Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,706 members, 7,816,903 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:48 PM

Gas Cooker Explosion Kills Girl, Stroke Patient In Lagos (Photos) - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Gas Cooker Explosion Kills Girl, Stroke Patient In Lagos (Photos) (39405 Views)

Nurse Steals Money From Dying COVID-19 Patient In US / 14-year-old Girl Raped By HIV Patient In Hospital In Port Harcourt (photos) / Sierra Leone Nurse Jailed For 15 Years For Raping Patient In A London Hospital (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gas Cooker Explosion Kills Girl, Stroke Patient In Lagos (Photos) by faithfull18(f): 11:07am On Sep 25, 2019
Scary.
Re: Gas Cooker Explosion Kills Girl, Stroke Patient In Lagos (Photos) by OyinO: 11:10am On Sep 25, 2019
Fake gas cylinders everywhere in Naija. Why won't there be frequent explosions?
Re: Gas Cooker Explosion Kills Girl, Stroke Patient In Lagos (Photos) by Olufemiolaolu(m): 11:12am On Sep 25, 2019
So sad
Re: Gas Cooker Explosion Kills Girl, Stroke Patient In Lagos (Photos) by macaranta(m): 11:12am On Sep 25, 2019
Sadly the safety requirements for using a gas cooker are not strictly adhered to by majority of the people using it.
RIP to the dead.
Re: Gas Cooker Explosion Kills Girl, Stroke Patient In Lagos (Photos) by jaxxy(m): 11:13am On Sep 25, 2019
A 7 year old trying to light a gas cooker?

2 Likes

Re: Gas Cooker Explosion Kills Girl, Stroke Patient In Lagos (Photos) by duchessvikki0(f): 11:14am On Sep 25, 2019
Nawa o

People should endeavor to be careful and follow safety measures
Re: Gas Cooker Explosion Kills Girl, Stroke Patient In Lagos (Photos) by MiztaYouneek(m): 11:14am On Sep 25, 2019
Many people are just commenting without pointing out the main issue. Why will a 7 year old girl be lighting a gas cooker?

Even the way I see some adults lighting these gas cooker I always try to caution them not to do it that way, then someone will send a seven year old girl to light a gas.

May the soul of the dead rest in peace.

1 Like

Re: Gas Cooker Explosion Kills Girl, Stroke Patient In Lagos (Photos) by Jerkules: 11:16am On Sep 25, 2019
madgoat:
grin grin grin
That is how they will laugh at ur loved ones when their graphic pics are displayed on FP
Re: Gas Cooker Explosion Kills Girl, Stroke Patient In Lagos (Photos) by MiztaYouneek(m): 11:16am On Sep 25, 2019
jaxxy:
A 7 year old trying to light a gas cooker?

This is what shocked me the most. How can a 7 year old girl be lighting gas cooker for crying out loud.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Gas Cooker Explosion Kills Girl, Stroke Patient In Lagos (Photos) by SapphirePRINCEX(f): 11:26am On Sep 25, 2019
We go everly still take gas cook o...
Re: Gas Cooker Explosion Kills Girl, Stroke Patient In Lagos (Photos) by Nobody: 11:27am On Sep 25, 2019
RIP
Re: Gas Cooker Explosion Kills Girl, Stroke Patient In Lagos (Photos) by Olaolex: 11:29am On Sep 25, 2019
SenecaTheYonger:
What caused the fire? I can see that the house was already on fire before that first explosion.
Comprehension problem ���
Re: Gas Cooker Explosion Kills Girl, Stroke Patient In Lagos (Photos) by Psoul(m): 11:32am On Sep 25, 2019
Try to change ur gas cylinder even b4 it reaches the expiry date. Life is more precious than what is use to sustain life.

My wife saw me coming home with a new gas cylinder and she was like..."honey, why are u spending another money for a gas cylinder when these ones are still looking new"?

I told her that I want to destroy one of the cylinders and sold it as a scrap to the scrap dealer. She asked why. I told her cos I love her and my kids so much. She got confused. I then told her that the old cylinder can explode any moment from now....now she is scared... grin grin grin grin grin

Don't wait til the cylinder scares u b4 u think of changing it

2 Likes

Re: Gas Cooker Explosion Kills Girl, Stroke Patient In Lagos (Photos) by litaninja(m): 11:32am On Sep 25, 2019
If firefighters went there, area boys will tell them to settle before allowing access to the place.

1 Like

Re: Gas Cooker Explosion Kills Girl, Stroke Patient In Lagos (Photos) by harley88(m): 11:42am On Sep 25, 2019
What's a 7 year old doing with gas cylinders?? You see things are very wrong is this country. Parents leave children to do tasks not meant for their age in the name of training thier children.
Such a terrible avoidable loss.
Re: Gas Cooker Explosion Kills Girl, Stroke Patient In Lagos (Photos) by Nobody: 11:49am On Sep 25, 2019
Pancs:
So sad, beginning to fear gas.
May God protect us
You shouldn't fear gas but learn to use it properly and like everything else not properly used, it kills. You can't say u fear traveling by road or air because of road accidents or plane crash? Or that you are suddenly afraid of sex because of diseases Learning to do things the right way saves a lot of time, stress & life

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gas Cooker Explosion Kills Girl, Stroke Patient In Lagos (Photos) by DarkJeddi(m): 11:51am On Sep 25, 2019
Reminds why I refuse to use Gas in my house,

My wife done talk tire..

