Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,901 members, 7,824,779 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 05:14 PM

Honest Nigerian Returns $80K Bitcoins Transferred To Him In Error (photos) - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Honest Nigerian Returns $80K Bitcoins Transferred To Him In Error (photos) (1320 Views)

BE HONEST!! Nigerian Comedian You Don’t Find Funny Is____? / Nigerian Man returns 98 Million Naira Mistakenly Transferred To Him - Pic / #bbnaija: Exposing My Boobs, An Honest Mistake – Alex (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Honest Nigerian Returns $80K Bitcoins Transferred To Him In Error (photos) by MrAnele(m): 10:51pm On Sep 20, 2019
Have you heard about the story of the Nigerian who returned to its rightful owner $80,000 worth of bitcoins mistakenly transferred to his account. Amidst reports of some bad Nigerians, this is a story worth to share and cheer:

A Nigerian who found $80,000 dollar’s worth of bitcoin had been mistakenly transferred to him, has returned it to the owner.

Keith Mali Chung woke up to find 7.8 bitcoins in his account. That is the equivalent of $80,000 or NGN28,840,000.00. He immediately began trying to track down the owner of the bitcoins.

Bitcoin is the original digital currency that is exchanged between users online.

“I trade in bitcoin, but never such a high amount,” Mali Chung explains on the phone from the Nigerian capital, Abuja and continues, “I knew it had to be a mistake so I posted an announcement via some WhatsApp groups to track down the owner.

”Three days passed and no-one responded, so Mali Chung took to Twitter to track down the owner. That prompted a response from someone who had the correct encryption code for the transaction.

Chung’s actions earned him significant social media acclaim and even the moniker of “African/Nigerian good Samaritan” on crypto Twitter. Had he failed to identify the sender, he had pledged to donate the accidentally gotten proceeds to Binance, which organizes a series of philanthropic projects via its charity arm.

https://listwand.com/honest-nigerian-returns-80k-bitcoins-transferred-to-him-in-error/

Re: Honest Nigerian Returns $80K Bitcoins Transferred To Him In Error (photos) by Cocotrendz(m): 11:16pm On Sep 20, 2019
Wow,... In this my broke-life situation.... Lord takeaway all temptations ooooo

3 Likes

Re: Honest Nigerian Returns $80K Bitcoins Transferred To Him In Error (photos) by MrAnele(m): 11:22pm On Sep 20, 2019
Cocotrendz:
Wow,... In this my broke-life situation.... Lord takeaway all temptations ooooo

Lol... Amen

2 Likes

Re: Honest Nigerian Returns $80K Bitcoins Transferred To Him In Error (photos) by Sirmuel1(m): 11:34pm On Sep 20, 2019
I keep saying it, there are so many good People out there, and majority of them are Nigerians.

1 Like

Re: Honest Nigerian Returns $80K Bitcoins Transferred To Him In Error (photos) by adewest1999(m): 11:35pm On Sep 20, 2019
grin
Re: Honest Nigerian Returns $80K Bitcoins Transferred To Him In Error (photos) by amaniro: 11:38pm On Sep 20, 2019
And then? Must you publish your "integrity" like your president?

2 Likes

Re: Honest Nigerian Returns $80K Bitcoins Transferred To Him In Error (photos) by Dathypebruv(m): 11:38pm On Sep 20, 2019
Kai.......
Re: Honest Nigerian Returns $80K Bitcoins Transferred To Him In Error (photos) by Houseofglam7(f): 3:05am On Sep 21, 2019
Not all Nigerians are fraudsters.
Not all fraudsters are Nigerians.
smiley
Re: Honest Nigerian Returns $80K Bitcoins Transferred To Him In Error (photos) by cenaman(m): 3:32am On Sep 21, 2019
GOD deliver me from all temtation.
Re: Honest Nigerian Returns $80K Bitcoins Transferred To Him In Error (photos) by MrAnele(m): 7:20am On Sep 21, 2019
cenaman:
GOD deliver me from all temtation.
Amen.

1 Like

Re: Honest Nigerian Returns $80K Bitcoins Transferred To Him In Error (photos) by tstx(m): 8:51am On Sep 21, 2019
Sirmuel1:
I keep saying it, there are so many good People out there, and majority of them are Nigerians.

Well... I can't say I concur

1 Like

Re: Honest Nigerian Returns $80K Bitcoins Transferred To Him In Error (photos) by youngbang(m): 8:58am On Sep 21, 2019
cool
Re: Honest Nigerian Returns $80K Bitcoins Transferred To Him In Error (photos) by Sirmuel1(m): 9:01am On Sep 21, 2019
tstx:

Well... I can't say I concur

cheesy grin
Re: Honest Nigerian Returns $80K Bitcoins Transferred To Him In Error (photos) by MrAnele(m): 10:50am On Sep 21, 2019
Houseofglam7:
Not all Nigerians are fraudsters. Not all fraudsters are Nigerians. smiley
loud it

1 Like

Re: Honest Nigerian Returns $80K Bitcoins Transferred To Him In Error (photos) by MrAnele(m): 3:39pm On Sep 21, 2019
amaniro:

In your mind
Re: Honest Nigerian Returns $80K Bitcoins Transferred To Him In Error (photos) by yashedabai(m): 7:47am On Sep 22, 2019
Great! Man of integrity

1 Like

Re: Honest Nigerian Returns $80K Bitcoins Transferred To Him In Error (photos) by nadesh(f): 7:53am On Sep 22, 2019
amaniro:
Yes he should. If you can post scammers and dishonesty, we can also post about honesty

1 Like

Re: Honest Nigerian Returns $80K Bitcoins Transferred To Him In Error (photos) by MrAnele(m): 5:22pm On Sep 23, 2019
nadesh:

Yes he should. If you can post scammers and dishonesty, we can also post about honesty

Please tell him

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Star-struck Ladies Seen Touching Wizkid’s Shirt At An Event, While Begging Him / Love In Royalty: Prince Olatunji Olusoji And Tracy Osaosemwen’s Traditional Marr / Mimi Ubini Narrates How A Pastor Wanted Sex With Her In Exchange For A Reference

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.