Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,818,008 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:44 AM

Hospitals Visits for abdominal pains. Advice Needed please - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Hospitals Visits for abdominal pains. Advice Needed please (3993 Views)

Her Stretch Marks Are Getting Black... Advice Needed Please. / Woman Diagnosed With 'abdominal Tumor' Gives Birth To Twins / Treatment For Abdominal Sound (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hospitals Visits for abdominal pains. Advice Needed please by betterview3: 4:59pm On Sep 24, 2019
DISCLAIMER:

( I am not asking for money please. Not here to scam anyone. Just need suggestions)

In the past 3 years I have spent hundreds of thousands in hospitals trying to treat abdominal pains, burning stomach radiating to my groin and at times to my whole body.

Symptoms do not respond to ppi, antacids, or any drug at all.

Pains and burning sensations are there 24 hours, eating bland diets or even not eating at all does not give relief.

I have done all routine tests. Yes all. I mean it.
I even did 2 ultrasounds, endoscopy, and even CT scans.

I have met many doctors and consultants at UNTH, ASUTH, ESUT (park lane) These are teaching hospitals.

All tests are okay and doctors have dismissed me, saying my issue is psychological. But I am not okay. I know. I am in my mid 20s.

Following my intuition last week, I did h pylori test and it was positive. (It used to be negative). I repeated it 3 days ago at different lab and it was also positive.

NOW, h pylori can cause my symptoms, maybe it's my problem. I desire treating it in the most effective way and with the best drugs.

I need suggestions from experts and experienced people here.

I have suffered so much and lost many opportunities because of this.

Please help.

MODIFIED:

Based on prescription, I treated h pylori using tinidazole, clarithromycin and lansoprazole for 7 days bd

followed it with amoxil 1000g bd and lansaprazole for 5 days.

UNFORTUNATELY, still feel worse.
Re: Hospitals Visits for abdominal pains. Advice Needed please by Contumely: 5:04pm On Sep 24, 2019
BEFORE I PROCEED, note that I have been to many hospitals like University of Nigeria Teaching Hospital, Anambra State University Teaching Hospital, Enugu State University Teaching Hospital, Eastern Nigeria Medical Centre, etc.

I have met many doctors and consultants; done uncountable tests like FBC, Urinalysis, Widal tests, Hiv, Hepatitis B and C, Stool MCS, Occult blood, and recently 2 separate abdmonial Ultrasounds, Endoscopy, CT scan of the abdomen, Hy pylori etc.

I have thus spent hundreds of thousands in the past 2-3 years.

ALL TESTS ARE NORMAL.

In fact, after the CT scan that cost me 55,000, the doctors became dismissive since all are okay. Some said "it's in my head" that nothing is wrong with me. Me at mid 20s, wouldn't know if I am sick?

I decided to take my destiny in my hands the more.
I decided to repeat H pylori which used to be negative but it showed positive at TWO different labs last week! NOTE that blood was used for these H pylori tests.

I DO NOT SMOKE OR DRINK ALCOHOL.

[B]MY SYMPTOMS[/B]

Abdominal pains that nothing relieves.
It doesn't respond to PPIs, antacids, omeprazoles etc

No food exacerbates nor alleviates the burning sensation. Even if i take pap or just white rice, same burning sensation and cramps. Hotness of the abdomen and groin at times hotness in my whole body even my neck.

Symptoms are always there and has made my life hellish!

I have lost many opportunities owing to this.

[B]MY INTENTION[/b]

Having confirmed H pylori from 2 labs and knowing that it could be causing my symptoms, I wish to treat it in the most effective manner and with the most tested drugs.

WHAT I SEEK

I seek counsel and suggestions from well meaning Nairaland health professionals. And those who may have had similar experiences.
Some doctors do not care anymore, they only prescribe unnecessary drugs and dismiss you!
Please help!
Re: Hospitals Visits for abdominal pains. Advice Needed please by betterview3: 5:28pm On Sep 24, 2019
Teaching Hospital test, one of them

Re: Hospitals Visits for abdominal pains. Advice Needed please by betterview3: 5:29pm On Sep 24, 2019
H pylori. First one, positive.

Re: Hospitals Visits for abdominal pains. Advice Needed please by betterview3: 5:29pm On Sep 24, 2019
Hy pylori, second test, also positive..

Re: Hospitals Visits for abdominal pains. Advice Needed please by betterview3: 5:42pm On Sep 24, 2019
CT scan done at 55k.

Okay. Structurally everything is fine.

Same with 2 ultrasound tests done.

