Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,569 members, 7,816,401 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:41 AM

Got Called Back To Work After Resignation - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Got Called Back To Work After Resignation (36693 Views)

Doctor Threatens His MD With Resignation Letter. Shares His Reaction. / Lady Sacked On Her First Day Of Work After Asking Her Boss This / Facebook Appoints Adam Mosseri To Lead Instagram After Resignation Of Founders (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Got Called Back To Work After Resignation by Emotionss: 6:24pm On Sep 22, 2019
[color=#006600][/color]
softbuthard:
I resigned from my place of work after being owned several salaries and some maltreatments on staff. Few days after, I received a call from them asking why I left and was told to come to the office the following day.

I honoured their invitation and when I got there, nothing much was discussed except that they asked why I left them and then promised to increase salary, there was no opportunity for me to tell them what I wanted as per the reappointment, something happened and we had to conclude the discussion. They said "go back to work, your salary will be increased". Before I could leave there we all got payment alert and I noticed 16% deduction on my salary likewise some other staff.

May I ask Nairalanders if its not necessary they give me a reappointment letter stating conditions of service and the salary to be paid?

Wouldn't I need to also ask them why my salary was deducted?

Please your advice is needed.

They only want to keep you until they get a better replacement. Believe me they are going to sack you sooner than you think.

Some companies don't like their workers resigning, they prefer to sack them.

The 16% deduction is a red flag.
Re: Got Called Back To Work After Resignation by softbuthard: 6:26pm On Sep 22, 2019
funmike83:

16% deduction or increments, was it not because of the increment they called you back, watch out they may be after your skill and would have put someone with you to train .

I multifunction in the company yet they never seen my function until I resigned. Now I feel I should make them realise I worth more than how much they were paying me.
Re: Got Called Back To Work After Resignation by TalkCity: 6:27pm On Sep 22, 2019
The damage has been done already, trust me when I say, nothing good can come to you in that company again. Nobody is bigger than a company, unless you are the owner.

You messed up by going back, you already won by tendering your resignation.

What the company wants to do to you now is to make you comfortable/relax then by the end of the month, hand you a sack letter saying your services are no longer needed. This way, your CV is going to be messed up too.

1 Like

Re: Got Called Back To Work After Resignation by IkemChris(m): 6:27pm On Sep 22, 2019
Aidejay:
Ftc
Front page abeg!......... lalasticlala
Abeg ooooo how many FTC you go get before they give you CEO of Nairaland? Mr FTC
Re: Got Called Back To Work After Resignation by softbuthard: 6:30pm On Sep 22, 2019
JORDAN404:
MY FRIEND WHAT IS EVEN WRONG WITH YOU SEF

SO YOU RESIGNED WITHOUT FINDING ANOTHER JOB IN THIS ECONOMIC CLIMATE ??

INSTEAD OF GOING TO GIVE YOUR FOOLISH PASTOR 90% OF YOUR SALARY AS TITHES AND ASK HIM TO SAY ANY PRAYERS FOR THE COMPANY, EITHER REAL OR FAKE PRAYERS, YOU ARE HERE COMPLAINING THAT THEY PAID AND DEDUCTED SMALL 16% FOR OFFICE ADMINISTRATION ??

I KNOW YOU HAVE TOLD YOUR 3-GIRLFRIENDS THAT YOU ONLY RECEIVED A MERE 16% OF YOUR FULL SALARY THIS MONTH.

PLEASE STOP COMING HERE TO LIE TO US.

IN FACT, IF YOU ARE A GOD FEARING MAN, YOU SHOULD RETURN HALF OF WHAT THEY PAID YOU BACK TO THE COMPANY FOR GIVING THEM HBP THINKING WHERE THEY WOULD FIND ANOTHER LOW-SALARY HARDWORKER LIKE YOU.

