Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,708 members, 7,816,911 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:59 PM

No Refund For Federal Roads Repairs - FG Tells Governors - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / No Refund For Federal Roads Repairs - FG Tells Governors (23980 Views)

FG Disburses N105.5 Billion For 260 Roads Repairs Nationwide / Save South East From Collapse, Okonjo-Iweala Tells Governors / Give Us Free Hand To Wipe Out Terrorists, Army Tells Governors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: No Refund For Federal Roads Repairs - FG Tells Governors by GavelSlam: 10:01am On Sep 25, 2019
Naughtysite:

You can imagine. And they have all the best roads up north while PH and Akwa Ibom that produce oil money have no roads.

People use rope to tie exhausts pipe before they can complete a PH to and fro trip.

Where in the North have you been?

By the way, isn't it evident the northerners pay more attention to infrastructure?

Of all the money received by Delta state government, what can you point to?
Re: No Refund For Federal Roads Repairs - FG Tells Governors by Nobody: 10:04am On Sep 25, 2019
GavelSlam:

Where in the North have you been?

By the way, isn't it evident the northerners pay more attention to infrastructure?

Of all the money received by Delta state government, what can you point to?

Bring a car, let me drive you around the North of Nigeria.
Re: No Refund For Federal Roads Repairs - FG Tells Governors by Dpharisee: 10:04am On Sep 25, 2019
Northern Governors don't spend their money fixing roads because the FG gives a lot of attention to them, it's roads in the South that are left to collapse making the people to suffer
Re: No Refund For Federal Roads Repairs - FG Tells Governors by KingTom(m): 10:06am On Sep 25, 2019
Naughtysite:

I can imagine. I have stopped traveling sef.

Before, people used to travel around Nigeria
for fun. No longer possible now.
At all bro
Re: No Refund For Federal Roads Repairs - FG Tells Governors by Nobody: 10:07am On Sep 25, 2019
capitalzero:
Unless there is toll gate,sanwo may not want to fix badagry road with this new development

Badagry expressway has long since been concessioned to Lagos. It is a world Bank loan being used to execute.

1 Like

Re: No Refund For Federal Roads Repairs - FG Tells Governors by duwdu: 10:08am On Sep 25, 2019
Bridget95:
We have never had it this bad in the southeast,not even under Abacha. Aba-Portharcourt road ,Aba-Umuahia,Onitsha-Enugu roads are nightmares and the present government is yet to fix them.This is really pathetic.

You expect a government now earning less than its predecessors to fix in four years all the infrastructure abandoned/destroyed in 16 successive years of locust governance by previous governments?

You go wait tire, you hear?

P34c3

1 Like 1 Share

Re: No Refund For Federal Roads Repairs - FG Tells Governors by 9jaArea: 10:09am On Sep 25, 2019
The moment Benue claimed more than 1 billion as refund for rehabilitating FG roads I knew it was all fraud.

Ceegar01:
I think fashola is making a great point there imagine the amount of money states like Ogun, Delta and Rivers State are claiming to have spent on federal roads which i know they didn't.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: No Refund For Federal Roads Repairs - FG Tells Governors by joinnow: 10:09am On Sep 25, 2019
Let break up and each region manage its road network.
Abi they want to build federal road using federal character.

Me I really tire
Most federal road are in bad shape.

2 Likes

Re: No Refund For Federal Roads Repairs - FG Tells Governors by adenigga(m): 10:13am On Sep 25, 2019
mushystuff:
Hehehe..next level directive. Seriously though, this is all shades of wrong because FG is clearly too ethnocentric to want to pay equal attention to all regions. It is mostly Southern governors that are forced to intervene on federal roads. Northern governors don't have to because the president is their brother!

Now if the state governors are asked to steer clear or repair those roads at their expense, what then is the FG doing? If they were doing their jobs will governors have to? Why not look at how to agree on payment modalities and review claims made by the state governments? These idiots in power are fond of either forcing stuff down the throats of Nigerians or absolutely throwing out the baby with the bathwater! They never apply critical thoughts to their policies and decisions!

