to deny a man the standing his occupation accords him based alone on your negative perception of him and not any wrongdoing proven against him. Are any of the NURTW bosses different to MC Oluomo yet you dimwit don't even know when they are invited to speak anywhere let alone be disturbing us with righteous indignation about them been given an audience. It is only MC you all have a hard-on for as if he is the only NURTW member in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: MC Oluomo Reacts To Backlash He Received Over His Invitation To Speak In UNILAG by Nobody: 5:40am On Sep 20, 2019
candidtalk:

Do you have proof? Why not petition the appropriate authority against him if you do rather than make baseless accusations? Are you not the one actually sounding like an illiterate when you want a knowledge-based society to be condemning a man over conjectures and unproven allegations?

Your talk of Evans just shows how ignorant you are. MC Oluomo, whatever you think of him, is an official representative of the NURTW. What was Evans official job? When Jonathan was giving maritime protection contracts to illiterate militant warlord Tompolo who cannot even speak English, and his ilk,, did you and your fellow PDP wailers complain? Hear Oluomo's name and start hyperventilating. Is he actually not qualified to speak in regards to NURTW business , Like Tajudeen Agbede et al, as an official of the group? Yes or no?

I really dont know how you brought political party partisan talk into this, we are talking of keynote speakers to academic undergraduates.. he works with NURTW, and how has NURTW transformed between previous years and now that warrants him giving lectures to academicians..

Were you not here during the election periods in Lagos and Osun, were you not aware of the stabbings and bloodletting at campaign ground by groups loyal to such individuals..

What is our business with Tompolo, tompolo is a thug with fatal and thuggish track records and not worthy to educate or speak with academic students on any regard in the society..

This is not a political party affair, it is setting mentor examples for undergraduates abeg..

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: MC Oluomo Reacts To Backlash He Received Over His Invitation To Speak In UNILAG by biggie73(m): 5:53am On Sep 20, 2019
candidtalk:

Is he an official representative of the NURTW or not. Simple yes or no abeg. You guys are the ones who talk like illiterates when you want to deny a man the standing his occupation accords him based alone on your negative perception of him and not any wrongdoing proven against him. Are any of the NURTW bosses different to MC Oluomo yet you dimwit don't even know when they are invited to speak anywhere let alone be disturbing us with righteous indignation about them been given an audience. It is only MC you all have a hard-on for as if he is the only NURTW member in Nigeria.
....I know you are a thugnomist like him....

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: MC Oluomo Reacts To Backlash He Received Over His Invitation To Speak In UNILAG by Ikegift4real(m): 6:25am On Sep 20, 2019
In a country where rogues are the political elites.
A country where tacha with all the character issues will win bbn.
A country where religious leaders bread hate.
A country where the citizens careless about important national issues and give there attention to frivolities.
What do I know, we HV not seen nothing yet.
Re: MC Oluomo Reacts To Backlash He Received Over His Invitation To Speak In UNILAG by omenka(m): 6:33am On Sep 20, 2019
I think most of the noise regarding this stems from nothing but his taking sides with APC. Very few things whose origins you can't trace to politics these days.
Re: MC Oluomo Reacts To Backlash He Received Over His Invitation To Speak In UNILAG by WonderManly(m): 6:44am On Sep 20, 2019
biggie73:
....it is not a crime to be uneducated. It is an insult to invite a symbol of violence to engage in an intellectual discussion in an Ivory Tower like UNILAG.
Yes. Nice one... Very sensible answer!
Re: MC Oluomo Reacts To Backlash He Received Over His Invitation To Speak In UNILAG by netpro(m): 6:47am On Sep 20, 2019
jesmond3945:
then what would you tell the young ones who labour in school day and night? or the legitimate entrepreneurs? Do you think people will want to go to school anymore?

Former education is an effort to equip an individual with knowledge and skills (read, write and deductive logic) for the future.

Paper certificate in not everything. But a means to an end.

The most successful and richest people in life are not professors. But anyone can.
Re: MC Oluomo Reacts To Backlash He Received Over His Invitation To Speak In UNILAG by netpro(m): 6:53am On Sep 20, 2019
biggie73:

You missed point. It is a case of bringing in an Expert in a transport discussion.

2Baba is not a graduate, but he is an Expert in the Music Industry.

He is NOT there to teach violence. That one is another of his Expertise (incase you need that). grin
Re: MC Oluomo Reacts To Backlash He Received Over His Invitation To Speak In UNILAG by ChristianNorth: 6:59am On Sep 20, 2019
oz4real83:
You guys celebrate criminals and touts.

So Chairman of touts has high level of understanding of the transport sector over those that actually make the sector to tick?

Even BRT CEO has a better understanding of how Lagos transport system works that Chairman of touts.

Una need help.

6 Likes

Re: MC Oluomo Reacts To Backlash He Received Over His Invitation To Speak In UNILAG by ChristianNorth: 7:04am On Sep 20, 2019
candidtalk:

You guys are something else.

Sophisticated foot. Keep enforcing criminals

4 Likes

Re: MC Oluomo Reacts To Backlash He Received Over His Invitation To Speak In UNILAG by jesmond3945: 7:04am On Sep 20, 2019
netpro:

Former education is an effort to equip an individual with knowledge and skills (read, write and deductive logic) for the future.

Paper certificate in not everything. But a means to an end.

The most successful and richest people in life are not professors. But anyone can.
yea i know but what motivation would a student aspiring to get from a know thug?if it was a public lecture i won't have bothered but to bring him inside the citadel of learning thats like slapping students in the face. No reputable university in the world will do that. If you have any give me an example.
Re: MC Oluomo Reacts To Backlash He Received Over His Invitation To Speak In UNILAG by netpro(m): 7:10am On Sep 20, 2019
jesmond3945:
yea i know but what motivation would a student aspiring to get from a know thug?if it was a public lecture i won't have bothered but to bring him inside the citadel of learning thats like slapping students in the face. No reputable university in the world will do that. If you have any give me an example.

Are those same students not following bobyrisky, tonto, bbn, etc?

The event is about Transportation, let's stick to the issue. Or are you saying he is not qualify to discuss Transportation in Lagos?

(1) (2) (Reply)

A Comrade Goes Home To Rest. Lt. Hamza Buba Dies While Fighting Terror / The Concept Of Belonging To An 'Ethnic Group' Is UnAfrican. Discuss. / Segun Oni Dump Apc For Pdp Ahead Of 2023

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.