Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,378 members, 7,819,377 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:12 PM

The Irony Of Lagos Lesser Known Toll Gate: An Exposé Into Mushin Toll Gate - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / The Irony Of Lagos Lesser Known Toll Gate: An Exposé Into Mushin Toll Gate (26767 Views)

Irony:Americans Are Moving To Mexico But Mexicans Don't Want Them(photos) / 9 Lesser-known Facts About Slavery / Lekki Concession Increases Toll Gate Fare. See New Tariff (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Irony Of Lagos Lesser Known Toll Gate: An Exposé Into Mushin Toll Gate by boss1310(m): 7:25pm On Sep 23, 2019
mushin one of the baddest area in Lagos
Re: The Irony Of Lagos Lesser Known Toll Gate: An Exposé Into Mushin Toll Gate by paparazzi1987(m): 7:28pm On Sep 23, 2019
Mushin Toll fees is feeding allowance for the Area boys like JPron, Toba and etc.

Lekki toll fees is for the Area boys masters
Re: The Irony Of Lagos Lesser Known Toll Gate: An Exposé Into Mushin Toll Gate by franzis(m): 7:34pm On Sep 23, 2019
Realdeals:
Let me tell you about the tollgate, there was no railway level crossing at the place until about 2003........ A smart man brought the proposal to then Lagos state government under Bola Tinubu, before vehicle trying to link Ikorodu road from places like Olosha or Ojuwoye will have to drive to Ilupeju bypass or Jibowu. LASG accepted the proposal and gave the man go-ahead to construct the link and toll it.
I grew up on that kayode street just few centimeters from that toll gate and moved out around 2006, the man who runs the toll gate and also the entire building/complex flanking both sides of that toll gate was a politician, construction was handled then by a firm called MAO construction which happens to be the acronym of his name but i dont know if he owns the company ,actually they could have done it the way it was done at illupeju bye-pass but I don't know why they didn't

3 Likes

Re: The Irony Of Lagos Lesser Known Toll Gate: An Exposé Into Mushin Toll Gate by Kennyg101: 7:35pm On Sep 23, 2019
Nairaland is trending in twitter
Re: The Irony Of Lagos Lesser Known Toll Gate: An Exposé Into Mushin Toll Gate by hakeemhakeem(m): 7:36pm On Sep 23, 2019
kunmiiii:
Some of those pictures are inner streets and not on the tolled road, private car is N20 when you use it to link ikorodu road, but seriously the main road should be in better condition considering the daily amount of money Bertola generates on that road.

While the bike is #10
Re: The Irony Of Lagos Lesser Known Toll Gate: An Exposé Into Mushin Toll Gate by drmikeadams(m): 7:38pm On Sep 23, 2019
engrlarex:
It is quite appalling that, that the smart city of Fashola’s dream was a futile exercise due to the lagos boys aka Agberos operating as an arm of Asiwaju Tinubu sacred boys. Fashola tried to tamed their activities like the current governor of Oyo state just did, but in lagos which portrays herself as the 5th growing economy in Africa. They extort Lagosians with impunity with security back up. FOR HOW LONG WILL THIS CONTINUE? The activities of these agberos in lagos is the singular reason I want another party to take over lagos state. There is no sense of modesty, protocol in their activities. This has made lagos state a lawless and careless state. The Mega city slogan is a scam provided Tinubu is still in charge of lagos politics.
grin.

Lagosians are happy to be extorted,,from vio,local govt touts,lastma,police,SARS,frsc,toll gate..but what do I know?
Lagosians call it good governance

1 Like

Re: The Irony Of Lagos Lesser Known Toll Gate: An Exposé Into Mushin Toll Gate by masseratti: 7:38pm On Sep 23, 2019
Realdeals:
Let me tell you about the tollgate, there was no railway level crossing at the place until about 2003........ A smart man brought the proposal to then Lagos state government under Bola Tinubu, before vehicle trying to link Ikorodu road from places like Olosha or Ojuwoye will have to drive to Ilupeju bypass or Jibowu. LASG accepted the proposal and gave the man go-ahead to construct the link and toll it.
I think it was way before 2003...our living legend... Nairaland.com Guru can give us a better authoritative insight of how the toll gate came to be.. naptu over to you.

