Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,123 members, 7,814,939 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:30 AM

Nigerian Man Refuses To Sit With SA Man At A Bar In Japan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Man Refuses To Sit With SA Man At A Bar In Japan (3952 Views)

We’ll Sit With Herdsmen To Explain Why Cows Cannot Graze Inside Abuja: Wike / Obaseki Was Oshiomhole's Best Man At His Wedding To Iara (Throwback Photos) / Dino Melaye Resumes Plenary, Opts To Sit With PDP Members (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Man Refuses To Sit With SA Man At A Bar In Japan by mailtimi(m): 2:54pm On Sep 21, 2019
African reaction to xenophobia in South Africa has spread as far as Japan. Durbanite and Manchester United fan Jason Jetnarayan, who works as an IT recruitment consultant after starting as an English teacher in the Land of the Rising Sun, discovered this when he went to a pub in Shibuya to watch the recent match between his team and Leicester.

“The pub was busy and there weren’t any seats available, but I looked around and spotted a black gentleman in a Manchester United jersey with open seats at his table

“I approached him to let him know my friend and I were Manchester supporters too and asked permission to join him.

“He gave us his approval in an African accent. As a proud African myself, I was excited about this because Africans are rare here. So I ask him where he was from. He said ‘Nigeria’ and reciprocated the question. I extended my hand and excitedly told him I was South African. He didn’t believe me until I proved it to him, showing him my ID as I beat my chest with pride.

“However, he didn’t seem to share the sentiment by the look of it.

“He was visibly upset, and made a statement about South Africans not being his brothers. I immediately realise he was referring to the xenophobic attacks that have unfortunately occurred in SA for the last decade, and only seem to be getting worse.”

Jetnarayan said he felt a sense of uneasiness, which he described as “a sinking feeling in my chest”.
“The pride I felt a moment before sharply deteriorated into one of shame.

“I, for one, have never taken issue with immigrants in my country or any other. I am in no manner responsible for the xenophobic attacks in South Africa, yet I apologised to the gentleman as he got up to leave the bar, having made the choice he would rather not be affiliated with a South African.

“We’re failing our brothers and sisters in Africa, we’re failing our women, we’re failing our children. We need to be better. We need to fight for our people and speak out against atrocities committed on our land, or else we too are part of the problem.

“Let’s be the resolution.”

Gist From: https://naijalog.com/nigerian-man-refuses-to-sit-with-sa-man-at-a-bar-in-japan/

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Refuses To Sit With SA Man At A Bar In Japan by sunnychibs(m): 2:56pm On Sep 21, 2019
Good

let's show those xenophobic whites' ass-lickers that we can do without them

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Man Refuses To Sit With SA Man At A Bar In Japan by chiefolododo(m): 2:57pm On Sep 21, 2019
Of course south Africans are not our brothers

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man Refuses To Sit With SA Man At A Bar In Japan by EricBloodAxe: 3:07pm On Sep 21, 2019
I would have eloped too, don't want no SAfrican zulu looting my wallet from my pocket.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man Refuses To Sit With SA Man At A Bar In Japan by Nnukwueze: 3:09pm On Sep 21, 2019
EricBloodAxe:
I would have eloped too, don't want no SAfrican zulu looting my wallet from my pocket.

See rhyme.
Re: Nigerian Man Refuses To Sit With SA Man At A Bar In Japan by Olufela30: 3:20pm On Sep 21, 2019
Man's not Happy !!

Would you blame him ??

Some people would av lighted you..

Re: Nigerian Man Refuses To Sit With SA Man At A Bar In Japan by Nobody: 4:15pm On Sep 21, 2019
Way to go!
Re: Nigerian Man Refuses To Sit With SA Man At A Bar In Japan by Nobody: 4:41pm On Sep 21, 2019
But wait! Those people in the picture of the Original post, are they brothers and sisters from the same mother and father?

Abi why do they resemble themselves so much like that?
Re: Nigerian Man Refuses To Sit With SA Man At A Bar In Japan by valentineuwakwe(m): 4:49pm On Sep 21, 2019
don't blame the Nigerian man, its hard to believe that Africans can be killed by Africans on the African soil like it happen in the rainbow nation

7 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man Refuses To Sit With SA Man At A Bar In Japan by icebird25(m): 5:21pm On Sep 21, 2019
News like this won't hit the front page on time..if it's bbnaija nairaland mods will be like

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Man Refuses To Sit With SA Man At A Bar In Japan by Highesschief1: 8:16pm On Sep 21, 2019
I don't blame the 9ja man, it's heart breaking what this black South Africans are doing and for those south Africans forming innocent and claiming they don't support what's going on my question to them is "what did they do? Absolutely nothing. They are now speaking out now because of the embarrassment this thing causing them. Nonsense people

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Refuses To Sit With SA Man At A Bar In Japan by Nobody: 9:05pm On Sep 21, 2019
Whenever South Africa is mentioned, all that comes to my head is horrific scenes of "Sometimes in April" and "Hotel Rwanda"...