Re: Hospitals Visits for abdominal pains. Advice Needed please by betterview3: 5:47pm On Sep 24, 2019
One of the ultra sound tests done at UNTH teaching hospital Enugu.

Re: Hospitals Visits for abdominal pains. Advice Needed please by Finelinks: 8:37pm On Sep 24, 2019
Mehn this is stange o..
And some of us are healthy yet we complain a lot.

I wish you speedy recovery.

Lalasticlala pls help get wide views
Re: Hospitals Visits for abdominal pains. Advice Needed please by Nobody: 8:41pm On Sep 24, 2019
Hi,

I'm sorry you must be going through a lot. From the rest results I can see you're having a heliobacter pylori infection in your intestine which happens to have stayed quite a long time. It's possible you gave intestinal ulcer caused by the actions of this bacteria on your intestine. May I know the drugs you have taken so far?
Re: Hospitals Visits for abdominal pains. Advice Needed please by betterview3: 10:51pm On Sep 24, 2019
DocH:
Hi,

I'm sorry you must be going through a lot. From the rest results I can see you're having a heliobacter pylori infection in your intestine which happens to have stayed quite a long time. It's possible you gave intestinal ulcer caused by the actions of this bacteria on your intestine. May I know the drugs you have taken so far?
There was a time I took Ulsa kit.
2 packs. That was at the outset. Thereafter I have taken ciprofloxacin, amoxicilin, omeprazole, abendazole and other types of antibiotics.
These antibiotics were targeted at typhoid. My widal tests --- salmonella always stays at 160
Paratyphi 160.

Thanks!
Re: Hospitals Visits for abdominal pains. Advice Needed please by Nobody: 10:56pm On Sep 24, 2019
betterview3:

There was a time I took Ulsa kit.
2 packs. That was at the outset. Thereafter I have taken ciprofloxacin, amoxicilin, omeprazole, abendazole and other types of antibiotics.
These antibiotics were targeted at typhoid. My widal tests --- salmonella always stays at 160
Paratyphi 160.

Thanks!

when did you take the antibiotics, before or after the test that confirmed positive for h pylori?
Re: Hospitals Visits for abdominal pains. Advice Needed please by betterview3: 10:56pm On Sep 24, 2019
DocH:
Hi,

Endoscopy, occult blood test, etc didn't show ulcer though.
Re: Hospitals Visits for abdominal pains. Advice Needed please by betterview3: 10:57pm On Sep 24, 2019
Lalasticlala please I am begging.. I need to start treatment ASAP.
Re: Hospitals Visits for abdominal pains. Advice Needed please by betterview3: 11:02pm On Sep 24, 2019
DocH:

when did you take the antibiotics, before or after the test that confirmed positive for h pylori?

Some were taken last year, at different occasions. Especially when symptoms get worse.
Currently symptoms are worse but I have been managing to so as to confirm these test results without interference from antibiotics.

At a point around March, I took cefixime and Levlofloxacin, when it was as if cipro didn't work for worse symptoms.

I felt just a bit better afterwards.

But I don't like drugs generally especially antibiotics and also careful not to abuse them or develop resistance.
Re: Hospitals Visits for abdominal pains. Advice Needed please by Nobody: 11:16pm On Sep 24, 2019
betterview3:

Some were taken last year, at different occasions. Especially when symptoms get worse.
Currently symptoms are worse but I have been managing to so as to confirm these test results without interference from antibiotics.

At a point around March, I took cefixime and Levlofloxacin, when it was as if cipro didn't work for worse symptoms.

I felt just a bit better afterwards.

But I don't like drugs generally especially antibiotics and also careful not to abuse them or develop resistance.

if endoscopy and fecal occult blood test confirms negative for ulcer, then it's likely you dont have it. this h pylori is well known for its recalcitrant behaviour and you will be needing an aggressive antibiotic therapy which will be administered in combination. clarithromycin and augmentin have high success rate.
Re: Hospitals Visits for abdominal pains. Advice Needed please by betterview3: 11:42pm On Sep 24, 2019
DocH:

if endoscopy and fecal occult blood test confirms negative for ulcer, then it's likely you dont have it. this h pylori is well known for its recalcitrant behaviour and you will be needing an aggressive antibiotic therapy which will be administered in combination. clarithromycin and augmentin have high success rate.
Thanks!
I have heard about triple therapy. It appears that there are tailor made drugs like ulsa kit targeted at h pylori.

Are you aware of any?

