Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,237 members, 7,815,320 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:44 AM

FIFA Men's World 11: Messi & Ronaldo Lead XI, Only 2 Liverpool Players In - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / FIFA Men's World 11: Messi & Ronaldo Lead XI, Only 2 Liverpool Players In (39454 Views)

Liverpool Players Having Fun With Trophy On Their Flight Back From Madrid (pics) / Liverpool Players Put Coach On Their Shoulder And Dragged To Celebrate With Fans / Liverpool Players Celebrated Barcelona Win Inside Their Dressing Room (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FIFA Men's World 11: Messi & Ronaldo Lead XI, Only 2 Liverpool Players In by Hearme(m): 11:02pm On Sep 23, 2019
princeade86:
name one defender that is ahead of Marcelo in his wing

He was benched for a long time last season and he is still been benched by the new signing Mendy. We had so many sensational assist and cut backs for Messi from Alba last season. Robertson for his age was very fantastic last season too.
Re: FIFA Men's World 11: Messi & Ronaldo Lead XI, Only 2 Liverpool Players In by BlackManta(m): 11:06pm On Sep 23, 2019
SonsOfLiverpool:
Racism in football. They will always Please their fans. We Down here in Africa will always subscribe to their football while they rob us blind. No way Salah or Mane don’t deserve that thing.

Mane and Salah ain't white or Europeans...they are Africans and FIFA is rigged against Africa.

If only their names were Saladinho and Maneson maybe they would have made the list.

Racism against Africans in football will never go away.
We have to manage it.
Re: FIFA Men's World 11: Messi & Ronaldo Lead XI, Only 2 Liverpool Players In by Hearme(m): 11:07pm On Sep 23, 2019
SniperSmurf:
Modric is overrated.

Imagine Modric on the list and we don't have De-Bruyne, Benardo Silva, Eriksen or even David Silva chai there is God o. As I they vex for Barkely reach I can fit choose am ahead of Modric. LOL

1 Like

Re: FIFA Men's World 11: Messi & Ronaldo Lead XI, Only 2 Liverpool Players In by Martinez39(m): 11:07pm On Sep 23, 2019
Godsage:

I was cool until u said ballon d'or modric won belongs to messi.. Messi wasnt even in the top three.. Poor world cup performance or poor ucl,
His performance wasn't poor in the world cup. His ucl performance wasn't poor. People always make the mistake of looking at only the world cup instead of the whole season. Messi from the 2017/18 to the 2018/19 was better than everyone including Ronaldo. Ronaldo did great in 2018 but he was hyped. He scored a fantastic bicycle kick goal against Juventus and everyone treated him like he is the greatest of all time because of that but when Bale scored a better bicycle kick goal against Liverpool in the finals, no one hyped Bale. Since that Juventus game Ronaldo has put in little magical performances and he has been hyped than ever before.

In the 2018/19, Ronaldo had only one magical performance against atletico and one or two in the Seria A but his performance was way below par by his standards.

My list of world best winners :
2008 : Ronaldo
2009 : Messi
2010 : Messi
2011 : Messi
2012 : Messi
2013 : Ronaldo
2014 : Ronaldo
2015 : Messi
2016 : Ronaldo
2017 : Ronaldo
2018 : Messi
2019 : Messi

2 Likes

Re: FIFA Men's World 11: Messi & Ronaldo Lead XI, Only 2 Liverpool Players In by Nobody: 11:08pm On Sep 23, 2019
Re: FIFA Men's World 11: Messi & Ronaldo Lead XI, Only 2 Liverpool Players In by Nobody: 11:08pm On Sep 23, 2019
ZinoFasisi:

First of all u have to mark b4 they can dribble you, d idiot no dey mark, na run he dey always run. I am a Liverpool and two of the goals we conceded against barca first leg was his fault.

He was just moving back instead or marking 1 on 1. if the idiot had marked 1 on 1, the scoreline might have ended 1 nil or 2 nil. English media just dey hype am.

Oga he did nothing exceptional. all his records last season wey not records to start with because Vidic already did more in his time at Man U

U don't know why a defender will be so afraid to mark 1 on 1. What makes ramous, vidic, puyol, Terry, pique, pepe etc great defenders if not for being fearless. if u dribble them, they will still come back

and for the record he his not as good as any of those defenders i mentioned above.

