Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,383 members, 7,829,997 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 02:43 PM

Ahmadu Bello (1960): Nigeria Should Be An Estate Of Uthman Dan Fodio - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ahmadu Bello (1960): Nigeria Should Be An Estate Of Uthman Dan Fodio (1440 Views)

Tinubu Renames Airports After Buhari, Usman Dan Fodio, Awolowo, Others / Usman Dan Fodio: Founder Of The Sokoto Caliphate / Give Us RUGA : Students Of Usman Dan Fodio University Sokoto(UDUS) Stage Protest (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ahmadu Bello (1960): Nigeria Should Be An Estate Of Uthman Dan Fodio by Nobody: 1:21am On Sep 22, 2019
Former premier of northern Nigeria, Sir Ahmadu Bello, believed that Nigeria should be an estate of his great grandfather, Uthman Dan Fodio. In 1960, he said, "This nation called Nigeria should be an estate of our great grandfather, Uthman Dan Fodio. We must ruthlessly prevent a change of power. We use the minorities in the north as willing tools, and the South, as conquered territory and never allow them to rule to have control over their future.”

--- Ahmadu Bello, Sultan of Sokoto, Parrot Magazine Wednesday October 12, 1960. kiss

Is that sense of entitlement and ownership of Nigeria by the north still what we are seeing and experiencing in Nigeria today? The south should read history to understand the political ideology of the north.

1 Like

Re: Ahmadu Bello (1960): Nigeria Should Be An Estate Of Uthman Dan Fodio by budaatum: 1:44am On Sep 22, 2019
Funny how no provides a source for this so called Ahmadu Bello’s mission as encapsulated in a speech he purportedly delivered on the 12th of October 1960, twelve days after Nigeria’s independence. I mean, I've checked and found no source for it so I'm hoping you who reads history have a source for this "estate of our grandfather" .

Source please.

2 Likes

Re: Ahmadu Bello (1960): Nigeria Should Be An Estate Of Uthman Dan Fodio by Nobody: 2:26am On Sep 22, 2019
No

1 Like

Re: Ahmadu Bello (1960): Nigeria Should Be An Estate Of Uthman Dan Fodio by budaatum: 2:31am On Sep 22, 2019
OduduwaSkuller:
I hope you are not passing any of that off for the historical sources I requested?
Re: Ahmadu Bello (1960): Nigeria Should Be An Estate Of Uthman Dan Fodio by Nobody: 2:34am On Sep 22, 2019
H

1 Like

Re: Ahmadu Bello (1960): Nigeria Should Be An Estate Of Uthman Dan Fodio by realstars: 5:34am On Sep 22, 2019
What are we waiting for?
Nigeria is a mistake.

(1) (Reply)

2023: If Nigerians Have Conscience They Will Allow Igbos Produce President ⁠—iwu / Governor Ihedioha Tops List Of Most Popular Governors In Nigeria / Throwback Igbo Elder In Borno Named His Son After Professor Zulum

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.