Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,889 members, 7,828,146 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 03:04 AM

Choosing Lagos Island Or Mainland - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Choosing Lagos Island Or Mainland (1933 Views)

Where Should You Live In Lagos, The Island Or The Mainland? / Should I Move In With This Female Friend Of Mine On Lagos Island? / RRS Operatives Rescue Stranded Girl On Third Mainland Bridge (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Choosing Lagos Island Or Mainland by Kayleb26(m): 9:45am On Sep 23, 2019
Good morning everyone.
So I date a lady who lives and work on the island while I work and live on the mainland both in Lagos

We've had unending discussions about where to settle by the time we marry.

She doesn't want to leave the island. For the opportunities that abound there.
Having also stayed on the mainland, she believes the stress and rush rush of the mainland is more than that of the island.

We can comfortably afford a 2 BR apartment on the mainland but on the island, we'll have to squeeze ourselves to afford same.

I am open to relocate to island if that means better opportunities but for now I would rather choose an accommodation in a location I can comfortably afford.

Kindly suggest the pros and cons of living on the island or mainland for a new family.

Thank you
Re: Choosing Lagos Island Or Mainland by Amanee(f): 10:01am On Sep 23, 2019
Mainland vs Island issues...

Breaking up relationships since 1960

4 Likes

Re: Choosing Lagos Island Or Mainland by StrikeBack(m): 10:09am On Sep 23, 2019
See, best thing is to settle Abroad

8 Likes

Re: Choosing Lagos Island Or Mainland by Kayleb26(m): 10:10am On Sep 23, 2019
Amanee:
Mainland vs Island issues...

Breaking up relationships since 1960

Hmnnnn, I pray for a peaceful resolution �
Re: Choosing Lagos Island Or Mainland by Kayleb26(m): 10:17am On Sep 23, 2019
StrikeBack:
See, best thing is to settle Abroad

This is an option but we have to live together for a while na �
Re: Choosing Lagos Island Or Mainland by yemisolar(m): 6:00pm On Sep 23, 2019
Question is where on the island and mainland do you both work? You can look for a neutral location that is not far from the two.

Also, if you settle on the island- depending on which part- you should be going against traffic on your way to work.

Finally, in the worse case scenario, it is more reasonable for you to be the one to go the farther distance instead of allowing your wife to go through the stress and come back late everyday.

A happy wife is a happy home

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Choosing Lagos Island Or Mainland by Kayleb26(m): 4:40pm On Sep 24, 2019
yemisolar:
Question is where on the island and mainland do you both work? You can look for a neutral location that is not far from the two.

Also, if you settle on the island- depending on which part- you should be going against traffic on your way to work.

Finally, in the worse case scenario, it is more reasonable for you to be the one to go the farther distance instead of allowing your wife to go through the stress and come back late everyday.

A happy wife is a happy home

Thank you for your response.

Very instructive
Re: Choosing Lagos Island Or Mainland by letout: 12:17am On Sep 29, 2019
Kayleb26:

Hmnnnn, I pray for a peaceful resolution �

Oga from experience pick the location let her pick the house. Don’t be cornered to do her bidding to get out of it will be harder than getting in

1 Like

Re: Choosing Lagos Island Or Mainland by ednut1(m): 7:13am On Sep 29, 2019
Kayleb26:
Good morning everyone.
So I date a lady who lives and work on the island while I work and live on the mainland both in Lagos

Having also stayed on the mainland, she believes the stress and rush rush of the mainland is more than that of the island.

We can comfortably afford a 2 BR apartment on the mainland but on the island, we'll have to squeeze ourselves to afford same.

I am open to relocate to island if that means better opportunities but for now I would rather choose an accommodation in a location I can comfortably afford.

Kindly suggest the pros and cons of living on the island or mainland for a new family.

Thank you
girls with this kind of mentality cannot make good wives. Bros look for another girl.

3 Likes

Re: Choosing Lagos Island Or Mainland by hify9935(f): 9:55pm On Sep 30, 2019
ednut1:
girls with this kind of mentality cannot make good wives. Bros look for another girl.
Some make big compromise and still regret in the long run.
Re: Choosing Lagos Island Or Mainland by ednut1(m): 7:53am On Oct 01, 2019
hify9935:
Some make big compromise and still regret in the long run.
ok
Re: Choosing Lagos Island Or Mainland by frozen70g(f): 10:10am On Oct 01, 2019
Kayleb26:
Good morning everyone.

Thank you

This shouldn't be an issue in as much as you will take my advice

If she insist on relocating to the island, find out the prices of rent and ask her how the payment will be made and how to raise the money

If its on your pocket, say no to her that you will rather prefer mainland rent

If she insisted that you must be the one to pay,
My dear think twice

Am not sure she us ready to settle down

Living on the mainland is very expensive and that is how it goes up yearly

Feeding and health care is even more expensive than rent

Ask yourself if you are sure of taking care of her high taste
Re: Choosing Lagos Island Or Mainland by bukatyne(f): 11:21am On Oct 01, 2019
Kayleb26:
Good morning everyone.

Thank you

Where is Island?

Where do you work? Where does she work?

Where are you proposing you live?
Where is she proposing you live?
Re: Choosing Lagos Island Or Mainland by chii8(f): 5:05pm On Oct 01, 2019
Hmmm...it seems she earns much because who will be footing the expensive bills of staying on the island?
Re: Choosing Lagos Island Or Mainland by Nobody: 5:09pm On Oct 01, 2019
bukatyne:

Where is Island?

Some people live in Awoyaya and call it Island.

grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Choosing Lagos Island Or Mainland by tpiar: 7:28am On Oct 03, 2019
Hm, tough one.

(1) (Reply)

I Almost Divorce My Husband / Best Divorce Letter Ever / A Kid Did This With His Mum And Posted It On Instagram

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.