Simply imagine a Liverpool's lineup without VVD..That guy made defending look easy last season. He made Matip look better and earned Allison some of his clean sheets

1 Like

Re: FIFA Men's World 11: Messi & Ronaldo Lead XI, Only 2 Liverpool Players In by Hearme(m): 11:21pm On Sep 23, 2019
franklinfresh7:
Simply imagine a Liverpool's lineup without VVD..That guy made defending look easy last season. He made Matip look better and earned Allison some of his clean sheets

Without that defence and Allison. Liverpool would have fought for top four and not league. Man City would have been run away champions. Even Man U rushed to buy Maguire thinking their problems will be solved but Leciester collected money and is still ahead of United on the table. VVD is good abeg and he does it with no too much stress. Should Mane or Salah have won the award I am sure many won't complain. Enough of giving it all to attackers. Defenders or creative players deserve this awards too based on their statistics.

Nevertheless, football might never see another Messi and Ronaldo like players in another 100 years.
Re: FIFA Men's World 11: Messi & Ronaldo Lead XI, Only 2 Liverpool Players In by webngnews: 11:22pm On Sep 23, 2019
hmmm
Re: FIFA Men's World 11: Messi & Ronaldo Lead XI, Only 2 Liverpool Players In by SirBunky85(m): 11:40pm On Sep 23, 2019
Scatterscatter:
Rubbish list! Fifa is killing world football

Modric over Kante
Messi over Van Dijk

Fifa is a joke!
wats so special abt dis Van Dijk?
Re: FIFA Men's World 11: Messi & Ronaldo Lead XI, Only 2 Liverpool Players In by princeade86(m): 11:53pm On Sep 23, 2019
Hearme:

He was benched for a long time last season and he is still been benched by the new signing Mendy. We had so many sensational assist and cut backs for Messi from Alba last season. Robertson for his age was very fantastic last season too.
that is Marcelo statistics till last year because many of u will not know the fact. how many matches the coach benched Marcelo before he was sacked.

Re: FIFA Men's World 11: Messi & Ronaldo Lead XI, Only 2 Liverpool Players In by princeade86(m): 11:54pm On Sep 23, 2019
Marcelo statistics

Re: FIFA Men's World 11: Messi & Ronaldo Lead XI, Only 2 Liverpool Players In by Pacesetter123(m): 12:32am On Sep 24, 2019
oloriLFC:
Okay o. Imagine Marcelo, Modric making the FIFpro. They had to squeeze Hazard there too and no Liverpool or City player? Issokay undecided
Hazard played important role leading to Chelsea being crowned European champion(grade 2).So he deserves to be dere.
Re: FIFA Men's World 11: Messi & Ronaldo Lead XI, Only 2 Liverpool Players In by kiddkash(m): 12:32am On Sep 24, 2019
so they are trying to telling me real madrid that did terrible last season had players there.
while alex arnold or robertson doesn't make the cut. this is pure favoritism. marcelo that didn't play last season is there

1 Like

Re: FIFA Men's World 11: Messi & Ronaldo Lead XI, Only 2 Liverpool Players In by uunwanaobong3: 12:53am On Sep 24, 2019
THIS LIST IS OUTRAGIOUS AND A RAPE ON THE SENSIBILITY OF ANY GENUINE FOOTBALL LOVER...
can some explain to me why three real madrid players are on that list despite their worst season individually and no mancity player on that list?
Why ramos?
Why modric?
Why marcelo?

Why klopp over guardiola?
I think this who world best is becoming something of a cabal and political and not necessrily based on merit
Re: FIFA Men's World 11: Messi & Ronaldo Lead XI, Only 2 Liverpool Players In by OGHENAOGIE(m): 2:53am On Sep 24, 2019
EVILFOREST:

MAY GOD BLESS YOU.
U dey see ROAD well.
keep quiet why use Ronaldo to drive ur silly agenda... award that VVD should win
Re: FIFA Men's World 11: Messi & Ronaldo Lead XI, Only 2 Liverpool Players In by OGHENAOGIE(m): 2:57am On Sep 24, 2019
Scatterscatter:

The fact that he didn't win those trophies is the reason I don't support this. Mind you, Van Dijk stood against Messi and he helped is team over turn a 3-0 deficit and went on to win the UCL.
NB: van Dijk also won the MOTM in the UCL final and also got to the final of the European country league or what ever it's called.
u de mind them na foolish fans coaches captain wey still give votes to Ronaldo and Messi...i blame what did Messi do for country this past year..compare to VVD and Ronaldo
Re: FIFA Men's World 11: Messi & Ronaldo Lead XI, Only 2 Liverpool Players In by wman(m): 3:20am On Sep 24, 2019
princeade86:
Marcelo statistics

All these people that won't watch ball. They'll start quoting statistics.

