Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,757 members, 7,817,090 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:39 AM

DTC Code P-2716: Corolla 2005-2007 - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / DTC Code P-2716: Corolla 2005-2007 (6254 Views)

Who Has A 2005-2007 Corolla For Sale / 2005-2007 Corolla Engine Coolant/antifreeze OEM / What D Difference Between 2005-2007 Corolla Ce Le Xle Xrs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

DTC Code P-2716: Corolla 2005-2007 by props: 6:18am On Sep 20, 2019
Guys!
Please who has experienced the DTC code P-2716 on 2005-2007 Toyota Corolla?

It is an electrical problem that affects the transmission.
It's characterised by a hard shift.

I need a possible solution to the problem
Re: DTC Code P-2716: Corolla 2005-2007 by autologic: 9:12am On Sep 20, 2019
It either your pressure control solenoid is shot ,wiring or ecu issue ,don't go and throw parts to the problem but thorough low level diagnosis will reveal the root cause of the issue .

1 Like

Re: DTC Code P-2716: Corolla 2005-2007 by TRYGO(m): 9:17am On Sep 20, 2019
Some questions for you:
1. What are the symptoms you're getting?
2. What's the level of your transmission fluid?
3. Have you replaced it before?
4. What specific model here?
5. What job has being done after you noticed this problem?

Suggestions:
1. From the code, this has to do with a deteriorating fluid line pressures within one of the transmission system solenoids in the gearbox.

Its what a transmission should be able to replaced (but some would just want to go the outright replacement route though).

2. Electrical issues with either the wiring harness on that actuator solenoids (I mean a short circuit or open circuit). In this case, replacing the solenoid won't fixed it.
Repair the wires, if its bad.

3. Next could be the TCM, which one some cars are attached to the transmission system outside. On some models, Toyota made away with those, and incorporated the transmission system controls in the car's ECU.

Hope this gives you more info to work with.

PS: If you got no time, and in a hurry for a mobility, then outright REPLACEMENT OF TRANSMISSION SYSTEM if you got the resources.

If you're a guy that just does not want to know exactly what happened, and a repair, then the actuator solenoid should be replaced (before considering the ECU).

I know this might be ridiculous, but have the transmission system filter inspected for cracks. I had a similar experience fixing a Siena. Glad, we didn't replaced the transmission assembly entirely.

Regards,
Joseph (08066643532:calls/WhatsApp)
DW Nig Ltd
Isolo
Lagos

1 Like

Re: DTC Code P-2716: Corolla 2005-2007 by TRYGO(m): 9:20am On Sep 20, 2019
That's where some of the solenoids are located.
The harnesses are what you see coloured green.

This was a Sienna 2005

Re: DTC Code P-2716: Corolla 2005-2007 by TRYGO(m): 9:23am On Sep 20, 2019
Here's the transmission system filter that was a culprit in the Sienna.
The mesh media is clogged with dirt, limiting fluid pressure to the appropriate solenoids.

Re: DTC Code P-2716: Corolla 2005-2007 by TRYGO(m): 9:26am On Sep 20, 2019
Notice the crack at the middle of the filter casing

Re: DTC Code P-2716: Corolla 2005-2007 by props: 2:03am On Sep 21, 2019
TRYGO:

Some questions for you:
1. What are the symptoms you're getting?
2. What's the level of your transmission fluid?
3. Have you replaced it before?
4. What specific model here?
5. What job has being done after you noticed this problem?

Suggestions:
1. From the code, this has to do with a deteriorating fluid line pressures within one of the transmission system solenoids in the gearbox.

Its what a transmission should be able to replaced (but some would just want to go the outright replacement route though).

2. Electrical issues with either the wiring harness on that actuator solenoids (I mean a short circuit or open circuit). In this case, replacing the solenoid won't fixed it.
Repair the wires, if its bad.

3. Next could be the TCM, which one some cars are attached to the transmission system outside. On some models, Toyota made away with those, and incorporated the transmission system controls in the car's ECU.

