Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,682 members, 7,827,532 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 01:08 PM

Abiodun Inherits N32b Gratuities - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Abiodun Inherits N32b Gratuities (7902 Views)

Bola Ahmed Tinubu Inherits Buhari Campaign Office In Abuja / Enugu Govt Earmarks Paris Club Savings For Payment Of LG Pensions, Gratuities / Jubilation As Enugu Pensioners Thank Ugwuanyi For Payment Of Gratuities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Abiodun Inherits N32b Gratuities by Apeshy101(m): 6:51am On Sep 24, 2019
Ogun State government on Monday said it inherited N32.8 billion gratuities and death benefits incurred between August 2011 and June 2019 under its Transition Pension Scheme.

The state lamented that the debt piled up during the previous administration, but said the new government would offset the bills.
Permanent Secretary in the Bureau of Local Government Pensions Mrs. Irene Kokumo spoke while hosting members of the House of Assembly’s Committee on Local Government and Chieftaincy Affairs.

Kokumo said the state pays an average of N791 million to retired local government workers and State Universal Basic Education Board (SUBEB) retirees monthly.

Also speaking at the bureau’s budget assessment, she said the scheme caters for 11,616 retirees in the pre-1991 category.
According to her, records showed that the administration had been facilitating prompt release of retirement savings account balance to retirees, who had disengaged from the Contributory Pension Scheme, to ensure that senior citizens enjoy a better life after service.

Besides the N791 million paid monthly, the bureau also pay N4.6 billion monthly pensions between January and June, 2019.

Kokumo said the bureau had been managing the benefits of the ‘Pay as you Go’ scheme and the Contributory Pension Scheme.

She added that the bureau’s primary responsibility was that of the pre-1991 retirees, comprising local government and SUBEB personnel, as well as officials still in service.

Kokumo listed other achievements as computation and compilation of outstanding gratuities and death pensions till date, maintenance of records for easy access, facilitation of remittances of contributory pension deductions as and when released, among others.

She added that the state government was already taking steps to address the challenges confronting the Bureau regarding the renovation of its offices and provision of befitting infrastructure, full digitization and computerisation of its activities, among others.

Responding, the Chairman of the Committee, Hon. Akeem Balogun, who applauded the management team for maintaining standard in the discharge of its duties, tasked the Bureau to come up with strategies that could assist in offsetting the outstanding gratuities of local government councils and SUBEB retirees.

https://thenationonlineng.net/abiodun-inherits-n32b-gratuities/amp/

2 Likes

Re: Abiodun Inherits N32b Gratuities by Onlinealaba(m): 7:07am On Sep 24, 2019
As far they promised to offset it that's nice. And I hope it will be implemented, retirees deserved to be catered for

CHECK MY PROFILE, your electronics at best prices
Re: Abiodun Inherits N32b Gratuities by Nobody: 7:07am On Sep 24, 2019
Lost my mum in 2011 who is a teacher in Ogun for almost 30 years

Up till now completely nothing from the government instead we are the one spending on different government and pension scheme cronies/thieves to get her money

They ask us to bring our mother secondary school and college certificate and her first letter of appointment of almost 30 years ago

Thank goodness all her children have finally finish schooling and we don't desperately need the money compare to when we are still in school, if they like should pay if they pay if they like they shouldn't, children of dead woman have suffered and have survived

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Abiodun Inherits N32b Gratuities by amaniro: 7:08am On Sep 24, 2019
Okay??
Re: Abiodun Inherits N32b Gratuities by omoadeleye(m): 7:09am On Sep 24, 2019
G
Re: Abiodun Inherits N32b Gratuities by gateleo(m): 7:09am On Sep 24, 2019
Just pay off...no stories

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Abiodun Inherits N32b Gratuities by SLAP44: 7:09am On Sep 24, 2019
If this happened in Abia, expect some people's mouth to be running like a spoiled tap of water praprapraprapra.

Now its in their own state where the governor didn't even share kerosene to appease the masses.