Just take your time

Hahaha
Re: Got Called Back To Work After Resignation by Wiseandtrue(f): 6:30pm On Sep 22, 2019
softbuthard:
I resigned from my place of work after being owned several salaries and some maltreatments on staff. Few days after, I received a call from them asking why I left and was told to come to the office the following day.

I honoured their invitation and when I got there, nothing much was discussed except that they asked why I left them and then promised to increase salary, there was no opportunity for me to tell them what I wanted as per the reappointment, something happened and we had to conclude the discussion. They said "go back to work, your salary will be increased". Before I could leave there we all got payment alert and I noticed 16% deduction on my salary likewise some other staff.

May I ask Nairalanders if its not necessary they give me a reappointment letter stating conditions of service and the salary to be paid?

Demand a re-appointment letter, that way, they will know that you know what you are doing

Their promises should be indicated in the letter even before/on the day you resume.

Good luck

If I may add, tell them you have heard, that you will resume when your re-appointment letter is ready.

1 Like

Re: Got Called Back To Work After Resignation by softbuthard: 6:31pm On Sep 22, 2019
TalkCity:
The damage has been done already, trust me when I say, nothing good can come to you in that company again. Nobody is bigger than a company, unless you are the owner.

You messed up by going back, you already won by tendering your resignation.

What the company wants to do to you now is to make you comfortable/relax then by the end of the month, hand you a sack letter saying your services are no longer needed. This way, your CV is going to be messed up too.

You really make sense
Re: Got Called Back To Work After Resignation by deltateam: 6:33pm On Sep 22, 2019
olajide8:

My personal advice don't go back - they want to be the people to fire you not you fire them

Rule of thumb. Never go back to an organization after resignation. It doesn't get better, it gets worse.

Besides they won't see you as a serious person.

4 Likes

Re: Got Called Back To Work After Resignation by adewumiopeyemi(m): 6:34pm On Sep 22, 2019
Is better for you to resign because they will sack you at last
Re: Got Called Back To Work After Resignation by softbuthard: 6:35pm On Sep 22, 2019
Firstorderwizard:
undecided
Don't listen to the jobless miscreants above me asking you to resign.
Simply request for a new appointment letter with your salary and terms and conditions of the job clearly stated.

Alright, thank you very much
Re: Got Called Back To Work After Resignation by jaxxy(m): 6:36pm On Sep 22, 2019
softbuthard:

U obviously work in a one man private company and such companies by nature have poor hr services if at all any. They lack tact and etiquette. It all depends on how the oga at the top acts or feels that’s day and they have no body to regulate their staff welfare. Terrible place to work personally speaking unless u have a responsibile and well exposed boss. I rather not

First thing is have they paid ur arrears? The fact they didn’t allow u to speak or offer clearly ur new salary increment with a letter shows they are just desperate cos they don’t have an alternative yet. Yes u need to ask why there was a deduction also. There has to be an explanation for actions in the work place. It’s not a zoo.

3 Likes

Re: Got Called Back To Work After Resignation by bigtt76(f): 6:38pm On Sep 22, 2019
Since you tendered a written resignation letter, they should have recalled you back by first rejecting your resignation and in it, offer you a new deal to be formalized on your acceptance and resumption of duty.

Like someone mentioned earlier, they might be luring you back to fire you later and tarnish your rep. If you feel you're no longer interested after the recall, let them know you're going back to school or taking a career break

softbuthard:

3 Likes

Re: Got Called Back To Work After Resignation by eagleu: 6:38pm On Sep 22, 2019
Take your money and run, that's a dangerous company run by illiterate or half educated people who will treat you worse in the future.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Got Called Back To Work After Resignation by softbuthard: 6:38pm On Sep 22, 2019
alizma:

That you are being called to come back is an evidence that you are good on the job and you have all it takes to bargain favourably, therefore I urge you to ask them to give you new appointment letter with your new salary and other benefits clearly stated in the letter.

