Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,877 members, 7,817,585 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:56 PM

XENOPHOBIA: Nigerians Find Safe Havens In Zimbabwe, Mozambique, Others - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / XENOPHOBIA: Nigerians Find Safe Havens In Zimbabwe, Mozambique, Others (40109 Views)

Honesty and Contentment: My Experience In Zimbabwe. / Xenophobia: 315 South Africa Returnees Arrive Nigeria (Photos) / Xenophobia: Nigerians Board A Bus To South African Airport, Set To Return Home (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: XENOPHOBIA: Nigerians Find Safe Havens In Zimbabwe, Mozambique, Others by Nobody: 3:16pm On Sep 21, 2019
Ahoy!! Safe landing.
Re: XENOPHOBIA: Nigerians Find Safe Havens In Zimbabwe, Mozambique, Others by HarryDuce(m): 3:17pm On Sep 21, 2019
Do they have papers? I hope they won't go there and 'dominate' the locals now that they're already talking about laziness.

This useless pride and uncouth nature of Nigerians will take us nowhere honestly. Nigerians are simply carrying the brunt of lawlessness to these countries. In the 21st century, welfare from the government in certain areas is the norm in most sane countries. That you're not used to such privileges in the least is not the fault of your hosts. We don't need another case in our hands please.

3 Likes

Re: XENOPHOBIA: Nigerians Find Safe Havens In Zimbabwe, Mozambique, Others by Eraserubbish(m): 3:17pm On Sep 21, 2019
Sleevia:
I hope u no click that thing. Omo d guy dey steal password o
click fire...so some ppl actually click it?...
La click la mad
Re: XENOPHOBIA: Nigerians Find Safe Havens In Zimbabwe, Mozambique, Others by Kingspin(m): 3:17pm On Sep 21, 2019
I can never blame or stop anybody who aim to leave Nigeria
Re: XENOPHOBIA: Nigerians Find Safe Havens In Zimbabwe, Mozambique, Others by Timijo(m): 3:18pm On Sep 21, 2019
IGBOSON1:
Ironic they can’t find that same safe heaven in a place they’re told is their country!
My brother, when Nigerians live home for another country they don't want to return again because of the differences.

4 Likes

Re: XENOPHOBIA: Nigerians Find Safe Havens In Zimbabwe, Mozambique, Others by notoriousbabe: 3:18pm On Sep 21, 2019
Rubicon67:

I just hope we won't go there and start becoming nuisance with our loud and 'take over' attitude.
people like criminal minded NaijaRoyalty will surely do that

1 Like

Re: XENOPHOBIA: Nigerians Find Safe Havens In Zimbabwe, Mozambique, Others by Baroba(m): 3:20pm On Sep 21, 2019
Madibah:
This is dramatically ominous..
Zimbabwe na country?

A country with better infrastructure than Nigeria, you need to visit Harare.

14 Likes

Re: XENOPHOBIA: Nigerians Find Safe Havens In Zimbabwe, Mozambique, Others by Sleevia: 3:21pm On Sep 21, 2019
Madibah:

Dem b bastard ...so them fit steal password through day link..

People don mad o

I clicked it many months ago using another handle just to see what happens. And few days later I got an email threatening me pay bitcoin otherwise I would have my sex chat leaked to the public. I no even mind the guy cos I didn't have such.

He is still trying till date but I always delete his emails.

My password here is different from the one on my email.
Re: XENOPHOBIA: Nigerians Find Safe Havens In Zimbabwe, Mozambique, Others by blackboy(m): 3:22pm On Sep 21, 2019
Strange. Citizens of those countries going to SA every day for greener pastures. Nigerian govt needs to wake up

1 Like

Re: XENOPHOBIA: Nigerians Find Safe Havens In Zimbabwe, Mozambique, Others by Atigba: 3:23pm On Sep 21, 2019
nairalandposter:
Is it really possible citizens of every country are lazy apart from Nigerians?

Just wondering.

They are not lazy and Nigerians are not hard working as well.

Nigerians are despirate

2 Likes

Re: XENOPHOBIA: Nigerians Find Safe Havens In Zimbabwe, Mozambique, Others by PureFace1(m): 3:25pm On Sep 21, 2019
This is really annoying
Re: XENOPHOBIA: Nigerians Find Safe Havens In Zimbabwe, Mozambique, Others by Uka15(m): 3:26pm On Sep 21, 2019
nairalandposter:

Just wondering.