Your money is being kept in bullion vans at burdillion road house of your master. grin

5 Likes

Re: Abiodun Inherits N32b Gratuities by Bukino222(m): 7:12am On Sep 24, 2019
I'm not from Ogun State But I strongly believe that Governor Amosun was financially reckless.
No wonder he wasn't able to impose his successor.
Our Leaders need to start employing prudency in the management of our common wealth.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abiodun Inherits N32b Gratuities by helinues: 7:15am On Sep 24, 2019
Amosun's case shall be revisited later.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abiodun Inherits N32b Gratuities by Nobody: 7:17am On Sep 24, 2019
Do the needful
Re: Abiodun Inherits N32b Gratuities by Day169: 7:21am On Sep 24, 2019
Bad inheritance!
Re: Abiodun Inherits N32b Gratuities by lyriclekidd(m): 7:22am On Sep 24, 2019
Okay good story dawg..
Re: Abiodun Inherits N32b Gratuities by youngsahito(m): 7:24am On Sep 24, 2019
why can't EFCC prosecute all this useless pass governors

2 Likes

Re: Abiodun Inherits N32b Gratuities by starbright4real(m): 7:32am On Sep 24, 2019
gud day, pls i seriously need a job, i am a graduate of accounting (hnd) 07037799108
Re: Abiodun Inherits N32b Gratuities by adenigga(m): 7:33am On Sep 24, 2019
Let them stop brodcasting, do d needful. Leave story for now!

3 Likes

Re: Abiodun Inherits N32b Gratuities by OBAGADAFFI: 7:46am On Sep 24, 2019
grin
Re: Abiodun Inherits N32b Gratuities by kayusely70(m): 8:08am On Sep 24, 2019
Thats minus state government pensioners who are still to be paid their gratuities since 2014, aside those who were underpaid by amosun administration 2012-2013 set.

1 Like

Re: Abiodun Inherits N32b Gratuities by dm2019(m): 8:12am On Sep 24, 2019
NDIC is selling bank accounts by auction sale.

Just as government have been selling by auction,impounded smuggled vehicles by the Nigerian custom service. So is the government also selling by auction, bank accounts seized from suspected criminals.

The auction is ongoing, with N80,000 you can acquire savings Bank accounts containing N750,000 and above. There are about 800 bank accounts for sale.

We can help you secure bank accounts put up for sale by NDIC.

Email: gabrielelias028@gmail.com
Re: Abiodun Inherits N32b Gratuities by Anambralstson: 8:20am On Sep 24, 2019
Propaganda tribe while desert this thread, if it was any southeast thread you will see them dancing azonto, this is a state they claimed the IGR is bigger than all eastern States, I never forget, I'll keep reminding your dumb brains
Re: Abiodun Inherits N32b Gratuities by Olufemiolaolu(m): 8:25am On Sep 24, 2019
Gbenga Daniel caused this and Amosun compounded it with his unreasonable and his unwillingness to clear it despite several bail out funds he received. He prefered to pursue installing a stooge and building useless Bridges instead if doing the needful. Shame on him

2 Likes

Re: Abiodun Inherits N32b Gratuities by PECO4KING(m): 10:33am On Sep 24, 2019
oluwaseyi000:

Up till now completely nothing from the government instead we are the one spending on different government and pension scheme cronies/thieves to get her money

They ask us to bring our mother secondary school and college certificate and her first letter of appointment of almost 30 years ago

Thank goodness all her children have finally finish schooling and we don't desperately need the money compare to when we are still in school, if they like should pay if they pay if they like they shouldn't, children of dead woman have suffered and have survived
Same things happen to my wife's late mum in Ogun state 2014. The children were promised that the government will pay their gratitude but they had to stop going to the ministry and local government when they wasted their time and money.

2 Likes

Re: Abiodun Inherits N32b Gratuities by renewable1(m): 10:48am On Sep 24, 2019
Please pay them their dues, they worked for it

We have a 1kva complete solar power system that can power your TV, decoder, sound system ceiling fan, lighting points and phones with a backup time of minimum 6hours.

CHECK MY SIGNATURE NOW
Re: Abiodun Inherits N32b Gratuities by momove4real25(f): 12:14pm On Sep 24, 2019
oluwaseyi000:

Hi pls, if u have necessary documents of hers i can be of help. Because if you dnt process it wont come out. Send me mail

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Trouble In Paradise As Ipob Attacks Sowore And Sahara Reporters. Pics / Nigeria’s VAT Collection, Lowest In Africa – Tajudeen Abbas / Obasanjo Denies Ever Requesting For 3rd Term..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.