Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,625 members, 7,816,572 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:18 PM

Got Called Back To Work After Resignation - Career (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Got Called Back To Work After Resignation (36695 Views)

Doctor Threatens His MD With Resignation Letter. Shares His Reaction. / Lady Sacked On Her First Day Of Work After Asking Her Boss This / Facebook Appoints Adam Mosseri To Lead Instagram After Resignation Of Founders (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Got Called Back To Work After Resignation by softbuthard: 7:41pm On Sep 22, 2019
Giltwise:
You have actually not answered if it is temporary or permanent job. If you must go back please ensure you are given a new appointment letter with terms and conditions of employment clearly spelt out. Anything short of this, please leave immediately. Don't stay in a precarious employment please. To be unemployed is far better than to be in a nonstandard employment.

Its a permanent appointment
Re: Got Called Back To Work After Resignation by Kaychiz: 7:50pm On Sep 22, 2019
The earlier you get out the better for you. No matter how much you think u are worth to them, believe me you can never be indispensable as long as you don't own the company. Within a short while you will either get fired or roped into something messy u know nothing about which could even involve the police.

A word is enough for the wise. You must not work in that company! If you weren't called back were you not planning on living your life after resigning?

3 Likes

Re: Got Called Back To Work After Resignation by boldking(m): 8:06pm On Sep 22, 2019
softbuthard:
I resigned from my place of work after being owned several salaries and some maltreatments on staff. Few days after, I received a call from them asking why I left and was told to come to the office the following day.

I honoured their invitation and when I got there, nothing much was discussed except that they asked why I left them and then promised to increase salary, there was no opportunity for me to tell them what I wanted as per the reappointment, something happened and we had to conclude the discussion. They said "go back to work, your salary will be increased". Before I could leave there we all got payment alert and I noticed 16% deduction on my salary likewise some other staff.

May I ask Nairalanders if its not necessary they give me a reappointment letter stating conditions of service and the salary to be paid?

Wouldn't I need to also ask them why my salary was deducted?

Please your advice is needed.

your head is not correct, what happened that made you not to tell them what you wanted or you want them to use you as a slave
Re: Got Called Back To Work After Resignation by Taiwo20(m): 8:09pm On Sep 22, 2019
From experience, I noticed sometimes we just had to mail the management. I once mailed my director complaining about my hmo and she actually responded.

Contact your HR.

1 Like

Re: Got Called Back To Work After Resignation by Nobody: 8:10pm On Sep 22, 2019
olajide8:

My personal advice don't go back - they want to be the people to fire you not you fire them
Looolz,,very true.. it happened to one excolleague of mine.

1 Like

Re: Got Called Back To Work After Resignation by Bbbwings: 8:30pm On Sep 22, 2019
Wickedfacts:
You resigned from work via a letter and for called back orally. Does it make sense to you?

There is a woman called Eyo Ita, go and find out what Buhari did to her when she resigned but came back to work. Until they use Federal SARS to reason your matter that you're involved in stealing a pen, that's when you would have sense.

Ask them to issue you a letter of reappointment or re-employment or even a contract 9f employment stating the promises they made on the phone.

Your previous resignation terminated your contract with them. Your employment letter opened the contract and your resignation terminated it. Legally, you are a casual worker or even a trespasser on your office premises.
Too much sense
Re: Got Called Back To Work After Resignation by Hermis: 8:31pm On Sep 22, 2019
olajide8:

My personal advice don't go back - they want to be the people to fire you not you fire them
this one weak me iswear hahahah
Re: Got Called Back To Work After Resignation by chibjohn(m): 8:32pm On Sep 22, 2019
You have failed the rule. Do not ever go back to work in a company after tendering your resignation. I repeat do not. It never ends well.
Re: Got Called Back To Work After Resignation by Israelpeters(m): 8:38pm On Sep 22, 2019
olajide8:

My friend � 4your life those people don't need your progress

1 Like

Re: Got Called Back To Work After Resignation by Femeto: 8:42pm On Sep 22, 2019
OYO
Re: Got Called Back To Work After Resignation by betterpikinn: 8:45pm On Sep 22, 2019
Richdad50:
shocked
[s]
It is obvious you lacked resolve, courage, and character in a deal. You resigned after much consideration and hurriedly resumed after a call without straightening out grey areas that made you first leave. A lack of character from you. No wonder they toss you like a frying plantain.

In the Art of the Deal, a negotiation table is no dinning table. It is a war arena fought with weapons of courtesy, strategy, firmness, and decisiveness. It is where employees or business partners access your strengths and seduce your weaknesses.

Son, don't let those who do not have a job tell you to resign immediately. Until you have a plan B, do not leave unless it becomes dehumanizing. However, you must develop your character and strengthen your resolve moving forward.

