Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,779 members, 7,831,508 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 07:56 PM

Payment Of New Deposit/Withdrawal Charges Optional - CBN - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Payment Of New Deposit/Withdrawal Charges Optional - CBN (32813 Views)

Newly Approved Police Women Dressing (Optional) / FG Approves Payment Of Nigeria Airways Staff Entitlements / Fayose Meets Ewi Of Ado Over Harassment, Withdrawal Of Security (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Payment Of New Deposit/Withdrawal Charges Optional - CBN by Carlyboi(m): 11:15am On Sep 22, 2019
With the attendant issues with pos and atm machines network issues with banks and ussd failures and most importantly customers vulnerability to fraud,hacking issues due to Nigerian banks online security system CBn is just gonna put a lot of problems on their hands when people’s bank accounts start getting cleared by fraudsters with this new limitations!shey na emefiele get leg wey ppl dey take carry their money to banks or business places why the thing dey pepper Fg and cbn more reasonable things like the incessant shady account deductions or charges they won’t tackle it but keep chasing shadows and looking for ways to discreetly and officially rob the citizenry and sometimes poor masses thieving lots!
Re: Payment Of New Deposit/Withdrawal Charges Optional - CBN by Akuz: 11:15am On Sep 22, 2019
Nigerians the cause of our own problems. we find it difficult to read, all we do is rant and complain
Optional in the sense any online transaction won't be charged...

1 Like

Re: Payment Of New Deposit/Withdrawal Charges Optional - CBN by micxwell(m): 11:24am On Sep 22, 2019
ednut1:
We just like to sensationalize things here. I even thought the charge applied to all the deposits. Even mechanics and petty traders have bank accounts. Why should anyone be carrying cash above 500k
I wonder why people are complaining. Many are confused. They don't understand it.
Re: Payment Of New Deposit/Withdrawal Charges Optional - CBN by micxwell(m): 11:26am On Sep 22, 2019
Akuz:
Nigerians the cause of our own problems. we find it difficult to read, all we do is rant and complain
Optional in the sense any online transaction won't be charged...
I tire bro. They all rush to comment when "CASHLESS POLICY" is clearly written up there.
Re: Payment Of New Deposit/Withdrawal Charges Optional - CBN by Nobody: 11:31am On Sep 22, 2019
missimelda01:
Hahaha very funny.. I don't receive salary yet, I'm still an undergraduate.

oh you're under parent allowee .. ok, make sure u face ur studies n don't follow all these black tall handsome guys .. ciao
Re: Payment Of New Deposit/Withdrawal Charges Optional - CBN by micxwell(m): 11:34am On Sep 22, 2019
Foxflames:

ask petrol stations, traders and many businesses
Petrol stations can Insist on their customers buying with their debit cards when possible. It will cut down the amount they'll have to incure due to the 2% charge. That's the "aim of cashless policy"...
I hardly carry more than 10k cash... I reckon It may be difficult to achieve though but it can work.
Re: Payment Of New Deposit/Withdrawal Charges Optional - CBN by Antoeni(m): 12:26pm On Sep 22, 2019
This is Nigeria where Cashless people complain about CBN Cashless Policy
Re: Payment Of New Deposit/Withdrawal Charges Optional - CBN by eghevaare: 12:32pm On Sep 22, 2019
Is this an issue. How many Nigerians have 500k+ to deposit or withdraw? Let us go cashless Nigerians.
Re: Payment Of New Deposit/Withdrawal Charges Optional - CBN by bareal(m): 12:53pm On Sep 22, 2019
pocohantas:

Now it is Dangote?

You think it is those people carrying ponpon with torn boxers showing their black bumbum that are working on Dangote's refinery?

You think the labourers at his refinery won't be outsourced- thus the burden of paying them would be on their contractor?

Please, try another argument.

And the contractors will not be paying then in cash? That even makes it more difficult because the contractor is like you and I.
Re: Payment Of New Deposit/Withdrawal Charges Optional - CBN by pocohantas(f): 1:02pm On Sep 22, 2019
bareal:

And the contractors will not be paying then in cash? That even makes it more difficult because the contractor is like you and I.

A contractor for Dangote is like you and I?

Smh... grin
Re: Payment Of New Deposit/Withdrawal Charges Optional - CBN by toprealman: 1:35pm On Sep 22, 2019
[quote author=Moahmed post=82454537][/quote]it is well, bless you man!
Re: Payment Of New Deposit/Withdrawal Charges Optional - CBN by linearity: 3:20pm On Sep 22, 2019
HeyCorleone:
The CBN just wants to use mental gymnastics to confuse people.

The other day, they gave a shady example on how the 2% only affects money above 500k. so if it's 501000, you pay 2% of the 1000, that's N20.
But who the hell withdraws N501000?

They will implement just the way the current N52 on withdrawal is implemented.

If you withdraw 500k, you will not see additional line item fees on your account statement. However, if you withdraw about 500k at once or cumulatively over a single day, you will see additional line item charge in your account indicating the fees charged to your account for the excess (any amount above 500k) .
Re: Payment Of New Deposit/Withdrawal Charges Optional - CBN by Pataricatering(f): 4:19pm On Sep 22, 2019
D option is go cashless - use mobile banking , use your bank app , use pos - these options are already widely used so I doubt any explanation is really necessary . Printing money is expensive !
nonxo007:
This is a very shallow and silly statement by the apex bank, why hide information from Nigerians when their hard earned money is involved ? It seems to me that we do not have qualified decision makers at the CBN. What sort of half baked information is this, optional?
Why put out the statement if you won't give us full details, like we are beggers with our money in our own country.
Re: Payment Of New Deposit/Withdrawal Charges Optional - CBN by webngnews: 4:24pm On Sep 22, 2019
Oh
Re: Payment Of New Deposit/Withdrawal Charges Optional - CBN by nonxo007(m): 4:36pm On Sep 22, 2019
Pataricatering:
D option is go cashless - use mobile banking , use your bank app , use pos - these options are already widely used so I doubt any explanation is really necessary . Printing money is expensive !
Do you consider those people in the villages, those who aren't fit to use these services ? How well are these services secured?
Re: Payment Of New Deposit/Withdrawal Charges Optional - CBN by alexvatt(m): 7:33pm On Sep 22, 2019
bareal:

A taxi driver who wants to buy fuel with the 500 he just collected from passengers would also use the POS right?
Passengers should have paid taxi drivers through transfer.
Re: Payment Of New Deposit/Withdrawal Charges Optional - CBN by bareal(m): 8:14pm On Sep 22, 2019
alexvatt:
Passengers should have paid taxi drivers through transfer.

N50 through POS! I know you must be wondering how you sound yourself.....
Re: Payment Of New Deposit/Withdrawal Charges Optional - CBN by BitmapStudios: 11:06pm On Sep 22, 2019
MadeInTokyo:
Mad CBN Mad Policy Mad Buhari
Ah! Be careful ooo. DSS might charge you with cyberstalking ooo. cool
Re: Payment Of New Deposit/Withdrawal Charges Optional - CBN by happney65: 11:48pm On Sep 22, 2019
BitmapStudios:

Ah! Be careful ooo. DSS might charge you with cyberstalking ooo.
cool

Leave him alone o..He does not know warris going on.. grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nnamdi Kanu's Arrest Leaves IPOB In Disarray - BBC / Ike Ekweremadu Hosts BBNaija's CeeC And Angel In Abuja (Photo) / Niger State Governor, Mohammed Umar Bago Kneels To Greet President Tinubu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.