Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,045 members, 7,821,595 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:28 PM

If You Had The Chance To Go Back To School Will You Still Study The Same Course - Career (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / If You Had The Chance To Go Back To School Will You Still Study The Same Course (32339 Views)

Go Back To School At Age 40 / 10 Mistakes You Are Currently Making That Might Damage Your Chance Of Success / Should I Go Back To School Or Continue Working? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Had The Chance To Go Back To School Will You Still Study The Same Course by Mires: 8:44am On Sep 22, 2019
Deltatoto:
ok

My Hon. E no go bad if your guy chop Sunday rice and chicken from you. The essence of living is giving.
Re: If You Had The Chance To Go Back To School Will You Still Study The Same Course by Adakintroy2: 9:09am On Sep 22, 2019
tunary:
This sociology are there calculation in it

Yeah..it's a science of some sought. It employs scientific methodologies. Stats and data analysis.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If You Had The Chance To Go Back To School Will You Still Study The Same Course by Adakintroy2: 9:18am On Sep 22, 2019
Spygadgets19:
Good! Do you have a job in your supposed field?

Technically no and yes. Sociology is a way of looking at the world broadly.all the institution taken into consideration.( law, politics, economics, religion, science, culture,) all components that make up society. It's a more or less broad level analysis of the various socio institutions. Any one grounded enough need not concern with jobs. Those are secondary consideration. It's thinking permit one enough to be a job in himself if preferred.

1 Like

Re: If You Had The Chance To Go Back To School Will You Still Study The Same Course by midnighter(f): 10:14am On Sep 22, 2019
LordPherule:

Even Corp members posted to private school teach more than that.

Yes..and if they try to talk the principal starts victimising them..shame..
Re: If You Had The Chance To Go Back To School Will You Still Study The Same Course by 3rdavefarms(m): 10:19am On Sep 22, 2019
osaskywire:
education line?..
like educational course ...
please my course was changed to education still thinking if I should accept it or not ..cos I really don't know the job opportunities in it other than teaching

You can work in teacher training college
Ministry of education
Federal ministry of education
NTI
Analyst in any organization
Editor of a news paper

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If You Had The Chance To Go Back To School Will You Still Study The Same Course by LordPherule(m): 10:31am On Sep 22, 2019
midnighter:

Yes..and if they try to talk the principal starts victimising them..shame..

You really understand the plight Corp members face. I'm presently facing that.
Re: If You Had The Chance To Go Back To School Will You Still Study The Same Course by midnighter(f): 10:37am On Sep 22, 2019
LordPherule:

You really understand the plight Corp members face. I'm presently facing that.

Yea i had an acquaintance posted to a private school...she taught like 10 subjects...came back late everyday...when they went to approach the principal the whole thing turned to Africa Magic...it was terrible..

Just take heart...its only a year...

1 Like

Re: If You Had The Chance To Go Back To School Will You Still Study The Same Course by Mordecai(m): 10:39am On Sep 22, 2019
safarigirl:
I know someone whose mother sold all her possessions for her to go to Law School and become a Barrister, now, she has become a Barrister, but work no dey. The mother told her, if she had known, she would have studied Education, at least work for dey.

Even the lawyers you see working in firms, how much is their salary? 25-40k. It is well sha

shocked

I see a market where lawyers take a lot of cash home. That's what I see.

The country is finally getting ripe for law practice. I'm actually mulling getting a law degree and going to law school.
Re: If You Had The Chance To Go Back To School Will You Still Study The Same Course by midnighter(f): 10:41am On Sep 22, 2019
Masionreay:
I won't advice my enemies to attend Uniport...

Lol i have so many family members there...hope this thing is just propaganda hahaha

sorry for your lacklustre experience though
Re: If You Had The Chance To Go Back To School Will You Still Study The Same Course by midnighter(f): 10:54am On Sep 22, 2019
Spygadgets19:
Hell No!! I wish i had stayed back home and kept writing Jamb then pick a better course relevant to the job market or a vocational course, but as at that time I had no mentor to advice me, except my parents who thought it didn't matter what I studied.
What has B.A Philosophy given me? To think the lecturers were hardcore sadists who ensured that students don't pass. Most importantly there are no job adverts looking for B.A Philosophy.