Richdad[/s]
rubbish

2 Likes

Re: Got Called Back To Work After Resignation by capitalzero: 8:49pm On Sep 22, 2019
olajide8:

Hope you get the message? Do not go back.!!!!

1 Like

Re: Got Called Back To Work After Resignation by Bigbayour: 8:52pm On Sep 22, 2019
shamecurls:
May I ask Nairalanders if its not necessary they give me a reappointment letter stating conditions of service and the salary to be paid?

Yes of course!

Their should be a formal agreement duly signed and stamped .

I bet it, you would soon be sacked. It's a very wrong move to go back to your vomit.
Re: Got Called Back To Work After Resignation by Richdad50(m): 8:52pm On Sep 22, 2019
Poor boy
betterpikinn:

rubbish
Re: Got Called Back To Work After Resignation by capitalzero: 8:53pm On Sep 22, 2019
funmike83:

16% deduction or increments, was it not because of the increment they called you back, watch out they may be after your skill and would have put someone with you to train .

yeah. Vital message for op.
Re: Got Called Back To Work After Resignation by frozen70(f): 8:55pm On Sep 22, 2019
It depends on the kind of work you are doing there besides, if you can manage it instead of staying idle, forget about condition or no condition

Their profit determines you guys welfare package there

1 Like

Re: Got Called Back To Work After Resignation by blackslayer: 8:59pm On Sep 22, 2019
Wickedfacts:
You resigned from work via a letter and for called back orally. Does it make sense to you?

There is a woman called Eyo Ita, go and find out what Buhari did to her when she resigned but came back to work. Until they use Federal SARS to reason your matter that you're involved in stealing a pen, that's when you would have sense.

Ask them to issue you a letter of reappointment or re-employment or even a contract 9f employment stating the promises they made on the phone.

Your previous resignation terminated your contract with them. Your employment letter opened the contract and your resignation terminated it. Legally, you are a casual worker or even a trespasser on your office premises.

Not necessarily correct! Employment is a two way street! Resignation is not complete until the employer accepts your resignation!!!
At least this is what is done in a sane country, however we are speaking of a banana republic here where everything is jaga jaga!!
Re: Got Called Back To Work After Resignation by wayisshut: 9:06pm On Sep 22, 2019
Richdad50:
shocked

It is obvious you lacked resolve, courage, and character in a deal. You resigned after much consideration and hurriedly resumed after a call without straightening out grey areas that made you first leave. A lack of character from you. No wonder they toss you like a frying plantain.

In the Art of the Deal, a negotiation table is no dinning table. It is a war arena fought with weapons of courtesy, strategy, firmness, and decisiveness. It is where employees or business partners access your strengths and seduce your weaknesses.

Son, don't let those who do not have a job tell you to resign immediately. Until you have a plan B, do not leave unless it becomes dehumanizing. However, you must develop your character and strengthen your resolve moving forward.

Richdad

@ richdad50 . I'm so priviledge having you on this forum. I always look forward to your writeup. So much finess and wisdom.

1 Like

Re: Got Called Back To Work After Resignation by KingWarri: 9:13pm On Sep 22, 2019
softbuthard:
I resigned from my place of work after being owned several salaries and some maltreatments on staff. Few days after, I received a call from them asking why I left and was told to come to the office the following day.

I honoured their invitation and when I got there, nothing much was discussed except that they asked why I left them and then promised to increase salary, there was no opportunity for me to tell them what I wanted as per the reappointment, something happened and we had to conclude the discussion. They said "go back to work, your salary will be increased". Before I could leave there we all got payment alert and I noticed 16% deduction on my salary likewise some other staff.

Shebi na nairaland you take dey work

Dey ask us well well..... No go ur work place go tell dem.... Dey here dey ask Nlanders...

SMH

1 Like

Re: Got Called Back To Work After Resignation by Shev20(m): 10:21pm On Sep 22, 2019
Nigeria is ours, Nigeria we serve... With our strategic toolz from the table marketing_toolz, we can grow your Instagram account for your business.. Check http://Www.fiver.com/marketing_toolz/manage-your-instagram-account-for-engagement-and-increase-followers
Or contact us on 08077423479
Re: Got Called Back To Work After Resignation by Icecream4U(m): 11:10pm On Sep 22, 2019
You have the right to ask. It's your money. You worked for it.

1 Like

Re: Got Called Back To Work After Resignation by betterpikinn: 11:34pm On Sep 22, 2019
Richdad50:
Poor boy
Lol
You're only rich in your dreams...
Keep dreaming boi grin
Re: Got Called Back To Work After Resignation by Nwogeh: 11:35pm On Sep 22, 2019
softbuthard:

Except you know the company very well and what they are capable of doing, otherwise, I suggest you find a way of poliitely askibg them to put it in writing.

