Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,034 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:01 AM

Speaking In Tongues: 5 Things You Should Know - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Speaking In Tongues: 5 Things You Should Know (15645 Views)

How Do You Feel After Speaking In Tongue? / 7 Reasons Why Every Believer Should Speak In Tongues - Kenneth E Hagin / Daddy Freeze: "Speaking In Tongues In Nigerian Churches Is Fake” (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Speaking In Tongues: 5 Things You Should Know by sarzwizard(m): 11:04am On Sep 22, 2019
Kalixx:
I have never seen a nigerian tongue-speaker ever burst into some Phillipine vowels or something. Yet they are so confident speaking an incoherent pile of gibberish.

How can grownups look one another in the eye and still be comfortable deceiving themselves?

Anyway, these days they're growing quite a bit uncomfortable, especially when one drunkard church member sights an olosho on the podium 'manifesting in tongues' and in his mind he's like 'even you?' shocked

But then, the Holy Spirit is about to 'move', so who's to question the vessel he chooses?

Nigeria is home to one of the highest concentrations of hypocrites.

In biblical times, the Jews were still trying sef; they were only too self-righteous yet Jesus will slam them saying 'Woe unto you, hypocrites!'

If Jesus were in Nigeria now, he would say something like 'Woe and calamity fall on all of una! Yeye!!'

Nice writeup bruv
Best writeup I have read this month
I believe in God as my personal lord and savior.......
Though Christians don't impress me....
Their hypocrisy is Insalubrious and Misologist
Sometimes I can't Obfuscate the whole concept of their faith
I admire Islam sha...
This is my opinion though!!
Make no hypocrite come quote me talk sh*t

2 Likes

Re: Speaking In Tongues: 5 Things You Should Know by samsy5460(m): 11:14am On Sep 22, 2019
Peter proclaimed in Acts 2:39 that the gift of tongues is for everyone who is called by God: "The promise is for you and your children and for all who are far off—for all whom the Lord our God will call." Paul wrote in 1 Cor. 13:8-9 that when that which is perfect comes, tongues will cease. That is a reference to the Second Coming of Christ. The Bible teaches that no one is perfect except Jesus. When Christ returns, we will not need to speak in tongues to communicate with God because we will be with Him. But until then, the gift of tongues is available to any believer who desires it.

Thank you so much my dear brother...for this well researched insight. You have done so well. May our heavenly Father reward you bountifully.
Re: Speaking In Tongues: 5 Things You Should Know by Smithwilliams826: 12:24pm On Sep 22, 2019
Osnami:
6. It can be learnt
It really can be learnt. But there is still one thing I don't get.
The 11disciples of Jesus Christ, after receiving the spirit of God and began speaking in tongues, they spoke in different languages and the people understood them. All what they said, everyone (non believers and believers) at that time understood what they said, some thought they were drunk and thousands of people repented. Why is it that in this our modern time, people who are speaking in tongues, whenever they speak we who are listening won't understand a thing? All what we hear is Shakamalariammwas.... and so on.

3 Likes

Re: Speaking In Tongues: 5 Things You Should Know by jimmynauty: 12:34pm On Sep 22, 2019
whytediamond:
Religion is man made. Anything man made is.....

Fill in the blanks.

if man made then accept it!
Accept Speaking in tongues also
Re: Speaking In Tongues: 5 Things You Should Know by Judybash93(m): 12:51pm On Sep 22, 2019
whytediamond:
Religion is man made. Anything man made is.....

Fill in the blanks.

Fallible
Re: Speaking In Tongues: 5 Things You Should Know by Judybash93(m): 12:56pm On Sep 22, 2019
Kalixx:
I have never seen a nigerian tongue-speaker ever burst into some Phillipine vowels or something. Yet they are so confident speaking an incoherent pile of gibberish.

How can grownups look one another in the eye and still be comfortable deceiving themselves?

Anyway, these days they're growing quite a bit uncomfortable, especially when one drunkard church member sights an olosho on the podium 'manifesting in tongues' and in his mind he's like 'even you?' shocked

But then, the Holy Spirit is about to 'move', so who's to question the vessel he chooses?

Nigeria is home to one of the highest concentrations of hypocrites.

In biblical times, the Jews were still trying sef; they were only too self-righteous yet Jesus will slam them saying 'Woe unto you, hypocrites!'

If Jesus were in Nigeria now, he would say something like 'Woe and calamity fall on all of una! Yeye!!'