Have you tried teaching? i would have loved to have had a philosophy teacher
Re: If You Had The Chance To Go Back To School Will You Still Study The Same Course by Deltatoto: 11:09am On Sep 22, 2019
Mires:

My Hon. E no go bad if your guy chop Sunday rice and chicken from you. The essence of living is giving.
true my man dm ur details
Re: If You Had The Chance To Go Back To School Will You Still Study The Same Course by tunary(m): 11:25am On Sep 22, 2019
Adakintroy2:

Yeah..it's a science of some sought. It employs scientific methodologies. Stats and data analysis.
So which courses do you think doesn't involves calculation?
Re: If You Had The Chance To Go Back To School Will You Still Study The Same Course by safarigirl(f): 11:47am On Sep 22, 2019
Mordecai:

shocked

I see a market where lawyers take a lot of cash home. That's what I see.

The country is finally getting ripe for law practice. I'm actually mulling getting a law degree and going to law school.

Good luck.
Re: If You Had The Chance To Go Back To School Will You Still Study The Same Course by Nobody: 12:13pm On Sep 22, 2019
midnighter:

Have you tried teaching? i would have loved to have had a philosophy teacher
I have no passion for teaching.
Re: If You Had The Chance To Go Back To School Will You Still Study The Same Course by Mires: 1:24pm On Sep 22, 2019
Deltatoto:

Hon. God's continuous blessing will be your portion and household. Please check your email.
Re: If You Had The Chance To Go Back To School Will You Still Study The Same Course by Thane(m): 1:25pm On Sep 22, 2019
[quote author=Deltatoto post=82451194]how [/quote

T
Re: If You Had The Chance To Go Back To School Will You Still Study The Same Course by Deltatoto: 2:47pm On Sep 22, 2019
Mires:

Hon. God's continuous blessing will be your portion and household. Please check your email.
god bless us all
Re: If You Had The Chance To Go Back To School Will You Still Study The Same Course by fawaz050(m): 2:59pm On Sep 22, 2019
sexiestharam:
Never! I read Chemical Engineering. I should have read industrial relations and Human Resource Management!

Why?
Re: If You Had The Chance To Go Back To School Will You Still Study The Same Course by Thane(m): 3:01pm On Sep 22, 2019
Deltatoto:
how

T
Re: If You Had The Chance To Go Back To School Will You Still Study The Same Course by fawaz050(m): 3:12pm On Sep 22, 2019
Ebukawaylaid:

Bro, good morning. I'm a final year student of Economics. Please, what advice do you have for your junior colleague. Thanks

If you're a high flying student, try enrolling for a professional exam like ICAN and Co. It may really come in handy. Economics no be waste and practice your Excel very well
Re: If You Had The Chance To Go Back To School Will You Still Study The Same Course by OluwasureGig: 3:45pm On Sep 22, 2019
chukzyfcbb:

lool

I studied geology because of this same mindset, I wanted to break into the Oil and Gas sector atall cost.

I dey find "oyel money"

But then life hits us all, 80% of all my geology guys are not working in a Geo Field, be it oil and gas or mining.

most are doing something totally unrelated (banking, tech, Education etc)
Even the best guy in my set is not practicing in that field now.

Except you go open your own Borehole company, lol smiley

Don't Goan waste money ontop those HSE1,2,&3 training, except you get a job there at PH.

Like you said to get into those Oil and gas firm na Leg work smiley

I had liked tech for a very long time even while in school, so I easily made the transition.

If I could roll back the hands of time, I would have listened to our sec.sch teachers who were persuading us to try abroad.

guys I was better than then, were smashing SAT score and getting half scholarship, while I dey read for mumu postume.