It is a known fact that Indigenes of a place are usually lazy. Even in Nigeria, it happens.

1 Like

Re: XENOPHOBIA: Nigerians Find Safe Havens In Zimbabwe, Mozambique, Others by Conner44: 3:26pm On Sep 21, 2019
Wickedfacts:
It's mostly Igbos, and I say this with no pejorative intents. This is because culturally, the Igbo culture of trading and movement encourages economic migration.

The average Igbo man can he selling an item or service for 10M here in Nigeria and be selling the same item for 8M outside Nigeria. However, he would prefer to sell outside Nigeria for 8M because his location and the fact that he's outside Nigeria fits the cultural ideal of economic migration.

Thus, the grass would always look greener on the other side until they are faced with the harsh reality.

Igbo man will not willingly like to trade and be selling cheaply overseas.

Some do it because the economic environment and standard of living over there is standard and synchronized. There is a high probability to having peace of mind.

Many are contacts for people back home who use them as bridges.

Here after selling for the N10M he will still buy fuel, bribe, pay exorbitant clearance, fight employees pilfering etc plus plan for numerous frivolous eventualities

A few just travel, build bridges, return and open shop in Alaba. contact sends the goods across the bridge over here and it goes to sits in a shop for sale.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: XENOPHOBIA: Nigerians Find Safe Havens In Zimbabwe, Mozambique, Others by jrusky(m): 3:27pm On Sep 21, 2019
Better but pls stay away from drugs in particular pls

1 Like

Re: XENOPHOBIA: Nigerians Find Safe Havens In Zimbabwe, Mozambique, Others by ChristmasBells: 3:27pm On Sep 21, 2019
Its been a known fact that countries like south africa the number 1 country of lazy cityzens who do nothing but jealous, envy you if you are a Nigerian and you are hardworking they get xenophobic of Nigerians because we are succesful hard working and talented qgw and other african countries can attest to this known fact pls can somebody help me ask our dear president mohammadu buhari why he said Nigerian youth are lazy or he want every youth in nigeria to start rareing cows first befor he sees us as hard working?.......ejor biko help me ask buhari

4 Likes

Re: XENOPHOBIA: Nigerians Find Safe Havens In Zimbabwe, Mozambique, Others by IamR: 3:27pm On Sep 21, 2019
nairalandposter:

Just wondering.
I wonder! That statement is laced with pride.

2 Likes

Re: XENOPHOBIA: Nigerians Find Safe Havens In Zimbabwe, Mozambique, Others by nlPoster: 3:33pm On Sep 21, 2019
Uka15:

It is a known fact that Indigenes of a place are usually lazy. Even in Nigeria, it happens.

So why are other countries not coming to Nigeria to take advantage of the opportunities there?

1 Like

Re: XENOPHOBIA: Nigerians Find Safe Havens In Zimbabwe, Mozambique, Others by JaceBlaze: 3:34pm On Sep 21, 2019
Even Zimbabweans and Mozambicans will not seek safe haven in Zim and Moz.I curse the bogeyman who who chased Nigerians out of their country cheesy

Giant of Africa indeed

5 Likes

Re: XENOPHOBIA: Nigerians Find Safe Havens In Zimbabwe, Mozambique, Others by nlPoster: 3:35pm On Sep 21, 2019
when Nigerians live home for another country they don't want to return again because of the differences.

True.
Re: XENOPHOBIA: Nigerians Find Safe Havens In Zimbabwe, Mozambique, Others by SamOyovwi: 3:36pm On Sep 21, 2019
Na lie. Na those people need help
Jayslicky:
shocked

Nigeria has failed many of its citizens, many people have swore with their lives never to return to this country.

Nigeria needs help, we are at an abysmal level.
Re: XENOPHOBIA: Nigerians Find Safe Havens In Zimbabwe, Mozambique, Others by wink2015(m): 3:37pm On Sep 21, 2019
…say we cannot go home empty-handed

By Okey Maduforo

While the Peace Airline continues to evacuate Nigerians from South Africa, up to 30 per cent of the population affected is returning home while a great number of them have already taken their business activities to other African countries.