Me: no be for this house.. undecided
Re: Gas Cooker Explosion Kills Girl, Stroke Patient In Lagos (Photos) by Nobody: 11:53am On Sep 25, 2019
Re: Gas Cooker Explosion Kills Girl, Stroke Patient In Lagos (Photos) by DarkJeddi(m): 11:56am On Sep 25, 2019
dairykidd:

You shouldn't fear gas but learn to use it properly and like everything else not properly used, it kills. You can't say u fear traveling by road or air because of road accidents or plane crash? Or that you are suddenly afraid of sex because of diseases Learning to do things the right way saves a lot of time, stress & life
Using Gas presents a clear and present danger..

It is an ongoing risk that some people are better off without as long as there are less dangerous alternatives..

To my own views,using gas is like playing Russian Roulette with my life especially if there are Children in the house..
Re: Gas Cooker Explosion Kills Girl, Stroke Patient In Lagos (Photos) by youngsahito(m): 11:57am On Sep 25, 2019
govt should compulsory each home to have a fire extinguisher for their safety.
Re: Gas Cooker Explosion Kills Girl, Stroke Patient In Lagos (Photos) by Nobody: 12:11pm On Sep 25, 2019
DarkJeddi:
Using Gas presents a clear and present danger..

It is an ongoing risk that some people are better off without as long as there are less dangerous alternatives..

To my own views,using gas is like playing Russian Roulette with my life especially if there are Children in the house..

Being born into this world is a risk. Managing any risk is what makes u who u are... Since its like Russian roulette to u i think u should switch to fire wood or electric burner... There are so many safety measures to use when children are around but it's your opinion tho. Sawdust dey or firewood chose one cheesy

1 Like

Re: Gas Cooker Explosion Kills Girl, Stroke Patient In Lagos (Photos) by DarkJeddi(m): 12:29pm On Sep 25, 2019
dairykidd:

Being born into this world is a risk. Managing any risk is what makes u who u are... Since its like Russian roulette to u i think u should switch to fire wood or electric burner... There are so many safety measures to use when children are around but it's your opinion tho. Sawdust dey or firewood chose one cheesy
Life is about risks,calculated risks..

Managing a risk may involve NOT dealing with the said risky process..

Within this month,this is the second time reports of lives being lost due to gas explosions are gracing the front page of Nairaland..

And IF you have Children,you would have realize that where Children are concerned,there's no foolproof measure to safety..

To each their own,but I would rather be safe than sorry.. grin

1 Like

Re: Gas Cooker Explosion Kills Girl, Stroke Patient In Lagos (Photos) by henrojp(m): 12:49pm On Sep 25, 2019
* Don't leave gas on while trying to lit a matches. It's dangerous. That is true

2 Likes

Re: Gas Cooker Explosion Kills Girl, Stroke Patient In Lagos (Photos) by Kabir2Mohammad(m): 12:54pm On Sep 25, 2019
slawomir:

Bros nor be lie

Me ehnnn. I now even sabi cook self not to talk of coming close to a gas

As you avoid having physical contact with it, make sure ur neighbors are not using with it as well

2 Likes

Re: Gas Cooker Explosion Kills Girl, Stroke Patient In Lagos (Photos) by henrojp(m): 12:54pm On Sep 25, 2019
Re: Gas Cooker Explosion Kills Girl, Stroke Patient In Lagos (Photos) by Psoul (m ): 11:32am Try to change ur gas cylinder even b4 it reaches the expiry date. Life is more precious than what is use to sustain life. My wife saw me coming home with a new gas cylinder and she was like..."honey, why are u spending another money for a gas cylinder when these ones are still looking new"? I told her that I want to destroy one of the cylinders and sold it as a scrap to the scrap dealer. She asked why. I told her cos I love her and my kids so much. She got confused. I then told her that the old cylinder can explode any moment from now....now she is scared... Nice idéal

1 Like

Re: Gas Cooker Explosion Kills Girl, Stroke Patient In Lagos (Photos) by SenecaTheYonger: 2:04pm On Sep 25, 2019
Olaolex:

Comprehension problem ���
Did you watch the video?
Re: Gas Cooker Explosion Kills Girl, Stroke Patient In Lagos (Photos) by midnighter(f): 2:29pm On Sep 25, 2019
professorMD1:
Gas cylinders have expiry dates and safety precautions.

what

where is the date written...

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Soldier Damages Ogun Couple's Car For Cautioning Him Over Reckless Driving / Lagos-Based Lady And Her Boyfriend Send Fake Bank Credit Alert (Video) / Ehumibe Moji Dada Omoh, Immigration Officer In Police Net Over Fraud (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.