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man Refuses To Sit With SA Man At A Bar In Japan by KLEINBASS: 9:41pm On Sep 21, 2019
I am a South African and the majority of Nigerians who are involved in drugs and all illigality have left a bitter sentiment in such a away that I will never trust any Nigerian. How can a rich country like Nigeria be exporting so many useless street wonders..
Re: Nigerian Man Refuses To Sit With SA Man At A Bar In Japan by nwadiuko1(m): 10:16pm On Sep 21, 2019
KLEINBASS:
I am a South African and the majority of Nigerians who are involved in drugs and all illigality have left a bitter sentiment in such a away that I will never trust any Nigerian. How can a rich country like Nigeria be exporting so many useless street wonders..
Bleep off a Nigerian platform, you zulu retard.

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man Refuses To Sit With SA Man At A Bar In Japan by keryj(f): 10:40pm On Sep 21, 2019
OladimejiRufai:
But wait! Those people in the picture of the Original post, are they brothers and sisters from the same mother and father?

Abi why do they resemble themselves so much like that?

grin grin grin

I only noticed your comment cheesy
Re: Nigerian Man Refuses To Sit With SA Man At A Bar In Japan by Eraserubbish(m): 10:49pm On Sep 21, 2019
[s]
KLEINBASS:
[/s]I heard your ppl are lazy from birth,.pls educate us more about that

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man Refuses To Sit With SA Man At A Bar In Japan by wordcat(m): 10:51pm On Sep 21, 2019
South Africa equals to xenophobia QED

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Refuses To Sit With SA Man At A Bar In Japan by ursullalinda(f): 10:52pm On Sep 21, 2019
Eraserubbish:
[s][/s]I heard your ppl are lazy from birth,.pls educate us more about that

Fantastic reply, ijiya
Re: Nigerian Man Refuses To Sit With SA Man At A Bar In Japan by wordcat(m): 10:53pm On Sep 21, 2019
KLEINBASS:

Who are they selling the drugs to and why is it that South Africa has NO drug law enforcement agency

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man Refuses To Sit With SA Man At A Bar In Japan by Eraserubbish(m): 10:55pm On Sep 21, 2019
ursullalinda:

Fantastic reply, ijiya
ejimya wella..lol..I wonder what's he's doing on this forum sef

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Refuses To Sit With SA Man At A Bar In Japan by Yujin(m): 11:16pm On Sep 21, 2019
KLEINBASS:
Well ita I think I understand what you're saying. Do you trust a Zimbabwean? What about about Malawians and Congolese? The Ethiopians and Somalians whose tuckshop you often loot: do you trust them? Your hatred is legendary as it cuts across even within yourselves. We don't need your love or trust because you yourselves can never be trusted. You have no truth in yourselves.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man Refuses To Sit With SA Man At A Bar In Japan by OfoIgbo: 12:19am On Sep 22, 2019
KLEINBASS:

Was that why your people killed two Kenyans (non-Nigerians) in the last round of idiocy?

The funny thing is that South Africans seem to have something against every African group. And that is a real shame.

There is always a justification for any innocent person you people attack and kill.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Man Refuses To Sit With SA Man At A Bar In Japan by davillian(m): 5:06am On Sep 22, 2019
Me I go seat down with you set leg for you to fall.
Then if you react your beating would commence...
Re: Nigerian Man Refuses To Sit With SA Man At A Bar In Japan by EagleNest(m): 6:51am On Sep 22, 2019
Too bad...it pained Nigerians so much considering how much they sacrificed when the whites were dealing with black SA during the apartheid...and the "Thank You" is xenophobic attacks.
Re: Nigerian Man Refuses To Sit With SA Man At A Bar In Japan by mhktaryan: 7:47am On Sep 22, 2019
KLEINBASS:

Shey o ya weyrey
Re: Nigerian Man Refuses To Sit With SA Man At A Bar In Japan by Mrfeel: 10:01am On Sep 22, 2019
KLEINBASS:

You black South Africans created a bitter sentiment, not just amongst Nigerians but all African countries, feel the same way about you,
The hate u have for Nigerian and other foreigners living in ur country is not really about drugs

(1) (Reply)

See How Seun, Nairaland CEO Critically Attack Islamic Principles On Twitter(pic) / Constitutional Amendment - Ex Convicts Can Run For Presidency / How Much Should The President Receive As Food Allowance

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.