1 Like

Re: The Irony Of Lagos Lesser Known Toll Gate: An Exposé Into Mushin Toll Gate by masseratti: 7:39pm On Sep 23, 2019
franzis:
I grew up on that kayode street just few centimeters from that toll gate and moved out around 2006, the man who constructed the toll gate and also own the entire building/complex flanking both sides of that toll gate was a politician who owned a construction firm, actually they could have done it the way it was done at illupeju bye-pass but I don't know why they didn't
cool insight... Do you have any knowledge of how long the contract is for?
Re: The Irony Of Lagos Lesser Known Toll Gate: An Exposé Into Mushin Toll Gate by SocialJustice: 7:40pm On Sep 23, 2019
ogunsj:
that toll gate is as old as Lagos. the money they are making from that toll gate is enough to maintain Mushin let alone that road. but what do I know. but Mushin dirty sha, and the people there just they feel cool inside firt.
Do you have data to back this claim or you're just talking?
Re: The Irony Of Lagos Lesser Known Toll Gate: An Exposé Into Mushin Toll Gate by chukwuibuipob: 7:42pm On Sep 23, 2019
sad sad not LG but those AREA BOIS dem.
Re: The Irony Of Lagos Lesser Known Toll Gate: An Exposé Into Mushin Toll Gate by deor03(m): 7:48pm On Sep 23, 2019
Lagosians have been conquered
Re: The Irony Of Lagos Lesser Known Toll Gate: An Exposé Into Mushin Toll Gate by Kakamorufu(m): 7:49pm On Sep 23, 2019
same thing I kept thinking everytime I pass that area.
where's the money going.
Re: The Irony Of Lagos Lesser Known Toll Gate: An Exposé Into Mushin Toll Gate by iddonla: 7:55pm On Sep 23, 2019
franzis:
I grew up on that kayode street just few centimeters from that toll gate and moved out around 2006, the man who constructed the toll gate and also own the entire building/complex flanking both sides of that toll gate was a politician who owned a construction firm, actually they could have done it the way it was done at illupeju bye-pass but I don't know why they didn't

The Mans name is MAO....
Re: The Irony Of Lagos Lesser Known Toll Gate: An Exposé Into Mushin Toll Gate by franzis(m): 7:56pm On Sep 23, 2019
masseratti:
cool insight... Do you have any knowledge of how long the contract is for?
no such information was released then , the first construction was over the railway line so we all felt it was going to be similiar to that at illupeju, only to wake up one morning to witness mopol, army , bulldozers pulling down people houses on which complex is standing today, the man who controls or runs the place is monsuru alao alabi , couldnt get much information on him except this link below

http://saharareporters.com/2011/02/15/lagos-house-rep-member-owolabi-alao-monsuru-aka-batola-certificate-scandal
Re: The Irony Of Lagos Lesser Known Toll Gate: An Exposé Into Mushin Toll Gate by Ugosample(m): 7:58pm On Sep 23, 2019
Kakamorufu:
same thing I kept thinking everytime I pass that area.

where's the money going.

they are using the money to flex in London
Re: The Irony Of Lagos Lesser Known Toll Gate: An Exposé Into Mushin Toll Gate by franzis(m): 7:59pm On Sep 23, 2019
iddonla:

The Mans name is MAO....
exactly aka Batola
Re: The Irony Of Lagos Lesser Known Toll Gate: An Exposé Into Mushin Toll Gate by masseratti: 8:01pm On Sep 23, 2019
franzis:
no such information was released then , the first construction was over the railway line so we all felt it was going to be similiar to that at illupeju, only to wake up one morning to witness mopol, army , bulldozers pulling down people houses on which complex is standing today, the man who controls or runs the place is monsuru alao alabi , couldnt get much information on him except this link below

http://saharareporters.com/2011/02/15/lagos-house-rep-member-owolabi-alao-monsuru-aka-batola-certificate-scandal
thanks naptu.. We still waiting for you tho... By the way if the man sacrificed his houses for the by pass.. I think it's OK if he is given an approval for the toll collection, but i hope others that their houses were demolished were duly compensated.
Re: The Irony Of Lagos Lesser Known Toll Gate: An Exposé Into Mushin Toll Gate by Anisu: 8:16pm On Sep 23, 2019
This is not about Party or individual person, its involved Mushin entirely where is the fund that they generate from there since. that is naija for you everybody corrupt not only government.
Re: The Irony Of Lagos Lesser Known Toll Gate: An Exposé Into Mushin Toll Gate by Nobody: 8:16pm On Sep 23, 2019
the road dat link to and fro dat place is HELL IN A CELL when it rain.

i pass der daily and i know what am seeing.

they re just milking us without anything to show about.