Two start making exit plan because that company may have called you back just to fraudstrate you.

Whichever way, best of lucks

1 Like

Re: Got Called Back To Work After Resignation by aspirebig: 12:00am On Sep 23, 2019
You mean ...you got called back by 'mere phone call....no official mail ,no employment letter?
Re: Got Called Back To Work After Resignation by Ardenjasdo: 1:42am On Sep 23, 2019
Hello @Softbuthard

Your matter made me vex that I had to open an account and login to Nairaland for the very first time in 8yrs. Your case is a very sorry & pathetic one. It's easy to tell how naive you are from your post and that is why this company is working on your weakness. How dare you go back to a work place you resigned from? You had your reasons for resigning in the first place and you went back because they called you back? Calling you back was an opportunity for you to pour out your vexation and state your terms if they really want you back and let it be documented but instead, you were bullied into going back to work! Se ode ni e ni?

My brother, I was once in your shoes but I never looked back when I resigned from my place of work 7yrs ago even when they called me back. Today, I own my own company and my staffs enjoy the services of how a true boss should treat his employees. See, that 16% they deducted from your pay is a sign for you to Japa. A company wants you back and still deducts from your money? The sign is on the wall bro. You are sure not going to forgive yourself if that company fires you before you fire them. When I look back at how I was courageous on my decision then, it brings smiles to my face. We know the country isn't easy and there is always the fear of the unknown but it is better to be on the look out for another job than let one selfish businessman ruin your future and happiness. Please don't go back there! You will be fine. Trust me.

This is my first time writing on Nairaland. Take it as if na God send me.

4 Likes

Re: Got Called Back To Work After Resignation by softbuthard: 5:29am On Sep 23, 2019
Ardenjasdo:
Hello @Softbuthard

Your matter made me vex that I had to open an account and login to Nairaland for the very first time in 8yrs. Your case is a very sorry & pathetic one. It's easy to tell how naive you are from your post and that is why this company is working on your weakness. How dare you go back to a work place you resigned from? You had your reasons for resigning in the first place and you went back because they called you back? Calling you back was an opportunity for you to pour out your vexation and state your terms if they really want you back and let it be documented but instead, you were bullied into going back to work! Se ode ni e ni?

My brother, I was once in your shoes but I never looked back when I resigned from my place of work 7yrs ago even when they called me back. Today, I own my own company and my staffs enjoy the services of how a true boss should treat his employees. See, that 16% they deducted from your pay is a sign for you to Japa. A company wants you back and still deducts from your money? The sign is on the wall bro. You are sure not going to forgive yourself if that company fires you before you fire them. When I look back at how I was courageous on my decision then, it brings smiles to my face. We know the country isn't easy and there is always the fear of the unknown but it is better to be on the look out for another job than let one selfish businessman ruin your future and happiness. Please don't go back there! You will be fine. Trust me.

This is my first time writing on Nairaland. Take it as if na God send me.

I really appreciate your advice sir, thanks

2 Likes

Re: Got Called Back To Work After Resignation by ussv: 6:00am On Sep 23, 2019
It is dangerous to be in that environment in that instance. You resigned already, you should get rehired via an appointment letter just in case. Going back to work in a firm you had just resigned from a few days ago without proper rehiring is suspicious to me . Careful sha.

1 Like

Re: Got Called Back To Work After Resignation by JoseRaji(m): 7:20am On Sep 23, 2019
olajide8:

Please take this advice. Look elsewhere. They have a motive you wouldn't like.

2 Likes

Re: Got Called Back To Work After Resignation by Nzeh12(m): 9:40am On Sep 23, 2019
Run!! If they've paid you all they owe you, run. You'll regret staying back. Don't be pressured into returning
Re: Got Called Back To Work After Resignation by renewable1(m): 9:50am On Sep 23, 2019
Hmmmm

Do you need a 1kva complete solar power system to power your TV, decoder, Dan, sound system and bulbs for 6hours daily?

CHECK MY SIGNATURE NOW
Re: Got Called Back To Work After Resignation by 2800net(m): 10:20am On Sep 23, 2019
You should Never have gone Back! But Since you already did, ask for the Letter!!!
softbuthard:

1 Like

Re: Got Called Back To Work After Resignation by onwubiko(m): 12:20pm On Sep 23, 2019
softbuthard:

Don't go back if only you know you can get another job.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Access Bank And It's Age Requirement For Job / "Why I Resigned From N-Power": My Story and the Lessons (Photo) / N85k Bank Contract Staff Job Vs N50k Public School Teaching Job

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 111
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.