OK, thanks for your advice.
Re: Got Called Back To Work After Resignation by olajide8(m): 6:38pm On Sep 22, 2019
Kapeter:
you seem so sure. What's up now?

I dey - how ur side?
Re: Got Called Back To Work After Resignation by softbuthard: 6:41pm On Sep 22, 2019
jaxxy:

U obviously work in a one man private company and such companies by nature have poor hr services if at all any. They lack tact and etiquette. It all depends on how the oga at the top acts or feels that’s day and they have no body to regulate their staff welfare. Terrible place to work personally speaking unless u have a responsibile and well exposed boss. I rather not

First thing is have they paid ur arrears? The fact they didn’t allow u to speak or offer clearly ur new salary increment with a letter shows they are just desperate cos they don’t have an alternative yet. Yes u need to ask why there was a deduction also. There has to be an explanation for actions in the work place. It’s not a zoo.

You are correct! Thanks

1 Like

Re: Got Called Back To Work After Resignation by Buffalo2(m): 6:42pm On Sep 22, 2019
Run! My brother. Ur employer is like my former boss that doesn't accept "defeat". Don't be surprised if you are framed up, get arrested and get the boot at the end of the day.

1 Like

Re: Got Called Back To Work After Resignation by TheStarsAlign: 6:42pm On Sep 22, 2019
@softbuthard, don't be surprised to find out they already have a vacancy ad for your position - they probably need you to fill-in-the-gap till the new kid come on board.

Demand a documentation to your re-appointment to be provided within 3 days failure of which, don't go the next day. I know the country is not easy but it's better for you.

Also, diplomatically not accept to train anybody they may attach to you. They really do no deserve you and if you love yourself run before they break your back.

1 Like

Re: Got Called Back To Work After Resignation by wirinet(m): 6:43pm On Sep 22, 2019
@OP
You are being naive. Look at the sequence of events- you were employed; you were owed several months salary, you tendered your resignation letter, you were told verbally to resume work and paid your backlog of salaries less 16%.

As things stand, you are just hanging. Having tendered your resignation letter, you are not officially a staff of the company. If the company goes ahead and owes you 6 months salary, you have no legal leg to stand on. You have no rights whatsoever in that company.

You need to write the human resource department to clarify your status with the company and demand another employment letter stating your new salary (apart from other conditions of service ). If they don't respond within a few days, you are better off using your time to search for a new job.

3 Likes

Re: Got Called Back To Work After Resignation by softbuthard: 6:43pm On Sep 22, 2019
bigtt76:
Since you tendered a written resignation letter, they should have recalled you back by first rejecting your resignation and in it, offer you a new deal to be formalized on your acceptance and resumption of duty.

Like someone mentioned earlier, they might be luring you back to fire you later and tarnish your rep. If you feel you're no longer interested after the recall, let them know you're going back to school or taking a career break

Thanks! Your point makes sense to me

1 Like

Re: Got Called Back To Work After Resignation by deltateam: 6:51pm On Sep 22, 2019
softbuthard:

Let me put it bluntly to you. You are deniable.
If any mishap should befall you, you have nothing. No compensation, No nothing.

As it is you are a destitute there, so be thankful of whatever they give you. Datzall.

1 Like

Re: Got Called Back To Work After Resignation by Giltwise: 6:54pm On Sep 22, 2019
You have actually not answered if it is temporary or permanent job. If you must go back please ensure you are given a new appointment letter with terms and conditions of employment clearly spelt out. Anything short of this, please leave immediately. Don't stay in a precarious employment please. To be unemployed is far better than to be in a nonstandard employment.
softbuthard:

I actually was given an appointment letter and i tendered a resignation letter

1 Like

Re: Got Called Back To Work After Resignation by deltateam: 6:54pm On Sep 22, 2019
Citytrend:
Unfortunately enough in this part of the world the employee has no power my dear dear

Please take it easy so you don't get sacked my brother

Anyway, l will Build a Professional Logo for your Product or Company For 2k Only. Offer valid today only. See my info below to Chat me up on WhatsApp

You have power to resign, to walk away.
Re: Got Called Back To Work After Resignation by BrainSanitizer: 6:56pm On Sep 22, 2019
olajide8:

My personal advice don't go back - they want to be the people to fire you not you fire them
Best advice.
That guy sef!
I can't go back to work where I've resigned, even if they promise to pay me triple of my previous salary + bonuses.