Saturday Telegraph gathered that the population of Nigerians in Zimbabwe, Mozambique, Liberia and Gabon has increased as most of the Nigerians resident in South Africa have relocated to those countries. In a telephone interview with some of them from Awka, Ozubulu and Ihiala, they lamented that they lost a lot in South Africa and could not come home to start life all over again. On his part, Mr. Jude Enukeme, lamented that: “What are we coming home to do? We left Nigeria because the environment is not friendly for business and our aim is to better the lives of our people when we return.

“But if we return home now, where do we start? If the Nigerian government wants us to come home, what arrangement has government put in place for us to continue our business?” “Are we returning home to face the same problem that made us leave the country? I have been in South Africa for two years now and my fortunes started changing for the better before the xenophobia problem and lost almost everything.”

Speaking also, Mr. Matthew Nwokoye, an auto mechanic, contended that he sold his workshop in Nigeria and all that he had to go to South Africa, lamenting that on his return to Nigeria, he had no place to start life again after four years of searching for greener pasture. He said: “As I speak with you I am in Zimbabwe and I have told my wife and parents not to worry about me, I will be fine.

I sold my mechanic workshop to go to South Africa and I cannot come home a failure and a liability to my family members. “The crisis in South Africa has opened our eyes to discover that it is not only there that one can do business and more than 80 of us are now in the country from South Africa and we have bright chances of making it and I can assure you that we will make it.” In countries like Liberia, Mozambique and even Gabon, Nigerian’s population has doubled as was confirmed by Mr. Chukwunonye Ikeagwu, a motor parts dealer. He said: “There are so many of them here in Mozambique and they are willing to work and do business here.

The problem with most of these countries is that their citizens are lazy and they enjoy a lot of welfare from their government so they are not interested in working. “Very soon Nigerians will take over all the jobs in these countries even in Gabon and Liberia because Nigerians are strong and hardworking. “Some stopped over in Mozambique before entering other countries in East and South Africa, but I pray they do not abuse the privileges that we are already enjoying in those countries.”

Speaking with some parents in Anambra State, they confirmed that their relatives are not returning home. “My son and his cousin called us to tell us that they are not coming home because they have nothing to show because of the problem in South Africa,” a parent said.

They said they had relocated to Mozambique while some said that they were now in Liberia and Zimbabwe to continue their business in those countries. At Ozubulu where the popular South African business man, known as Bishop comes from, villagers confirmed that most of their sons and daughters had refused to join the returnees.

“They are still in South Africa and most of them said they are remaining in South Africa and making business contacts in other parts of Africa,” a resident volunteered. Meanwhile, most hotels in those countries where Europeans reside have been populated by females perceived to be Nigerians who are alleged to be laughing all the way to the bank from commercial sex business.

“There are so many of our girls in those countries now and they prefer to do business in hotels where the whites come to relax and unfortunately, most of them are graduates from our universities and polytechnics. “They are paid in dollars and they have already formed a kind of union which understudies the number of Nigerians in every city including the men in order to avert any xenophobic attacks by the indigenes,” Mr. Joseph Iweha told Saturday Telegraph. He added: “Such name like Oduduwa Co-operative Society, Ikenga Investments, Niger Delta Brotherhood are organisations aimed at keeping a tab on their kinsmen doing business in those countries with known Nigerian citizens in those countries heading these organizations”.

These bodies, according to Iweha, will be registered with the local authorities presenting details of the kind of businesses Nigerians in those areas are doing and also to checkmate any attack by host communities.

https://www.newtelegraphng.com/2019/09/xenophobia-nigerians-find-safe-havens-in-zimbabwe-mozambique-others/

THE IGBO MAN IS NEVER TIRED as far as business and money making is concerned.

They believe in ONE WAY CLOSED ANOTHER WAY OPENED !

Nigerians from other part of the federation is learning this arts.

They just have to at least survive the TECHNICAL KNOCK OUT FROM THE SOUTHY PEOPLE !

For those relocating to Mozambique, Zimbabwe, Gabon etc they must realise that as soon as they become more prosperous their host nation citizens will set an envious eyes on them just like the black south african did to Nigerians and other immigrant from other african countries in their midst.