PMB belongs to d 2nd 3rd section of dis pix below. So I'm not surprised of his way of governance!

PMB belongs to

Re: No Refund For Federal Roads Repairs - FG Tells Governors by GavelSlam: 10:13am On Sep 25, 2019
Naughtysite:

Bring a car, let me drive you around the North of Nigeria.

You don't have a car?
Re: No Refund For Federal Roads Repairs - FG Tells Governors by obailala(m): 10:19am On Sep 25, 2019
LadyExcellency:

Get lost.

President Buhari is so ethnocentric that he instructed the World Bank and IMF to concentrate development in Northern Nigeria.

Have you imagine such a bigot as the President
cyberguy72:
RUBBISH
President Buhari is ethnocentric, there is no argument on that. But can you point out any tangible evidence to prove that his ethnocentrism affected the national spread of projects in the federal ministry of works?

Regarding the instruction to World bank / IMF, it is the normal tradition of those institutions to concentrate their aid efforts in war ravaged areas. As far as Nigeria is concerned, only the north east is war ravaged, so the president's instructions to the IMF were not out of place. Besides even being war ravaged, every single human development index which informs the IMF/World bank's decisions on where to provide aid also points to the north; extreme poverty, disease, hunger, illiteracy etc. PMB doesn't need to tell the IMF how to do what they've been doing for ages.

With that away, let's return to the main issue. I ask again, kindly point out how the president's ethnocentrism affected the spread of capital projects around the geopolitical zones?... Give me substance, not childishness or emotions.
Re: No Refund For Federal Roads Repairs - FG Tells Governors by Kennydoc(m): 10:21am On Sep 25, 2019
GavelSlam:

Because it is evident that states have taken care of the roads they have control over?

Some states have. There is no state road in Anambra that is presently unmotorable, not one! They are not all perfect, but are all very motorable.
Re: No Refund For Federal Roads Repairs - FG Tells Governors by obailala(m): 10:23am On Sep 25, 2019
Dpharisee:
Northern Governors don't spend their money fixing roads because the FG gives a lot of attention to them, it's roads in the South that are left to collapse making the people to suffer
Can you substantiate this claim that the FG is carrying out more CAPITAL projects in the north than the south? It's not enough to just repeat a 'popular opinion' over and over again because that popular opinion can sometimes be false.

In my opinion I think it is richer states that spend state funds in fixing federal road; biggest culprits are Lagos, RIvers and Delta.
Re: No Refund For Federal Roads Repairs - FG Tells Governors by ebusmus: 10:23am On Sep 25, 2019
I admire your penmanship,that been said, there is a sense of insincerity and lack of depth in you view.this is about governance and the inabilities of leaders to deliver,not a husband and wife thing (as you claim it to be),sadly,we're living in a failed. state.
Re: No Refund For Federal Roads Repairs - FG Tells Governors by executive12: 10:23am On Sep 25, 2019
Nonsense. The country needs to be restructured. The FG should hands off the roads within the States.
Re: No Refund For Federal Roads Repairs - FG Tells Governors by executive12: 10:25am On Sep 25, 2019
mushystuff:
Hehehe..next level directive. Seriously though, this is all shades of wrong because FG is clearly too ethnocentric to want to pay equal attention to all regions. It is mostly Southern governors that are forced to intervene on federal roads. Northern governors don't have to because the president is their brother!

Now if the state governors are asked to steer clear or repair those roads at their expense, what then is the FG doing? If they were doing their jobs will governors have to? Why not look at how to agree on payment modalities and review claims made by the state governments? These idiots in power are fond of either forcing stuff down the throats of Nigerians or absolutely throwing out the baby with the bathwater! They never apply critical thoughts to their policies and decisions!