One bottle of Orijin for this man right here... Succinct and very coherent

2 Likes

Re: Speaking In Tongues: 5 Things You Should Know by brainhgeek(m): 1:19pm On Sep 22, 2019
Muyiwaipere:
Speaking in tongues does not mean saying shikaraba shikorobo
It means speaking in a language of other tribes FOR THE PURPOSE OF THE GOOD NEWS

Go and read that Bible book of acts again.... When the disciples where speaking in tongues they used it in preaching and not miracle

It is not just speaking in the language of other tongues. There are types of tongues.
1. When we pray and speak in such language like you tried to spell above, it is called groaning according to Romans 8:26. No man understands what the person is saying except God. Even the person speaking doesn't know what he is saying neither is it premeditated. 1 Cor 14:14 'For if I pray in an unknown tongue, my spirit prayeth, but my understanding is unfruitful

1 Cor 14:2 says 'For he that speaketh in an unknown tongue speaketh not unto men, but unto God: for no man understandeth him; howbeit in the spirit he speaketh mysteries' .
Bible also called it speaking in the tongue of angels. 1 Cor 13:1 'Though I speak with tongues of men and of angels, and have not charity, I am becoming as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal'
2. The second type of tongues is speaking in another tongue/language. The Holy Spirit can aswell give us the gift of speaking in another language like it was recorded in Acts of Apostles 2. That is 'speaking in another tongue' as stated in 1 Cor 12:10. Speaking in another tongue can be interpreted by men who understands the language or whom were gifted by the Holy Spirit to interpret tongues

1 Like

Re: Speaking In Tongues: 5 Things You Should Know by jeph19(m): 1:21pm On Sep 22, 2019
chudez0147:
Some people fake it...... and it sounds funny to me. Me: I can't speak in tongues .... I always end up laughing at myself each time I try ....✌�

You've not gotten the baptism of the spirit
Re: Speaking In Tongues: 5 Things You Should Know by JeffreyLiaison(m): 1:44pm On Sep 22, 2019
missimelda01:
So because you're a Catholic the word of God is invalid? Just so you know, back then I attended a Catholic charismatic revival and I was shocked to hear some Catholics pray in tongues.. it is not a church thingy so don't be too quick to call someone a fake pastor.

If you understand the meaning of speaking in tongues you would know it doesn't mean blabbering but speaking in a language you are not accustomed to but is understood by others of that language.
The Holy Spirit gave the apostles the power to speak in tongues to enable them preach in places that the language spoken there is not understood by the apostles.
Why would there be speaking in tongues in this modern day when there is no need for it, are there evangelists going to places they don't know the tongue, they preach within their vicinity even if you said speaking in tongues is still being used now, is there any person that understands what is said, please before you argue read the Bible and Catholics don't believe in tongues we believe it was used then because it was needed but it doesn't exist now.
Re: Speaking In Tongues: 5 Things You Should Know by Edu3Again: 1:51pm On Sep 22, 2019
Bouncingbabyboy:
so who died on the cross? God? When Christ said the father is greater than I.....was he drunk?
David said The Lord said to My Lord .
That's the Lord he David did not know, said to his Lord he called my Lord

David''s My Lord is God that he worshiped

Psa 110:1
A Psalm of David. The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou at my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool.

Jesus said that David's my Lord is Christ , making Jesus God.

Matt 22
42 Saying, What think ye of Christ? whose son is he? They say unto him, The Son of David.

43 He saith unto them, How then doth David in spirit call him Lord, saying

44 The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand, till I make thine enemies thy footstool?

45 If David then call him Lord, how is he his son?

Jews wanted stone Jesus becos Jesus claimed equality With God, showing you that Jesus too is God.

Joh 5:18
Therefore the Jews sought the more to kill him, because he not only had broken the sabbath, but said also that God was his Father, making himself equal with God.

2 Likes

Re: Speaking In Tongues: 5 Things You Should Know by paddyofboss(m): 2:43pm On Sep 22, 2019
sulasa07:

The main Holy Spirit doesn't have business with this world anymore,but others can appear to you and I but I know they can't appear to me coz I'm not that humble in the sight of the LORD.If Holy Spirit can appear in front of every Dick and Harry,then its not an Holy Spirit
You clearly don't understand my faith and in error you are trying to rationalise it from your limited human capacity. There are alot of things you have said and I won't argue coz you said them out of ignorance. If I tell you about 'GRACE' it will still look foolish to you. The TRINITY already looks like rocket science to you or maybe some folktale. It's alright, It is called FAITH for a reason. Believe what appeals to your logical mind. But I pray you also meet with revelation like myself coz I used to think like this at a time. Shalom