A true football fan will know that Marcelo never deserved to be on that list.

I'll pick TAA over him.
Re: FIFA Men's World 11: Messi & Ronaldo Lead XI, Only 2 Liverpool Players In by iPopAlomo(m): 3:48am On Sep 24, 2019
princeade86:
name one defender that is ahead of Marcelo in his wing

Robertson..
Re: FIFA Men's World 11: Messi & Ronaldo Lead XI, Only 2 Liverpool Players In by Keshe50: 6:20am On Sep 24, 2019
Martinez39:
His performance wasn't poor in the world cup. His ucl performance wasn't poor. People always make the mistake of looking at only the world cup instead of the whole season. Messi from the 2017/18 to the 2018/19 was better than everyone including Ronaldo. Ronaldo did great in 2018 but he was hyped. He scored a fantastic bicycle kick goal against Juventus and everyone treated him like he is the greatest of all time because of that but when Bale scored a better bicycle kick goal against Liverpool in the finals, no one hyped Bale. Since that Juventus game Ronaldo has put in little magical performances and he has been hyped than ever before.

In the 2018/19, Ronaldo had only one magical performance against atletico and one or two in the Seria A but his performance was way below par by his standards.

My list of world best winners :
2008 : Ronaldo
2009 : Messi
2010 : Messi
2011 : Messi
2012 : Messi
2013 : Ronaldo
2014 : Ronaldo
2015 : Messi
2016 : Ronaldo
2017 : Ronaldo
2018 : Messi
2019 : Messi

messi that miss a penalty against iceland and his team got knocked in the round 16 and could only scored one goal that is against a lowly Nigeria is the one that u said he doesn't has a poor world cup..u must be joking..messi himself knows he has a poor world cup campaign..also in the ucl..he was not the highest goal scorer..he team was knocked out by AS Roma after leading the first leg with 3 goal advantage...now tell me how did he has a good ucl campaign
Re: FIFA Men's World 11: Messi & Ronaldo Lead XI, Only 2 Liverpool Players In by ShakaZullu(m): 6:40am On Sep 24, 2019
[s]
ola33t:

Ok, you've got a nice job.
[/s]
Re: FIFA Men's World 11: Messi & Ronaldo Lead XI, Only 2 Liverpool Players In by schumastic(m): 7:47am On Sep 24, 2019
princeade86:
Marcelo statistics

He played 23 matches out of 38. He was benched in 15 other matches. The matches he played what was his impact and how many assist the he provide? After ronaldo left he became a shadow of himself, let's argue with facts and not sentiment. I love Madrid some names on that list doesn't deserve it. What did Ramos Marcelo and modric archieve?. Compare to the likes of de bryune, silva, sterling, Roberto, and the other great players that had a fantastic season last yr. This season has started already those same boys have continued from were they stopped, meanwhile the likes of Ramos, modric and Marcelo haven't even played anything. I love Madrid but they robbed premiere league boys this year and it's very obvious. Mind you we had an all premiere league final for the first time in the history of champions league and UEFA but they get ignored doesn't that sends a message to you. FIFA hates English football take it or leave.

1 Like

Re: FIFA Men's World 11: Messi & Ronaldo Lead XI, Only 2 Liverpool Players In by Innobee99(m): 7:48am On Sep 24, 2019
Two players from Liverpool is not "JUST"

How many Manchester united and Chelsea Players?
Re: FIFA Men's World 11: Messi & Ronaldo Lead XI, Only 2 Liverpool Players In by schumastic(m): 7:50am On Sep 24, 2019
Keshe50:

messi that miss a penalty against iceland and his team got knocked in the round 16 and could only scored one goal that is against a lowly Nigeria is the one that u said he doesn't has a poor world cup..u must be joking..messi himself knows he has a poor world cup campaign..also in the ucl..he was not the highest goal scorer..he team was knocked out by AS Roma after leading the first leg with 3 goal advantage...now tell me how did he has a good ucl campaign

Leave that guy, some people just argue football without knowing the facts behind it the moment I saw messi in his list for 2010 that's when I knew he doesn't know football.. So snijder who was the rightful winner of that year doesn't deserve it.... 2010 and 2019 fifa award clearly shows who they r rooting for and how biased fifa is.