They will start spoiling for war.

So always remember home as soon as you become prosperous and move a large amount of your wealth back to Nigeria.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: XENOPHOBIA: Nigerians Find Safe Havens In Zimbabwe, Mozambique, Others by apholaryn: 3:42pm On Sep 21, 2019
can someone pls tell our uncouth brothers and sisters to stop saying these people are lazy in their fucking home...small time den go kick u out again

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: XENOPHOBIA: Nigerians Find Safe Havens In Zimbabwe, Mozambique, Others by Formularcr7: 3:42pm On Sep 21, 2019
Olorunnim:
Be patriotic at least for once where is laziness mentioned here. cry
can you read?if yes,then your problem is comprehension

2 Likes

Re: XENOPHOBIA: Nigerians Find Safe Havens In Zimbabwe, Mozambique, Others by Basher8583: 3:42pm On Sep 21, 2019
IGBOSON1:
Ironic they can’t find that same safe heaven in a place they’re told is their country!

To be honest to you. These men are just cowards. They can't face the competition in Nigeria becos everyone is hardworking. So they move to easy countries where they are generally lazy and clean up.

2 Likes

Re: XENOPHOBIA: Nigerians Find Safe Havens In Zimbabwe, Mozambique, Others by Mrfeel: 3:44pm On Sep 21, 2019
Igbos always have a way of bouncing back no matter how you try to destroy them, the civil war tougned them up to survive in any condition, no ethnic group or tribe in Nigeria could have bounced back to success like the igbos did after civil war

3 Likes

Re: XENOPHOBIA: Nigerians Find Safe Havens In Zimbabwe, Mozambique, Others by ofiko123(m): 3:45pm On Sep 21, 2019
Nigerians find safe haven in other countries because the government has failed in its responsibility to make Nigeria conducive for living and for people to do business..
Unemployment, kidnapping, armed robbery, boko haram activities has become the order of the day...the solution to this problem is for Nigerians to vote in not just credible but visionary leaders who would change the fortunes of Nigeria and Nigerians... An example of a visionary leader is Lee kwan yew of Singapore who in a couple of years transformed Singapore from third world to first world and also Bain saedd Al-maktom who made the UAE and Dubai the preferred travel destination all over the world...

1 Like

Re: XENOPHOBIA: Nigerians Find Safe Havens In Zimbabwe, Mozambique, Others by OgogoroFreak(m): 3:46pm On Sep 21, 2019
Fresh grounds to destroy! cool

2 Likes

Re: XENOPHOBIA: Nigerians Find Safe Havens In Zimbabwe, Mozambique, Others by King44(m): 3:50pm On Sep 21, 2019
Basher8583:

To be honest to you. These men are just cowards. They can't face the competition in Nigeria becos everyone is hardworking. So they move to easy countries where they are generally lazy and clean up.
the competition in Nigeria is something else if you can't device a creative way of staying above competition here you will keep struggling

1 Like 1 Share

Re: XENOPHOBIA: Nigerians Find Safe Havens In Zimbabwe, Mozambique, Others by planetx: 3:51pm On Sep 21, 2019
They have already started calling the citizens of the new countries lazy

1 Like

Re: XENOPHOBIA: Nigerians Find Safe Havens In Zimbabwe, Mozambique, Others by persius555(m): 3:52pm On Sep 21, 2019
Why do i keep having this feeling that Nigeria could be somebody's final year project.
Re: XENOPHOBIA: Nigerians Find Safe Havens In Zimbabwe, Mozambique, Others by Emmerlee(m): 3:53pm On Sep 21, 2019
nairalandposter:

Just wondering.

Ironically, oga at the top said Nigerians are lazy.

Confusion grin
Re: XENOPHOBIA: Nigerians Find Safe Havens In Zimbabwe, Mozambique, Others by Fierytruth: 3:53pm On Sep 21, 2019
Wow

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Victims Of The Lagos-Ibadan Express Fire-Accident Die - Graphic Photos / Lady Drives Her Boyfriend’s Car Because She Was Bored And This Happened / Motorcycle Rider Plays Karate On Spotting Chinese Indigenes On Nigerian Street

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.