1 Like

Re: Got Called Back To Work After Resignation by MrFly(m): 7:10pm On Sep 22, 2019
softbuthard:

resign again, its as simple as that

1 Like

Re: Got Called Back To Work After Resignation by chukzyfcbb: 7:11pm On Sep 22, 2019
OP you don't have Self esteem atalllllllll

Infact this shows that you don't consider yourself someone of value.

Maybe you have assessed yourself and seen that you don't have what it takes to get another job (yea jobs are scrace I know but even at that what you did cannot be considered a job but charity work). sad

If a coy owes me even as little as 1month salary, they won't see me there ever again!

Except the MGT calls for a meeting and pleads with us to hang in due to a well known financial crisis, otherwise na Jakpa!!!

The holy book says a A labourer is deserving of his wages...

#Its crystal clear that you don't consider yourself valuable, if not you for move ahead.
#You shame me, Hoha!

5 Likes

Re: Got Called Back To Work After Resignation by mchenryking0(m): 7:16pm On Sep 22, 2019
please I would advice you not to go back even when they offer to increase ur salary.
it might be a snare to pay you back at their own time. I know of a man who was in same situation like you. after resigning he was cajole with better offer just few months after he went back he was bolted like a theif
my candid advice don't fall for their bait

1 Like

Re: Got Called Back To Work After Resignation by babadee1(m): 7:20pm On Sep 22, 2019
softbuthard:

Look for another job fast fast and as soon as you can leave the place and this time don't look back.
Re: Got Called Back To Work After Resignation by maisauki: 7:25pm On Sep 22, 2019
olajide8:

Oyo-Ita system

1 Like

Re: Got Called Back To Work After Resignation by chukzyfcbb: 7:26pm On Sep 22, 2019
alizma:

That you are being called to come back is an evidence that you are good on the job and you have all it takes to bargain favourably, therefore I urge you to ask them to give you new appointment letter with your new salary and other benefits clearly stated in the letter.
Not exactly,

He being called back is because they know baba is soft hearted and will take a beat as usual.

Getting a replacement will mean paying the right salary but why pay the services for a new employee when a staff who left is ready to do Osho free job....

MGT will want to cut cost atall means and that's what they did by slashing his pay by 16%.
It was a well orchestrated move smiley

Na why Fela sing : My people sef dey fear too much, Dem fear for the things Dem no see. smiley

1 Like

Re: Got Called Back To Work After Resignation by saintokwuluora(m): 7:32pm On Sep 22, 2019
Don't make the mistake of going back to your vomit

2 Likes

Re: Got Called Back To Work After Resignation by softbuthard: 7:34pm On Sep 22, 2019
wirinet:
@OP
You are being naive. Look at the sequence of events- you were employed; you were owed several months salary, you tendered your resignation letter, you were told verbally to resume work and paid your backlog of salaries less 16%.

As things stand, you are just hanging. Having tendered your resignation letter, you are not officially a staff of the company. If the company goes ahead and owes you 6 months salary, you have no legal leg to stand on. You have no rights whatsoever in that company.

You need to write the human resource department to clarify your status with the company and demand another employment letter stating your new salary (apart from other conditions of service ). If they don't respond within a few days, you are better off using your time to search for a new job.

Noted! Thanks

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

"Why I Resigned From N-Power": My Story and the Lessons (Photo) / Access Bank And It's Age Requirement For Job / N85k Bank Contract Staff Job Vs N50k Public School Teaching Job

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.