1 Like

Re: FIFA Men's World 11: Messi & Ronaldo Lead XI, Only 2 Liverpool Players In by stephen12118(m): 8:11am On Sep 24, 2019
[quote author=Timinho23 post=82503723]Rubbish..
we all know it's the most popular contest.. Marcelo? Ramos? Modric? How far voters now? are people that daft? I really don't understand this their voting pattern anymore,how comes Ramos, Marcelo and Modric be in FIFA best 11
Re: FIFA Men's World 11: Messi & Ronaldo Lead XI, Only 2 Liverpool Players In by princeade86(m): 8:19am On Sep 24, 2019
schumastic:

He played 23 matches out of 38. He was benched in 15 other matches. The matches he played what was his impact and how many assist the he provide? After ronaldo left he became a shadow of himself, let's argue with facts and not sentiment. I love Madrid some names on that list doesn't deserve it. What did Ramos Marcelo and modric archieve?. Compare to the likes of de bryune, silva, sterling, Roberto, and the other great players that had a fantastic season last yr. This season has started already those same boys have continued from were they stopped, meanwhile the likes of Ramos, modric and Marcelo haven't even played anything. I love Madrid but they robbed premiere league boys this year and it's very obvious. Mind you we had an all premiere league final for the first time in the history of champions league and UEFA but they get ignored doesn't that sends a message to you. FIFA hates English football take it or leave.
u are correct my brother. but I want u to know that England media always hype their players as well. example is rashford. winning title does not mean they better than them individually. the rubbish list there is Sergio Ramos they switched to right wing because they don't want to remove van dick for him. let not be sentiment, van dick not near Sergio Ramos if not the trophy he won. if u look at van dick very well, u can't compare the way Ramos marked to the way van dick marked. study him closely, u will know sometimes, van dick don't move close to dribbler, and that's why many people always say they don't use to beat him. Sergio Ramos marked with all his body.
Re: FIFA Men's World 11: Messi & Ronaldo Lead XI, Only 2 Liverpool Players In by Sommiee(m): 8:38am On Sep 24, 2019
odun360:
FIFA FIFPro Men's World11:
Gk: Alisson
Defenders, Ramos, De Ligt, Van Dijk, Marcelo
Midfielders: Modric, De Jong, Hazard
Forwards: Mbappe, Messi, Ronaldo
https://www.reportminds.com/2019/09/fifa-fifpro-men-world11-messi-ronaldo.html
if na only two Liverpool player, Wetin do am
Re: FIFA Men's World 11: Messi & Ronaldo Lead XI, Only 2 Liverpool Players In by kendrick93(m): 8:53am On Sep 24, 2019
princeade86:
sir, that's not my answer. name one person better than him
Andy Robertson is the best LB in the world
Re: FIFA Men's World 11: Messi & Ronaldo Lead XI, Only 2 Liverpool Players In by Izuelevated(m): 8:56am On Sep 24, 2019
How did,Hazard, Marcelo, and Ramos find their way into FIFA's the best eleven? While qualified characters like Salah, Robertson, mane, and kane are missing in the list. Hazard that played second tier European football. Marcelo that was in and out of Madrid's starting eleven last season. Ramos captained Madrid to their worst European and domestic outing last season.
Even manutd eleven will it out muscle this sh***t FIFA's eleven in the field of play!!!
Re: FIFA Men's World 11: Messi & Ronaldo Lead XI, Only 2 Liverpool Players In by sssoulw(m): 10:15am On Sep 24, 2019
One match u dey use, jugde person.... ur stupidity is at its peak
Keshe50:

Re: FIFA Men's World 11: Messi & Ronaldo Lead XI, Only 2 Liverpool Players In by Atomass: 11:01am On Sep 24, 2019
Man U team with 4 1 2 1 2 formation will beat this squad

Gk: Alisson

Defenders, Ramos, De Ligt, Van Dijk, Marcelo

Midfielders: Modric, De Jong, Hazard

Forwards: Mbappe, Messi, Ronaldo
Re: FIFA Men's World 11: Messi & Ronaldo Lead XI, Only 2 Liverpool Players In by renewable1(m): 11:12am On Sep 24, 2019
Cool

We have a 1kva complete solar power system that can power your TV, decoder, sound system ceiling fan, lighting points and phones with a backup time of minimum 6hours.

CHECK MY SIGNATURE NOW

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Who Can Break Ronaldo And Messi's Record When They Retire? / Barclays Premier League Live Scores-http://ng.supersport.mobi/default.aspx / AFCON: 'Super Eagles waka Never Finish, Na Semi Dem Dey Go So' - CAF

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.