1 Like

Re: Speaking In Tongues: 5 Things You Should Know by damsy001(m): 2:48pm On Sep 22, 2019
Thank you jesus
Re: Speaking In Tongues: 5 Things You Should Know by Pizzlelight: 4:19pm On Sep 22, 2019
The Bible says the things of the Spirit cannot be understood by a natural man, because he wasn't wired to understand. Also, the wisdom of God is foolishness unto men.
Speaking in tongues comes only when a man has received the Holy Spirit to reside in him/her.
And only a person who is born again can experience this.
The Holy Spirit is so wonderful that on your own you can ask for him to come into your life and right on the spot, he speaks through you and you receive the ability to speak in tongues.
Jesus, told us in Mark 16 that one of the signs that should follow believers after healing the sick, raising the dead is also that they should speak in new tongues.
For there to be fake, there has to be original.
Am a living proof because the Holy Spirit resides in me and I speak in tongues, I teach about the Holy Spirit and I have prayed with people to receive him and they did.
Everything you do in God's kingdom is by faith, until you study the word of God, take it as the truth,and act on it, it won't work for you and you would always think those that it's working for are faking it.
Meditate on the word like a child and God will reveal himself to you personally.

1 Like

Re: Speaking In Tongues: 5 Things You Should Know by Nobody: 4:23pm On Sep 22, 2019
missimelda01:
The holy spirit is not a 'nobody'.. so don't worry about me, I'm fine. You should be worried about yourself cos at the end of the day you have so much to loose when you discover it is all real and it might be too late to make corrections smiley

LMAO, I give up, You are too brainwashed
Re: Speaking In Tongues: 5 Things You Should Know by Nobody: 4:26pm On Sep 22, 2019
[quote author=Smithwilliams826 post=82458745] It really can be learnt. But there is still one thing I don't get.
The 11disciples of Jesus Christ, after receiving the spirit of God and began speaking in tongues, they spoke in different languages and the people understood them. All what they said, everyone (non believers and believers) at that time understood what they said, some thought they were drunk and thousands of people repented. Why is it that in this our modern time, people who are speaking in tongues, whenever they speak we who are listening won't understand a thing? All what we hear is Shakamalariammwas.... and so on.
Re: Speaking In Tongues: 5 Things You Should Know by chudez0147(m): 4:42pm On Sep 22, 2019
missimelda01:
I mentioned two things, desire and give yourself to the word of God.. after that you should start manifesting the gift of the spirit, it's already in you so it's simple.
I love speaking in tongues. But the truth is that it will only take miracles for me to speak in tongues. Not like I don't and desire for it. I just can't . I've tried many times.
Re: Speaking In Tongues: 5 Things You Should Know by Ronline(m): 5:24pm On Sep 22, 2019
whytediamond:
Religion is man made.
To Control and Oppress Women. wink wink wink wink
Re: Speaking In Tongues: 5 Things You Should Know by chudez0147(m): 9:52pm On Feb 27, 2020
jeph19:

You've not gotten the baptism of the spirit
How do I get the baptism of the spirit??
Re: Speaking In Tongues: 5 Things You Should Know by jeph19(m): 10:30pm On Feb 29, 2020
chudez0147:

How do I get the baptism of the spirit??

Study Mark 11:22-24 and ask God for the infilling of the holy spirit.

1 Like

Re: Speaking In Tongues: 5 Things You Should Know by chudez0147(m): 10:37pm On Feb 29, 2020
jeph19:

Study Mark 11:22-24 and ask God for the infilling of the holy spirit.
Ok thanks.... , but is there no other way ??
Re: Speaking In Tongues: 5 Things You Should Know by jeph19(m): 10:51pm On Feb 29, 2020
chudez0147:

Ok thanks.... , but is there no other way ??

Pray for an encounter using Matthew 7:7
Re: Speaking In Tongues: 5 Things You Should Know by chudez0147(m): 11:17pm On Feb 29, 2020
jeph19:

Pray for an encounter using Matthew 7:7
How will I know that I have gotten the encounter
Re: Speaking In Tongues: 5 Things You Should Know by jeph19(m): 9:06am On Mar 01, 2020
chudez0147:

How will I know that I have gotten the encounter
Believing that you've gotten it.
You've got to have faith knowing fully well that whatever you'll ask in his name he'll give unto you.
After believing in your heart,
Open your mouth and he'll fill it.

1 Like

Re: Speaking In Tongues: 5 Things You Should Know by chudez0147(m): 12:00pm On Mar 01, 2020
jeph19:

Believing that you've gotten it.
You've got to have faith knowing fully well that whatever you'll ask in his name he'll give unto you.
After believing in your heart,
Open your mouth and he'll fill it.
Ok
Thank you

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Is Allah Not The Arabic Word For Jehovah God? / Worship Of Mary And The Use Of Images In The Catholic Church / When God Does Not Answer Your Prayers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.