would have been out of this shit hole 9ja by now smiley
bro your story and I are almost the same except that I never did any other thing in school aside focus on geoscience. I don't even have any skill going forward. God knows I would be abroad if I had the slightest opportunity cos I had always wanted to marry a white woman ever since I was a child. it has dawned on me that going to school in this country is nothing but a total waste of time and resources. I sit down sometimes and imagine if all the money I spent in school were to be given to me to do business or even travel abroad to go hustle and I just can't help but get depressed. our leaders have greatly failed us I tell you.things keep getting worse everyday in this country. I fear for the generations unborn
Re: If You Had The Chance To Go Back To School Will You Still Study The Same Course by OluwasureGig: 3:49pm On Sep 22, 2019
Deltatoto:
boss abeg add me to the list for today. life hard for corpers like us wey government school no dey give shishi untop that one bills go finish allawee even before in even enter.
Re: If You Had The Chance To Go Back To School Will You Still Study The Same Course by Ebukawaylaid(m): 4:36pm On Sep 22, 2019
fawaz050:

If you're a high flying student, try enrolling for a professional exam like ICAN and Co. It may really come in handy. Economics no be waste and practice your Excel very well

Thanks bro.
Re: If You Had The Chance To Go Back To School Will You Still Study The Same Course by Deltatoto: 5:01pm On Sep 22, 2019
OluwasureGig:

boss abeg add me to the list for today. life hard for corpers like us wey government school no dey give shishi untop that one bills go finish allawee even before in even enter.
r u in delta ?
Re: If You Had The Chance To Go Back To School Will You Still Study The Same Course by Thane(m): 5:05pm On Sep 22, 2019
Deltatoto:
r u in delta ?

yes
Re: If You Had The Chance To Go Back To School Will You Still Study The Same Course by OluwasureGig: 5:11pm On Sep 22, 2019
Deltatoto:
r u in delta ?
no boss used to live at nitel in Asaba before I left for service. currently serving in port Harcourt
Re: If You Had The Chance To Go Back To School Will You Still Study The Same Course by Sirwallace(m): 6:55pm On Sep 22, 2019
I would study mechanical engineering over and over again but wont near nigeria for the study or practice. 99% of the lecturers here know nothing practical about the course. Common CAD and sollid work hard for these people.

After graduating with the hype strong 2.1 with no opportunity to show for it.

With solid engineering background, I can divert to ICT which is the route I am taking now.

Done with HTML and CSS.
Now on this stubborn javascript.
Surprisingly i did all this with a phone as No money since laptop got stolen During NYSC.

The ultimate goal is web and app development and data science.

Still on the look out for job, i would appreciate anyone who will offer help cus things has not been easy.
Re: If You Had The Chance To Go Back To School Will You Still Study The Same Course by Thane(m): 7:07pm On Sep 22, 2019
Sirwallace:
I would study mechanical engineering over and over again but wont near nigeria for the study or practice. 99% of the lecturers here know nothing practical about the course. Common CAD and sollid work hard for these people.

After graduating with the hype strong 2.1 with no opportunity to show for it.

With solid engineering background, I can divert to ICT which is the route I am taking now.

Done with HTML and CSS.
Now on this stubborn javascript.
Surprisingly i did all this with a phone as No money since laptop got stolen During NYSC.

The ultimate goal is web and app development and data science.

Still on the look out for job, i would appreciate anyone who will offer help cus things has not been easy.

HTML and CSS with phone? bro please guide me on how to do this too.
Re: If You Had The Chance To Go Back To School Will You Still Study The Same Course by Deltatoto: 7:18pm On Sep 22, 2019
OluwasureGig:

no boss used to live at nitel in Asaba before I left for service.
currently serving in port Harcourt
cable point area?i go send u money for drink
Re: If You Had The Chance To Go Back To School Will You Still Study The Same Course by Adakintroy2: 7:25pm On Sep 22, 2019
tunary:
So which courses do you think doesn't involves calculation?

I don't know what you getting at. I was ask if it involves calculation and I reply in the affirmative.
Re: If You Had The Chance To Go Back To School Will You Still Study The Same Course by Deltatoto: 7:44pm On Sep 22, 2019
Thane:

boss please consider me too. I'm from Otuogwu qtrs Asaba, Delta state. Kindly help sir, I will appreciate. I stay in Asaba too near stadium, but I'm not currently around now
wow can you come to quarters

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Seamen: Ratings, Officers, Engineers, Captains: Please Share Your Experience / Magistrate Denies A Muslim Counsel Audience For Wearing Hijab / Daniel Joshua Reveals Why He Returned 3 Months N-Power Stipends

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.