Hope this gives you more info to work with.

PS: If you got no time, and in a hurry for a mobility, then outright REPLACEMENT OF TRANSMISSION SYSTEM if you got the resources.

If you're a guy that just does not want to know exactly what happened, and a repair, then the actuator solenoid should be replaced (before considering the ECU).

I know this might be ridiculous, but have the transmission system filter inspected for cracks. I had a similar experience fixing a Siena. Glad, we didn't replaced the transmission assembly entirely.

Regards,
Joseph (08066643532:calls/WhatsApp)
DW Nig Ltd
Isolo
Lagos

Thank you for your responses!!

1. My symptoms are:
A heavy force that makes transmission from gear 1 to 2 very obvious. The force is also experienced when the transmission is engaged from P to R, R to N and also N to P.
But the transmissions to the higher gear levels (2 to 3 to 4 to 5) are smooth.

2. The transmission fluid level guages at the required level.

3. Yes, I replaced the fluid in January 2018, when I got the car with toyota T- IV.
I replaced the transmission fluid again and filter, 2 week ago when the issue started. But the issue didn't stop.
The fluid removed was very neat, and the filter was very clean, no particles nor debris.

4. 2006 model.

5. Just the transmission oil change.

The problem started while i was traveling and there was heavy rainfall, almost all through the 2 hours journey.
Re: DTC Code P-2716: Corolla 2005-2007 by ekwe01: 1:45am On Feb 07, 2020
plz i need help. my 07 corolla showed code p2716 shift solonoid D electrical and check engine light is showing steady. I experience a hard shift whenever i select gear from D or R. and also when gear is changing from 1 to 2.
I changed the solonoid brain box and its still happening. plz help
Re: DTC Code P-2716: Corolla 2005-2007 by ekwe01: 1:47am On Feb 07, 2020
plz i need help. my 07 corolla showed code p2716 shift solonoid D electrical and check engine light is showing steady. I experience a hard shift whenever i select gear from D or R. and also when gear is changing from 1 to 2.
Re: DTC Code P-2716: Corolla 2005-2007 by Olayetan(m): 7:42pm On Jan 01, 2022
autologic:
It either your pressure control solenoid is shot ,wiring or ecu issue ,don't go and throw parts to the problem but thorough low level diagnosis will reveal the root cause of the issue .

Good evening

Pls I'm also experiencing same thing with my Corolla 06, same code but my gear selects but car doesn't accelerate and when I start the engine and match throttle, it doesn't raise at all.

Pls what could be the cause, below is the code the scan read

Re: DTC Code P-2716: Corolla 2005-2007 by autologic: 8:11pm On Jan 01, 2022
Olayetan:

Good evening

Pls I'm also experiencing same thing with my Corolla 06, same code but my gear selects but car doesn't accelerate and when I start the engine and match throttle, it doesn't raise at all.

F
Re: DTC Code P-2716: Corolla 2005-2007 by autologic: 8:13pm On Jan 01, 2022
Olayetan:

Good evening

For the issue of throttle not raising, focus on the p2118 error code .Further electrical troubleshooting is required on the throttle control assembly to detect the issue .
Area of concentration P: Throttle body, wiring, and ecu
Re: DTC Code P-2716: Corolla 2005-2007 by jyde4mee(m): 2:40pm On Jun 25, 2022
ekwe01:

Good day brother, have you gotten solution to the code? Am having same issue and I need urgent info on how I can fix it. Thanks
Re: DTC Code P-2716: Corolla 2005-2007 by jyde4mee(m): 2:42pm On Jun 25, 2022
Olayetan:

Good evening

Good day... have you been able to resolve this issue? If yes, what was done because am having same issue

(1) (Reply)

Peugeot 307 "Depollution System Faulty" - What? / Price Of 07 Camry Engine And Gear Box / Which Should I Choose Between 2007-2010 Toyota Camry Or Honda Accord?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.