And what brand can you recommend?
Re: Hospitals Visits for abdominal pains. Advice Needed please by ladyGKilaBCrueD(f): 12:08am On Sep 25, 2019
speaking of fecal matter, ever considered coprophilia? it can be hot under the right circumstance...
DocH:

Re: Hospitals Visits for abdominal pains. Advice Needed please by ladyGKilaBCrueD(f): 12:09am On Sep 25, 2019
Doc, tell me truth. have you ever gotten a boner from examining a female patient?
DocH:

Re: Hospitals Visits for abdominal pains. Advice Needed please by Nobody: 12:18am On Sep 25, 2019
betterview3:

Thanks!
I have heard about triple therapy. It appears that there are tailor made drugs like ulsa kit targeted at h pylori.

Are you aware of any?

And what brand can you recommend?

There's a tipple and as well a quadruple and these drugs are very effective not minding the stubborn nature if this organism.

Combine ppi, clarithromycin, amoxicillin, and metronidazole for 10 days. Then watch what happens. If you haven't gotten full relief,
For the next ten days, substitute clarithro for levoflox and take combination for the next ten days and God willing, you will be fine.

It got worse like this because you relied on single line therapy all along which is not advisable with h pylori.

Probiotics are underway for the treatment of this condition but till then.

Be sure of your food and water, always buy Eva if you cant boil and refrigerate water for drinking and make sure ur food is cooked or put in microwave.

Good luck.

1 Like

Re: Hospitals Visits for abdominal pains. Advice Needed please by ladyGKilaBCrueD(f): 12:19am On Sep 25, 2019
babeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
DocH:

There's a tipple and as well a quadruple and these drugs are very effective not minding the stubborn nature if this organism.

Combine ppi, clarithromycin, amoxicillin, and metronidazole for 10 days. Then watch what happens. If you haven't gotten full relief,
For the next ten days, substitute clarithro for levoflox and take combination for the next ten days and God willing, you will be fine.

It got worse like this because you relied on single line therapy all along which is not advisable with h pylori.

Be sure of your food and water, always buy Eva if you cant boil and refrigerate water for drinking and make sure ur food is cooked or put in microwave.

Good luck.
Re: Hospitals Visits for abdominal pains. Advice Needed please by ladyGKilaBCrueD(f): 12:19am On Sep 25, 2019
do you want to eat this or not?
DocH:

Good luck.
Re: Hospitals Visits for abdominal pains. Advice Needed please by ladyGKilaBCrueD(f): 12:21am On Sep 25, 2019
why you keep ignoring me tho?
DocH:

Good luck.
Re: Hospitals Visits for abdominal pains. Advice Needed please by Nobody: 12:35am On Sep 25, 2019
The quadruple therapy contains bismuth, PPI and two antibiotics, tetracycline and metronidazole for 14 days. This therapy is preferred when first treatment with the triple therapy against H. pylori failed
Re: Hospitals Visits for abdominal pains. Advice Needed please by ladyGKilaBCrueD(f): 12:36am On Sep 25, 2019
dude... seriously...
DocH:
The quadruple therapy contains bismuth, PPI and two antibiotics, tetracycline and metronidazole for 14 days. This therapy is preferred when first treatment with the triple therapy against H. pylori failed
Re: Hospitals Visits for abdominal pains. Advice Needed please by ladyGKilaBCrueD(f): 12:38am On Sep 25, 2019
fuckin homo
DocH:
Re: Hospitals Visits for abdominal pains. Advice Needed please by Nobody: 12:39am On Sep 25, 2019
ladyGKilaBCrueD:
dude... seriously...

Stop derailing the thread miss. Go elsewhere and practice ur joncing.

Seun, lala, Rule 1, 2, 4.
Re: Hospitals Visits for abdominal pains. Advice Needed please by ladyGKilaBCrueD(f): 12:40am On Sep 25, 2019
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
DocH:

Stop derailing the thread miss. Go elsewhere and practice ur joncing.

Se.un, lala, Rule 1, 2, 4.
Re: Hospitals Visits for abdominal pains. Advice Needed please by betterview3: 6:28am On Sep 25, 2019
DocH:

Good luck.
Thanks so much.

Any brand of these drugs?
Re: Hospitals Visits for abdominal pains. Advice Needed please by betterview3: 6:31am On Sep 25, 2019
Pistotita
Pocohantas, obinoscopy, odunnu, ifyalways,

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What Are The Dangers Of Applying Aboniki Balm On The Manhood? / A Special Needs Learning Centre With Boarding / 10 Reasons Why GMO Foods Is Bad For Your Health

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.