That is why the country needs to be restructured.
Re: No Refund For Federal Roads Repairs - FG Tells Governors by emanns(m): 10:32am On Sep 25, 2019
the SS and the SE governors are not ready to do anything look at the move the Governor of Ogun is talking, he saw dat the 3 road that enter the state from Lagos is very bad,so went to the FG and seek approval to construct the road because of the economy important but those SE or SS won't do that they will be waiting for the federal government to do it,look at ikorodu road in Lagos state is a federal road but fashola did the road.
Re: No Refund For Federal Roads Repairs - FG Tells Governors by duwdu: 10:34am On Sep 25, 2019
TSRC:

You actually believe they want to?
Fashola keep plunging Nigeria into more debt in the name of infrastructure.

If those infrastructure were built by the states, it automatically means the federal govt has to reimburse them, which means more pressure to use the borrowed monies appropriately, less unallocated funds, less chance for corruption, inefficiency, Bureaucracy and even less nepotism.

LOL, which state resources have been used judiciously by the states themselves, talk less of Federal hand-outs to the states?

P34c3
Re: No Refund For Federal Roads Repairs - FG Tells Governors by caprini1: 10:34am On Sep 25, 2019
dokyOloye:
This next level eee.
If they think d repair bills are inflated,why not get d intending governors to apply first,then an assessment made and the price agreed on b4 repairs will start?
This govt just wants ppl to suffer
Lagos - Badagry - Seme Border road that connects Nigeria to its neighbouring west African countries is an eyesore( if you have something worse ,you can put it here)....as in,if you have never passed through that road,please do.... you will curse everybody in government.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: No Refund For Federal Roads Repairs - FG Tells Governors by capitalzero: 10:36am On Sep 25, 2019
ornicus:

Badagry expressway has long since been concessioned to Lagos. It is a world Bank loan being used to execute.

who will pay back the loan?
Re: No Refund For Federal Roads Repairs - FG Tells Governors by Nobody: 10:37am On Sep 25, 2019
capitalzero:

who will pay back the loan?

LASG.
Re: No Refund For Federal Roads Repairs - FG Tells Governors by duwdu: 10:54am On Sep 25, 2019
mushystuff:

This is a slightly ignorant and myopic statement. Do you think those roads linking states are only on the outskirts? Some of them are major roads in busy towns that lead to other states so everyone in that city or town is affected when the roads are bad!

Secondly, there are large multitudes of Nigerians who depend on daily movement/transport whether from farms to markets or to deliver goods or even our petroleum products that tankers must haul across state lines! Why do you think there's always news of tankers falling over and causing explosions? When this critical infrastructure is bad, it affects the residents and citizens generally.

Keep weaving arguments. Imagine blaming tankers falling over on bad roads, instead of more on reckless, drunk, irresponsible driving and even unlicensed drivers and non-serviceable vehicles that are clearly not road-worthy or overloaded, just to mention a few?

And keep heaping all blames on Federal roads and neglecting state roads that are a lot, lot more in numbers and worse in their states of disrepair - even for the purpose of evacuation of farm produce from our hinterland. Learn to hold your local leaders and reps at the national level responsible for once. Start with what you can directly influence. Stop arrogating to yourself the monopoly of wisdom and profiling others as ignorant and myopic.

My two kobo.

P34c3
Re: No Refund For Federal Roads Repairs - FG Tells Governors by capitalzero: 10:59am On Sep 25, 2019
ornicus:

LASG.

Technically ,lagos is fixing federal road through loan or not. I feel badagry road will have toll gate so that LASG can her money back
Re: No Refund For Federal Roads Repairs - FG Tells Governors by Burruchaga71(m): 11:17am On Sep 25, 2019
Honestly this country needs to be restructure
Re: No Refund For Federal Roads Repairs - FG Tells Governors by Creamz(m): 11:33am On Sep 25, 2019
Ceegar01:
I think fashola is making a great point there imagine the amount of money states like Ogun, Delta and Rivers State are claiming to have spent on federal roads which i know they didn't.

