Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,879 members, 7,817,591 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:07 PM

Shock As A 6-year-old Girl Handcuffed And Arrested - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Shock As A 6-year-old Girl Handcuffed And Arrested (1566 Views)

Elijah Tanko: 4 Women Lay Claim To 6-year-old Boy, Panel Orders DNA Test / 6-Year-Old Brother And Sister Twins Are Married In Buddhist Ceremony In Thailand / Grandma Accidentally Buys Adult Book For 6-year-old (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Shock As A 6-year-old Girl Handcuffed And Arrested by Ilal: 9:17am On Sep 24, 2019
A 6-year-old Florida schoolgirl was handcuffed and arrested after she kicked a school staff member and this has led to an outrage.

The child, named Kaia, who suffers from sleep apnea, was arrested, cuffed and fingerprinted after she threw a kicking tantrum in her Orlando elementary school class. She was then charged with battery.

“She was charged with battery!” an angry Meralyn Kirkland, the child’s grandmother, told WFLA-TV.

Kirkland said her grandchild suffers from sleep apnea, a condition she is working on managing through medication, and was acting out from sleep deprivation. She said her granddaughter should never have been hauled off from her school in handcuffs.

The girl’s grandmother said she was horrified to learn Kaia was arrested on Thursday, September 19, after she kicked a staff member at the Lucious and Emma Nixon Elementary charter school.

After her arrest, Kaia was placed in handcuffs and driven 8 miles to Orlando’s Juvenile Detention Center, where she was fingerprinted and had her mug shot taken, the report said.

Kirkland said she received a call from someone at the elementary school informing her the child was in police custody.

“‘What do you mean she was arrested?’ ” Kirkland remembered saying during the unbelievable call.

“He said, ‘There was an incident and she kicked somebody and she is being charged and she is on her way.'”

Kirkland added: “No six-year-old child should be able to tell somebody that they had handcuffs on them and they were riding in the back of a police car and taken to a juvenile center to be fingerprinted, mug shot.”

Kaia was one of two children arrested that day. The other is an eight-year-old child.
An internal investigation is ongoing, according to local news website Click Orlando.

Source: http://ojblitz.com/shock-as-a-6-year-old-girl-handcuffed-and-arrested/

1 Share

Re: Shock As A 6-year-old Girl Handcuffed And Arrested by ClitRaider: 9:27am On Sep 24, 2019
Not surprised, she's black.

2 Likes

Re: Shock As A 6-year-old Girl Handcuffed And Arrested by SHOPPERS(m): 9:30am On Sep 24, 2019
Handcuffed?

How hard was the kick please?

Some people are just plain stupid.

1 Share

Re: Shock As A 6-year-old Girl Handcuffed And Arrested by SimDan95(m): 9:37am On Sep 24, 2019
racism at it's peak, a wise man once said

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shock As A 6-year-old Girl Handcuffed And Arrested by Jentle244: 10:48am On Sep 24, 2019
....so far my toilet seat is white and the toilet paper i use to clean my ass is white i don't care what the white do.... (modified)

2 Likes

Re: Shock As A 6-year-old Girl Handcuffed And Arrested by Nobody: 11:05am On Sep 24, 2019
They wouldn't have done that to a little white girl.

3 Likes

Re: Shock As A 6-year-old Girl Handcuffed And Arrested by JOHNSONSOLAFUNMI(m): 11:27am On Sep 24, 2019
Learn to site the source and by the way the police officer gas been suspended, read is on foxnews if page sometimes last week
Re: Shock As A 6-year-old Girl Handcuffed And Arrested by Ilal: 5:07pm On Sep 25, 2019
JOHNSONSOLAFUNMI:
Learn to site the source and by the way the police officer gas been suspended, read is on foxnews if page sometimes last week

Please read again you'll see the source.

1 Like

Re: Shock As A 6-year-old Girl Handcuffed And Arrested by JOHNSONSOLAFUNMI(m): 7:32pm On Sep 25, 2019
Ilal:

Please read again you'll see the source.

That's the source? I read this on @foxnews last week
Re: Shock As A 6-year-old Girl Handcuffed And Arrested by Ilal: 11:30pm On Sep 25, 2019
JOHNSONSOLAFUNMI:

That's the source? I read this on @foxnews last week

Your source is foxnews while nine is ojblitz. BBC and Aljezera also read the news. Good night.
Re: Shock As A 6-year-old Girl Handcuffed And Arrested by Horus(m): 4:46pm On Feb 28, 2020

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zLcMyxaRkRk

Six-year-old black schoolgirl arrested and hancuffed
Re: Shock As A 6-year-old Girl Handcuffed And Arrested by HOMOTOYOSI10: 7:09pm On Apr 06, 2020
Good evening Pocohantas, I sent you a message on the link on your signature, I'm not sure I know how the website works, it's the one with the CDS project.
Re: Shock As A 6-year-old Girl Handcuffed And Arrested by sisisioge: 8:45pm On Apr 06, 2020
Crazy MF!!!

(1) (Reply)

N30000 Feeding Allowance / 8 Sleep Hacks To Help You Fall Asleep Faster / a

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.