Re: The Irony Of Lagos Lesser Known Toll Gate: An Exposé Into Mushin Toll Gate by topcin: 8:17pm On Sep 23, 2019
This is not APC thing, They have been paying the toll gate fee before APC government was form. If I can recall my boss paid the fee in 2012, when we use the road

Badmod:
So na this less than 5 KM road them dey Toll.... we've lost it oo...
This doesn't even looks like a state government project,more like a local government road...
If I complain about APC now,some dumb ass Zombies will tell me to leave Lagos...
Sometimes I wonder why they assume anybody that criticizes this abula type of Government is not a Yoruba man...
What's Bad is bad...
Even Lekki sef get alternative road,that you can pass without paying...
Re: The Irony Of Lagos Lesser Known Toll Gate: An Exposé Into Mushin Toll Gate by mankand(m): 8:22pm On Sep 23, 2019
Eko ti baje
Re: The Irony Of Lagos Lesser Known Toll Gate: An Exposé Into Mushin Toll Gate by franzis(m): 8:30pm On Sep 23, 2019
masseratti:
thanks naptu.. We still waiting for you tho... By the way if the man sacrificed his houses for the by pass.. I think it's OK if he is given an approval for the toll collection, but i hope others that their houses were demolished were duly compensated.
He had no house(s) there ,it belong to other people, government came and took the lands away and I bet they were forcefully ejected , we call the houses there Agbole (it's a Yoruba word don't know the meaning in english)

1 Like

Re: The Irony Of Lagos Lesser Known Toll Gate: An Exposé Into Mushin Toll Gate by Realdeals(m): 8:35pm On Sep 23, 2019
masseratti:
I think it was way before 2003...our living legend... Nairaland.com Guru can give us a better authoritative insight of how the toll gate came to be.. naptu over to you.
As of 2000, it wasn't there.............I usually passed through the area very well
Re: The Irony Of Lagos Lesser Known Toll Gate: An Exposé Into Mushin Toll Gate by Eberex(m): 8:42pm On Sep 23, 2019
I know the toll gate wells. I lived on that street called Kayode sef.
The toll gate is just a little distance from the rail tracks and you will even see mobile security vehicle parked there. Though i guess they are there because of the continuous fight between onipan and fadeyi tours.

They collect #20 for cars. I dont know how much for other vehicles. But to me it is very illegal. I dont see why a toll gate is there in the first place

Let them convert it to a security post
Re: The Irony Of Lagos Lesser Known Toll Gate: An Exposé Into Mushin Toll Gate by superted87: 8:55pm On Sep 23, 2019
It's a private project similar to the lekki tolls. The company MAO construction belongs to Hon Monsuru Alao Owolabi. This man represented both lagos island and mainland at the federal house of representatives, he also has car parks on the island(marina). The toll in question is "more of a concession for like 30yrs" if the stories are true. The security personnel are there to prevent the chaos that happens every now and then.

3 Likes

Re: The Irony Of Lagos Lesser Known Toll Gate: An Exposé Into Mushin Toll Gate by masseratti: 9:03pm On Sep 23, 2019
franzis:
He had no house(s) there ,it belong to other people, government came and took the lands away and I bet they were forcefully ejected , we call the houses there Agbole (it's a Yoruba word don't know the meaning in english)
wow interesting
Re: The Irony Of Lagos Lesser Known Toll Gate: An Exposé Into Mushin Toll Gate by masseratti: 9:03pm On Sep 23, 2019
Realdeals:

As of 2000, it wasn't there.............I usually passed through the area very well
ok... Today I learned...
Re: The Irony Of Lagos Lesser Known Toll Gate: An Exposé Into Mushin Toll Gate by ideabuilder: 9:16pm On Sep 23, 2019
An amala joint is in front of dat toll gate. Make sense die those years. I don't know if they are still selling it's being long
Re: The Irony Of Lagos Lesser Known Toll Gate: An Exposé Into Mushin Toll Gate by Resurgent2016: 9:18pm On Sep 23, 2019
kunmiiii:
Some of those pictures are inner streets and not on the tolled road, private car is N20 when you use it to link ikorodu road, but seriously the main road should be in better condition considering the daily amount of money Bertola generates on that road.

Every picture there is of the tolled road. No inner roads were captured and trust me, those one are in worse condition
Re: The Irony Of Lagos Lesser Known Toll Gate: An Exposé Into Mushin Toll Gate by shine12: 9:30pm On Sep 23, 2019
This is the Lagos that dem Davido and co will be telling them in America that it is fine and international media have been lying to them.But bruh, you only take them to Lekki, Ikoyi & Island
���

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Much Is Flight From Abuja To Enugu? / Why Hurricanes Have Human Names / Man Dies After Slipping Into Soakaway Pit In Edo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.