What are you even talking about? We Nigerians act as if we are not the users of these roads. You mean the state governments should have left the federal roads within their domain so that people would be locked in traffic because of negligence of the federal government? If the money spent by the state government on these roads are too much, then the federal government should be up and doing so the states doesn't have to do the federal roads themselves.
Re: No Refund For Federal Roads Repairs - FG Tells Governors by nototribalist: 11:34am On Sep 25, 2019
I swear Rochas will not go unpunished.
Re: No Refund For Federal Roads Repairs - FG Tells Governors by Lizzybianca402(f): 11:38am On Sep 25, 2019
for btc, click the link in my signature.
Re: No Refund For Federal Roads Repairs - FG Tells Governors by eagleu: 11:47am On Sep 25, 2019
joinnow:
Let break up and each region manage its road network.
Abi they want to build federal road using federal character.

Me I really tire
Most federal road are in bad shape.

That's another problem with this unfavorable federal system: it's punishing southerners from every direction. So-called federal roads in name only! They know that we have more rain in the south, the roads are more liable to damage, yet they insist of allocating more money for dry northern roads.
Re: No Refund For Federal Roads Repairs - FG Tells Governors by Abagworo(m): 11:59am On Sep 25, 2019
Bridget95:
We have never had it this bad in the southeast,not even under Abacha. Aba-Portharcourt road ,Aba-Umuahia,Onitsha-Enugu roads are nightmares and the present government is yet to fix them.This is really pathetic.

It was worse before Buhari came on board

1 Like

Re: No Refund For Federal Roads Repairs - FG Tells Governors by Nobody: 12:20pm On Sep 25, 2019
Eraserubbish:
Leave buharis roads alone...

Why not say, leave FG roads alone..oponu

As a Buhari's fan i found that statement hilarious.

Tell them to leave my road alone.
Awa oga get bad PR

1 Like

Re: No Refund For Federal Roads Repairs - FG Tells Governors by udemzyudex(m): 12:34pm On Sep 25, 2019
Next level.

Very useless government, what's stopping them from making sure that the FG is carried along when such projects are embark by the state government?

Like assigning their own personel to monitor everything and make sure sure everything is accounted for?

I swear this fashola is over hype, they are all the same.
You see them telling you how things will work, immediately they get there they all turn to mumu.
Re: No Refund For Federal Roads Repairs - FG Tells Governors by CoolAmbience(m): 12:35pm On Sep 25, 2019
mushystuff:

Ngwa restructure and decentralize power/funds una no gree, dem go turn am to division of Nigeria. Oya be centrally efficient na, impossible! God forbid nonsense!

What do you know order than to say things you know nothing about?

Have the governors fixed all the roads they have in their states?

Aren't the governors supposed to workout and agree on costs with the FG before embarking on any FG road project?

Did you know that ongoing FG road projects were evenly allocated across the six regions based on clear priorities? Stop being unnecessarily bias.

You expect the president to continue to allow the governors to rip off on the nation through bloated FG road projects refund bills?

Imagine, FG roads refund bills of nearly N1trillion, even though crude sold for more than $120 per barrel during the period these interventions happened? Why didn't the past FG make these refunds?

What Mr. President has directed is in order. They should mind their states. Aren't we talking about the same governors that couldn't pay salaries and pensions of civil servants, after several bailout funds were released to them?

What exactly do you mean by restructuring and decentralization? What structure did we have in the first republic? Where did it lead us to? If you think the problem is about restructuring and decentralization, then you need to have a rethink.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Attacks Against Osinbajo: How 4 Media Firms Apologized Over Fabricated Stories / 2023: Desist From Campaign Of Calummy - Okowa To Tinubu / Photo Of Asiwaju Bola Tinubu AND Dele Momodu Back In The Days (pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.