Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,537 members, 7,819,919 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:46 AM

Abuja Crime: Is Nigeria's Capital City 'one Of The Safest In The World'? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Abuja Crime: Is Nigeria's Capital City 'one Of The Safest In The World'? (13714 Views)

Video From Benin City One-Million-Man March For Peter Obi / South-West Is The Safest Part Of Nigeria - Garba Shehu / Crime Is Endemic In Nigeria – US Cautions Citizens (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Abuja Crime: Is Nigeria's Capital City 'one Of The Safest In The World'? by MiddleDimension: 10:51am On Sep 22, 2019
more

1 Like

Re: Abuja Crime: Is Nigeria's Capital City 'one Of The Safest In The World'? by MiddleDimension: 10:55am On Sep 22, 2019
they are also in the air

1 Like

Re: Abuja Crime: Is Nigeria's Capital City 'one Of The Safest In The World'? by MiddleDimension: 10:57am On Sep 22, 2019
and it is actually working

1 Like

Re: Abuja Crime: Is Nigeria's Capital City 'one Of The Safest In The World'? by MiddleDimension: 11:03am On Sep 22, 2019
they even ensure security on the water ways too

1 Like

Re: Abuja Crime: Is Nigeria's Capital City 'one Of The Safest In The World'? by MiddleDimension: 11:09am On Sep 22, 2019
they also watch you on the streets
can you please show me if abuja has got the equivalent

1 Like

Re: Abuja Crime: Is Nigeria's Capital City 'one Of The Safest In The World'? by seanjy4konji: 11:24am On Sep 22, 2019
it is only by the grace of God that ou will get to your juctiion to buy bread and milk and get home safe or in one piece...

A million ways to die..starting fromm sars,heardsmen,dangote tailer,flooding,falling debris,sink holes and a whole lot more.
Re: Abuja Crime: Is Nigeria's Capital City 'one Of The Safest In The World'? by ctleurocollege: 1:25pm On Sep 22, 2019
iPhoneRepairer:
[s]Caveat emptor. Living in Nigeria is at your own risk. No city in Nigeria can be considered safe. A country in which criminals are emboldened to kidnap an IGP of police or a sitting governor's sister in-law and receive a ransome?.... Na God be my own protection. I don't know about any police.[/s]
Re: Abuja Crime: Is Nigeria's Capital City 'one Of The Safest In The World'? by ibechris(m): 1:43pm On Sep 22, 2019
Crime rate in Abuja is alarming... especially under this demonic govt.
Re: Abuja Crime: Is Nigeria's Capital City 'one Of The Safest In The World'? by Blue3k2: 1:49pm On Sep 22, 2019
9jaRealist:

Did you inquire how they arrived at that conclusion...
Or did you just assume without basis (as you criticize them) that the conclusion had no statistical basis?!
>

Yes I look at publicly available stats. They never cited any statistic or percentage like I said. Where are the 2018 crime stats? They dont quantify any of they're statements even when directly asked. Read the link below.

https://www.nairaland.com/5428298/violent-crimes-reduce-across-nigeria
Re: Abuja Crime: Is Nigeria's Capital City 'one Of The Safest In The World'? by Litmus: 3:11pm On Sep 22, 2019
LoveDecay:

Looking at New York ... you know the whole thing is crap.

For a long time many thought leaders have cautioned nation in regards to the U.N. and co.

New York and London safe..... Nigerian reporter are the top reason Nigerians dislike Nigeria.

New York and London safe..... lol

No doubt, as you state, our media bare much of the responsibility; however, sometimes it just seems Africans are born delusional. Nigerians are delusional in seeing Nigeria as the worst thing ever and the rest of Africa seem delusional in seeing their various nations as the best things in the world. Upon all the killings they’ve indulged in, South Africans, for instance, still see themselves as fantastic and those they murder as at fault and deserving. Africa would probably arrive at a place of realism (a happy median) if Nigerians adopt some of their self-love and they adopt some of our self-loathing.

...although outside Africa, Nigerians carry themselves with pride and feel second to none while Africans from elsewhere carry themselves meekly and seem intimidated by other races

2 Likes

Re: Abuja Crime: Is Nigeria's Capital City 'one Of The Safest In The World'? by naijacentric(m): 6:42pm On Sep 22, 2019
MiddleDimension:

don't mind her.

abuja residents like thinking being the capital city means anything. they do not know that places where capital cities are the best places are actually third world countries and for a capital city to be better than the other cities is actually not a good thing! look at the major countries around the world and you will see that the capitals are not the best of all places there.

mean while, abuja should take care if its horrendous traffic from gwags to giri. it is becaoming more like nothing that exists in lagos
God bless u sir u sabi well well
Re: Abuja Crime: Is Nigeria's Capital City 'one Of The Safest In The World'? by naijacentric(m): 6:43pm On Sep 22, 2019
MiddleDimension:
you did not follow our discussion from the start. i actually said upon all these crime, yet people still believe abuja is safer and better than lagos. then she said yes, that abuja is a lot safer. then i sarcastically said: she should have added a lot richer too.
okay i get now sir
Re: Abuja Crime: Is Nigeria's Capital City 'one Of The Safest In The World'? by Nwaohafia1: 6:32am On Sep 23, 2019
jakezebrax:

Abuja from 1990-2008, was far the best place to live; to me in the world. It was quiet, calm, can even walk on major roads. Crime was non existent. Population was damn low and security was tighter then than now; again it was smaller then as it was mostly only Lifecamp(diplomats mostly), Asokoro, Maitama, Wuse, Wuse 2, Garki and few other districts.

I relocated from Abuja in 2008 when the madness waa about starting. But shaa, it's because of work. Still planning to go back.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Lagos NURTW Crisis: Court Grants Kunle Poly ₦1 Million Bail, Transfers Case / Senator Akpanudoedehe’s Exit And The Effect On APC In Akwa Ibom / Ali Pate Resigns (Minister Of Health)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.